Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Everybody has shiny pokemon. Please explain?

Default Everybody has shiny pokemon. Please explain?

As i look through Serebiis forums and talk to people in my school it seems that everybody has at least 1 shiny or in most cases, multiple. I have been playing pokemon since Ruby was released and never in my life have i ever encountered 1 shiny pokemon. Although i do realize theres the Pokeradar in DPt I see people with full shiny teams on BW and BW2 with Gen V pokemon. How is it done? Everybody claims to have not hacked but frankly its kind of suspicious.

RNG manipulation (Glorious RNG Master Race) or Masuda Method.

There are shiny hunters that know how to find them, but I have a couple that I've just run into on the trainer routes. They're nothing special, just a Geodude and a Sunkern that are in my PC to never be used or battled with. xD

Masuda Method is a great way to get Shiny Pokemon. Though I can assume your REAL problem is you use too many Repels. ;D If you avoid confrontation you're less likely to confront the rare ones too!

Haha although i do use a lot of repels i usually dont pull them out until ive captured all of the pokemon in that area. Still youd think replaying all of my pokemon games 3+ times all the way through would result in at least 1 shiny

If you don't like to breed like crazy you can always count with crappy luck, like me! 8D

With this method, I was gifted enough to catch a shiny Basculin AND a shiny Gastrodon, both pokémon that I hate and that barely change in their shiny forms.

My amazing luck also gave me a shiny Dratini that ran away in Pokémon Crystal.

Yup, I suck when it comes to shiny pokémon. ;_;
    White 2:

There is no guarantee that you will ever encounter a shiny, even using every method out there

If you really want one, though, here's what you should try, in order of difficulty:

- Masuda Method. It's probably the easiest to do if you have access to wi-fi trading. All you have to do is breed two pokemon from different language games and your chance of hatching a shiny will immediately multiply by six (I believe it might be higher in some games?). I've used this method a few times and I can vouch that it works, but of course it takes patience. This is how I got my shiny Trapinch and Cyndaquil.

- RNG manipulation. It's a whole lot of trouble to learn how to do it, but it works. I can't go into detail here. You'll have to look up a guide on how to do it. I personally don't like this method as much because, though it involves a lot of work, it eliminates the factor of probability in catching a shiny.

- Soft resets. This is when you stand in front of an interactable pokemon, like a legendary, and keep resetting until it's shiny. This one involves a whole lot of patience and I personally would never do it.

- Random encounters. Just play the games like you normally do and don't even think about shinies, 'cause it'll make it all the more surprising when you find one. This is how I got my shiny Roselia.

That's pretty much all of them. If you're in fourth gen, then you can use pokeradar as well, and that tends to be pretty effective if you know how to do it.

^ Click this for good times ^

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthydeath View Post
    Haha although i do use a lot of repels i usually dont pull them out until ive captured all of the pokemon in that area. Still youd think replaying all of my pokemon games 3+ times all the way through would result in at least 1 shiny
    I've been playing Pokemon since I was 8 years old. I found my first Random shiny when I was 9, playing Silver. (Krabby) I didn't find another in the wild until I was 13, re-playing Pokemon Emerald out of Boredom. That should give you an Idea of the statistics. I should also mention that I played Pokemon for at least two hours a day, every day in between those shiny Pokemon.

I guess im just extremely unlucky! I have tried the Masuda Method for hours and hours. Also ive tried the Pokeradar with 40 streaks for hours and hours. Ah well.

some people trade online.. GTS you can find some at times..... hacked, ..did thr RNG, mesuda method.. or they just found them like i have.

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

As i look through Serebiis forums and talk to people in my school it seems that everybody has at least 1 shiny or in most cases, multiple. I have been playing pokemon since Ruby was released and never in my life have i ever encountered 1 shiny pokemon. Although i do realize theres the Pokeradar in DPt I see people with full shiny teams on BW and BW2 with Gen V pokemon. How is it done? Everybody claims to have not hacked but frankly its kind of suspicious.
    Dang! And I thought I was the only one who put hundreds of hours into the games and never once encountered a shiny... I know how you feel man... On topic it's safe to say that most people who have multiple shinies have hacked there games.
    DON'T LET OTHERS DEFINE YOU!
    YOU DEFINE YOURSELF!!
    Nintendo Network ID: Marbi-Z
    3DS Friend Code: 4596-9457-8718
    Platinum Team:
    Heartgold Team:
    White Team:
    White 2 Team:
    Alternates:
    I Love LOPUNNY and I Love GARDEVOIR too!
    Wanna battle and/or exchange 3DS Friend Codes?
    PM or VM me!

^ Hacking is definitely a possibility but there's also chaining and just shiny hunting in general that can result in multiple shinies.
    Shiny Kalos Challenge!
    (Obtain all 6th gen shinies)
    66/66 Obtained! Completed!!
    Latest Shiny!
    Obtained 11/16/14
    Total Shinies: 259

Currently Hunting:
    Pokemon X: Ralts. (MM)

Quote Originally Posted by Marbi Z View Post
    On topic it's safe to say that most people who have multiple shinies have hacked their games.
    Not really. I never hack my game yet I have 99 shinies. And in the past there's a member of this forum with more legitimate shinies than me, I recall she has over 120 shinies, and that's way before people start abusing the RNG, I think the last time I saw her here was when people still play 3rd Gen games

I guess im just extremely unlucky! I have tried the Masuda Method for hours and hours.
    Just hours? It took me almost a month before a Shiny Squirtle hatched. That's more than 3000 eggs.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Marbi Z View Post
    On topic it's safe to say that most people who have multiple shinies have hacked there games.
    No it isn't; that's a grievously false assumption. Some people are dedicated Shiny hunters, some are just lucky, and some use RNG manipulation, chaining, or the Masuda method to get multiple Shinies. In no way do "most people" hack their Shinies.
    My 3DS Friend Code:
    3797 - 8023 - 1467
    Friend Safari: Fighting-type

Vivillon Pattern: Modern

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Zoroark View Post
    Listen, you gotta remember these things; always avoid claims of Fennekin being (or becoming) part Fighting-type, don't tick off mods, and NEVER (and I mean NEVER!) suggest that Arceus is the God of Pokemon when Endolise is online. If you somehow make this mistake, run for the hills before he attempts to murder you via tongue lashing.

Nobody mentioned about event shiny pokemon yet.
    X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037
    The Trinity League Poison Apprentice Master League Shadow Stars League Poison Leader
    PokeGyms Fairy Leader

Spoiler:- Credits:

Quote Originally Posted by thetifftiff
    Amount of real life time doesn't mean much when it comes to shiny hunting though.

I've been extremely fortunate. I have caught a shiny Seel & Rattata. The Rattata I caught also had Pokerus! My roomate who has played every single pokemon game & has played 2-3 times the amount I have has never seen one.
    Last edited by PokeTrainer Nova; 4th March 2013 at 9:46 AM.

Yeah, I've played Pokemon since Red came out and have never ever encountered even a single shiny in god knows how many encounters.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

Personally, the only reason that I have shinies is because I have gone and looked for them. While doing that can be very disheartening as it can take a while, you will have a legitimate shiny to call your own eventually

I have gotten shinies through encountering, the Masuda Method, a completely random encounter, soft resetting and chaining.
    If you want to get a shiny 'easier' I suggest chaining as the 1/8192 statistic goes away after encountering I think like, 1 pokemon (up until 40).

I do not suggest RNG manipulation, as it doesn't bring you any joy to hack a shiny (not that I ever have or tried). I know that I feel very accomplished after finding a shiny through persistence and hard work. I have hatched 3196 MM Shroomish eggs and I am still going.

Of course, there should be a lot of credit fellow shiny hunters and their posts, particularly in the shiny discussions because you find that everyone encourages one another, so you don't want to give up.

Anyway, good luck if you decide to pursue a shiny.
    Last edited by Ceecee-typhlosion; 4th March 2013 at 1:32 PM.

My Shinies

Current Targets: Virizion, Dratini, Groudon, Seviper

Latest shinies: Graveler & Floatzel - X - Completely Random - September 1st, 2014.

I have already encountered 3 shinies in the wild by now, I play Pokemon rpg games for 5 years. It's really rare, it requires much luck.

It's all based on luck.I hunt for shinies but till now I've ran into 5 random shinies (Pupitar-Sawk-Bagon-Woobat-Tropius) along the way.2 on the same game file.
    Most recent shiny:
    3DS FC: 4227-2881-7628

Quote Originally Posted by Ceecee-typhlosion View Post
    I do not suggest RNG manipulation, as it doesn't bring you any joy to hack a shiny (not that I ever have or tried). .
    Typical purist nonsense and misinformation.

@Stealthydeath, RNGing is a legitimate method of obtaining shinies and is in no way "hacking" that said purist peasants constantly want to call it. They can argue some sort of moral jargon all they want, more often than not they call it "hacking" because they're inept at doing it.

Also, I encountered a random shiny Elgyem and Purugly last year and didn't particularly care about them or had any bit of "joy" in doing so...so guess that notion doesn't apply to everyone.

The Glorious RNG master race once again succeeds over those who require luck to get their useless palette swap with terrible IVs and nature across the board.

My daughter and I have been playing since Ruby- I encountered my first shiny in Leaf Green.... in the safari zone. One ball and *poof* it ran away (That *still* stings DARN YOU EXEGGCUTE! DARN YOU TO HECK!). That was uh... in 2004? I have since played every release, I EV train and breed pokemon and I found my 2nd random encounter shiny on 2/15/13... egad that's *9* years of no shinies! I did MM a shiny two days before that, so its still a 9 year dry spell lol. My daughter on the other hand, has 3 shinies that she just stumbled over- a luvdisc, a machoke and a rhydon.

Without any methods of increasing your odds, you have a 1/8192 chance of tripping over a shiny randomly- those are quite awful odds lol.

I have recently decided that I want to get more shinies (legit) so am working on MM hatching and running around to increase pokemon encounters. It took me 350-ish eggs to get my recent Sentret (which is pretty lucky) and am currently at 375 eggs for my Exeggcute with no shine yet. You kinda have to be in it for the long haul if you are determined to increase your shiny count.

Last edited by Laurelai; 4th March 2013 at 3:17 PM.
    My current shinies!

Gifts:
    Event:
    Random:
    Trade:
    MM:
    X/Y FS: Chain Fishing:

FC for X: 2809-7726-5588
    Type: Poison- Cascoon, Garbador and Drapion

Quote Originally Posted by Sonikku za Hejjihoggu View Post
    Typical purist nonsense and misinformation.

@Stealthydeath, RNGing is a legitimate method of obtaining shinies and is in no way "hacking" that said purist peasants constantly want to call it. They can argue some sort of moral jargon all they want, more often than not they call it "hacking" because they're inept at doing it.

Also, I encountered a random shiny Elgyem and Purugly last year and didn't particularly care about them or had any bit of "joy" in doing so...so guess that notion doesn't apply to everyone.

The Glorious RNG master race once again succeeds over those who require luck to get their useless palette swap with terrible IVs and nature across the board.
    You sound very full of yourself, it's the Internet, stop actin like you are a God bacause you can RNG, it takes no skill...

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson_Blazer View Post
    You sound very full of yourself, it's the Internet, stop actin like you are a God bacause you can RNG, it takes no skill...
    Comes from the guy who proudly boasts that his shinies are more "legit" and make him "feel better" about all of his "hard work"
    yeah like we are the ones who are "full of ourselves"

btw it takes little to no skill to "hunt" lol.
    oopsie

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson_Blazer View Post
    I agree, I'll never see RNG as a way to get a shiny. If I ever RNG I wouldn't be happy when one appeared because I know it will be shiny. It takes the excitement away. I wouldn't consider them a real shiny - just like ones I get from trading. Chaining, Masuda Method, random encounters, or soft resetting are the only ones that count to me and actual shiny hunters.
    --
    I've been playing since red and blue and only got my first shiny last year. After chaining for about a day I got a Shinx. Although it was in my sister's
    game because my diamond and platinum games stopped working.

I then was breeding for a modest female Eevee and hatched a shiny in less than 45 eggs. I've still have yet to random encounter a shiny - which
    I want to have that experience. I've been hunting litwick for over a 1000 encounters.

Luck will eventually shine through!
    Trade Shop! 180+ IV bred pokemon!
    3DS FC: 3411-0939-9232
    IGN: Serana

6th gen shiny count: 39

Spoiler:- BQ & Shiny Updates:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast