Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vgc 2013

Default Vgc 2013

So, since the vgc 2012 is long over, I think we will be receiving news about vgc 2013 nationals (regionals have already started in America I think). So in this thread you can post your ideas in how you think it should be or how you don't want it to be. I personally think they should bring in a Swiss format especially in the uk since everyone knows its better and you won't get haxed in a battle and be deleted from the tournament immediately. Also, I cannot express this enough, THE PEOPLE RUNNING THE TOURNAMENT SHOULD ACTUALLY LOOK AT THE PEOPLE'S POKEMON TO SEE IF THEY SEEM DOGDEY/ HACKED AND NOT LET A MODIFIED DS DO IT! George Langford (senior champion from uk) had a hacked kingdra (it was in a cherish ball and no kingdra event had ever happened) and he beat me. Loads of other people noticed but the people running the tournament said there was nothing wrong with his team!
    "shut up!" ~ Smosh
    STEPHANOOOOOOOO!!!!!

A very, very special credit to Rayce for giving me a timid thunderus ( the milos island one too.) after seeking it for half a year. He really did bend over backwards to get it to me, and I'm very grateful for that.

BARRELS! >:-(
    Im a bro, are you?
    Everybody do the flop!

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...or-Swift-Club)

This is mine and liz azzimagicas taylor swift fan club!

If you are a true Swiftie (a Taylor Swift fan) like me and not scared to show it, "Drop Everything Now" and copy and paste in your signature.

Me,Liz azzimagica,doodlebug and dr ciel are the taylor swift fans of serebii!
    4857 4427 2582: FC for white 2

I want to compete in something like this. Too bad the "World championship" only involves the US, but oh I'm sorry, they are really international since they play the finals in Vancouver Canada

My FC (Y): 3995-6945-2972 (Fairy) ||Banner Credit to Sworn Metalhead!
    Trainer's Card ||
    http://9gag.com/chrysaries || Pokememes/Memebase||Battle FC: 3182 4147 0411
    Quote Originally Posted by 0LdSk00lMew View Post
    I'm not going to lie you have the best stuff around xD

Quote Originally Posted by hwoarang97 View Post
    I want to compete in something like this. Too bad the "World championship" only involves the US, but oh I'm sorry, they are really international since they play the finals in Vancouver Canada

You can compete, they have events in Europe and different parts is America.
    "shut up!" ~ Smosh
    STEPHANOOOOOOOO!!!!!

A very, very special credit to Rayce for giving me a timid thunderus ( the milos island one too.) after seeking it for half a year. He really did bend over backwards to get it to me, and I'm very grateful for that.

Im a bro, are you?
    Everybody do the flop!

If you are a true Swiftie (a Taylor Swift fan) like me and not scared to show it, "Drop Everything Now" and copy and paste in your signature.

http://www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokem...onship-series/ Just mentioning North America for all the lower tournaments. But maybe it's because it says Pokemon.Com/us/

Trainer's Card ||

http://www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokem...onship-series/ Just mentioning North America for all the lower tournaments. But maybe it's because it says Pokemon.Com/us/

Oh that's for the tcg ( trading card game) I'm talking about the game tournament. With the ds's and cartridges and stuff.
    "shut up!" ~ Smosh
    STEPHANOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Im a bro, are you?
    Everybody do the flop!

Oh, yeah me too :P Then I looked at the wrong page. I just need to check Serebii news feed to find out if/when there's any tournament going on?

Trainer's Card ||

Aren't they already doing a good job scanning for hacked Pokemon?

Quote Originally Posted by BritishWeavile View Post
    Aren't they already doing a good job scanning for hacked Pokemon?
    Not really. Last year when I went, some guy got caught using a Raikou that knew Aura Sphere that wasn't shiny.
    Thankfully I didn't have to fight him... but he did get caught in the middle of the tourny and was DQ'd.
    I really dislike Pokegen users.
    Under Construction

Oh, yeah me too :P Then I looked at the wrong page. I just need to check Serebii news feed to find out if/when there's any tournament going on?
    Currently it hasn't been announced on serebii. You can speculate in this thread though. Britishweavile, trust me they just take your game card, put it In a modified ds, take it out and give it back. They don't even look at the team! They rely on technology, untrustworthy technology.
    "shut up!" ~ Smosh
    STEPHANOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Im a bro, are you?
    Everybody do the flop!

Quote Originally Posted by Mrmuffin123 View Post
    they just take your game card, put it In a modified ds, take it out and give it back. They don't even look at the team! They rely on technology, untrustworthy technology.
    In all fairness, what are they even hoping of detecting with that?

ah , what an unsightly existence ! / illustration : cyawa

Quote Originally Posted by scraftyscrafty View Post
    Truer words have never been spoken. Bnator92, was that person called George Langford by any chance? :-D
    "shut up!" ~ Smosh
    STEPHANOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Im a bro, are you?
    Everybody do the flop!

Quote Originally Posted by scraftyscrafty View Post
    I think (mostly just a guess) the thing scans the team to see if you've got any of the obvious banned pokes like Mewtwo, etc. Probably, the system also checks for banned moves like Dark Void and alerts the staff to them. Just basic stuff that wouldn't be allowed in random matchups. But again, I don't know. From what I saw when I went to regionals, they did physically look at your team on the screen (the sprites), but they just didn't look at the nitty gritty stuff like movesets, shininess, what's in a particular ball, etc.
    Last edited by zozo; 31st October 2012 at 5:23 PM.

My Youtube battle videos
    My 3DS FC: 3609-1041-6416.

I have claimed Goodra. Happy slime dragons ftw!

Quote Originally Posted by zozo View Post
    I think (mostly just a guess) the thing scans the team to see if you've got any of the obvious banned pokes like Mewtwo, etc. Probably, the system also checks for banned moves like Dark Void and alerts the staff to them. Just basic stuff that wouldn't be allowed in random matchups. But again, I don't know. From what I saw when I went to regionals, they did physically look at your team on the screen (the sprites), but they just didn't look at the nitty gritty stuff like movesets, shininess, what's in a particular ball, etc.

That actually makes sense. But guys remember, this thread is for speculations. We are getting a little off topic.
    "shut up!" ~ Smosh
    STEPHANOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Im a bro, are you?
    Everybody do the flop!

Most of them pokemon at nationals are hacked, Just so you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Watchog View Post
    Most of them pokemon at nationals are hacked, Just so you know.

That killed any hope I had at winning those darn tournaments.
    "shut up!" ~ Smosh
    STEPHANOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Im a bro, are you?
    Everybody do the flop!

This is why i hate pokemon tournaments, not only am i quite average at battling, but when all the pokemon are hacked you don't really stand a chance (I met someone who had a Linoone that had belly drum and batten pass)

.: 3DS FC: 0490-5034-9209 :.
    .: DeviantART :: Graphics Thread :: Art Thread :: Art Shop :.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Red Absol View Post
    This is why i hate pokemon tournaments, not only am i quite average at battling, but when all the pokemon are hacked you don't really stand a chance (I met someone who had a Linoone that had belly drum and batten pass)

Well in the uk tournaments most people don't have hacks since most of them are kids anyway.
    "shut up!" ~ Smosh
    STEPHANOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Im a bro, are you?
    Everybody do the flop!

Smile

Well in the uk tournaments most people don't have hacks since most of them are kids anyway.
    Well ive been for the past 2 years, not done brilliantly though but it is good fun. i think by hacked, people are speaking about RNG bred pokemon, its not techniqually cheating, its more of a manipulation of the game, but good strategy can get past that.

And i can supply you with the means to get a timid Cottonee with beat up, ill get my friend code for you next time im on the game
    U Liek?

So, since the vgc 2012 is long over, I think we will be receiving news about vgc 2013 nationals (regionals have already started in America I think). So in this thread you can post your ideas in how you think it should be or how you don't want it to be. I personally think they should bring in a Swiss format especially in the uk since everyone knows its better and you won't get haxed in a battle and be deleted from the tournament immediately. Also, I cannot express this enough, THE PEOPLE RUNNING THE TOURNAMENT SHOULD ACTUALLY LOOK AT THE PEOPLE'S POKEMON TO SEE IF THEY SEEM DOGDEY/ HACKED AND NOT LET A MODIFIED DS DO IT! George Langford (senior champion from uk) had a hacked kingdra (it was in a cherish ball and no kingdra event had ever happened) and he beat me. Loads of other people noticed but the people running the tournament said there was nothing wrong with his team!
    Why didn't you alert a tournament official?
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

Quote Originally Posted by randomspot555 View Post
    Why didn't you alert a tournament official?
    I did but they said 'there are some machines that are beyond our knowledge that people use to hack, since his game didn't come up as hacked he can stay in tournament'. Wth you can clearly see he is using an american game from the little code on the cartridge and your only allowed european cardriges (he even admitted it was american to me)!

And thanks stabtastic for the offer! But I've been offline a bit on serebii trying to breed myself a timid beat up cottonee and I just got one yesterday before I saw your post! But thank you anyways!
    Last edited by Mrmuffin123; 7th December 2012 at 9:02 AM.
    "shut up!" ~ Smosh
    STEPHANOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Im a bro, are you?
    Everybody do the flop!

The vgc 2013 Europe locations have been revealed!!!! What's everyone opinion on the new Swiss format for them?
    "shut up!" ~ Smosh
    STEPHANOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Im a bro, are you?
    Everybody do the flop!

I think the World Championship should include Australia. The only thing stopping them from giving us a fair go is money. TPCi are money addicts just like the rest of the world. -_-
    I love my cute little Machop!

Come on, you know Machop is cute! I mean, who couldn't love those endearing eyes? That adorable face? That loving embrace?

Just don't call it cuddly or else it will hurt you.

Credit to pokefan#493 for the userbar and Northern Lights for the badge

Click the banner to go to this forum's branch of the Bring Back Bionicle Club.

I am now the rightful claimer of Machop in the Official Claim A Pokemon Thread v5! [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/2z57udz.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by No. 1 Machop Fan View Post
    I think the World Championship should include Australia. The only thing stopping them from giving us a fair go is money. TPCi are money addicts just like the rest of the world. -_-
    You can still compete in the Wi-Fi tournaments which, according to what I've been told, be more than necessary to qualify you for the live World Championship match tournament thing.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

So could you have lower chances to win if you don't take part in online tournaments?
    "shut up!" ~ Smosh
    STEPHANOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Im a bro, are you?
    Everybody do the flop!

So could you have lower chances to win if you don't take part in online tournaments?
    You either win or lose your individual battle. That is completely separate from if you collect enough points or whatever to qualify for World Tournament, which is help after all the regional ones are done.

All I said is that you need to collect enough VGC points in winning multiple tournaments to qualify for Worlds. Someone who only participates in one regional tournament in their hometown city or whatever, even if they win it, still might not qualify for Worlds.

Again, see VGC rules for details. But it is my understanding that if you competed and won enough in the Wi-Fi competitions that have been going on all year, you should be able to qualify for Worlds regardless of if you attended a physical tournament or not.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast