Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars discussion

Default Star Wars discussion

I think having all out star wars thread is in order.
    So here we can discuss star wars:
    Movies
    TV shows
    Books
    Video games

I personally love the young jedi knights book series, it involves Han and liea’s kids training at lukes jedi academy.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

I'm a big fan of the films an an even bigger fan of the expanded universe. There's some fantastic books/comics out there that really improve and develop the characters introduced in the films

Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    I'm a big fan of the films an an even bigger fan of the expanded universe. There's some fantastic books/comics out there that really improve and develop the characters introduced in the films
    I personally have only read 1 comic book, and it was about darth maul’s “real death” at the hands of lukes uncle.
    I like the lego star wars games, and battlefront, but I want to get the old republic soon.
    My friend even managed to get me to go to the 3D showing of SW1 a few months ago.
    #AlphaSapphire
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Disney bought Clubpenguin when i played it and ruined it for me. I hate how disney ar eplanning to make 3 more movies for the star wars saga. The only good thing coming out of this is that the $4 Billion George Luas got from Disney is gogin to charity

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Eevee View Post
    Disney bought Clubpenguin when i played it and ruined it for me. I hate how disney ar eplanning to make 3 more movies for the star wars saga. The only good thing coming out of this is that the $4 Billion George Luas got from Disney is gogin to charity
    Well, we really don't know anything yet. They may be amazing movies for all we know. All we really know is that George Lucas isn't totally involved, so it won't be as bad as the prequels, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by funrush View Post
    Well, we really don't know anything yet. They may be amazing movies for all we know. All we really know is that George Lucas isn't totally involved, so it won't be as bad as the prequels, at least.
    i dont really see why everyone hates the prequels so much. i like 2 and 3, and i liked 1 when they reanimated yoda.
    but granted the original trilogy is better but that doesnt meant the prequels suck.
    #AlphaSapphire

Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    i dont really see why everyone hates the prequels so much. i like 2 and 3, and i liked 1 when they reanimated yoda.
    but granted the original trilogy is better but that doesnt meant the prequels suck.
    Watch Harry Plinkett's reviews of the prequels. I'm not linking to them here, because he cusses a lot, and a good amount of people on this site are kids, but they can easily be found on Youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by funrush View Post
    Watch Harry Plinkett's reviews of the prequels. I'm not linking to them here, because he cusses a lot, and a good amount of people on this site are kids, but they can easily be found on Youtube.
    wjo cares what 1 guy says.
    as long as a movie is entertaining i usually like it.
    i prefer the SW books though, especially the ones that take place after episode 6.
    #AlphaSapphire

Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    wjo cares what 1 guy says.
    as long as a movie is entertaining i usually like it.
    i prefer the SW books though, especially the ones that take place after episode 6.
    No really, the Plinkett reviews are required viewing for people who have seen the prequels.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxKtZmQgxrI

I would advertise these as satire, greatly comedic, but they're also incredibly well written and well structured reviews and the final part of his Episode 3 review is all so painfully and sadly true.

God, that voice from that reviewer is terrible. If there was a written version of this, I'd definitely read it, but I can't sit here and hear this. Seriously. And without Episode 1, there wouldn't be a Duel Of The Fates track which I absolutely love.

It's not actually his real voice, it's just a character he does so he doesn't sound like a huge nerd (which is true, I guess) or an armchair critic. The review would be pretty boring if there wasn't any humor to it.

Quote Originally Posted by noobers View Post
    It's not actually his real voice, it's just a character he does so he doesn't sound like a huge nerd (which is true, I guess) or an armchair critic. The review would be pretty boring if there wasn't any humor to it.
    That was him trying to NOT to be boring and being humorous? I'd prefer if he did sound like a huge nerd instead, at least that way he wouldn't bore me to the point of being tired. Like I said, I'd gladly read a transcript or something of his review, but there's no way I am listening to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Taichi View Post
    God, that voice from that reviewer is terrible. If there was a written version of this, I'd definitely read it, but I can't sit here and hear this. Seriously. And without Episode 1, there wouldn't be a Duel Of The Fates track which I absolutely love.
    I actually enjoy listening to it. Yeah, it is monotone and quite unenthusiastic sounding, but I think it makes the review all the more hilarious.

I hope the new star wars movies will be on the expanded universe, really ant to see mara jade in live ction

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew16 View Post
    I hope the new star wars movies will be on the expanded universe
    They've already said definitively that the new films will be original material. That doesn't mean they can't take elements from existing EU material, but taken at face value, it would indicate that they won't be adapting any existing stories outright.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

There probably gonna take events from the EU and put there own spin on it.

Like the kids. I could easily imagine them making the new films about the next generation of solos and skywalkers. Maybe not the same names or personalities as the ones in the EU

Quote Originally Posted by Kurry View Post
    I actually enjoy listening to it. Yeah, it is monotone and quite unenthusiastic sounding, but I think it makes the review all the more hilarious.
    Yeah. It's kind of subtle comedy.

Why is the "I am your father." line parodied so much?
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

I'm a big fan of Star Wars. I love Star Wars movies (all six), books, comics, TV shows and video games.

I hope that upcoming Star Wars movies will be great ones.
    Welcome back Charizard! I've missed you so much! <3

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Why is the "I am your father." line parodied so much?
    Because it is one of the most famous plot twists in film history. Not even James Earl Jones knew about the twist until after they filmed it. I don't know, why is Clark Gable's "Frankly my dear" line so often parodied? Or lines from The Godfather? If you've seen Empire Strikes Back or have any knowledge of its significance and still feel compelled to ask, then you are probably won't understand anyway.

The only good thing coming out of this is that the $4 Billion George Luas got from Disney is gogin to charity
    ha ha ha ha ha ha

ho ho ho

hee hee

and I thought my jokes were bad
    I wrote the RBY and GSC pages on serebii.net

https://twitter.com/cifalacus

Quote Originally Posted by Cifala View Post
    ha ha ha ha ha ha

ho ho ho

hee hee

and I thought my jokes were bad
    You think it's a joke...

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Feraligatr View Post
    I don't think that's quite what he meant.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Club Penguin, unlike Star Wars has always sucked though. Disney's merch on Star Wars is pretty damn good. Their Star Tours ride is also great. I'm sure any upcoming movie will be fine and only receive backlash from die hard morons.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Feraligatr View Post
    That's... you don't get it?

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast