Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Christmas Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    I wish I was still at the age where I could ask my parents for things.
    Anymore my parents just straight up ask me what I want, which I find weird. I only get one or two things a year, but I don't expect a massive pile of things. I don't need anything and my parents are already being generous enough to help pay my rent so..

Adult Christmas just isn't very magical. But since I live far away the holidays are more about seeing my family than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    I meant "New" my bad.

Plus it's the game I claimed so why not?
    Ohhh.. in that case, I would want to get it, too. o:

But yeah, there's nothing with collecting old games, you know. (:

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

Got the tree up... already the cat's knocked off and broken some onaments...

Quote Originally Posted by WildHennaCharizard View Post
    Got the tree up... already the cat's knocked off and broken some onaments...
    That's why you either get a small Christmas tree that you can put up on the counter, or you keep your cat away from the tree as much as you can. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Spookz View Post
    Adult Christmas just isn't very magical. But since I live far away the holidays are more about seeing my family than anything else.
    Yeah, I'm finding Christmas less and less exciting nod that I'm getting older... and I'm still only twelve!

I wish I could visit my relatives at Christmas, though. Half of my relatives live in Korea, and the other half (though I'm not very close to them anyway) live in America, so... yeah... ;~;

I have a weird urge to tell you guys that rumors would say that Santa would use to tie the 'naughty' kids up in a bag and throw them in a river to let them drown... Well, at least that is done with.
    I grow up in a family where we celebrate Christmas, but nobody really cares. It really isn't magical, and the older I get, the less stuff I want to get anyways. Christmas is nice to hang out with family, but to be honest, you can hang out with family any day of the year (usually).

Quote Originally Posted by Azran Flame View Post
    Yeah, I'm finding Christmas less and less exciting nod that I'm getting older... and I'm still only twelve!

I wish I could visit my relatives at Christmas, though. Half of my relatives live in Korea, and the other half (though I'm not very close to them anyway) live in America, so... yeah... ;~;
    As one gets older and older, one feels more and more compelled to give rather than to receive.
    Just look at the difference between children's behavior and adults' behavior during Christmas. Many children receive gifts and don't give gifts, whereas many adults receive significantly less gifts but give more gifts. o:

As for your second point, you should visit America sometime. (:

You wanna know something messed up? My parents threatened to take away my present! What parent makes a threat like that?!? Am I the only one who thinks that is bad? xD

Im making a cake for chirstmas dinner. Im really talented for cooking deserts for some reason
    Shiny Count: 50

Thanks Eeveelover824 for the animated banner!

Thanks Fairywitch for the button!

Quote Originally Posted by The Sandslasher View Post
    You wanna know something messed up? My parents threatened to take away my present! What parent makes a threat like that?!? Am I the only one who thinks that is bad? xD
    In terms of how the world is before and after the confiscation of the present, it's not bad at all.

Morally, though, I'd argue that that's pretty bad. (Unless you've been a bad child all year.)

I feel horrible that I didn't have enough money to buy anything for people I know. Heck, they even gave me funds, and I was still too cheap to buy so much as a T-Shirt that says something like "Rockin' Mom" or something cheesy like that.

Oh, well. When you live in California, there's not much you can do. There's always next year, the season of Birthdays.

Creating sentience is simple. Accepting it, however, is harder than it looks.

Wow. My family's a lot more organised then some of these peeps are. Still, the only flaw with Christmas is the Christmas radio station. (Smooth Xmas, it's like Sodomy, for your ears.) (I'm joking by the way, you can't tell because It's written up, not said, so yeah...)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gliBUW_ejGo
    (This is my commentating vid, if you wouldn't mind, comment, and if you like it, like it, if you don't, don't.)

#fandangorevolution

I'm the Cult of Personality. You would have to follow me, only you can set me free. I sell the things you need to be. I'm the Cult of Personality, I exploit you, still you love me, I tell you 1+1 makes 3.

Boo yah I'm a dog with crabs and cancer? Are you find out in alteredorigin.net.

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    That's why you either get a small Christmas tree that you can put up on the counter, or you keep your cat away from the tree as much as you can. :P
    or get a dog
    I have claimed Empoleon, Funky Kong and Super Mario Sunshine!
    3DS FC- 1762-3779-2632
    I have a Fairy Type Safari with Kirlia, Jigglypuff, and Clefairy!

Quote Originally Posted by Spudnugget1 View Post
    Oh, well. When you live in California, there's not much you can do. There's always next year, the season of Birthdays.
    Yeah... when things are extremely expensive, there's really no point in fretting over what you can't buy, unfortunately. ):

Quote Originally Posted by The Sandslasher View Post
    i think that you're incredibly spoiled and possibly didn't deserve the present in the first place if your parents had to resort to making a threat such as that.

deviantART || myanimelist || tumblr || last.fm || 3DS FC: 4785 - 4516 - 2488

Quote Originally Posted by TheEliteEmpoleon View Post
    or get a dog
    That too, but you can't really control whether or not anybody in your family is allergic to or hates dogs. :/

I got a laptop. Well, that was unexpected.

I feel really guilty now for getting something so expensive ;~;

Quote Originally Posted by Azran Flame View Post
    I got a laptop. Well, that was unexpected.

I feel really guilty now for getting something so expensive ;~;
    Did you get it because you said you wanted one, or did you get it as a surprise gift?

Either way, do you feel guilty to your parents, or do you feel guilty to the people that didn't get as expensive a gift as you did? o:

Quote Originally Posted by Meowth City View Post
    Hmm, that's an interesting observation. I think ths is very true. It was bad enough that my parents don't celebrate Christmas, but they did used to give presents to me and my siblings when we were kids. And now, we're much too old to still be getting gifts apparantly. However, my sister and I still like to do the festive tradition of gifting, so we're the only in the household to give and receive them.
    Yup. It's times like these where you think of Christmas and you sob at how fast you're growing up. ):

All i want for christmas is for Jurachi Musuda to make Ruby/Sapphire remakes.!

THE DANCE OF YOUR LIFE #TEAMVAGETA

Signature edited due to Rule Breaking- check this: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=430446

6th Gen Future Partner^

Quote Originally Posted by tayetayetv1 View Post
    All i want for christmas is for Jurachi Musuda to make Ruby/Sapphire remakes.!
    Masuda probably won't make them this year, but I think you can count on them being made for future Christmases? :P

Well I went to mass and my uncle came over. I'm going to eat and then exchange family presents!
    I have claimed Empoleon, Funky Kong and Super Mario Sunshine!
    3DS FC- 1762-3779-2632
    I have a Fairy Type Safari with Kirlia, Jigglypuff, and Clefairy!

Well i know that! Maybe i should of said for him to announce them. Either Merry Christmas to you!

THE DANCE OF YOUR LIFE #TEAMVAGETA

Signature edited due to Rule Breaking- check this: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=430446

6th Gen Future Partner^

Quote Originally Posted by tayetayetv1 View Post
    Well i know that! Maybe i should of said for him to announce them. Either Merry Christmas to you!
    Well, he can still announce them next year and you'll still be as happy, right? :P

Merry Christmas to you too!

Quote Originally Posted by Zazie View Post
    I don't think there is an age limit for wanting things.

It is more of an ettiquite thing. You only tell people what you want if they ask first. Or if they are dressed in a Santa suit.
    Perhaps. I kinda meant it as more of demand thing though. Like I wish I could actually make out a massive list like some of the kids here and get everything on it. Nowadays my mom would tell me I have a job and could probably buy it myself. I can't complain though, I actually tell her not to buy me anything and save money(in a nice way). Just hanging out for the holidays is good enough. I wouldn't wan't to burden her buy asking for a game console or something, especially since I can go out and buy it myself anytime most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Spookz View Post
    Anymore my parents just straight up ask me what I want, which I find weird. I only get one or two things a year, but I don't expect a massive pile of things. I don't need anything and my parents are already being generous enough to help pay my rent so..

I'm pretty much the same. I use to couldn't sleep on Christmas Eve. But now I'm like...ok turn the damn neon lights off already. It's kinda like my Birthday. I stopped caring after I turned 18. The 21st one was cool I guess but I probably won't celebrate anymore for the rest of my life.

I did buy my mom a few nice shirts and some jewelry. I feels pretty good giving someone something you've bought with your hard earned money.
    Last edited by Jb; 24th December 2012 at 11:18 PM.

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast