Thread: Yellow Version Opinion?

Default Yellow Version Opinion?

If I remember correctly, when Yellow version came out, it was more popular than the other two games. Now, skimming this thread, that seems to have changed. Anyone know why? Or is Yellow still popular?
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your sig if you are too.†

You're not going to have any luck trying to objectively and definitively gauge how "popular" something was a decade and change ago, much less something as ancillary as Yellow Version. One person could tell you something completely different from another person and you'd have no way of definitively proving either one wrong.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

I don't see any indication that Yellow's less popular. Why do you say that? EDIT: Rank Up!

Quote Originally Posted by BCVM22 View Post
    You're not going to have any luck trying to objectively and definitively gauge how "popular" something was a decade and change ago, much less something as ancillary as Yellow Version. One person could tell you something completely different from another person and you'd have no way of definitively proving either one wrong.
    Hmmm...I know Yellow version was the fastest-selling game when it came out, but that could've been because the Pokémon craze was in full swing when it was released. I'm guess not looking for an objective answer. I'm not sure what I'm looking for. Maybe a better question would be "Do you like yellow version?" or "Has your opinion changed since it was released?"
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your sig if you are too.†

Quote Originally Posted by pacman000 View Post
    Maybe a better question would be "Do you like yellow version?" or "Has your opinion changed since it was released?"
    Yeah, those are better options, particular the latter question. So I'll go ahead and answer that.

Not really. Despite it not working anymore, Pokémon Yellow still holds a special place in my heart for being my first Pokémon game. There are days where I wish I could replay it personally instead of watching let's plays especially now that I know you can do the Mew Glitch on Yellow. There's just something endearing about it despite being the oddball of the game continuity. I dunno, I guess I always did like the fact I could be Ash (in a way) and be able to fight the Rocket Trio for being minibosses. I remember the surprise I got when I (finally) reached the exit to Mount Moon, and all of a sudden they jumped me. I don't remember if my Pokémon were in good shape or not, but even then, I thought it was really cool. Far as I remember, I didn't know when to expect them, so I always looked forward to meeting them again.

I also wish I could play Yellow again and do it normally instead of constantly asking for help. I was pretty dumb/inexperienced as a kid, so I was constantly asking a neighborhood kid for help, and I cheated by trading for powerful Pokémon early on, much to my eventual frustration. Had to learn those things the hard way, but in hindsight, that was part of the experience of Pokémon. I had to make mistakes to learn like all new gamers, and it was fun. Pokémon Yellow was fun, even if it was pretty much the anime in game format.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

I enjoyed it. You could be like Ash and get all three starters as well as Pikachu. You could also get stuff like Pidgeotto at level 9 in Viridian Forest.

Anyone who watched and loved the anime when it came out wanted to by this game thats why it had such a success. Personally I too got into Pokemon because of the anime and after having played r/b/y I would say I prefer yellow. The sprites look alot better from the first two, all the starters are available and you get to battle Jessie, James and Meowth. The only downside was you can't evolve the Pikachu you start with by using a thunderstone.

This game was made for the anime fans and unlike the show in the game Ash actually becomes a pokemon master (well in mine anyway) I could carry on but then this would turn into a rant on the anime and thats best saved for aniem sections.
    So much to do yet no desire to do anything...

<------------------------ Lucky

I'm not sure how popular it was, but I really liked the game. I liked it beter than Red.

When it came to the original Pokemon games Red, Blue, and Yellow, it didn't matter which game was popular because there were all enjoyable.
    As far as Pokemon Yellow go, It is definitely one of my favorite Pokemon games of All-Time.
    I Love the fact that Pokemon Yellow was based on the Original Series of the Pokemon Anime where Pikachu was following Ash around his entire journey. Another thing that I liked about the game was that the Sprites was a huge improvement from Red and Blue.
    This game was a huge part of my childhood. :)

Credit to Wulava for the Artwork. Thanks so much ^_^