Thread: Small Forum Problem

Default Small Forum Problem

When using the default skin, when I try to use the search box for searching within a particular forum, the text I type in the box isn't visible, as though it was set to white text on a white background. It's just fine on any other skin besides the default one. It's the same way with the box for search box for searching within a thread. The main search box is just fine, though. Also, on the Black & White skin, the text is visible, but hard to see, since you've got light gray text on a white background.
    Last edited by mbruno; 31st October 2012 at 8:00 PM.

It's because of what controls the colour of the text in the search box. I'll check the Default and the B+W skins to see what I can adjust to make it easier to read.
    Just checked, it affects the thread search box, The details on the avatar bar (user title, join date, locations etc.) The name of the forum on the breakdown at the top and the edited comment when you change your post.

EDIT 1 - Made it black on the Default style
    EDIT2 - Made it grey-blue on the BW skin, but it's made a lot of borders and things blue too. I'll probably have to turn this skin off at some point to update all the settings on it.
    Last edited by RaZoR LeAf; 31st October 2012 at 9:18 PM.

Banner Count: 12

It looks hideous now. Please change it back. I've been used to the search bar problem for awhile.

Can't please everyone. Black and White was one of the first styles that went up, with barely any kind of proper work done on it other than basic stuff. It was before I had direct involvement, and just sent colours to Serebii. It will be improved on in time, so it's up to the same standard as the newer styles. As will all the skins.

I'm talking about the default one. Please change the colour of the text back

To what? White is invisible in the search box, green is invisible on the post bars. Red would contrast perfectly but be out of place. It was going to change eventually anyway, so maybe you should start getting used to it again.

Just make it how it was. As I said the search box thing wasn't an issue, you can just type it in without seeing what it is it's no big deal

White text on a white background is an issue as far as I'm concerned, and as I said, it was going to be changed eventually anyway.

EDIT : There, I've compromised. It's grey. Light enough that you can take your thumb our of your arse, dark enough to be read in the search box.
    Last edited by RaZoR LeAf; 31st October 2012 at 10:13 PM.

Speaking of text, the text on VMs seems darker on the default skin. Not sure if that's a glitch or it's intentional, but now it's harder to read. I have to squint my eyes to see it properly. :/

Nope, haven't touched that.

Well, I'm sorry to bug you in light of the other guys' search bar problem, but the other thing did change. Certain text shades have in fact had an alteration in color, from white to grey. Visitor Messages are the most noticable, as they are now hard to read on a grey-black background.
    - I switched skins from default to another skin and back and the grey text problem persists. Now what?

Quote Originally Posted by EternalSword7 View Post
    Well, I'm sorry to bug you in light of the other guys' search bar problem, but the other thing did change. Certain text shades have in fact had an alteration in color, from white to grey. Visitor Messages are the most noticable, as they are now hard to read on a grey-black background.
    - I switched skins from default to another skin and back and the grey text problem persists. Now what?
    I assume you mean when you are viewing the conversation of VMs (you have to specify this, it's a different page altogether). I don't see how it has become more difficult to read unless your eyesight is terrible. The two greys are quite contrasting.

http://www.serebiiforums.com/attachm...3&d=1351720884
    Attached Images Attached Images

It is the conversation page, yes.
    And I'm mildly colorblind to various shades of grey and black. It's a problem.

Can't please everyone. The search box is a bigger issue than the VM page.