Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Christmas Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Perhaps. I kinda meant it as more of demand thing though. Like I wish I could actually make out a massive list like some of the kids here and get everything on it. Nowadays my mom would tell me I have a job and could probably buy it myself. I can't complain though, I actually tell her not to buy me anything and save money(in a nice way). Just hanging out for the holidays is good enough. I wouldn't wan't to burden her buy asking for a game console or something, especially since I can go out and buy it myself anytime most likely.
    This is another case of people getting older and being given gifts less often. But at least you have a job and are able to buy presents for whoever you want, pretty much. Yay for counting blessings, I guess. (:

And besides, one of the reasons to have a job is to reduce the economic stress level of your parents, right? This is going to sound weird, but to ask them to buy a game console for you when you could just go buy one yourself would probably be insulting to them.

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

Christmas Eve: No tree, no presents, no bad sweaters, no spending time with family, no religious observances. This is how I enjoy spending my holidays.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    Christmas Eve: No tree, no presents, no bad sweaters, no spending time with family, no religious observances. This is how I enjoy spending my holidays.
    No bad sweaters? Haha. :P

Do you just not celebrate Christmas, or do you not really care about the usual stuff that happens during any one particular holiday?

I don't care what my friends and the cashier lady think....eating pizza for christmas does not make me depressing, it just means I like pizza.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir DJ View Post
    I don't care what my friends and the cashier lady think....eating pizza for christmas does not make me depressing, it just means I like pizza.
    I personally don't see anything wrong with buying and eating pizza on Christmas. (:

I actually enjoy Xmas more now that I'm older. These days I usually just get money, which suits me fine, cos then I get to choose my own presents. The best thing though is not having to get up early to go to mass. Our family still does the tree decorating thing though, watch carols together and enjoy a nice meal so the Christmas feeling is still there for me.

I had a particularly lazy morning today. I got to sleep in and recieved a box of chocolates which I've been munching on for breakfast! You know, the really nice kind... Gonna have a big lunch soon with the family. The table is already set up along with crackers. I think I saw a bag of lollies there too. Though we've only just put on the roast. And of course theres Xmas cards everywhere. It's gonna get really noisy here soon.

My mother allowed me to open one gift, and I received a book titled "Divergent" by Veronica Roth. Seems interesting, 500 pages, so it's a little short compared to what I usually read, which is just what I need right now.
    Mine is an unchanging love, higher than the heights above, deeper than the depths beneath, free and faithful, strong as death.

William Cowper, "Lovest Thou Me?" Olney Hymns

I choose my words carefully, but they may still hurt someone accidentally...

Marley, Pokemon Diamond and Pearl

And, look you, there is nothing in this thing of learning out of books. Here, here and here (pointing to his ear, his head and his heart) is your school. If everything is right there, then take your pen and down with it; afterward ask the opinion of a man who knows his business.

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Images removed for making the signature too tall.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonrox View Post
    My mother allowed me to open one gift, and I received a book titled "Divergent" by Veronica Roth. Seems interesting, 500 pages, so it's a little short compared to what I usually read, which is just what I need right now.
    Five hundred pages...? Wow. o:

But then again, five hundred pages is only long for me if I'm really not interested in the book. But if it's interesting, then I'd say that's a pretty good gift. (:

Merry Christmas to all of you here! Well, it's already Christmas morning here but I have to admit that this year's Christmas is rather simple really but admittedly, really nice. It's a great time really, spending it with the family and all. Did an all nighter last night for Christmas eve though.

Anyways, I'll be opening my presents later and be attending a Christmas party in the evening with other family and friends. Now I don't know exactly what to do for the next days of Christmas though. hehe. Once again, Merry Christmas to you!

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    Five hundred pages...? Wow. o:

But then again, five hundred pages is only long for me if I'm really not interested in the book. But if it's interesting, then I'd say that's a pretty good gift. (:
    Won't brag, but I usually read books with well over 1000 pages. Not because they have that many pages, more because I'd rather stay commited to one book than to keep switching from book to book. Like I've told you, I'm an unusual person.
    Mine is an unchanging love, higher than the heights above, deeper than the depths beneath, free and faithful, strong as death.

And, look you, there is nothing in this thing of learning out of books. Here, here and here (pointing to his ear, his head and his heart) is your school. If everything is right there, then take your pen and down with it; afterward ask the opinion of a man who knows his business.

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Well, we finally got our presents from my grandparents (mother's side) today. I almost thought they were not sending any this year (they always do, so I was worried).
    Four Shinies now! Zara (Audino, female) (10/24/12), Kiki (Ledian, female) (10/16/13), Ivy (Carnivine, female) (10/31/13), Hoshi (Relicanth, male) (11/16/13)
    Friend Safari: Rock (Dwebble, Onix, and Shuckle)
    3DS FC: 2380-2837-4651 Name: Hy6507
    I have officially claimed Chespin!
    Current hunt: Chespin (MM) 200 eggs!

Won't brag, but I usually read books with well over 1000 pages. Not because they have that many pages, more because I'd rather stay commited to one book than to keep switching from book to book. Like I've told you, I'm an unusual person.
    Same here, the last one I read only had 800 though XD
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

I wish I could write a 1000-page book. o:

...I'm working on it!

My book is great so far, but pages 22 to 55 are missing. My mother got it from Chapters, an official bookstore, and it's missing pages. T_T

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

My book is great so far, but pages 22 to 55 are missing. My mother got it from Chapters, an official bookstore, and it's missing pages. T_T
    Are the pages torn out, or does the book look like it's in perfectly fine condition? o:

Are the pages torn out, or does the book look like it's in perfectly fine condition? o:
    Perfectly fine, looks brand new. Just going to read them online. Still an annoyance, but at least there's a solution.

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Perfectly fine, looks brand new. Just going to read them online. Still an annoyance, but at least there's a solution.
    So, for example, you're on page 31, and you flip the page over as if you're going to page 32, but you're on page 66 instead?

That's probably intentional for some reason, then. Are you sure it's not a preview book in physical book form?

Well, my family let my 5 year old cousin open up some, I opened up 2 early.

So far, I got a cooling pad for my laptop, and Emma by Jane Austen.

キバゴ

Everybody's getting novels for Christmas, encouraging the current generation to read. o:

At this rate, everybody's going to get at least one book for Christmas.

I would want a book for Christmas.

But i'm still only halfway through The Lord of the Rings. :3

Quote Originally Posted by NintendoCoke View Post
    I would want a book for Christmas.

But i'm still only halfway through The Lord of the Rings. :3
    I wouldn't want too many books for Christmas. I'd just feel unmotivated to finish the entire pile of books. o:

I'd just like to say what I got for Christmas.

Pokemon Black 2
    Pokemon Movie 14: Both Versions.
    Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask
    Scribblenauts Unlimited (for 3DS)
    Paper Mario Sticker Star
    Call of Duty: Black Ops 2

Bonnie: Hey, Clauncher, could you do me a favour and marry my brother?
    Clauncher: What? I can understand the old man's senility, but this is just annoying.

Bonnie: Come on, Dedenne! I want that Gym Badge!
    Clauncher: If only this wasn't a kids show.
    3DS FC: 1891 1376 6990. Add me. Wii U Nintendo Network ID: Playerking.

Do you just not celebrate Christmas, or do you not really care about the usual stuff that happens during any one particular holiday?
    My family doesn't celebrate Christmas. At least not in the past few years anyway.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    My family doesn't celebrate Christmas. At least not in the past few years anyway.
    Ah, okay. That makes sense, then. Although if you guys don't celebrate Christmas, it's not really considered a holiday for you in the first place.

Well im camping next to the tree (at least for now)
    Shiny Count: 50

Thanks Eeveelover824 for the animated banner!

Thanks Fairywitch for the button!

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast