Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars discussion

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    I don't think that's quite what he meant.
    Quote Originally Posted by funrush View Post
    That's... you don't get it?
    I realize that now.
    Last edited by Dread Advocate; 4th November 2012 at 5:22 PM.

I just hope they make the new star wars movie(s) good, i mean i really want to see the expanded universe (Mara Jade in particular), but i can settle for a new original movie or movie series, just as long as its good and worthwhile to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Feraligatr View Post
    I realize that now.
    I don't get it (nor do I care but I'm curious), can you just spit it out please.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Okay, let's talk about something that's NOT Episode 7. Who here actually thinks George Lucas hates Star Wars?
    Last edited by NintendoCoke; 4th November 2012 at 11:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NintendoCoke View Post
    Okay, let's talk about something that's NOT Episode 7. Who here actually thinks George Lucas hates Star Wars?
    Who saws he hates star wars? He only sold starwars to disney to pass on the legacy so more movies could be made, and i think hes got a lot of star wars merchandise at his home.

Well, his fans pissed on him for making the prequels for trying to explain the things in the OT, and he never even wanted to do star wars. He wanted to do a space epic about Flash Gordon, but the rights were already held by another company, so he was forced to do this.

Well, his fans pissed on him for making the prequels for trying to explain the things in the OT, and he never even wanted to do star wars. He wanted to do a space epic about Flash Gordon, but the rights were already held by another company, so he was forced to do this.
    I think at the time when he was doing star wars, he didnt want to do it because he wanted to do flash gordan, But now i think he loved doing star wars as it gave him a hell of a lot of money, and without star wars he would probably wouldnt be able to make good films. I personally dont see why fans dont like the prequels, i think Episode 3 was the best star wars film because of the anakin obiwan fight ending with anakin becoming the man in the suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew16 View Post
    I think at the time when he was doing star wars, he didnt want to do it because he wanted to do flash gordan, But now i think he loved doing star wars as it gave him a hell of a lot of money, and without star wars he would probably wouldnt be able to make good films. I personally dont see why fans dont like the prequels, i think Episode 3 was the best star wars film because of the anakin obiwan fight ending with anakin becoming the man in the suit.
    You really don't know who that is? >__>

And the reason people don't like the prequels were

A: Bad acting, script, dialogue...

B: Mr. Pinklett

You really don't know who that is? >__>

And the reason people don't like the prequels were

A: Bad acting, script, dialogue...

B: Mr. Pinklett
    I do know who the man in the suit is- DARTH VADER. sometimes i like to call him the man in the suit.
    I guess everyone has their opinion on what bad acting, script and dialogue is, i think they were good, not as good as the original films (except ep 3), but good all the same.
    And who is Mr Pinklett?

I do know who the man in the suit is- DARTH VADER. sometimes i like to call him the man in the suit.
    I guess everyone has their opinion on what bad acting, script and dialogue is, i think they were good, not as good as the original films (except ep 3), but good all the same.
    And who is Mr Pinklett?
    Harry S. Plinkett

I may be the only one, but I can't wait for Episode VII. I want to see how Disney's going to handle it, even if they may f*ck it up.

if you have some free time, check out my new updated song, ETERNAL NIGHT ~ last.fm ~ steam

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Feraligatr View Post
    Still dont know who he is, never heard of him before.

Still dont know who he is, never heard of him before.
    He did a series of reviews on the prequel films. I posted a link to his Phantom Menace review on the first page.

Quote Originally Posted by funrush View Post
    Well, we really don't know anything yet. They may be amazing movies for all we know. All we really know is that George Lucas isn't totally involved, so it won't be as bad as the prequels, at least.
    I am soooooo hoping the trilogy is going to be from the Thrawn triology of books. Heir to the Empire, Dark Force Rising, and Last Command would make epic movies. Plus that trilogy gives you a villain that IMO would be better than Darth Vader, and a villain that took 3 "episodes" to deal with.

"What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

Quote Originally Posted by TheWatersGreatGuardian View Post
    I am soooooo hoping the trilogy is going to be from the Thrawn triology of books. Heir to the Empire, Dark Force Rising, and Last Command would make epic movies. Plus that trilogy gives you a villain that IMO would be better than Darth Vader, and a villain that took 3 "episodes" to deal with.
    The official word (posted at least a few times...) is that the new films will be original stories, not straight adaptations of existing EU material. Which wouldn't have made a whole lot of sense anyway.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

original stories, huh? i dont know how that will turn out. Im just hoping Mara jade will appear in the film(s),

The official word (posted at least a few times...) is that the new films will be original stories, not straight adaptations of existing EU material. Which wouldn't have made a whole lot of sense anyway.
    So they are making new canon up?

new canon... will they still be connected to the original films or is it a completely new star wars universe?

So they are making new canon up?
    The three new films that are now in the planning stages will be original stories, rather than straight adaptations of existing EU material.

will they still be connected to the original films or is it a completely new star wars universe?
    They'll still be connected. You don't really think they're going to take three of the seminal works of the cinematic medium (and their prequels...) and just throw them out, do you?

-----
    Words to|live by

The three new films that are now in the planning stages will be original stories, rather than straight adaptations of existing EU material.

They'll still be connected. You don't really think they're going to take three of the seminal works of the cinematic medium (and their prequels...) and just throw them out, do you?
    lots of people do crazy things with films these, its possible it will happen. disney is in charge of the new films, so they could do anything.

its possible it will happen
    No it isn't.

Disney is in charge of the new films, so they could do anything.
    They "could", in the sense that Disney also could say "we spent $4 billion on Lucasfilm because we actually hate Star Wars", burn any existing prints and lock up the franchise in the Disney vaults forever, never to be seen again. Possibility does not equate to plausibility.

-----
    Words to|live by

No it isn't.

They "could", in the sense that Disney also could say "we spent $4 billion on Lucasfilm because we actually hate Star Wars", burn any existing prints and lock up the franchise in the Disney vaults forever, never to be seen again. Possibility does not equate to plausibility.
    If they aren't using EU material, what are some ideas for what the story will be? Isn't everything after VI EU?

No it isn't.

True. But im just thinking of a lot of possibilities that could happen, i mean a lot of people screw up films these days and it may or may not be possible that disney could go in any direction for the new films.

If they aren't using EU material, what are some ideas for what the story will be?
    That's the question, as this new chapter unfolds, isn't it? We'll find out in a few years.

Isn't everything after VI EU?
    Technically, "EU" is anything that isn't in one of Episodes I-VI proper, to varying extents. These will be new films continuing the existing film canon, which constitute the highest level of canon.

True. But im just thinking of a lot of possibilities that could happen, i mean a lot of people screw up films these days and it may or may not be possible that disney could go in any direction for the new films.
    Again, possibility does not equate to plausibility in the slightest.

-----
    Words to|live by

That's the question, as this new chapter unfolds, isn't it? We'll find out in a few years.

Technically, "EU" is anything that isn't in one of Episodes I-VI proper, to varying extents. These will be new films continuing the existing film canon, which constitute the highest level of canon.

Again, possibility does not equate to plausibility in the slightest.
    True. We just have to wait and see what happens, wont we?

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast