Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars discussion

All that article tells us is that the new films will be "original stories". If anything, that says outright that they won't be straight adaptations of existing EU material.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Quote Originally Posted by Mister_SGG View Post
    So the entire saga came on Spike last night, I watched the Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi, and I realized that if VII-IX still include Luke, Han, Leia, etc. as characters they can't exactly bring Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher back when they're all practically seniors. And anyone else would just suck. Really it would.
    Hell they werent sure they were going to use Hamill after Episode 3! The car accident is the reason he looks like he aged 30+ years between Ep 3 and 4

On January 11, 1977, one day before he was set to shoot one of the final scenes needed for Star Wars, Hamill was in a car accident in which he fractured his nose and left cheekbone,[4] which required seven hours of surgery. As a result of the accident, a double was used for the landspeeder pickup shots.[5]
    quote taken from Wiki Mark Hamill

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    All that article tells us is that the new films will be "original stories". If anything, that says outright that they won't be straight adaptations of existing EU material.
    That is true, but would you agree that it DOES NOT mean that it wont include material from the EU?

B
    Last edited by BJPalmer85; 27th November 2012 at 12:32 PM.
    I like to breed to Pokemon (except IV breeding, i have no interest in it)*. If you have any requests please PM or email me and I will see what I can do to help you. I also have TONS of items.**

Email: pokemonmaster2385@gmail.com (please include "username" @ serebii forums in the heading)
    *I can breed all Pokemon in X&Y now.*
    **Items are in BW & B2W2 only**

Pokemon Y friend code: 3797 - 7081 - 3314
    Pokemon X friend code: 4296 - 4159 - 0229

Quote Originally Posted by BJPalmer85 View Post
    That is true, but would you agree that it DOES NOT mean that it wont include material from the EU?
    "Material"? Like, maybe a character or two, maybe a story beat here and there? Entirely plausible. Adapting verbatim entire stories and multi-year arcs, as are the norm throughout the more prolific EU novels? Less plausible. You'd agree with that, I think.
    Last edited by BCVM22; 27th November 2012 at 7:31 PM.

-----
    Words to|live by

"Material"? Like, maybe a character or two, maybe a story beat here and there? Entirely plausible. Adapting verbatum entire stories and multi-year arcs, as are the norm throughout the more prolific EU novels? Less plausible. You'd agree with that, I think.
    I would agree that that is less plausible. Depending on the time frame of the new movies, I would expect there to be some mention of events after ROTJ, either in the form of the scrolling text at the beginning of the movie or it made mention by characters in the new movies.

B
    I like to breed to Pokemon (except IV breeding, i have no interest in it)*. If you have any requests please PM or email me and I will see what I can do to help you. I also have TONS of items.**

Email: pokemonmaster2385@gmail.com (please include "username" @ serebii forums in the heading)

Whatever they do, something in the EU is going to be overwritten and rendered non-canon (as much as it can be further rendered), since the EU covers all the way up to 138 ABY at this point.

-----
    Words to|live by

Whatever they do, something in the EU is going to be overwritten and rendered non-canon (as much as it can be further rendered), since the EU covers all the way up to 138 ABY at this point.
    That is true. Though they are always adding in books here and there.

B

That is true. Though they are always adding in books here and there.

B
    welp, there goes my chances of seeing the young jedi knights series adapted.
    and my cousin told me this but i am not sure if its true, maybe u guys have heard something similar.
    he said that after 7, 8 and 9 then they will keep making SW movies once and a while, but they will be disjoined from the main saga.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

File that away with the countless other bits of baseless speculation floating around right now. The only thing worth knowing right now is that Episode VII will be released in 2015 with Episodes VIII and IX coming at some point thereafter.

-----
    Words to|live by

File that away with the countless other bits of baseless speculation floating around right now. The only thing worth knowing right now is that Episode VII will be released in 2015 with Episodes VIII and IX coming at some point thereafter.
    you're probably right, but then again, he is a totall SW nutcase and he knows which sources to trust. granted its probably not going to hapen but with disney in charge, who knows.
    #AlphaSapphire
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    but then again, he is a totall SW nutcase and he knows which sources to trust
    And yet he's trying to sell you on a rumor that would have no reason to even be decided yet. Does it make sense to you that before even hiring (or at least announcing) a director for Episode VII, that they've decided what they'll do after Episode IX, which is a decade away at least?

granted its probably not going to hapen but with disney in charge, who knows.
    "Who knows with Disney in charge?" is not a catch-all answer to everything illogical.

Again, you don't have to give stage time to every rumor you hear. You can discard the stuff that sounds like pufuddle, like this does.
    Last edited by BCVM22; 28th November 2012 at 6:19 AM.

-----
    Words to|live by

And yet he's trying to sell you on a rumor that would have no reason to even be decided yet. Does it make sense to you that before even hiring (or at least announcing) a director for Episode VII, that they've decided what they'll do after Episode IX, which is a decade away at least.
    very true. but then the flipside of that is if they expressed interest in continuing it then they would make preperations ahead of time. i do think that they might want to continue it cuz it does have a very large fanbase.

"Who knows with Disney in charge?" is not a catch-all answer to everything illogical.

Again, you don't have to give stage time to every rumor you hear. You can discard the stuff that sounds like pufuddle, like this does.
    1) i would prefer if u didnt lecture me on logic, im practically a vulcan.
    2) why would it be pufuddle? theyll do what rakes in the most cash, like say another movie.

granted it is a out there and it is debateable but it isnt exacly unlikely.
    #AlphaSapphire

granted it is a out there and it is debateable but it isnt exacly unlikely.
    No, it isn't unlikely in and of itself. That it would be decided right now and leaked out to travel the ether as a rumor is what's unlikely.

-----
    Words to|live by

I highly doubt that Disney would break the SW mold of 3 movies.

On another note, has the Director been confirmed yet? I keep reading it could be "this" person, or it could be "that" person. I thought the only confirmed person involved with Ep VII was the screen writer

B

I highly doubt that Disney would break the SW mold of 3 movies.

On another note, has the Director been confirmed yet? I keep reading it could be "this" person, or it could be "that" person. I thought the only confirmed person involved with Ep VII was the screen writer

B
    Nothing yet. Even though most of the rumors point to Brad Bird, I think his chances are highly unlikely because he's preoccupied with something else at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Feraligatr View Post
    Nothing yet. Even though most of the rumors point to Brad Bird, I think his chances are highly unlikely because he's preoccupied with something else at the moment.
    Im hoping for Matthew Vaughn in all honesty. X-Men First Class was amazing and I expect the sequel will be just as good.

B

Even though most of the rumors point to Brad Bird, I think his chances are highly unlikely because he's preoccupied with something else at the moment.
    Brad Bird has unequivocally taken himself out of the running.

-----
    Words to|live by

Brad Bird has unequivocally taken himself out of the running.
    News that has missed my ear. All I know is that JJ Abrams turned it down.
    Last edited by Dread Advocate; 28th November 2012 at 7:02 PM.

You know, has anyone mentioned The Force Unleashed? I have an interesting theory that maybe when during the first game, after you beat Shakk-Ti, when Vader throws you into space, if maybe he clones you, and the person you wake up as is the clone. Then, when you find General Kota and all the other guys, Vader would come to kill you and him. Meanwhile, the original you would train with Vader, becoming the "perfected clone" in the bad ending of TFU2. Therefore, the Starkiller you play in TFU2 is the original clone, while the perfected clone is actually the real person.

I will cry if its somehow Micheal Bay

"What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

Michael Bay is starting pre-production on the next film in his own huge franchise, outright precluding him from directing anything else right now. We established this the last time someone exhibited the same worry.

-----
    Words to|live by

according to a tweet i just got:
    SW 2 and 3 are going to be in theater in 3D at the end of 2013. (attack of the clones is in sptember and revenge of the sith is in october)
    Last edited by Mr. Spock; 30th November 2012 at 8:48 PM.
    #AlphaSapphire

A bit excessive, wouldn't you say?

according to a tweet i just got from the official site.
    SW 2 and 3 are going to be in theater in 3D at the end of 2013. (attack of the clones is in sptember and revenge of the sith is in october)
    That soon together? That's a bit odd in the way I see it, I'd think they would do better if one was released in February-March, and the other in October-November, that way enough people can see them on time.

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!

If you badly want the Team Plasma episodes to air soon, please put this in your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterge77 View Post
    That soon together? That's a bit odd in the way I see it, I'd think they would do better if one was released in February-March, and the other in October-November, that way enough people can see them on time.
    i thought that was odd too, but thats what it said. seeing the gap between 1 and 2 and then looking at the gap between 2 and 3, it doesnt make much sense.
    #AlphaSapphire

i thought that was odd too, but thats what it said. seeing the gap between 1 and 2 and then looking at the gap between 2 and 3, it doesnt make much sense.
    I know, though it would also make sense if one was released in 2013, and then the next in 2014, which would have one film a year for the next three years, 2013 being Attack of the Clones 3D, 2014 being Revenge of the Sith 3D, and 2015 being Star Wars VII. That makes the most sense to me there.

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!

If you badly want the Team Plasma episodes to air soon, please put this in your signature.

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast