Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Should they bring Porygon in to the anime now?

Default Should they bring Porygon in to the anime now?

The seizure incident happened some years ago now, surely they can allow porygon back in to the anime. They have changed their animating techniques, they were forced to.
    So, I herd u liek mudkipz

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    I have seen the episode, I didn't have a seizure I was just saying it did happen over 10 years ago now, they should allow Porygon to join the anime again

TBh the issue with Porygon is how they would use it. I mean it is a computer Pokemon so its not all that simple. With that said didn't Porygon appear in the Marorak episode with one trainer?

Unfortunately, even though Porygon wasn't at fault for the seizures, the episode is still remembered by parents as "the Porygon episode". True its been over a decade, so I think they could get by if they simply let Porygon get an episode cameo (like they did with a few movie intros), then let a trainer battle with it, then finally give it a central plot role. In a way, they could "wean the audience (or at least parents)" into accepting Porygon again. If Pokemon lasts long enough then it could happen eventually.
    I am the current leader of Save Our Voice Actors, a Pokemon fan group supporting the voice actors in the anime dubbed by 4Kids (seasons 1-8). Our goal is to provide The Pokemon Company international with encouraging feedback in support of returning the main cast members. If you're interested, please visit us at facebook.com/saveourvoiceactors

I should hope so.

{the rest, I haven't decided on yet or trained far enough.}

There's no reason not to. I mean, it's been well over a decade already, if they aren't going to do it now then when?

Maybe have Ash face off against a trainer using a Porygon in the last episode or something?

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

They should never have stopped it appearing in the first place.

Porygon, Porygon2 and Porygon-Z could've all been well showcased with someone like Conway, but they missed out there because they're too stupid to realise that a problem which PIKACHU caused 10 years ago is not going to cause any damage now just by showing the Pokemon. It's like helloooo, it IS possible to show a Pokemon without flashing a bunch of neon lights when it gets hit by an attack!

They should've just kept the episode banned, not the species.. idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraMaster View Post
    TBh the issue with Porygon is how they would use it. I mean it is a computer Pokemon so its not all that simple. With that said didn't Porygon appear in the Marorak episode with one trainer?
    Nope, Porygon, Porygon 2 and Porygon-Z haven't appeared in an episode since "Electric Soldier Porygon"

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    They should never have stopped it appearing in the first place.

Porygon, Porygon2 and Porygon-Z could've all been well showcased with someone like Conway, but they missed out there because they're too stupid to realise that a problem which PIKACHU caused 10 years ago is not going to cause any damage now just by showing the Pokemon. It's like helloooo, it IS possible to show a Pokemon without flashing a bunch of neon lights when it gets hit by an attack!

They should've just kept the episode banned, not the species.. idiots.
    I agree
    Last edited by Sushi; 3rd November 2012 at 2:15 AM.

I don't see why not. But that's part of their culture to not bring to light their own dishonorable mistakes. If the anime somehow continues on for another generation maybe they would put Porygon in its own episode, but I can't see it happening again, sadly. Though it makes you wonder whose bright idea it was to have rapidly-flashing red and blue lights as part of the explosion. They should've caught that when they previewed the episode before airing it.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

Quote Originally Posted by Mightyena97 View Post
    Nope, Porygon, Porygon 2 and Porygon-Z haven't appeared in an episode since "Electric Soldier Porygon"
    Except for that minor movie cameo where it was locked up behind a fence, looking sorry for itself..

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    I don't see why not. But that's part of their culture to not bring to light their own dishonorable mistakes. If the anime somehow continues on for another generation maybe they would put Porygon in its own episode, but I can't see it happening again, sadly. Though it makes you wonder whose bright idea it was to have rapidly-flashing red and blue lights as part of the explosion. They should've caught that when they previewed the episode before airing it.
    That makes a point, surely the developers of the anime would have seen an incident occuring when the rapid flashing started.

Except for that minor movie cameo where it was locked up behind a fence, looking sorry for itself..
    Which movie was this?

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    That does make sense, the developers could have seen an incident occuring when there was rapid red and blue flashes Apparently 4Kids had dubbed Electric Soldier Porygon and reduced the flashing speed, but it was never aired due to the ban placed by the Japanese Government and that Pokémon was in hiatus.
    Last edited by Sushi; 3rd November 2012 at 2:14 AM.

Dude your multiple posting is out of control. There's an edit button to keep it neat and un-cluttered.

Also I believe it was one of the Johto movies, possibly the Latias/Latios one.. then it was in the Chansey Operation episode.

They should, but they're too wussy.

Dude your multiple posting is out of control. There's an edit button to keep it neat and un-cluttered.

Also I believe it was one of the Johto movies, possibly the Latias/Latios one.. then it was in the Chansey Operation episode.
    Sorry about overposting, internet stopped responding and went out of control, sorry again I will have to see that movie, is it by any chance Pokémon Heroes?

Quote Originally Posted by Thing View Post
    They should, but they're too wussy.
    lol very true

Porygon should have never been taken out of the show in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by sereb devil View Post
    Porygon should have never been taken out of the show in the first place.
    This is true, I say it wasn't any of the pokémon's fault technically as it was caused by the animators and the speed that the flashes were at. To take out Porygon was in a way extreme and was unfair, they should have instead, gone over their animating technique and dimmed lighting down and slowed down flashing.

This is true, I say it wasn't any of the pokémon's fault technically as it was caused by the animators and the speed that the flashes were at. To take out Porygon was in a way extreme and was unfair, they should have instead, gone over their animating technique and dimmed lighting down and slowed down flashing.
    I agree with you.

I think they should. Sure the seizure incident was horrible but banning Porygon from the anime because it was featured during that episode is just stupid.

Yes! I so want to see Porygon-Z in the anime.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post
    Yes! I so want to see Porygon-Z in the anime.
    I can imagined it now. Ash is at home on the computer looking at a movie his mom would not want ti see. Then just as the best part shows io his computer crashed from a porygonz.

RANK UP!!!

That is true, the animation is by far more advanced now, and they could probably pull it off without hurting anybody, especially with the saying on the screen on Japanese, "Don not watch too close to the screen and in a poorly-lit room" or something similar. In my opinion, though, I think that putting Porygon back into the plotline by the time animation improved enough was too difficult. Besides, children might find it hard to think about, a Pokemon that travels through cyberspace. I think they should get the original Pokemon episode, reanimate it, with the same characters and plot, then air it as a "special redo" or something.

Spoiler:- Some Things:

Sorry about overposting, internet stopped responding and went out of control, sorry again I will have to see that movie, is it by any chance Pokémon Heroes?
    Yes I think that's the one. Like I say it just appeared hovering behind a fence in the "World of Pokemon" segment right at the start. But the Chansey Operation episode was literally only about 8 or 9 episodes after the Electric Soldier Porygon one and the Pokemon was literally shown for about 3 seconds in a fantasy scene.

At this late, unless the line gets a new evolution or some other prominent focus in a new game, it's pretty much too late to feature them. And really, what are you getting out of it? Culturally, Japan tends to be a lot more touchy about dredging up things relating to bad events like the seizure incident. Ignoring that just so you can have a few weird critters out of 600+ of them show up in a children's cartoon just really doesn't seem worth it.

98% of the teenage population has died smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
    Good old natural selection...

They should definitely be showcased again. The Porygon line had no fault in the seizures.

Random : PokéRadar

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast