Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Am I the only one who would like to see Ash travel through Kanto and Hoenn again?

No, please. We have seen enough of Hoenn and we have definitely seen all we have of Kanto.
    Fact: All fanbases are unpleasable, deal with it.

Pokemon Red Team: Corona LV.53 Garland LV.44 Salt LV.47 Rime LV.48 Blitz LV.55 Buckle LV. 46 Badges: 8, Elite Four defeated.

Pokemon Crystal Team: Flower LV.62 Torrent LV.61 Echo LV.58 Shade LV. 57 Vortex LV.60 Brand LV. 60Badges: 16, Elite Four defeated, Red defeated

Ranked 5,823rd place in the VGC 2011 Autumn Friendly Tourney

Traveling through a old region with Ash at this point just sounds dumb. What more is there to do? Now if they had someone like May, Dawn, Iris, Cilan or someone of that category who has never been to multiple regions travel the region and it being their first time then that would be interesting enough for me to even watch. Why would I want to watch Ash go through Hoenn again? He already has the 8 badges from the region and beat their BF in Kanto.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

He could go back to johto AKA the pit that swallows all MCs.

I would rather he go back to Sinnoh. He could explore the Battle Zone, Stark Mountain and Team Galactic, and challenge the Battle Frontier.
    Alpha Sapphire

Badges: 0

I'd like him to explore any region again except Kanto. He explored there twice already.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoruagible View Post
    I'd like him to explore any region again except Kanto. He explored there twice already.
    This.

I'd rather him go back through Johto since it was so horrible and have it done better. But they could easily just do a chronical or use a character who's not on the show anymore to redo it. Ash doesn't have to do it all over again for no reason.

My ideal battle ever!

The reason I am so supportive of the PWT idea is that I want Ash to see Gym Leaders and previous characters he's encountered from other regions. It'd be really neat to see them again. I wouldn't mind a retread, of either region frankly. I do love Hoenn.
    I am not worried, Harry. I am with you.

^This is my new fanfic. It's a work in progress, so please read and comment at your discretion. I hope you like it. I think you will.

Many, many thanks to Mew, who created this exceptional banner!

Harry Potter and How I Met Your Mother are currently my life.

I honestly want Johto more than any other region because IMO, that was probably the least developed of all the places he's traveled (barring Orange Islands) but then again, I wouldn't want them to butcher it like they did to Kanto in the Battle Frontier.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.

Only reason in my own opinion for ash to go again and travel Kanto would be to actually earn his badges, unlike last time when he got pity badges. Plus win the League + ending his story there, but that wont happen

I'm sick of him doing the same thing would be nice for the anime to skip ash a few years into the future where he appears older physically and mentally.
    Pokemon Black 2 Team:

(Jormungandr)(Skoll)(Niohoggr)(Sleipnir)(Hel)(Fimbulvetr)

If they want someone to redo Kanto gyms then they can make a new protagonist to do it. Not Ash. I can't sit and watch another Kanto saga again. No matter how good it is. And he doesn't need to go to Hoenn because it wasn't anywhere near as bad as Johto. But they can just let Lyra and her lakkie do that if they wanted to. If they want a Hoenn redo, then have Max get his own Pokemon and do it. There is so many ways for them to re-master regions without Ash doing them.

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    If they want someone to redo Kanto gyms then they can make a new protagonist to do it. Not Ash. I can't sit and watch another Kanto saga again. No matter how good it is. And he doesn't need to go to Hoenn because it wasn't anywhere near as bad as Johto. But they can just let Lyra and her lakkie do that if they wanted to. If they want a Hoenn redo, then have Max get his own Pokemon and do it. There is so many ways for them to re-master regions without Ash doing them.
    Agreed, if the idea ever comes up about them redoing a region it should definitely be without Ash. I would go a step further and say just use different protagonists altogether. I mean if they want they could make allusions to Ash and his journey, similar to how the BW2 protagonists keep getting compared to the BW protagonists by various people.

(credit goes to Skiyomi)

I would only be for it if Ash visited places he passed through before. I wanted the BF saga to include a lot of old places, but the Kanto from that saga was like an entirely new region.

Honestly, no. I'd like the Johto and Hoenn regions to steer clear of TPCi voice overs for the dub for main chars if at all possible (I like to think of those regions as having dubs by them alone, and I love them so much). Kanto has had too many times to go through the same region in the games, and in the anime it's already had 2 runs through it (once with 4Kids and then TPCi). I'd like to see Gen VI next in JPN and then in the TPCi dub, personally.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 18th November 2012 at 4:36 AM.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    I couldn't agree more. There are so many ways to redo a region. Chronicals IMO would have made a great place to advertise remake games. Lyra in Johto would have worked since she is not a Coordinator and is free to do gyms. In a remake of Hoenn maybe they can try and bring back Team Magma and Team Aqua and actually make them look like a good evil team, but use a new character to stop them. Sadly this is all wishful thinking. Oh I wish Pokemon had some kind of second series.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

I would like to see Ash go back to Hoenn, Kanto and even Johto again. Johto has so much new to see thanks to HG/SS, and could be home to the Gen 4 Battle Frontier. All three regions could be travelled by Ash as a training thing. He could decide to go to each region again and face their gyms, but being a more experianced trainer he would qualify to take part in the more challenging battles, like the rematches from Emerald and the Saffron City Dojo battles from HG/SS. Gym battles in the anime seem to be three-on-three usually, full six-on-six battles against proper teams would interesting. I'd like to see Ash in a full battle against a more experianced Misty who uses the likes of her Starmie and Gyarados from the anime, and a few new captures, like a Quagsire, Milotic or Lanturn. He could battle Brock's brother Forrest, who uses his Rhyperior and pokemon from Brock's Dojo team; Rampardos, Relicanth, Kabutops etc. A full team of Dragons from Clair, a battle against a full group of Ghosts from Morty, a fist-fight against six Fighting types from Brawly, a full fire team from Flannery, it could make for several interesting series, and could even include returns to Sinnoh and Unova as well.
    Such a series, though, might require a travelling companion being tutored by Ash; Leaf could be used for Kanto, for example, and she could battle the weaker teams that Ash once fought.
    Last edited by Sprinter1988; 5th December 2012 at 11:38 PM.
    Friend code: 5257-9947-2315. PM me so I can add you too. Safari contains Phanpy, Marowak and Palpitoad.

Current Y team (champions)

Current X team (6th gym badge won)

I'd like Ash to go back to Johto, Hoenn, or Sinnoh again, but it most likely won't happen in BW since the N series will probably take place in Unova.
    Owner of the Dawn/Hikari Fanclub v.4
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12