Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Christmas Thread

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicPsycho View Post
    We got our tree decorated today, finally. My little niece was there, and was really exciting about looking at everything (i.e., taking it out of the box and putting it on the floor or tree). We let her hang up some non-fragile ornaments near the bottom of the tree, although she put up 7 or 8 on a couple close branches, so we had to spread those out. When it came time to hang up some breakable stuff, I tried to help her by holding her up higher. She hung up the first, then the next one she grabbed she smashed in her hands. Fortunately she wasn't hurt badly, but she did get a small cut on her thumb. After that I just had her sit and tell me were I should put things.
    Ooh, that reminds me. I'm going to my cousin's house tomorrow night to decorate her Christmas tree. (:

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

Christmas....meh. I haven't enjoyed Christmas properly for about 3-4 years. Mostly because I work in retail and it's bloody awful. I mean I've been in retail for 7 years, but for most of it I was still in education so it was acceptable, but since leaving Uni I've not been able to find another job so Christmas is not fun for me.

Although having said that it is more the run up to Christmas I hate rather than the actual day. Should be looking forward to a new xbox game, probably Lego Lord of the Rings. To be honest it will be mostly generic presents. DVDs, games, CDs, books, etc. I just look forward to the eating and drinking

Oh and I enjoy seeing my adorable 3 year old niece. Luckily for me my sister is a pokemon fan as well and has already got my niece into it. granted she can't play properly but it's always fun hearing her say she wants to play pokemon.

My shiny pokemon: as well as shiny Snivy I got from some randomer japanese guy over the GTS
    Y Friend Code 2793-1497-1708
    Friend Safari: Poison, Gloom, Muk and Garbodor!

Play Ocarina Of Time. Get to Ganon. Replace Ganon with Emboar and tell me he doesn't fit right in? The truth is out, Ganon has escaped, and is now in the form of a Pokemon!!!

Spoiler:- Credits:

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Swampert View Post
    Christmas....meh. I haven't enjoyed Christmas properly for about 3-4 years. Mostly because I work in retail and it's bloody awful. I mean I've been in retail for 7 years, but for most of it I was still in education so it was acceptable, but since leaving Uni I've not been able to find another job so Christmas is not fun for me.
    You have to take that day off or something so you can properly celebrate Christmas again as though you were still younger! Of course, saying that is much, much easier than actually doing that.

Still, knowing that you make other people happy with your job must make you happy, right?

I'm expecting clothes -_-'
    IGN: Carlos
    FC: 0903-2783-6541

[CENTER]SIGNATURE SOON...[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by ludiloco View Post
    I'm expecting clothes -_-'
    Do people that usually give you gifts usually give you clothes? D:

Oh and I enjoy seeing my adorable 3 year old niece. Luckily for me my sister is a pokemon fan as well and has already got my niece into it. granted she can't play properly but it's always fun hearing her say she wants to play pokemon.
    lol. My niece is 2.5. She doesn't know what 'pokemon' is, but she likes me to show her the 'animals' on my game. I'll ask her 'what's that?' and she'll say 'dog', or 'kitty', or 'bird', etc. She's decent at identifying what they look like, but one time she called Lucario a dragon, which made me laugh.
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

Pretendeavors (Goals I have that don't really mean anything) Updated 10-04-13

Voltorb Flip, Level 8 Victories: 16
    White Geonet: All countries completed!!! (130), 505 Trade Locations (of 513)
    The Last Ten: Locations
    Arunachel Pradesh, India * Dadra & Nager Hall, India * Formosa, Argentina ()
    Henan, China * Himachal Pradesh, India * Lakshadweep, India
    Lubusz, Poland * Madhya Pradesh, India * Shaanxi, China () * Sikkim, India

Pokeathlon Pokedex: 493/493- COMPLETED!!! (01-05-13)

lol. My niece is 2.5. She doesn't know what 'pokemon' is, but she likes me to show her the 'animals' on my game. I'll ask her 'what's that?' and she'll say 'dog', or 'kitty', or 'bird', etc. She's decent at identifying what they look like, but one time she called Lucario a dragon, which made me laugh.
    Lucario doesn't really look like any animal at immediate first glance, though. Yeah, it's a dog if you stare at it for like two more seconds, but your 2.5-year-old niece wouldn't be able to differentiate the features of a dog on a Lucario fast enough anyway.

Having said that, at least your niece identified that it was a "weird creature" as dragons also are. (:

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    You have to take that day off or something so you can properly celebrate Christmas again as though you were still younger! Of course, saying that is much, much easier than actually doing that.

Still, knowing that you make other people happy with your job must make you happy, right?
    Well yeah we get Christmas Day and Boxing day off, so it's not too bad in that respect. It's just that it's stupidly busy all the time.

As for making people happy....not really. I hate customers, and working in retail has unfortunately made me hate most of human kind and also made me quite cynical. I would only enjoy helping people within my job if it was a totally different job within the field of work I want to be in....but if I got into that it would be totally off topic so I'll leave that for now.

My shiny pokemon: as well as shiny Snivy I got from some randomer japanese guy over the GTS

Play Ocarina Of Time. Get to Ganon. Replace Ganon with Emboar and tell me he doesn't fit right in? The truth is out, Ganon has escaped, and is now in the form of a Pokemon!!!

As for making people happy....not really. I hate customers, and working in retail has unfortunately made me hate most of human kind and also made me quite cynical. I would only enjoy helping people within my job if it was a totally different job within the field of work I want to be in....but if I got into that it would be totally off topic so I'll leave that for now.
    Right... I could understand how needing to be around so many customers everyday would make you hate them, especially if you get asked a lot of pointless questions. :/

I have a feeling Christmas isn't going to be as fun as it used to be for me... Guess that happens when you're 16. On the positive side I'm going to have a little Christmas party with my class at school, our teacher asked some students to bring food in and I'm one of them. I'm bringing in banana bread.

I was looking through a Pokemon book and my seven year old brother asked why Thundurus wore a bra... My little sister also asked why Darkrai wore a skirt...

Name: Specter
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

My signature is so empty now.

aye, lets put it this way, once I get out of retail I'll probably like people and Christmas a whole lot more. Didn't go university to work in retail....

Any way back on topic, this is the first year I won't be having Christmas dinner at home. Instead we're going to our local pub for their Christmas menu. Ł50 a person though, so it better be worth it!

aye, lets put it this way, once I get out of retail I'll probably like people and Christmas a whole lot more. Didn't go university to work in retail....

Any way back on topic, this is the first year I won't be having Christmas dinner at home. Instead we're going to our local pub for their Christmas menu. Ł50 a person though, so it better be worth it!
    So you don't really hate customers because they're annoying, but rather you hate them because you don't want to be working with them in the first place. I guess I can see where you're coming from.

To be fair, I never have Christmas dinner at my house, since it's so small. I either have it at one of my cousins' bigger houses, or at a restaurant. Wherever my entire family can gather together and be happy, pretty much. (:

Had to sneak out of the house to go Christmas shopping without anyone noticing. Walmart shouldn't be that far from my house. The real pain was bringing the presents inside as my grandma is staying in my room. They presents are in the attic by the way. At 19, I feel like I'm getting too old for the sneaking out thing hehe..
    Currently going through the 5 main regions.
    Quote Originally Posted by SazandoraIsAwesome View Post
    -ARE SKYLA, ELESA, and CYNTHIA STILL YOUNG AND SEXY??!

Quote Originally Posted by gpdlt View Post
    Had to sneak out of the house to go Christmas shopping without anyone noticing. Walmart shouldn't be that far from my house. The real pain was bringing the presents inside as my grandma is staying in my room. They presents are in the attic by the way. At 19, I feel like I'm getting too old for the sneaking out thing hehe..
    Wait, whoever lives in the house with you doesn't allow you to go out to buy Christmas presents for others?

That's rather cruel of them, not because you're old enough, but because they're preventing you from spreading the joy of the people who would otherwise receive presents from you!

Wait, whoever lives in the house with you doesn't allow you to go out to buy Christmas presents for others?

That's rather cruel of them, not because you're old enough, but because they're preventing you from spreading the joy of the people who would otherwise receive presents from you!
    Reading the quote, my first thought was (s)he was buying presents for those who live in the house and didn't want them to know what they were getting? ^.^;

I'm sooo close to being done my shopping I just want it to be done already e_e I have no time to finish ahh.

Quote Originally Posted by dinosaurus View Post
    Reading the quote, my first thought was (s)he was buying presents for those who live in the house and didn't want them to know what they were getting? ^.^;
    I guess that makes sense. But then wouldn't they just let whoever was buying presents to keep the presents a secret until the day that presents are given out?

I'm hoping to get some shopping done tomorrow, but I not sure how it will go. I'd likely be going with my stepdad to wherever he's going, which might suck for me.
    Lucario doesn't really look like any animal at immediate first glance, though. Yeah, it's a dog if you stare at it for like two more seconds, but your 2.5-year-old niece wouldn't be able to differentiate the features of a dog on a Lucario fast enough anyway.

Having said that, at least your niece identified that it was a "weird creature" as dragons also are. (:
    Well, she's right sometimes and wrong others, and looking at the same pokemon on different days might exhibit a different response. She's said the wrong thing for other pokemon, Lucario was just one I happened to remember. Another one I thought was interesting was, as I was scrolling through a box, I came across a Klink. Not an animal, so I continued on, but she told me to go back to it. She then pointed at it and said 'wheels', which I didn't expect.

I didn't think about a dragon equating to a weird creature, though. Sometimes she'll call lots of things dragons, and I'll wonder why, but maybe it's that.
    Quote Originally Posted by NightmareHybrid View Post
    I was looking through a Pokemon book and my seven year old brother asked why Thundurus wore a bra..
    Huh? ... lol, the Therian form does kind of look like that.
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

Pretendeavors (Goals I have that don't really mean anything) Updated 10-04-13

Voltorb Flip, Level 8 Victories: 16
    White Geonet: All countries completed!!! (130), 505 Trade Locations (of 513)
    The Last Ten: Locations
    Arunachel Pradesh, India * Dadra & Nager Hall, India * Formosa, Argentina ()
    Henan, China * Himachal Pradesh, India * Lakshadweep, India
    Lubusz, Poland * Madhya Pradesh, India * Shaanxi, China () * Sikkim, India

Pokeathlon Pokedex: 493/493- COMPLETED!!! (01-05-13)

No no lol. I just don't want any of them to know that I bought them presents!
    Currently going through the 5 main regions.
    Quote Originally Posted by SazandoraIsAwesome View Post
    -ARE SKYLA, ELESA, and CYNTHIA STILL YOUNG AND SEXY??!

Quote Originally Posted by gpdlt View Post
    No no lol. I just don't want any of them to know that I bought them presents!
    That's why you use your superpowers, become a ninja for five minutes, and sneak into the house at 70 miles per hour so that nobody sees you, silly!

Wait... there's an oxymoron in there...

I like to get an Ipad or Skylanders Giants.

I'm excited. This year, my friends and I are doing secret Santa with one another, and I'm pretty whoever gets me will get me some kind of Pokemon toy. It was kind of hard because we had to put a $10 cap on the gifts, but i decided to buy my a person a sombrero and The Lizzie McGuire movie wrapped in an America flag bandanna. Hopefully, she will think it's funny.

I unfortunately ordered my Dad's present too late, and it's not going to get to my house until after Christmas. Hopefully it's the thought that counts.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.

Me and my family are going to Disneyland tomorrow morning, so I guess that counts as my xmas present But apart from that, in my list I asked for:

Assassin's Creed 3
    Football Manager
    Columns for my iTouch
    HIMYM books :P
    A Real Madrid shirt
    And cool clothes :P

Now I know I'll only get like 3 out of these, which I hope are the first 3

Anyways, I won't be here on Christmas so Merry Christmas for everyone

I want:

Everything on my Steam Wishlist

Valve Complete Pack

Not much else, expect maybe The Lord of the Rings Trilogy Extended Edition on Blu-Ray.

Ah...Christmas is 3 days away (Here in Connecticut). Can't wait...

Quote Originally Posted by Ghirahim
    You have awoken an anguish that will burn for eons...

Well, happy holidays to everyone. I can't wait to see what I got.

I'm also going to help cook for the Dinner.

My humanity will corrode away... Until I'm just a monster...

Credit to EG for Banner.

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast