Thread: laptop touchpad's left-click not working

Default laptop touchpad's left-click not working

so while i was changing the names tonight my left-click button on my touchpad was being weird and then stopped working. it doesn't work if you click the button or if you tap the touchpad itself.

the right click works and i can move the cursor with it. i also found a wired mouse and tried that and that works fine so i'm using that for now. i tried enabling and disabling the touchpad, restarting my computer, uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers... nothing works.

i'm using windows 7 on a sony vaio if it makes a difference. please help me

be sure to read the rules of every section before posting ;)

Little Miss Stalinist/Secret Al-Qaeda agents (i.e. Ellie) would be a ***** even if she was a conserative republican. What makes her the way she is happens to be the fact that the webmaster of this site let's her behave like this. (Of course, I would never make a liberal a staff member at any forum I'd be in charge of, regardless.)

It might be a problem with the left-click button part of the laptop's motherboard. If so, you should send it into Sony or whoever.
    On #spp and #spp-wifi as: Revan, Aegislash
    FC: 2621-2733-0166
    IGN: Lautrec

It might be a problem with the touchpad cable or the touchpad itself. If it is, I suggest you send it to Sony to get it repaired.

Banner made by Kelz-Designs on deviantART

I never knew my father...

Spoiler:

Firetruck this guy. I hope he gets banned for good.

yeah, i talked to the tech counter where i work and they said it sounded like an internal problem too. im pretty sure my warranty is up so i really dont want to but it looks like i might have to at this point :/

be sure to read the rules of every section before posting ;)

Little Miss Stalinist/Secret Al-Qaeda agents (i.e. Ellie) would be a ***** even if she was a conserative republican. What makes her the way she is happens to be the fact that the webmaster of this site let's her behave like this. (Of course, I would never make a liberal a staff member at any forum I'd be in charge of, regardless.)

Ye sure that yer touchpad thing isn't locked? :/ Common problem. If it isn't, did ye try to fix it in the settings? Ye know... the double click thingy.

If none of those work... I saw this in Google, it might work, nya~:
    İ shuted down my lap top, removed battery for a moment, i presse and hold the start button for 10 seconds... and replaced the battery.. start the lap top.. My touchpad is working again!!! so if your touchpad has stoped working the first thing you have to do is.. doing the same thing i done..
    Last edited by PopPrincess_Lyra; 3rd December 2012 at 2:07 AM.