Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why is Ash still ten? Discuss here.

Ash is still 10 because he has entered the twilight zone. I wish I could freeze my age too or at least beat other people in pokemon battles for money..
    Villager: Does your sciiiiiienceee explain why it rains?
    Sokka: YES! YES IT DOOOOOOOES

Yeah... I dunno. I feel like the problem with saying that having ash be 24 (I feel like that's somewhat extreme, he doesn't necessarily need to age a year for every real year, maybe 1 per region or something) is that it wouldn't appeal to little kids, that's why they have new protagonists. It's clear that you're not still playing as the protagonist from RBY, they even changed that up as of GSC. They could have done something very similar with the anime, if even to keep it somewhat consistent. I think it's cool that they even kept Red in the 2nd gen games as an end-of-the-game boss character, who seems to be at least somewhat of a copy of Ash from the show/ what a reasonable person could have had by the end of the first gen games.

That aside, I don't really know any good reasons for Ash to stay 10. I mean... honestly, I thought it was fine off before BW where they /specifically/ labeled his age as 10, as opposed to before where they left it open. If they had left that number out, nothing would be an issue. They could keep him 10 behind the scenes while still alluding the fact that he might not be. I haven't watched much of BW or DP so I can't judge (yet, planning on watching them soon) but that's all I can say for now.
    "Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites." -Karen

Spoiler:- CG Stuff:

No birthday cake...

Meh, it's Japanese cartoons: where you can be a hooker and have the face of a baby.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Bulbasaur View Post
    Generally, this was supposed to have the users think up some creative ways for Ash to remain 10 in the animeverse, not IRL. Because we all know that IRL, Ash is ten for money. I was thinking of some creative ways for Ash to remain 10 in animeverse-wise. It's for fun. Unfortunetly, everyone keeps saying the same thing; Ash was supposed to be Red, but he's only made for money. This isn't to complain about the problem, it's just to goof off a bit and think up some ways.

I might have to close this thread if we can't stop acting like the money thing's an issue. Everyone, have fun.
    You should bold that so people pay more attention to that.

In any case, it is still the fault of Hanyuu, because it is obviously her manipulation of time that causes this.

Spoiler:- Some Things:

Quote Originally Posted by Moonlight Absol View Post
    You should bold that so people pay more attention to that.

In any case, it is still the fault of Hanyuu, because it is obviously her manipulation of time that causes this.
    Okie dokie. I'll bold some stuff in it.

But In general, like I said before, I don't really care if Ash is older or what. What this thread was made for was for us to think of ways that it could still be possible in animeverse-wise.

Kolkolkolkolkol...
    Jesus loved us and he even died for our sake. Always remember that God loves you no matter who you are.†
    Proud fan of Umineko no Naku Koro ni and Higurashi no Naku Koro ni

Spoiler:- Credit:

Well, in-universe, I think it could be because of the aura. Ash is one of the only users left, that might be why he doesn't age like normal people do.

And well, Riley looks very young, but Byron in-game states he's far older than he seems. That shows aura might have something to do with that.
    3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

"Oh, and here is my grandson. …Erm, what was his name now?"

Ash is under a curse, and he cant turn 11 until he beats the Pokemon league. so I guess he wont be 11 any time soon

Ok ok but seriously, I think as much as they want to keep ash young so kids to relate to him, I doubt their going to take the time to redesign him to look a tiny bit older for each episode. They could do like a time skip, but his age doesn't seem that important.

Chaos made by Katatakat and Sworn Metalhead

xD Ash is in a coma state after being hit by lightning in the early episodes, which is why he docent age jk.
    Pokemon Black 2 Team:

(Jormungandr)(Skoll)(Niohoggr)(Sleipnir)(Hel)(Fimbulvetr)

because nintendo logic case and point!
    3DS FC 1220 - 6490 - 8008

Quote Originally Posted by cookies kill you View Post
    because nintendo logic case and point!
    Everyone knows the actual reason, this thread is to speculate in-universe reasons.

And it actually isn't exclusive to Nintendo.

Look,they need a protagonist for the Anime.Also,seeing to it that most kids out there,take Ash to be a mascot to them,the writers tend to keep him that way (Based upon plot poser,of course).
    Don't think they give a damn to his ate,at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    Everyone knows the actual reason, this thread is to speculate in-universe reasons.
    The best in-universe reason anyone can pull out is that the years in the anime world are really, really long. Look closer and you'll get things like the coma theory and stuff.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Quote Originally Posted by Ver-mont View Post
    That just turns this thread into a guessing game.

:|

My theory?

Dialga drank one too many Coca Colas and seriously messed up Ash's timeline.

It seems that people fail to realize that this is supposed to be a joke thread.

As someone else said,"the internal battery has died"

We all know the real reason, but from an in-universe standpoint, I think it's because this is all supposed to be taking place within a year, and his comment about Pikachu's anniversary is a simple retcon.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.

Because the writers don't care about their older audience. They only care about MONEY
    Shinies: Beast + creation trios (Gift) (In-game event) bird trio musketeer trio (SR) (search) (random), (traded away) Sylveon (trade) (MM)
    Friend code: 4356-0061-9735, Redjirachi
    UTC: +12
    Mesprit shiny hunt(on hold): 3100 SR
    Mewtwo shiny hunt: 3800 SR
    X Team: Chesnaught, Charizard, Aurorus, Tentacruel, Klefki, Malamar
    Y Team: Greninja, Venusaur, Gardevoir, Aegislash, Hawlucha, Avalugg

I like what that one guy said. "The Internal Battery died." Sounds like a plan to me.

My theory is that Ash is a god-like entity created in a lab accident in the desert. But because Dialga was off playing Gin Rummy with his good buddies Cthulhu and Asmodeus at the time, Ash has no idea this ever happened because time simply slipped past him. Thus, he is immortal.

Or you could go the obvious route and say "Without Ash, there wouldn't be a show." To that, I would say you don't know how to have fun.

Creating sentience is simple. Accepting it, however, is harder than it looks.

The anime universe makes even less, considering that newer Pokemon are introduced and they act like they've been there forever. For example, James had a Chimecho friend as a kid and Jessie said she grew up in Hoenn. Solution? Whenever history is retconned, it also erases previous episodes and thus Ash seems to progress faster and faster. What's causing it? Remember the Time Ripples, and Celebi's constant time travelling. More than one person has played around with them, and Celebi can't be trusted to prevent history changing
    Shinies: Beast + creation trios (Gift) (In-game event) bird trio musketeer trio (SR) (search) (random), (traded away) Sylveon (trade) (MM)
    Friend code: 4356-0061-9735, Redjirachi
    UTC: +12
    Mesprit shiny hunt(on hold): 3100 SR
    Mewtwo shiny hunt: 3800 SR
    X Team: Chesnaught, Charizard, Aurorus, Tentacruel, Klefki, Malamar
    Y Team: Greninja, Venusaur, Gardevoir, Aegislash, Hawlucha, Avalugg

I dunno, I personally think that they could've made Ash age slightly. At least make him 12 or 13. The age 10 thing is getting really old, and this is coming from someone who saw the very first episode when it first aired back in '98.
    Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Unova Champion

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Quote Originally Posted by RedJirachi View Post
    The anime universe makes even less, considering that newer Pokemon are introduced and they act like they've been there forever. For example, James had a Chimecho friend as a kid and Jessie said she grew up in Hoenn. Solution? Whenever history is retconned, it also erases previous episodes and thus Ash seems to progress faster and faster. What's causing it? Remember the Time Ripples, and Celebi's constant time travelling. More than one person has played around with them, and Celebi can't be trusted to prevent history changing
    Celebi is the Pokemon writing staff.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Quote Originally Posted by Terra Branford View Post
    Celebi is the Pokemon writing staff.
    yes

i'm celebi and im preventing ash from becoming 11

It's because I'm scared of that number.

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Michael View Post
    I dunno, I personally think that they could've made Ash age slightly. At least make him 12 or 13. The age 10 thing is getting really old, and this is coming from someone who saw the very first episode when it first aired back in '98.
    Technically it isn't. Get it? Yay I'm not funny.

But still, making Ash age would change nothing.
    Last edited by BurningSociety12345543210; 17th November 2012 at 3:29 PM.

Apparantly, Celebi is accompanied by the Pokémon equivalent of the kind of furries who believe every animal is as pure and good as Jesus and that Man is the Devil.

Only reason I can think of for why they'd say Darkrai isn't evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Terra Branford View Post
    The best in-universe reason anyone can pull out is that the years in the anime world are really, really long. Look closer and you'll get things like the coma theory and stuff.
    I guess that could work (if they were extremely long years).

Quote Originally Posted by Thing View Post
    That just turns this thread into a guessing game.

:|
    Indeed, but that's what the OP said after all:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Bulbasaur View Post
    I've been wondering why has Ash remained ten throughout the series in general. Sure, most likely the writers didn't want to age him because they wanted him to stay young and untainted as a character. That way, they wouldn't screw with the younger audiences that way. Also, as I read online, it was for money.

I don't like that.

Come on, let's get creative with this. Maybe in the animeverse time passes slower? Let's discuss this here. PLEASE REMAIN APPROPRIATE. And yes, maybe if Ash ages, the universe will come to an end :P

They should of made him at least 15 I think. :P
    I have autism and am proud of it!

http://totodilepika.hyperboards.com/index.php

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast