Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Should they bring Porygon in to the anime now?

Seeing to it that Porygon wasn't the one responsible for the seizures,and that it can't be blamed for the accident of the past.
    It,IMO,sould be given a second chance.
    I would like like it to star in an episode focused mainly on it,though.

it's been some time Japan,.. i think it is time to forgive and forget... bring Porygon back to the series.

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

They need to move on. I like Porygon-Z, so a special with the whole evolutionary line would be great.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Current Hunt: Cresselia

Here's how it can happen.

Next generation Porgon 2 has a split evolution, a less corrupted version of Porgon Z, and actually sanctioned by "Silph Co."

Then Ash is at home when he sees he received a gift from an old friend (but it doesn't mention by who, which will turn out to be some crazy scientist who watched Ash's league battles), inside is a strange Poke ball (perhaps a great ball or ultra ball, or some other strange ball), Ash goes to 6th gen land and battles a trainer, sends out the Pokémon and it's Porygon.

Cue Ash having a Porygon, and it's his most used Pokémon in 6th generation. That'll really mess with people's minds if they really have a problem with the Pokémon.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

The Porygon incident happened over 15 years ago. All they need to do to bring it back is to just keep it away from Pikachu.

My ideal battle ever!

It was neither Porygon nor Pikachu's fault; the computer's antivirus software launched launched the missiles which caused the flashing explosions. The final big explosion was caused when pikachu zapped the missiles, but it could have happened without him.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your sig if you are too.†

Quote Originally Posted by pacman000 View Post
    It was neither Porygon nor Pikachu's fault; the computer's antivirus software launched launched the missiles which caused the flashing explosions. The final big explosion was caused when pikachu zapped the missiles, but it could have happened without him.
    I know that but if they hadn't had Pikachu be the one that shocked it, then maybe things would have been different. Besides, back in OS, Pikachu's electric shocks were bright but they weren't as blinding as in that episode.

My ideal battle ever!

Porygon-Z!!!!!!
    I just want to see Porygon-z, even if it is just in the background of an opening or something like that Q.Q

.: 3DS FC: 0490-5034-9209 :.
    .: DeviantART :: Graphics Thread :: Art Thread :: Art Shop :.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    Except for that minor movie cameo where it was locked up behind a fence, looking sorry for itself..
    Whoa, that has to be some form of symbolism for Porygon's situation

"Twenty minutes into the episode, there is a scene in which Pikachu stops vaccine missiles with its Thunderbolt attack, resulting in a huge explosion that flashes red and blue lights" (from wikipedia).

It was actually pikachu that caused the seizures. so why did porygon never appear again? They should bring it back, but i doubt they will.

I can't wait another year of this and still not having them reveal this pokemon. It just straight out baffles my mind.

The World God Only knows

I don't see why not but I don't see why they should.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    I know that but if they hadn't had Pikachu be the one that shocked it, then maybe things would have been different. Besides, back in OS, Pikachu's electric shocks were bright but they weren't as blinding as in that episode.
    I'm not sure if you mean before or after the Porygon episode aired, but after the Porygon episode aired, the bright lights for the episodes that aired beforehand were dimmed and/or slowed down in speed, and I'm sure the episodes that were going to air right afterward were too. Originally they were brighter.
    Reminder from August 09, 2010- Name my future Reshiram "Griffin"...

My Current HeartGold Team:

If you want, look at Yu-Gi-Oh! C,Pokiman, and Naruto C, but they haven't exactly been updated recently...

STILL REJECTING PMs. SORRY. (No offense to anyone.)

Yeah, they should bring Porygon in the anime! Besides, it was Pikachu who was the one to launch the seizure causing attack in that episode (EP038), not Porygon.
    Porygon2 and Porygon-Z has never appeared in the anime either...

Banner made by Kelz-Designs on deviantART

I never knew my father...

Spoiler:

Firetruck this guy. I hope he gets banned for good.

It'll be nice to bring the porygon family again.. (been like 16 years already?)
    Pokemon White 2 FC: 4256 1713 3438

Pokemon White 2:
    Shiny:

Pokemon Need for Unova Dex:
    Getting

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post
    Yes! I so want to see Porygon-Z in the anime.
    Same here!

I asked Iwane-san if Porygon and its evolutions wanted revenge for their banishment from the anime on his blog. He responded:

Quote Originally Posted by Iwane-san
    確かにあれ以来、ポリゴンとその進化形はアニメで姿をひそめています……やっぱりこれからも出 ないのかも?
    Roughly translated, I think it means: "Porygon and its evolutions haven't appeared in the anime since...Maybe a future mysterious appearance?"
    Last edited by LDEJRuff; 9th December 2012 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LDEJRuff View Post
    I asked Iwane-san if Porygon and its evolutions wanted revenge for their banishment from the anime on his blog. He responded:

Roughly translated, I think it means: "Porygon and its evolutions haven't appeared in the anime since...Maybe a future mysterious appearance?"
    That just sounds like a vague non-answer to me. Oh well.

98% of the teenage population has died smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
    Good old natural selection...

Yes, but its not a flat out no so that's good.
    I am the current leader of Save Our Voice Actors, a Pokemon fan group supporting the voice actors in the anime dubbed by 4Kids (seasons 1-8). Our goal is to provide The Pokemon Company international with encouraging feedback in support of returning the main cast members. If you're interested, please visit us at facebook.com/saveourvoiceactors

The Japanese as a culture tend to be very reluctant about outright saying "no", though.

98% of the teenage population has died smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
    Good old natural selection...

I still can't believe the Porygon family has not appeared in anime since the seizure event...so yes, I do think they should make an appearance; they should have made an appearance years ago honestly. It's not Porygon's fault that those kids got seizures...

Shiny Pokemon: ♂ Rocky Horror - Hatched 8/19/14 after 600 eggs.
    Friend Safari: Rock with Dwebble, Pupitar and Barbaracle.
    Love Jurassic Park? Love to tell stories or love RPGs? Join Jurassic Park Legacy's Live the Legend RPG now, and become a legend yourself: http://jplegacy.org/ltl/index.php

Didn't they have an episode with Porygon but wasn't it banned?

I really wish Porygon would make an appearance in the anime. They really should.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinncrow View Post
    I still can't believe the Porygon family has not appeared in anime since the seizure event...so yes, I do think they should make an appearance; they should have made an appearance years ago honestly. It's not Porygon's fault that those kids got seizures...
    Technically that's untrue.. As I mentioned before, it was shown as a still shot in a later episode and again in the Pokemon Heroes 'World of Pokemon' segment..

It hasn't made a worthwhile appearance though and Pokemon Heroes was its last appearance overall, that much is true..
    OR Playthrough - Route 118

This won't change often.. I play through the games slowly..

I say bring back Porygon. Maybe have it show up, only for Ash to grumble about a "seizure incident" and leave it at that. See how people react.
    Shinies:

Let's see, since seizure, I don't think Porygon will appear in the anime.

Nothing but basic. You want to know me more? Ask me everything! I am otaku, fujoshi, love yuri too. Self-proclaimed Trip's queen on Pokemon fandom
    Favorite 2014 Anime characters so far : Haruka/Konoha/Kuroha Kokonose, Rin Matsuoka, Clear (DMMD), Haru Ichinose, Ayato Kirishima, Kaine Seiya, Shoyou Hinata, Izumi Sena, Souji Okita (BakuRock!), Yato, Yuu Sonoda, Nico Yazawa

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123