Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars discussion

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    They aren't. Luke's descendant Cade Skywalker is the central figure of the first series, while Han and Leia's great-times-however-many-granddaughter Ania Solo will feature in the second series.
    Where are you getting all this information, do you have a link?

"What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

Luke was learning to use the force, therefor Vader could sense him and his power. He could since Leia and could probably tell that she had a strong presence in the force but since she was untrained she wasnt giving off as strong of an aura as Luke. Since Vader was more in tune with the force he could use it to search Lukes feeling and determine his thoughts. Using that information he may have learned about Luke's aunt and uncle which were Vader's half brother and sister. I would also venture to guess that he could sense part of himself in Luke and might have realized who he was when Obi Wan fought so that Luke could get free.

When Luke destroyed the Death Star, Vader may have also sensed something of himself in Luke.

All guess work

B
    I like to breed to Pokemon (except IV breeding, i have no interest in it)*. If you have any requests please PM or email me and I will see what I can do to help you. I also have TONS of items.**

Email: pokemonmaster2385@gmail.com (please include "username" @ serebii forums in the heading)
    *I can breed all Pokemon in X&Y now.*
    **Items are in BW & B2W2 only**

Pokemon Y friend code: 3797 - 7081 - 3314
    Pokemon X friend code: 4296 - 4159 - 0229

Quote Originally Posted by TheWatersGreatGuardian View Post
    Wookieepedia is a Star Wars fan's best friend when it comes to a seemingly endless source of information regarding our favorite galaxy. I believe it's largest wiki, other than Wikipedia, of course.
    Last edited by Dread Advocate; 15th March 2013 at 12:03 AM.

I'm sad Clone Wars is getting cancelled. I hope we know what happens to Rex like he rebels against 66 and runs off to join the Rebels or Ahsoka

I doubt he resisted. All the clones were hardwired to be utterly loyal to Palpatine.

The rumor is that there may be a new animated series on the horizon that chronicles the events after ROTJ. This could be interesting if it does happen

B
    I like to breed to Pokemon (except IV breeding, i have no interest in it)*. If you have any requests please PM or email me and I will see what I can do to help you. I also have TONS of items.**

Email: pokemonmaster2385@gmail.com (please include "username" @ serebii forums in the heading)

Quote Originally Posted by BJPalmer85 View Post
    The rumor is that there may be a new animated series on the horizon that chronicles the events after ROTJ. This could be interesting if it does happen

B
    Thrawn Trilgoy viewable now? I'm interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Dread Advocate View Post
    Thrawn Trilgoy viewable now? I'm interested.
    Not that I know of. That was one of the rumored story lines along with the Yhuuzan Vong war. I am hoping for the Vong to be honest, that is a great story line.

B

I would want the thrawn trilogy more. Thrawn is the best villian in star wars IMHO.

But the Vong series is probably a better choice for a series due to its length.

I would want the thrawn trilogy more. Thrawn is the best villian in star wars IMHO.

But the Vong series is probably a better choice for a series due to its length.
    I agree on both counts. Id like to see the Vong series done because I'd like to see certain characters like Jacen, Jaina and Anakin solo, Coran Horn & Saba Sebatyne (2 of my favorite EU characters).

B

Or they just take everything post-Endor relevant to the Skywalker lineage and make one really long series, and make arcs and sagas a la Dragon Ball. Perhaps that's a bit hefty order, but sure would be awesome.

Too hefty as it kind of stretches pretty much the entire EU

I figured as much. Every fan has at least one outrageous fantasy for their beloved series that is 99.99% unlikely to happen.
    Last edited by Dread Advocate; 19th March 2013 at 5:31 AM.

I figured as much. Every fan has at least one outrageous fantasy for their beloved series that is 99.99% unlikely to happen.
    That is true. In the case of SW though it would be nearly impossible as the books have a fair amount of detail which would be hard to cover in 30 minute animated shows.

Even a live action show, which would be awesome, would also be hard to pull off with the amount on information contained in the EU. Look at the show Game of Thrones, adapted from George R R Martin's epic A Song of Ice and Fire. Those books are enormous and they have had to cut corners and omit stuff to squeeze what they can in to 10, 1 hour long episodes.

Although it would be nice, it is also a fantasy.

B

Thats why I think it would be far more viable to go off of one of the EU trilogy like the Thrawn series or the Jedi Search series.

Yet far, far more viable to use an entirely original story, one specifically conceived for the medium and designed to fit the storytelling shackles of a television series, rather than be bound to an existing narrative and have to put half of your total effort into making sure you've adapted all the essentials and determining what else can be adapted and what to leave on the cutting room floor.

The Thrawn duology was published in 1997-1998; the material encompassing the Yuuzhan Vong War started publishing not too long after that, and yet there's a reason why none of it or the rest of the seminal EU material has ever been adapted into other mediums. In part because there's no real reason to and in part because the Star Wars universe, core and expanded, is more than vast enough that there's always an original story to be conceived and told that can fit a given medium better than adapting an existing tale. The point was made - Game of Thrones is a perfect example.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Huh. Didn't think of it like that. Makes sense. You are right, the star wars universe is big enough to add to canon, and this way you can concentrate on making a truly unique story and not have to worry about the angry fans coming after you when you leave one of their favorite parts from the books out.

I'm cool with that

It still would be cool to see those stories in some sort of visual format, whether it be animated or live action

B

"Satoshi Tajiri should've never remade Pokémon Red and Blue with those unnecessary new graphics! He ruined my childhood! Don't change the classics!"

Does this sound familiar to you?
    Last edited by CaptainPipcard; 23rd March 2013 at 3:13 PM.

I would love to see some of the EU material adapted as straight to DVD animation, kinda like the DC Animated Universe stuff.

Plenty of Sith don't have a connection to Palpatine. So i would rather them go in a completely different direction. Plus why does it have to be Sith? I would love to see a Thrawn-type villian.

and I am not boycotting it because I am that big of a fan, but I am royally ticked that they are throwing out all the great stories contained in the EU after ROTJ
    I wasn't referring to the Eu sith. Just the in-movie ones.

I was wondering the same thing.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    I was wondering the same thing.
    Like I said earlier, Wookieepedia.

Like I said earlier, Wookieepedia.
    Wookiepedia is a great source. I have read several series and the information they have over there really helps to fill in stuff I missed

B

Its a sad day for SW game fans as LucausArts has been shut down

B

It's more bittersweet than sad. 1313 has a chance to continue development under another developer, and this gives other developers a chance to make the Star Wars games they've wanted to. Obsidion, has been wanting to make KotOR3 for quite some time.

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516 LastLast