Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Should they bring Porygon in to the anime now?

Wait how would a Data pokemon appear in the real world? Unless they found a way to manifest it in the real world XD

Yes, they should be seen in the anime, their awesome.

~ | Latest shiny: Alpha Sapphire| ~

~ | Friendscode X & Y: 3196-4085-3103 | ~

~ | Living Pokédex: 719/721 | ~

Yep. They need at least one episode and maybe more if one gets captured

No because apparently if they do, they will have bad luck for the rest of their lives, more seizures and the world will blow up. Also, everyone will die.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraMaster View Post
    Wait how would a Data pokemon appear in the real world? Unless they found a way to manifest it in the real world XD
    It would be downloaded from a computer, straight into a Pokeball without any further explanation, by some form of scientist or general geek.
    OR Playthrough - Route 118

This won't change often.. I play through the games slowly..

Via Computer download, maybe a plot of where a poké ball goes through the pc transfer system and Team rocket replaces this with a porygon, causing trouble as usual
    So, I herd u liek mudkipz

Quote Originally Posted by Zoruagible View Post
    Yep. They need at least one episode and maybe more if one gets captured
    Ash could be in a battle, in a pokemon league, with only Pikachu left and could lose to a guy using Porygon.

Yes! That was really not porygon's fault anyway. Pikachu was the one that caused the seizure as he destroyed the missile, and no one banned him! At least, add Porygon 2 and Z to the anime, that would be cool.

Best way to conlcude the series

Pikachu vs Porygon family. The two clash in a fireworks display so spectacular it sends half the population of Japan to the ER for seizures. Then GF gets sued for billions and goes bankrupt.

Porygon-Z is one of my favorite pokemon and it hasn't even have a brief cameo, even if it only shows for a few seconds in total I would still like to see it get at least some screen time.

.: 3DS FC: 0490-5034-9209 :.
    .: DeviantART :: Graphics Thread :: Art Thread :: Art Shop :.

It was in the intro to Pokemon 4Ever.
    For some reason it was floating in the air. XD
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your sig if you are too.†

Quote Originally Posted by pacman000 View Post
    It was in the intro to Pokemon 4Ever.
    For some reason it was floating in the air. XD
    This is what I mean, Porygon and Porygon-2 have both have SOME screen time, Porygon-Z has never have any screen time.

.: 3DS FC: 0490-5034-9209 :.
    .: DeviantART :: Graphics Thread :: Art Thread :: Art Shop :.

I don't know, but they have, even in Electric Soldier Porygon.

If pokemon can be broken down into data to be sent over the internet, then a data pokemon could exist in the real world.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your sig if you are too.†

Speaking of the lost Porygon episode, anyone try watching it on Youtube? I'm too scared to watch it. LOL

It's possible the anime people are just hoping for the game creators to create another "VR Pokemon" for them to use instead.

Quote Originally Posted by lanmanna View Post
    Speaking of the lost Porygon episode, anyone try watching it on Youtube? I'm too scared to watch it. LOL
    Just search for the episode on the internet and you will find many websites which have this episode. You should be safe with a computer screen anyway
    So, I herd u liek mudkipz

Quote Originally Posted by lanmanna View Post
    Then don't watch it. Most of the time, people don't know if they have epilepsy until they actually get it, unless they actually have a family history of epilepsy. You should check with your parents if such a history exists. Or if you want to test it yourself, play some video games, especially in a dimly-lit room. Your eyes may hurt after a while, but if you survive the experience, you can watch the Porygon episode (or you could, I don't know, close your eyes when the explosions start happening).

I haven't watched it yet myself, but I think I might have issues, especially with my hypersensitivity to light. Our police cars have these really sharp, probing lights on them (which has to be the dumbest decision ever made, someone's going to get a seizure from it), and last week, when we passed one at night, my eyes hurt like heck. For the rest of the night, I got a splitting headache to the point I was starting to get physically ill until I fell asleep. Of course, that was a prolonged exposure of like several seconds or something (used the stupid roundabout). I don't know how long the explosions last on the episode, but I imagine it's only for a few seconds. Of course, I also watched a walk-through of the hacked ROM of Pokémon Gray, and they actually included Electric Soldier Porygon, and though my eyes hurt a bit, it wasn't bad like I thought it would be.

So it just depends.

Quote Originally Posted by Mightyena97 View Post
    Just search for the episode on the internet and you will find many websites which have this episode. You should be safe with a computer screen anyway
    I don't think computer screens make any less difference than a television screen, as both computers and televisions use the RGB color model.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

^The differences come from the frame rate. Japanese TV is shown at around 50hrtz; computer monitors show things at 60hrtz. I saw the scene once on YouTube; you could see the scan lines in the explosions. (I'm going by memory; forgive me if I'm wrong about TV/Computer monitor differences.)

Quote Originally Posted by pacman000 View Post
    ^The differences come from the frame rate. Japanese TV is shown at around 50hrtz; computer monitors show things at 60hrtz. I saw the scene once on YouTube; you could see the scan lines in the explosions. (I'm going by memory; forgive me if I'm wrong about TV/Computer monitor differences.)
    So would that make it more dangerous to see it on the computer, then (even with the scan lines)?
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

Why not? It was over 10 years ago and it wasn't even porygons fault. It should have been pikachu/ the missiles fault, but i guess you can't blame pikachu, he's the mascot. Back on topic... Porygon is awesome and so are it's evos, bring it back, why should lame pokemon get the limelight when everyones favourite computer program is thrown into the recycle bin. justice must be done!!!!

Always watching. Always waiting. Never truly at peace in a realm of its own.
    Giratina will return....someday.

I think it would be nice to see Porygon in one of the newer episodes. Like Fitzy909 said, it happened over 10 years ago. I doubt people are gonna freakout saying "NO! Turn off the TV! it's that seizure causing pokemon Porygon!"
    Unfortunately, Porygon will probably suffer the same fate as firearms in the anime and will never appear again.
    I'm currently playing through Pokemon Blue Version. I'll hopefully be buying White 2 pretty soon.
    Feel free to send me a PM sometime

Yes its only been in the anime twice now and the evolutuions havent been in one episode yet.
    Shiny Count: 50

Thanks Eeveelover824 for the animated banner!

Thanks Fairywitch for the button!

They should, but they most likely never will. Though technically no fault of its own, Porygon was forever blacklisted by the episode. Plus, we know that Japan is very touchy about things that are related to a national crisis, like earthquakes, tsunamis, and seizure outbreaks.
    Gen1 Pokedex: 151/151
    Gen2 Pokedex: 251/251
    Gen3 Pokedex: 386/386
    Gen4 Pokedex: 493/493
    Gen5 Pokedex: 649/649

I would love for Porygon to come back with its evos in some special.

Like many of you have said it seems rather unfair what they did with Porygon and how to this day he hasn't received like the rest for the pokemon his very own episode per-say I have seen pretty much all
    the banned pokemon episode and honestly a lot of them were ban for stupid reasons only one I am terribly afraid of watching is the Porygon episode considering I have a history of seizure attacks in the past. none the less
    its understandable why they haven't show an episode with it since a lot of parents of the people who got affected by that episode might start complaining.
    Last edited by Tamer Hamlet; 12th November 2012 at 7:29 AM.
    Pokemon Black 2 Team:

(Jormungandr)(Skoll)(Niohoggr)(Sleipnir)(Hel)(Fimbulvetr)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast