Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars discussion

Here are some Star Wars comments from the 80's.

http://www.platypuscomix.net/hollywood/phreakout.html

I don't know if they're real, but if they are, they're cool.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your sig if you are too.†

I just finished reading Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter. It was a good book.
    Welcome back Charizard! I've missed you so much! <3

According to this the screen writer for episodes 5&6 has been approached to write the scripts for episode 8 & 9. It also seems to confirm the screen writer for episode 7.

Thoughts?

B
    I like to breed to Pokemon (except IV breeding, i have no interest in it)*. If you have any requests please PM or email me and I will see what I can do to help you. I also have TONS of items.**

Email: pokemonmaster2385@gmail.com (please include "username" @ serebii forums in the heading)
    *I can breed all Pokemon in X&Y now.*
    **Items are in BW & B2W2 only**

Pokemon Y friend code: 3797 - 7081 - 3314
    Pokemon X friend code: 4296 - 4159 - 0229

Quote Originally Posted by BJPalmer85 View Post
    According to this the screen writer for episodes 5&6 has been approached to write the scripts for episode 8 & 9. It also seems to confirm the screen writer for episode 7.

Thoughts?

B
    well my favorite episode was 5 so i think that it will turn out pretty good, and a lot of people hated the prequels so they will be glad that someone who was in on the originals is doing it.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

It also seems to confirm the screen writer for episode 7.
    Arndt was confirmed as writing the script for Episode VII last week.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Arndt was confirmed as writing the script for Episode VII last week.
    i must have missed that

B
    I like to breed to Pokemon (except IV breeding, i have no interest in it)*. If you have any requests please PM or email me and I will see what I can do to help you. I also have TONS of items.**

Email: pokemonmaster2385@gmail.com (please include "username" @ serebii forums in the heading)

I've heard recent rumors that Darth Vader might make a comeback in Episode VII. I think it's BS, though it might work if he's like, a robot.

Also, this is probably a stupid question, but why does BJ put B at the end of every statement?

Quote Originally Posted by NintendoCoke View Post
    I've heard recent rumors that Darth Vader might make a comeback in Episode VII. I think it's BS, though it might work if he's like, a robot.

Also, this is probably a stupid question, but why does BJ put B at the end of every statement?
    WTF!
    no way, if he does it cant be the real vader, i mean we got the emperor making a possible comeback but not him too. dear lord no >: D.
    and its his signature, like when u sign your name at the end of a letter, several people on here do that, i am thinking of making one for myself.
    Last edited by Mr. Spock; 22nd November 2012 at 7:01 PM.
    #AlphaSapphire
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

There is no possible way Vader, the Anakin Skywalker Vader, could make a comeback. His spirit was already one with the force

"What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

Until they come up with a way to do it, if they go that route. This is fiction. There is no "no possible way".

-----
    Words to|live by

I wouldn't mind to see how that they would "resurrect" Vader, though I hope it ain't anything like something like Vader being some random Disney character like Zurg. Now that would be something that any audience member in the theater wouldn't take him seriously whenever is trying to be serious. I know that since I didn't take Bane in The Dark Knight Rises as serious because of his British accent. Besides, I know that Disney would do a excellent job with the series if the take the same approach as they did with The Avengers even if it means a couble of bad puns every know and then.

there's no Battle Frontier?!

Quote Originally Posted by LucarioWolf View Post
    I wouldn't mind to see how that they would "resurrect" Vader, though I hope it ain't anything like something like Vader being some random Disney character like Zurg. Now that would be something that any audience member in the theater wouldn't take him seriously whenever is trying to be serious.

Son, do you remember what we used to discuss down in the game subforums? About talking a great deal but saying very little?

Quote Originally Posted by LucarioWolf View Post
    Besides, I know that Disney would do a excellent job with the series if the take the same approach as they did with The Avengers even if it means a couble of bad puns every know and then.
    Disney being the producing studio isn't going to have anywhere near as much to do with the tone of the script and the film as the writer, director and actors will.

-----
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by StarDestroyer View Post
    What are your favourite Star Wars characters?

My number 1 is Obi-Wan, and Yoda and Anakin share the close second place.
    Grevious, Sinister Opress, Darth Maul, Jar-Jar, Boba, Princess Leia, and of course R2-D2

topic:
    do u think that star wars was justified in that cheesy new angry birds game?
    #AlphaSapphire

Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    topic:
    Um, it's angry birds with a star wars skin over it, so yeah I guess it's fine.

Better question: does it matter?

-----
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by Zoruagible View Post
    Grevious, Sinister Opress, Darth Maul, Jar-Jar, Boba, Princess Leia, and of course R2-D2
    Savage Oppress

I am not sure but I believe there is some sort of reference in one of the books that the Emperor "copied" Vader's mind into a machine and then builds a robot like him but it is completely flawed because of the whole real body > machine body when it comes to the force.

WTF!
    no way, if he does it cant be the real vader, i mean we got the emperor making a possible comeback but not him too. dear lord no >: D.
    I know in the books Palpatine's "spirit" comes back and tries to take over Anakin Solo's mind while he is still in the womb. That would be AWESOME if they went that route because it would mean that Jacen and Jaina Solo would also be in the new films as well as Mara Jade Skywalker

and its his signature, like when u sign your name at the end of a letter, several people on here do that, i am thinking of making one for myself.

^ what he said. B is the first letter of my first name and a nickname that people use for me a lot so I use it as my signature. Been using it for year across multiple forums

B

I know in the books Palpatine's "spirit" comes back and tries to take over Anakin Solo's mind while he is still in the womb. That would be AWESOME if they went that route because it would mean that Jacen and Jaina Solo would also be in the new films as well as Mara Jade Skywalker
    Whaaaa!?
    i dont remember anything about anikin being possesed. i knew he died while he was young but still...
    and yes it would be sweet if they put jacen, jaina and mara in it.
    do you guys think they would put chewbacca's death scene in there?
    #AlphaSapphire

Whaaaa!?
    i dont remember anything about anikin being possesed. i knew he died while he was young but still...
    Yea, there is references to it in some of the books during the Yuuzhan Vong crisis but I have not actually read it. Supposedly it has something to do with why he was so strong in the force...that is only speculation i expect.

I highly doubt it since Chewie's death was directly caused by the Yuuzhan Vong.

B

So how's this for a Star Wars Saga experience? A New Hope, The Empire Strikes Back, Attack of the Clones, Revenge of the Sith, and Return of the Jedi. Ignore The Phantom Menace. When I have the time, I'll try it.

So the entire saga came on Spike last night, I watched the Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi, and I realized that if VII-IX still include Luke, Han, Leia, etc. as characters they can't exactly bring Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher back when they're all practically seniors. And anyone else would just suck. Really it would.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoruagible View Post
    Jar-Jar
    Jar-Jar
    What the f*ck.

if you have some free time, check out my new demo! ~ last.fm ~ steam

Quote Originally Posted by Mister_SGG View Post
    and I realized that if VII-IX still include Luke, Han, Leia, etc. as characters they can't exactly bring Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher back when they're all practically seniors.
    Sure they can. Set the movies long enough after Jedi to make the aging plausible. Easy.

-----
    Words to|live by

Whaaaa!?
    Its how Palpatine was finally stopped from coming back to life
    ---------------------
    In 10 ABY, a damaged ship called the Millennium Falcon arrived in Ganathan Space. Empatojayos Brand learned from its passengers, Han Solo and his wife Leia Organa Solo of the New Republic, that Vader had been defeated, but the war continued to rage against Emperor Palpatine, who had discovered a way to cheat death by transferring his consciousness between clone bodies. Brand also learned that Leia's brother Luke Skywalker was building a New Jedi Order and so he accompanied the Solos back to their safeworld of New Alderaan. After an Imperial attack, Brand joined Skywalker and the New Republic in their flight from the Empire. Brand eventually accompanied Skywalker in a last-ditch attempt at stopping Palpatine on the world of Onderon. Though injured by Palpatine in the fight, Brand was able to capture his opponent's soul, which fled its body after being shot by Han Solo, and upon dying Brand carried it to the Netherworld of the Force, where the former Emperor would be held prisoner by all departed Jedi for eternity.

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    Sure they can. Set the movies long enough after Jedi to make the aging plausible. Easy.
    Well yes, that makes sense obviously. But correct me if I'm wrong, won't the plots for the films be based on non-canon stories that were based in the near-future after Return of the Jedi? http://ca.eonline.com/news/358685/st...casfilm-source
    Last edited by Mister_SGG; 27th November 2012 at 2:37 AM.

if you have some free time, check out my new demo! ~ last.fm ~ steam

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast