Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Missed opportunities in the anime

Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    I mean pillowswine evolved from a happy and hungry swinub then it just became a lazy pillowswine... o man her dragonite has a anger problem but i like how strong it is so i wont hate .

and I thought youngster joeys rattata was scary, i mean its in the top 10 perectages of rattatas!
    Psh, we all know his Rattata is the god of all Rattatas ;D IT'D MAKE EVEN ARCEUS SHIVER IN FEAR.
    And Burgundy being serious and actually winning a battle would be amazing. D8 THE GIRL NEEDS AT LEAST ONE WIN. AT LEAST ONE. D:
    MMing: Espurr, 90 eggs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    Good. You can never understand the mindset of a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    Iris not catching Deino
    Team Plasma
    Benga
    Thought I add something to this as I agree with both

Quote Originally Posted by SapphireIris View Post
    Psh, we all know his Rattata is the god of all Rattatas ;D IT'D MAKE EVEN ARCEUS SHIVER IN FEAR.
    And Burgundy being serious and actually winning a battle would be amazing. D8 THE GIRL NEEDS AT LEAST ONE WIN. AT LEAST ONE. D:
    Im afraid of it! i wouldnt be suprised if it just threw out a 1 hit ko attack with no guard as its ability!
    ya seriously they cant end the season with her not even having 1 win.... that would be lame

Nah she can join torterra in the utter failure club xD

Im afraid of it! i wouldnt be suprised if it just threw out a 1 hit ko attack with no guard as its ability!
    ya seriously they cant end the season with her not even having 1 win.... that would be lame
    ...Wait. New idea. PUT YOUNGSTER JOEY IN THE UNOVA LEAGUE AND HAVE HIM BEAT ASH. IT'LL TEACH ALL OF US NOT TO UNDERESTIMATE THE POWERS OF RATTATA. ^_^
    /shot
    ...You people can't take a joke can you? D8 *shot again*
    Indeed it would ._.
    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Nah she can join torterra in the utter failure club xD
    Ouch. Harsh Red, harsh D8

...Wait. New idea. PUT YOUNGSTER JOEY IN THE UNOVA LEAGUE AND HAVE HIM BEAT ASH. IT'LL TEACH ALL OF US NOT TO UNDERESTIMATE THE POWERS OF RATTATA. ^_^
    /shot
    Greatest thing ive ever heard all week! i might just quote that!

Quote Originally Posted by Duranteater View Post
    Thought I add something to this as I agree with both
    Oh yeah I forgot about Benga.. I'd take either him or Hugh over Virgil and Kotetsu any day.

Greatest thing ive ever heard all week! i might just quote that!
    First the Unova League, then, THEY'RE AIMING FOR GOD STATUS! D8
    /I really need to stop posting here when I'm hyper and bored ._.

First the Unova League, then, THEY'RE AIMING FOR GOD STATUS! D8
    /I really need to stop posting here when I'm hyper and bored ._.
    Keep doing this. Its hilarious xD

Youngster Joey is nothing more than an NPC, plus he evolved his Rattata if you rematch him.

Quote Originally Posted by Duranteater View Post
    Youngster Joey is nothing more than an NPC, plus he evolved his Rattata if you rematch him.
    Youngster joey is the real champion of pokemon! the ratticate he has is a raticate he evolved from another rattata his was to strong that he had to put it into his pc to make it fair

Youngster joey is the real champion of pokemon! the ratticate he has is a raticate he evolved from another rattata his was to strong that he had to put it into his pc to make it fair
    The only reason he didn't sign up for the Sinnoh League is because he knew he would OHKO Tobias and all his legendaries, so he decided to join the Unova League ;D
    3rd time I've been quoted this week. I feel special D8

The only reason he didn't sign up for the Sinnoh League is because he knew he would OHKO Tobias and all his legendaries, so he decided to join the Unova League ;D
    3rd time I've been quoted this week. I feel special D8
    i thought he got all 8 badges to fast and forgot the date of the League!
    haha i couldnt resist it was such a great comment!

Enough with this irrelevant topic of Joey

A real reason of these missed opportunities can be in a simple answer in the form of that the writers decided to do this.

Larry being a badge collector. and tobias' son or brother

Oh yeah I forgot about Benga.. I'd take either him or Hugh over Virgil and Kotetsu any day.
    This. I still hope Benga will appear in the filler arc or something.

3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Larry being a badge collector. and tobias' son or brother
    This raises a lot of questions.
    1. Tobias actually has offspring?! O+O ...I bet you 5 dollars he ditched his wife and family to become the ultimate haxer. D8
    2. I bet you he cloned Latios and Darkrai for his son/brother. HE IS THE ULTIMATE HAXER.
    3...I just wanted to put a 3 here.

I'd like to see a Benga v.s Iris or Ash battle. :3

I'd take anyone over Kotetsu and Virgil, specially Benga. I'd love to see he battling in the league with his Volcarona.

Quote Originally Posted by vodor View Post
    Ash not catching the Swampert he fought & weaken in '' Leading a Stray!''.
    Ash was so closed on catching that pokemon.
    He just needed to throw a Pokeball as it.
    I mean , How many time a trainer can get a opportunity to catch a fully evolved starter Pokemon.
    Also , I liked that way Luxio communicated with Ash using the electricity from his paw.
    Unfortunately, Ash could catch him because of Pikachu.
    Shhesss , Since BW Pikachu seem nothing more then a cute Mascot.
    Even a Rookies Pokemon more develop then him.
    Pikachu really did prove that he's the worst Pokemon A Trainer can chose to Travel with him.
    Ash should have replace Pikachu with that Luxio instate.
    just look , the perfect pairing
    FYI Vodor, Swampert was already owned by another trainer that was with the group at the time. Ash and the others didn't know.

Also, really? Luxio replacing Pikachu? You're out of your freaking mind Vodor. Pikachu is being starred so much in Best Wishes mainly because he never was the shining star in any of the gym battles back in Diamond and Pearl, which I think is a plus. Though Luxio would be a cool Pokemon for Ash, Pikachu is still his partner now and forever. If you try to say that Pikachu's bland again, well...

Me: *sends out Beartic* I'll just have to improvise. Annie, Icicle Crash!

Annie: Sure thing! *hits Vodor with icicles*

EDIT: Oh yeah, I'd love to see Benga appear in the anime too. Perhaps a battle between him and Ash is in order, yes?

Quote Originally Posted by NegaiFreak View Post
    FYI Vodor, Swampert was already owned by another trainer that was with the group at the time. Ash and the others didn't know.

Also, really? Luxio replacing Pikachu? You're out of your freaking mind Vodor. Pikachu is being starred so much in Best Wishes mainly because he never was the shining star in any of the gym battles back in Diamond and Pearl, which I think is a plus. Though Luxio would be a cool Pokemon for Ash, Pikachu is still his partner now and forever. If you try to say that Pikachu's bland again, well...

Me: *sends out Beartic* I'll just have to improvise. Annie, Icicle Crash!

Annie: Sure thing! *hits Vodor with icicles*

EDIT: Oh yeah, I'd love to see Benga appear in the anime too. Perhaps a battle between him and Ash is in order, yes?
    You're thinking of a different Swampert.. the Swampert you're thinking of is the one back in Hoenn on the Abandon Ship. The Leading a Stray one was wild

You're thinking of a different Swampert.. the Swampert you're thinking of is the one back in Hoenn on the Abandon Ship. The Leading a Stray one was wild
    Oh, my bad. But still, you shouldn't give Ash all that power with yet another water starter. What about, Squirtle, Totodile, & Corphish? They have feelings too you know. Also that would just make Ash seem too strong at a standpoint. But of course, that's what you always want Vodor.

As a missed opportunity in the anime, when right down to it, is seeing all the Unova Elite 4 members in their own episodes meeting Ash and the group. We could have had Ash challenge them to a battle, or even show us how they battle with their own Pokemon. For example, Marshal is Alder's said apprentice, Caitlin is a Psychic type user who loves peace and relaxation, Shauntal is a book writer, and Grimsley, he's just freaking cool. (What does he do besides be an Elite 4 member anyway?)

Oh well, maybe if there's another filler saga in Unova, maybe the entire Elite 4 will show up in some episodes.

The writers have missed too many opportunities where a character can have development, and they have missed the opportunities to show the development. But I suppose that because the Pokemon anime goes on for a very long time, writing in development too early can result in little to look forward to and an early termination for the writer who wrote it in.

Spoiler:- Some Things:

Iris not getting a Deino instead of Dragonite, nor evolving Axew by now. And not enough appearances by the rivals.
    A soul that cannot be saved drifts and disappears,
    In the instant it vanishes, it shines faintly,
    Now, it creates a night with a full moon.

Quote Originally Posted by TsukiMirage View Post
    Iris not getting a Deino instead of Dragonite, nor evolving Axew by now. And not enough appearances by the rivals.
    I have to agree with you on the rivals bit. The rivals always get sparce appearances, either at Tournament arcs or a silly episode where they recieve nearly zero character development. The writers need to stpe this show up a notch.

Spoiler:- Some Things:

Well, "Rival Destinies" kind of gave the rivals some attention. We got some good single episodes of all them, besides the tournaments.

Bianca challenging Elesa & the conflict with her overprotective dad
    Trip with the Alder episode
    Burgundy with the whole ordeal at the rich mansion, and "blasting off again"
    Stephan competing in the Mistralton Tower contest.
    Georgia during the crisis at the Ferroseed lab
    Luke making a movie in the Pokestar Studios

Also, the chance to bring more out of Pierce's character and appearances. But from the looks of it, we wouldn't get an end to his character due to the TP/TR episodes delayed.

I also agree with the fact that Iris isn't a gym leader, where it would have been epic for Ash and Iris to have a battle again (referring to Iris' win in the Club Battle tournament).

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast