Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Scubasteve23 View Post
    Guys guys guys. Let's be honest here. As long as it's better than the prequels, I'll be satisfied.
    that's not gonna be hard. I have had dentist appointments that were more entertaining then attack of the clones.

Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    I'm a bit concerned about the choice of writer. Michael Arndt has written some good stuff, but nothing like star wars so I'm wondering how he will handle it
    Regardless of genre, a movie still needs good characters, good dialogue, a suitable plot and other core basics, regardless of whether you're writing Toy Story 3 or Star Wars Episode VII. That he has written scripts for movies you enjoyed should encourage your faith in him regardless of how far away from Star Wars any of them are.

I wager if you were to look at whomever wrote the scripts for other unrelated movies you enjoyed, you might be surprised as to what else is on their respective resumés.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Regardless of genre, a movie still needs good characters, good dialogue, a suitable plot and other core basics, regardless of whether you're writing Toy Story 3 or Star Wars Episode VII. That he has written scripts for movies you enjoyed should encourage your faith in him regardless of how far away from Star Wars any of them are.

I wager if you were to look at whomever wrote the scripts for other unrelated movies you enjoyed, you might be surprised as to what else is on their respective resumés.
    This is very true and I agree completely. I have complete faith in the writer for the movie. I also believe that JJ will do such a good job that he will be invited back to do the other 2 as well

B
    I like to breed to Pokemon (except IV breeding, i have no interest in it)*. If you have any requests please PM or email me and I will see what I can do to help you. I also have TONS of items.**

Email: pokemonmaster2385@gmail.com (please include "username" @ serebii forums in the heading)
    *I can breed all Pokemon in X&Y now.*
    **Items are in BW & B2W2 only**

Pokemon Y friend code: 3797 - 7081 - 3314
    Pokemon X friend code: 4296 - 4159 - 0229

Quote Originally Posted by AceDetective View Post
    that's not gonna be hard. I have had dentist appointments that were more entertaining then attack of the clones.
    Yes yes, Attack of the Clones was horrific...but Phantom Menace is still worse in my opinion. Jar-Jar is the worse character any movie or tv show has ever created...next to Honey-BooBoo of course

J.J. Abrams should direct the next film, and Lucas should direct people to their seats at the movie theater.

Quote Originally Posted by Scubasteve23 View Post
    Yes yes, Attack of the Clones was horrific...but Phantom Menace is still worse in my opinion. Jar-Jar is the worse character any movie or tv show has ever created...next to Honey-BooBoo of course
    I still don't see a problem with the prequels >_>
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Since I've never watched a star wars film in my life, I thought I was missing out so I started watching them in order. I finished the first two, and I really seemed to enjoy them.
    3DS Friendcode: 5198-2496-8383

Quote Originally Posted by *IZ* View Post
    Since I've never watched a star wars film in my life, I thought I was missing out so I started watching them in order. I finished the first two, and I really seemed to enjoy them.
    Are you watching them in release order or in-universe chronological order?

If you watch The Clone Wars, what do you think about Captain Rex?

I think he's one of series's best characters. He's cool, badass and also a very well developed and deep character (at least for a clone).
    Welcome back Charizard! I've missed you so much! <3

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard-Fan View Post
    If you watch The Clone Wars, what do you think about Captain Rex?

I think he's one of series's best characters. He's cool, badass and also a very well developed and deep character (at least for a clone).
    i havent seen much of the series, but i saw the movie and i liked rex, but we all know what happens after the war ends.....
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

It is official. Hamill, Fisher & Ford have all signed on to the cast of Episode VII.

Discuss, speculate and theorize...

B
    I like to breed to Pokemon (except IV breeding, i have no interest in it)*. If you have any requests please PM or email me and I will see what I can do to help you. I also have TONS of items.**

Email: pokemonmaster2385@gmail.com (please include "username" @ serebii forums in the heading)

I think it's great that those 3 return to Episode VII.
    I hope rest of the main cast return as well.

This can mean only one thing: Han will die. Ford said he would return as Han only if he died. So long as he doesn't die in the opening scenes and dies like a boss, I'm perfectly fine with this.

Also, The Clone Wars animated series has been officially cancelled, while Detours has been indefinitely postponed. I don't care one bit about Detours, but I'm a bit saddened by the cancellation of the former. I didn't love the show, but certainly didn't hate it. It'd definitely gotten better the past few seasons, and I found the last few episodes of season five to be jaw dropping.

Quote Originally Posted by BJPalmer85 View Post
    It is official. Hamill, Fisher & Ford have all signed on to the cast of Episode VII.

Discuss, speculate and theorize...

B
    Good. But i am still sad they are throwing out the EU
    As for the rest of the cast returning, not really sure who else who is well known by casual watchers will return. I could see rebels such as Crix Madine, Mon Mothma, Ackbar, and Wedge coming back, but a lot of those aren't really well known by casual moviegoers because of their brief and rather inconsequential cameos. Can't have the Emperor or Darth Vader eiter. So who else?

and Han dying? Seriously? Isn't the EU canon? How could they do that? i get throwing out the EU for a new story, but you can't do something that drastic imo. That would create an uproar from all the fans.

"What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

Quote Originally Posted by TheWatersGreatGuardian View Post
    Good. But i am still sad they are throwing out the EU
    As for the rest of the cast returning, not really sure who else who is well known by casual watchers will return. I could see rebels such as Crix Madine, Mon Mothma, Ackbar, and Wedge coming back, but a lot of those aren't really well known by casual moviegoers because of their brief and rather inconsequential cameos. Can't have the Emperor or Darth Vader eiter. So who else?
    Billy Dee Williams! I would love to see him back.
    My Y Team:

Quote Originally Posted by TheWatersGreatGuardian View Post
    Can't have the Emperor or Darth Vader eiter. So who else?
    We can't really rule anything out. Palpy came back from the dead by tranafering his mind into a clone body. They could do something similar. Have his disembodied spirit possess someone and work to rebuild the empire.

They could bring vader back as a flashback character or something. They flash back to events that happened between the original films

Doesn't work if they are throwing out the EU. Palpatine did both of those things in the EU

and please no flashbacks
    Last edited by TheWatersGreatGuardian; 12th March 2013 at 3:45 AM.

"What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

I am not entire sure they are throwing out the EU. Disney said that the script will be all original, which means that it could be a story that does not center around EU material but could still have Characters from the EU.

If they do anything to destroy the OG movies and EU conncetion I will not watch them.

B

Clone Wars was pretty awesome. Sure it had its poor moments, but the overarching story was massive in terms of character development. I'm happy with the way it ended this season, so I'm not too fussed about its cancellation, after all the Ahsoka story had run its course. Sure there are still "arcs" that were never aired, but honestly do we really need to know everything there is to know about Rush Clovis (one of the unaired arcs)? All these loose ends will make wonderful material for the EU, as it has always been the case with Star Wars.

For me, Disney has done the right thing. Their priority now is to get Episode VII out, and if that means the reallocation of resources, so be it. As a fan, I'm satisfied... Unlike that whinging co-host on RebelForce Radio, Jimmy Mac.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkS Umbreon View Post
    For me, Disney has done the right thing. Their priority now is to get Episode VII out, and if that means the reallocation of resources, so be it. As a fan, I'm satisfied... Unlike that whinging co-host on RebelForce Radio, Jimmy Mac.
    you might not agree if Disney discredits the entire EU, which includes Clone Wars

B

Damn it ...I loved Clone Wars :'(...
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Correct me if I'm wrong but I read from Wookiepedia that active production on new episode for The Clone Wars has ceased, but studio is still producing new story arcs. I also watched an interview from Dave Filoni where he says that story arcs are still made. So I think series isn't permanently cancelled, but it's going to take a longer break than usual.

Never mind. I watched again and I found out that The Clone Wars has been officially cancelled.
    I'm very disappointed for this because I loved the show. I'm happy we saw Ahsoka's story ending but I would've liked to find out that what will happen to Rex when Order 66 comes out.
    Last edited by Charizard-Fan; 12th March 2013 at 6:28 PM.

"Because of the October 2012 acquisition of Lucasfilm by The Walt Disney Company, Star Wars: The Clone Wars was expected to move from Cartoon Network to a Disney owned channel after the completion of season five. However, in March 2013, Lucasfilm announced that Star Wars: The Clone Wars would be "[winding] down". While new "story arcs" are still in production, the series has seemingly been cancelled. Lucasfilm has referred to the remaining produced episodes as "bonus content", stating that further information would be forthcoming"

This is what it says on wikipedia.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    "Because of the October 2012 acquisition of Lucasfilm by The Walt Disney Company, Star Wars: The Clone Wars was expected to move from Cartoon Network to a Disney owned channel after the completion of season five. However, in March 2013, Lucasfilm announced that Star Wars: The Clone Wars would be "[winding] down". While new "story arcs" are still in production, the series has seemingly been cancelled. Lucasfilm has referred to the remaining produced episodes as "bonus content", stating that further information would be forthcoming"

This is what it says on wikipedia.
    Thanks. I wonder what will happen to the remaining episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard-Fan View Post
    Thanks. I wonder what will happen to the remaining episodes.
    My guess would be that they turn them into EU books.

B

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast