Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Volume 43 theories?

Default Volume 43 theories?

Well obviously looking at the ending scene in Volume 42 there's a lot of speculation to be drawn. So maybe someone should make a thread about it? I'll state my theories to get things going.

We can see that Pryce is here, somehow in present time. I think we can owe Pryce's return to Celebi. Maybe what happened is that Yellow was in the Ilex Forest with Gold's Pichu (it's not in his party right now so it has to be somewhere) and she encountered the Spiky-eared Pichu. And then Celebi shows up and warps Yellow back in time where she encounters Giovanni in Tohjo Falls listening to the radio when Team Rocket takes over Radio Tower (when Carr is in charge of Team Rocket earlier in the HGSS chapter). Yellow convinces Giovanni to bring a halt to Team Rocket's evil plans (she talks about how his son wants to cover up for Giovanni's crimes like he said in FRLG) so Giovanni goes with Yellow to present time with Celebi. Along the way they encounter Pryce in the voids of time so the two take Pryce with them due to his reformation. So that's why Giovanni is there with Pryce. Just a theory (most likely not true but it may be along the lines of that).

And also, notice how grim the three former villains are looking at the end of Volume 42. What I noticed is that if there is no more to the plot than we know then there is nothing to be grim about (and certainly no reason for the three enemies to group together). The point of the Arceus thing was to bring Giovanni back. If Giovanni is back and he wants Archer to stop his insane plans, then he could just tell Archer to stop and everything would be fine. What I think is going on has three possibilities: one, Archer officially lost his mind, lost sight of his original intentions and now he will attempt to take over the world with the most powerful Pokemon in the world. Two, since Arceus lost faith in humanity, it will try to destroy humanity completely and that is the problem that the three villains are worried about. Three, there is a greater evil behind the Rocket plot. Some villain that we saw before told the generals that Arceus will bring Giovanni back and so the creation process is all according to plan and the greater evil will swoop in and do his/her thing with Arceus and the Creation trio. The three ex-villains are aware of this and are there to stop the greater evil's plans.

Quote Originally Posted by Macromind101 View Post
    We can see that Pryce is here, somehow in present time. I think we can owe Pryce's return to Celebi. Maybe what happened is that Yellow was in the Ilex Forest with Gold's Pichu (it's not in his party right now so it has to be somewhere) and she encountered the Spiky-eared Pichu.
    Yeah, it's called the PC. Like any of his other reserve Pokemon.

And then Celebi shows up and warps Yellow back in time where she encounters Giovanni in Tohjo Falls listening to the radio when Team Rocket takes over Radio Tower (when Carr is in charge of Team Rocket earlier in the HGSS chapter).
    Where does it say that they took over the Radio Tower? All it was mentioned was they caused interference.

Yellow convinces Giovanni to bring a halt to Team Rocket's evil plans (she talks about how his son wants to cover up for Giovanni's crimes like he said in FRLG) so Giovanni goes with Yellow to present time with Celebi. Along the way they encounter Pryce in the voids of time so the two take Pryce with them due to his reformation. So that's why Giovanni is there with Pryce. Just a theory (most likely not true but it may be along the lines of that).
    Why would Giovanni travel to the future? Can't he just....you know, wait?

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    Yeah, it's called the PC. Like any of his other reserve Pokemon.
    Yeah but Pichu's a little too important to be simply deposited into PC imo. And also someone said at the end of Volume 42, in Gold's party info it said ??? for Pichu's whereabouts...maybe it's not with him then. If it was in the box then it would have said so.

Where does it say that they took over the Radio Tower? All it was mentioned was they caused interference.
    Silver had pictures of Team Rocket's interference. I think one of them had the Radio Tower on it. I have to check.

Why would Giovanni travel to the future? Can't he just....you know, wait?
    Well since Celebi's present might as well go. And if my theory is true (and I know it most likely isn't but just a what if) then Giovanni would have stopped the general's plans way before he actually did (he might have gone as early as Carr).

Jagura/Carr was present at the very beginning of the arc, but he was then "imprisoned".

Perhaps he will strike again, just as he did in FRLG?
    Why do n00bs exist? Find out by pressing Ctrl+W!

Quote Originally Posted by chosen_one386
    I'd squeak, too, and I'm merely a year older than she is. Hey, and 18 year olds squeal, too. :P I know I do.

Eighteen year olds actually squeal in USA. IT'S A CONSPIRACY TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD USING SQUEALS OF EIGHTEEN YEAR OLDS!

Credits to Gladeshadow!

[IMG]http://i46.*******.com/mmxlg.png[/IMG]
    Exploting the AI like never before!

My OT fanfic: Fighting The Shadows

Quote Originally Posted by hailflameblast View Post
    Jagura/Carr was present at the very beginning of the arc, but he was then "imprisoned".

Perhaps he will strike again, just as he did in FRLG?
    I don't think so, I think Carr's plot is wrapped up. He wasn't much of a villain anyway...

I have no theories but I am curious about one thing that concerns VIZ. Viz clearly wants to release the BW issues as soon as possible and the first official BW chapters will be in volume 43, so for Viz to do that they would almost have to do HGSS volumes and combind story arcs unless they plan to do another Volume 14/15 situation. Hopefully they'll just release all the arcs.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Viz does what Viz wants. If 43 is exactly a 50/50 split between HGSS and BW, then Viz could take the BW chapters and make the first full BW volume be bigger.

It would be hilarious if they rushed and crammed the ending of HGSS into the first one or two chapters just to get as much of BW started as possible.
    HeLlO. You'Re tOo slOw. yOu cAn'T ruN. FOuNd YOu! I AM GOD.

I'd love to get yellow time. But the forums are gonna go into a ragestorm if that happens.

I loved your theory though, it makes perfect sense. But why does she have Gold's Pichu though?

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    I'd love to get yellow time. But the forums are gonna go into a ragestorm if that happens.

I loved your theory though, it makes perfect sense. But why does she have Gold's Pichu though?
    I'm not sure what the exact reasoning will be for Yellow owning Pich but considering she owns his mother and she's the holder of the Pika family it's a possible explanation of why Gold is not in current possession of Pich but he is still noted in the character profiles.

And I have this one "want". It would be awesome if the whole Pikachu-evolution stages are owned by the Dexholders. Spiky-eared Pichu could join the gang and Pich could evolve from happiness and then simultaneously evolve into Raichu like Togebo did. So one Pichu that's incapable of evolving, two Pikachu that don't evolve because one refuses to evolve (at least in the games) and the other has no reason to, and one Raichu.

I'm not sure what the exact reasoning will be for Yellow owning Pich but considering she owns his mother and she's the holder of the Pika family it's a possible explanation of why Gold is not in current possession of Pich but he is still noted in the character profiles.

And I have this one "want". It would be awesome if the whole Pikachu-evolution stages are owned by the Dexholders. Spiky-eared Pichu could join the gang and Pich could evolve from happiness and then simultaneously evolve into Raichu like Togebo did. So one Pichu that's incapable of evolving, two Pikachu that don't evolve because one refuses to evolve (at least in the games) and the other has no reason to, and one Raichu.
    When did Pika ever demonstrate the refusal to evolve?

Games =/= Anime =/= PokeSpe

The Pikachu that Red has is not the same one that was in Pokemon Yellow, nor is it the same one in the anime. Pika has never evolved because Pikachu IS the face of the franchise. Why give Red the mascot just to have him end up not being the mascot? Defeats the purpose.

Pika has never refused to evolve, and Red has no reason (or the desire) to force evolution on him.

(Someone should put "The games, anime, and the various manga series do not exist in the same canon and one doesn't effect the other!" at the top of this forum.)

You forgot Satoshi/Ash's Pikachuu which kick started the refuse-to-evolve idea.

I think it would make more sense to have Chuchu evolve into Raichu as 1) Pika can't ever evolved and 2) Chuchu doesn't have to be a pikachuu. It won't make a lick of difference if Chuchu was a Raichu or not. Sure, she's meant to be the cutesy female version of Pika, but I don't think it messes anything up if she was a Raichu. Still cutesy, still female. It would have hilarious aftermaths if the evolution was accidental, too.

We don't really need more of the Pikachuu-line than necessary. I don't see the point in doing all the work to get spiky-eared Pichu into the gang and having Pich evolve into raichu when it already doesn't do much of anything worthwhile.
    90% of pokemon fans hate/dislike Pikachu, if you are one of the 10% who don't, copy and paste this in your signature (started by Rukario907)
    ~Treasure Fighter (Kiyomaro's Theme)~ and Fuji Syuusuke ~Claimed

My Journey Log of Pokemon White
    Warning: General jerkiness and sarcasm abound. Of course, spoilers as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilchibi_pichu View Post
    You forgot Satoshi/Ash's Pikachuu which kick started the refuse-to-evolve idea.

I think it would make more sense to have Chuchu evolve into Raichu as 1) Pika can't ever evolved and 2) Chuchu doesn't have to be a pikachuu. It won't make a lick of difference if Chuchu was a Raichu or not. Sure, she's meant to be the cutesy female version of Pika, but I don't think it messes anything up if she was a Raichu. Still cutesy, still female. It would have hilarious aftermaths if the evolution was accidental, too.

We don't really need more of the Pikachuu-line than necessary. I don't see the point in doing all the work to get spiky-eared Pichu into the gang and having Pich evolve into raichu when it already doesn't do much of anything worthwhile.
    No, please no...I don't need the whole "May's Bulbasaur evolving into Venusaur" mess again.

Quote Originally Posted by Flintoff Cypress View Post
    Games =/= Anime =/= PokeSpe

The Pikachu that Red has is not the same one that was in Pokemon Yellow, nor is it the same one in the anime. Pika has never evolved because Pikachu IS the face of the franchise. Why give Red the mascot just to have him end up not being the mascot? Defeats the purpose.

Pika has never refused to evolve, and Red has no reason (or the desire) to force evolution on him.

(Someone should put "The games, anime, and the various manga series do not exist in the same canon and one doesn't effect the other!" at the top of this forum.)
    Maybe so but it's supposed to represent the one that Red owns in Pokemon Yellow and the other games where he's shown with a Pikachu. Pika was the mascot of the Yellow chapter just like how Pikachu is the mascot of the Yellow game. Red is always shown with a Pikachu so it's supposed to strengthen how Red's Pika will never evolve (nor does it need to since it's already strong enough the way it is). And Kusaka makes Pika represent the game Pikachu by looking at its moves (it knows Volt Tackle and Iron Tail in Emerald, don't remember what the rest of its moves were). And like you said, Red is the "leader" of the Dexholders and Pika is supposed to represent the series by being the mascot so it will never evolve.
    Last edited by Macromind101; 17th November 2012 at 3:19 PM.

Of course, what I'm saying is that there has been no canonically-stated reason for Pika not evolving to Raichu in PokeSpe and that there could be other reasons (or in this case, no particular reason) than what is established for the Pikachus in the games or the anime.

If need be, I'm sure that Kusaka would simply hand-wave it by saying that it's Pika's choice and only THEN would it be 100% canonically-stated to be a similar situation as his game and anime doppelgangers.

Of course, what I'm saying is that there has been no canonically-stated reason for Pika not evolving to Raichu in PokeSpe and that there could be other reasons (or in this case, no particular reason) than what is established for the Pikachus in the games or the anime.

If need be, I'm sure that Kusaka would simply hand-wave it by saying that it's Pika's choice and only THEN would it be 100% canonically-stated to be a similar situation as his game and anime doppelgangers.
    Well whatever it is the only thing I'm saying is that it would be cool if Pich double-evolves into Raichu much like the Togebo fashion since I think he's the best candidate (Spiky-eared Pichu is incapable, if he even appears in the manga, and I think Pika should stay as a Pikachu while Chuchu seems a little too weak and inexperienced to be a Raichu and also it would ruin the Pikachu-couple thing much like the anime did to the two Bulbasaur).

Pich double-evolving could work. It would be interesting to see a "Pokemon surpasses the parents" situation. I wouldn't want him to evolve to a Pikachu and stay there, as two is enough.

Although, if Pich went to Raichu, people would whine and complain that he's just copying Togebo's evolution.

Pich double-evolving could work. It would be interesting to see a "Pokemon surpasses the parents" situation. I wouldn't want him to evolve to a Pikachu and stay there, as two is enough.

Although, if Pich went to Raichu, people would whine and complain that he's just copying Togebo's evolution.
    That's true but it would still be cool. Raichu got the cold shoulder in the whole franchise. It was mainly depicted as a bully and a moral obstacle in the anime, Red's Pikachu never evolves into Raichu in the games and in the manga its only major debut was alongside Lt. Surge. I think it should be owned by at least one Dexholder to make up for all the crap Raichu got these years. And well truthfully as long as it isn't the exact same scenario I can't see Pich going into Raichu as a problem.

And also the "surpassing its parents" thing...funny thing is Togebo did the exact same thing. XD

And also the "surpassing its parents" thing...funny thing is Togebo did the exact same thing. XD
    I don't mean surpassing as in just "evolved past them" like Togebo did. When I mean that I want Pich to become Raichu to "surpass" his parents, I want it to be a development where Pich shows that he has surpassed Pika and Chuchu in ability (not just power or level). For some reason, I'm drawing a blank on how to describe what I'm talking about in words.

I don't mean surpassing as in just "evolved past them" like Togebo did. When I mean that I want Pich to become Raichu to "surpass" his parents, I want it to be a development where Pich shows that he has surpassed Pika and Chuchu in ability (not just power or level). For some reason, I'm drawing a blank on how to describe what I'm talking about in words.
    I think I can see where you're getting at. In other words, you want Pich to evolve by means of determination in showing how capable it has become at battling, meaning that it has to be put in a situation where it feels inferior, under-appreciated, and/or overprotected enough to the point where it wants to show his worth to his parents/team.

Basically, what's been happening to Togebo in a nutshell.

I could be wrong though, since feeling inferior/overprotected aren't the only conflicts it can go through. Those are just the first things that came to mind when reading your post. There could be other conflicts, like forcing himself to evolve in the face of danger to protect his parents from getting killed or something. That would actually be pretty neat. Problem is, I doubt Pich would get enough screen(picture?)-time like Togebo to develop these conflicts in half of a volume....

But then again, there's always the "for the lulz" route where Pich decides to copy Togebo's evolution burst because it "looked cool." (Think of it as a random spontaneous evolution.) I know it's not likely, but don't forget Pich was hatched by Gold, thus having as much determination as him and Togebo. If Togebo can do it, so can he. Plus, the looks on Gold's, Yellow's, and his parent's faces would be priceless. xD

I think I can see where you're getting at. In other words, you want Pich to evolve by means of determination in showing how capable it has become at battling, meaning that it has to be put in a situation where it feels inferior, under-appreciated, and/or overprotected enough to the point where it wants to show his worth to his parents/team.

Basically, what's been happening to Togebo in a nutshell.

I could be wrong though, since feeling inferior/overprotected aren't the only conflicts it can go through. Those are just the first things that came to mind when reading your post. There could be other conflicts, like forcing himself to evolve in the face of danger to protect his parents from getting killed or something. That would actually be pretty neat. Problem is, I doubt Pich would get enough screen(picture?)-time like Togebo to develop these conflicts in half of a volume....
    Bingo. You hit the nail right on the head. And no, I really can't see that happening in the remaining parts of HGSS.

But then again, there's always the "for the lulz" route where Pich decides to copy Togebo's evolution burst because it "looked cool." (Think of it as a random spontaneous evolution.) I know it's not likely, but don't forget Pich was hatched by Gold, thus having as much determination as him and Togebo. If Togebo can do it, so can he. Plus, the looks on Gold's, Yellow's, and his parent's faces would be priceless. xD
    That would be hilarious. I could even see an entire side-story about Pich sneaking off to get a Thunder Stone. ...Oh, if only Gold/Pich would have won that popularity contest instead of Red...

Well, there's always a chance for another popularity poll. Unless that was a one time deal or something....

Also, to contribute to the thread: about Giovanni's relationship with Silver, I can only see this ending in three ways:

1. Giovanni decides to go solo/go into hiding like he did during the Celebi event in HGSS, abandoning Silver to live his life free from his and Team Rocket's influence.

2. Giovanni reunites with Silver (maybe a few manly tears or a fatherly hug sprinkled in there), and he and his son get a Happily Ever After ending.

3. Giovanni is arrested, but doesn't resist and reassures Silver that it's for the best and that he'll change his ways once he's done his time.

And considering that there's most likely not going to be another GSC remake in the future (which means we won't be seeing Giovanni or the GSC trio anytime soon), I want #2 to happen. No matter how cheesy it could get, I don't care, I want it to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimchu View Post
    Well, there's always a chance for another popularity poll. Unless that was a one time deal or something....

Also, to contribute to the thread: about Giovanni's relationship with Silver, I can only see this ending in three ways:

1. Giovanni decides to go solo/go into hiding like he did during the Celebi event in HGSS, abandoning Silver to live his life free from his and Team Rocket's influence.

2. Giovanni reunites with Silver (maybe a few manly tears or a fatherly hug sprinkled in there), and he and his son get a Happily Ever After ending.

3. Giovanni is arrested, but doesn't resist and reassures Silver that it's for the best and that he'll change his ways once he's done his time.

And considering that there's most likely not going to be another GSC remake in the future (which means we won't be seeing Giovanni or the GSC trio anytime soon), I want #2 to happen. No matter how cheesy it could get, I don't care, I want it to happen.
    Giovanni appeared in the World Tournament in Black and White 2. So that probably means that he'll be the Viridian Gym Leader once again. As for 3, there's not really any "proof" that Giovanni was ever the leader of Team Rocket. You remember in GSC where Erika mentions how Sabrina and Surge used to be part of Team Rocket but they weren't prosecuted or anything because there was no proof, according to the chairman? Erika stated herself that she even tried to have the two arrested but failed because there was no hard evidence to back up that Sabrina and Surge were affiliated with Rocket. It'll probably be the same for Giovanni.

I'm hoping they'll show us exactly why Lance, Giovanni and Pryce are together, but I have a bad feeling they won't, as they're really rushing the HG&SS arc. Considering Lance and Giovanni's less-than-civil relationship shown in the Yellow saga, it'll be interesting to see if they're amicable with each other now. XD
    I'm looking to boost my Join Avenue. I'm offering free Starters (Bulbasaur through Oshawott) for Gen V games. Genders, Natures, nicknames and Pokerus are all requestable. I can also guarantee one perfect IV if you want a specific Nature, and two if you don't. All are legitimate (non-hacked, non-RNG and non-cloned). Please keep requests reasonable; I'm happy to trade you two or three Starters in one session, but anything more and I'll generally ask you to wait until the next day. PM me if you're interested, and I'll usually get back to you within 24 hours.

Pokemon White 2 FC: 1336 0839 8807

Giovanni appeared in the World Tournament in Black and White 2. So that probably means that he'll be the Viridian Gym Leader once again. As for 3, there's not really any "proof" that Giovanni was ever the leader of Team Rocket. You remember in GSC where Erika mentions how Sabrina and Surge used to be part of Team Rocket but they weren't prosecuted or anything because there was no proof, according to the chairman? Erika stated herself that she even tried to have the two arrested but failed because there was no hard evidence to back up that Sabrina and Surge were affiliated with Rocket. It'll probably be the same for Giovanni.

No, even if there is no evidence Giovanni is Team Rocket boss,

I do not think Green will give back him the gym leader position.

Take into account Green's identity is a champion in the World Tournament appearances, this is obviously does not meet with SP.

Okay I have a proposed theory for a possible Sird appearance in Volume 43 (I apologize if I'm annoying anyone with my constant "delusional" rant of a Sird appearance in the short amount of HGSS rounds we have left). Sure, one volume is not enough for the defeat of a villain that probably raised the most questions and left the most cliffhangers in the series (not even one volume, part of it is occupied by BW). But it surely is enough time to just give her one last appearance before the chapter ends where she does something crazy like blow up the place or use her psychic abilities to put everyone around her in a trance and take off with Arceus, thus leaving another cliffhanger like in FRLG (hey, both remake chapters end in cliffhangers!) and have it resolved in somewhere like the PWT in BW2. The reason I really want Sird to at least make a physical appearance in HGSS is because she has to end at SOME point. Her appearance in DP, despite not contributing to the current plot at the time, did clear up some plotholes from the past and it was foreshadowed in a previous chapter. Right now, there are no plotholes that relate to Sird and a future appearance was not foreshadowed. An appearance in BW2 is extremely unlikely, if not impossible, because Sird has no place in the plot. It will be about neo-Team Plasma and Ghetsis's crazy plan to freeze over Unova, which Sird has no place in. Even if Kusaka can somehow conveniently fit Sird somewhere in Generation VI or a future generation, it will still be completely random due to the lack of foreshadowing and honest reasons. Kusaka really should focus on the current event going on in the XY chapter or whatever, he really shouldn't justify Sird's appearance due to not having finished her off earlier. And to top it off, there wasn't even a mention or hint of Sird since Platinum which adds more to how random a future appearance is going to be. At least if one appearance of Sird happens in HGSS (like I said, it just has to be an appearance, it doesn't have to be her defeat) then it would help actually lead to a future appearance. If not even a passing mention of Sird happens in HGSS, then the opportunity of a foreshadowing is over. We saw her run from Riley in DP and we saw a silhouette of her in Platinum but that's it. There are no hints of a future appearance and as the generations and chapters move on, the less reason for her to appear (Team Rocket would be done after HGSS and Galactic was over since Platinum). Since all chapters are based on games, all future chapters will most likely center on the villainous team of that generation the chapter is based on. There are no hints that Sird is related to any team and I think I speak for everyone here that if Sird is connected to another ****ing team, I will scream. Maybe if Kusaka is planning an original chapter (like one that concludes the story of Special or one that ends the events of the current Dexholders since they would be too old to be the same if they appeared in a future generation) then a Sird appearance would be convenient (actually, since Sird has either directly or indirectly affected all Dexholders from the Kanto ones to Sinnoh, that would be very convenient) but other than that I can't imagine a place for her to appear. And like I said so many times, there is no other place to give a mention of Sird to hint at a future appearance than in HGSS.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast