Thread: Is this real or fake???

Exclamation Is this real or fake???

I got this game off of amazon. I think it was used. HNI_0065.JPG
    Last edited by holy dragon; 1st November 2012 at 11:59 PM.

It looks pretty real to me. Have you played it yet?

Oh yes, how much was it? I've been dying to get myself an Emerald Version once I heard of it.

Spoiler:- Some Things:

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlight Absol View Post
    I've been dying to get myself an Emerald Version once I heard of it.
    Don't waste your money at this point. Begging to be ripped off.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Don't waste your money at this point. Begging to be ripped off.
    I know, right? Everyone is selling it for like, 50$ or something. -_-

Spoiler:- Some Things:

I hate to tell you but that's fake. The code on the bottom-right corner of the sticker reads "AGB-BPEE-USA".

How much was it? I got mine brand new for Ł40. The fake one only cost eight.

It's sad: you have to pay alot more than it's worth for the real thing

Quote Originally Posted by Green Blockhead View Post
    I hate to tell you but that's fake. The code on the bottom-right corner of the sticker reads "AGB-BPEE-USA".
    What are you talking about, that's exactly the code on my Emerald Version, and mine isn't fake, because I bought mine at Walmart.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Looks real to me. Take it to a gameshop and ask there.

~ | Latest shiny: Platinum (246 Softresets) | ~

~ | Friendscode X & Y: 3196-4085-3103 | ~

~ | Living Pokédex: 718/721 | ~

The background looks different to me. I think it might be fake. (I would know--I have a real Emerald.)
    Click Jirachi to join the amazing Ever Grande City forums! You won't regret joining it!
    I've claimed this Pokemon.

is emerald kinda rare or something?
    Es so Einfach wie Eins, Zwei, Drei.

Quote Originally Posted by Todoserugi View Post
    kinda. It's a very good pokemon game. In my opinion the best in the series. and they're pretty expensive.
    My team in Black 2 Emboar,elektross,gigalith,lucario,Sigalyph and Black kyruem

Quote Originally Posted by Todoserugi View Post
    Not in the traditional sense. It was given a full production run and then some. Copies were not at all difficult to find when the product was current.

That last part is the catch - Emerald, like all of the Generation III titles, is long out of print. Combine that with its extreme popularity during its run and the relative ease of pirating software these days and you get a current secondary market that is comprised largely of counterfeit merchandise. What isn't fake is being sold at a considerable markup from the game's original pricing. All of these combine to make the current effort of trying to find a Generation III game one best not undertaken.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Its real. I got a fake one and its not even see through green, its plain gray. Plus it sticks out my GBA slot, nya~
    "It's hard enough breaking a limited edition 3DS that a girl cherished,
    but breaking her feelings like a thin layer of ice is another thing..."

Does it really matter if it's fake? As long as it saves properly and generally works you should be fine.

if you look in the bottom of the cart, at the circuit board, just above the contacts you should see "©2002 Nintendo"
    It's a little tricky to see, but just tilt it around until you can make out if and what it says there. (you don't have to take apart the cartridge, it's visible without damaging your game)
    SS BQ: 1.2.
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.
    Going to Montreal's Otakuthon this summer?
    Get involved! Become a volunteer!
    Volunteers get rewards!

It looks real to me. I also have an Emerald. I just need to find where the little bugger went to, it's probably hiding, not wanting to have ANOTHER new save file created on it. I've played that game so much I can't believe I have ran it dead yet. It's my favorite Pokemon game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yeul View Post
    Said it before, so I'll say it again. Best Wishes needs more delicious N.

Hard to tell from the picture. The first one I got was fake, and the easiest way to tell is to see if the game actually saves or not. If you save it, turn it off, then have to start a new game when you turn it back on, it's fake.

The easiest way to tell is via the label. If the label is shiny, it's most likely real, but if the label is similar, but not shiny, it's most likely fake. Both the real and fake cartridges will have transparent green casing, though the casing on the fake one is usually lighter in color.

Regardless, just see if the game actually saves. You can also put a 4th Gen game into the DS slot and see if you have the option to "Transfer from Emerald." That should be simple enough.

I think that's enough answers now on if it is real or fake. =p If you cannot see stuff that people say ought to be there then it's fake. (I'll add that if it ever says someone upon loading about the battery or save file being okay on a blue screen you can take it as fake too. What abdulmuhsee says is also a good test; see if it connects to any legit 4th gen games as if it isn't nothing will work and the save file of the Emerald possibly wiped for your trouble too).

Anyways, closed.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

Other Fics
    Unfortunately Blue | Notice: Keep Out | Turnabout Assumptions
    Song Parodies | Snapshots | Fairy Tale (new!)

Check out this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut? Check the forums too!
    Current article: From RSE to ORAS - Top Ten Wanted Improvements!
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangertrout View Post
    if you look in the bottom of the cart, at the circuit board, just above the contacts you should see "©2002 Nintendo"
    It's a little tricky to see, but just tilt it around until you can make out if and what it says there. (you don't have to take apart the cartridge, it's visible without damaging your game)
    This has a Clear shot of it: https://plus.google.com/u/0/11096429...ts/NrQGohMiMnx

It's a real Cart of Sapphire which I've replaced the battery on. I had it for years, when fakes where harder to find. The battery should be over the right hand chip. You are seeing it as if it was Label side up and of course the bottom of the PCB is the contacts.

Quote Originally Posted by abdulmuhsee View Post
    Hard to tell from the picture. The first one I got was fake, and the easiest way to tell is to see if the game actually saves or not. If you save it, turn it off, then have to start a new game when you turn it back on, it's fake.

The easiest way to tell is via the label. If the label is shiny, it's most likely real, but if the label is similar, but not shiny, it's most likely fake. Both the real and fake cartridges will have transparent green casing, though the casing on the fake one is usually lighter in color.

Regardless, just see if the game actually saves. You can also put a 4th Gen game into the DS slot and see if you have the option to "Transfer from Emerald." That should be simple enough.
    I've got to add a few things.. the back of the GBA Case should read AGB-002, like all the GBA games do. I've seen a fake with the wrong code.
    Writing LJ Twitter Raptr

MikeSharpeWriter.com -Project Elfish Jarate

3DS - 3007 - 8991 - 4413 (VM/PM me to add you)