Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ash's Six Strongest Pokémon

Heracross has always been the Pokemon I've been confused about. It beat what, Scizor, Magmar and Kricketune? None of those wins are that notable, and definitely not enough to put him "up there". Sure, it damaged Darkrai, but so did Gible! Heracross is strong, but not strong enough to count as one of Ash's strongest.

The first five are obvious, not really sure about the sixth though I've always liked to think of Glalie as one of his strongest. It doesn't really compare to Charizard and co. but it was a beast in the Hoenn league. Swellow could possibly take the sixth spot too.
    Last edited by Valoo.; 26th January 2013 at 6:07 PM.

I think his 5 strongest pokemon are:

-Pikachu: Major battles: vs Lt. Surge's Raichu, vs Drake's Dragonite, vs Brandon's Regice, vs Flint's Infernape, vs Volkner's Electivire, vs Tobias's Latios, vs Cameron's Lucario.

-Charizard: Major battles: vs Blaine's Magmar, vs Tad's Poliwrath, vs Drake's Electabuzz, vs Drake's Dragonite, vs Falkner's Pidgeot, vs Clair's Dragonair, vs Gary's Blastoise, Scizor and Golem, vs Harrison's Blaziken, vs Noland's Articuno, vs Brandon's Dusclops.

-Snorlax: Major battles: vs Raiden's Feraligatr, vs Clair's Kingdra, vs Clair's Gyarados, vs Gary's Arcanine, Nidoqueen and Scizor, vs Harrison's Hypno, Steelix and Houndoom, vs Greta's Hariyama and Medicham, both wins with disadvantage.

-Sceptile: Major battles: As Grovyle: vs Norman's Slaking, vs Winona's Altaria, vs Katie's Walrein, vs wild Deoxys. As Sceptile: vs Spencer's Shiftry, vs Spencer's Claydol, vs Brandon's Regirock, vs May's Blaziken, vs Tobias's Darkrai and Latios.

-Infernape: As Chimchar and Monferno: vs Paul's Ursaring, vs Fantina's Mismagius and Drifblim, vs Byron's Bronzor and Steelix, vs Candice's Abomasnow, vs Paul's Electabuzz. As Infernape: vs Flint's Infernape, vs Volkner's Jolteon, vs Volkner's Luxray, vs Paul's Aggron, Ninjask and Electivire.

For the 6th slot, I think one of these pokemon is probably his 6th strongest pokemon:

-Bulbasaur: In the episode "Princess vs Princess", Ash give him to Misty for a competition. There Bulbasaur fight and win vs: Kingler, Pinsir, Cubone, Raticate and Graveler, showing it is extremely strong. Major battles: vs Jeanette Fisher's Beadrill and Scyther, vs Drake's Electabuzz, vs Misty's Poliwhirl, vs Jackson's Magneton, vs Jackson's Meganium. The last battle show that although he isn't evolved, he is as strong as a 3rd stage pokemon is. Then: vs Brandon's Dusclops and vs Brandon's Solrock.

-Heracross: Major battles: vs Scizor (don't remember trainer's name), vs Gary's Magmar and Blastoise, vs Spencer's Venusaur, vs Nando's Kricketune and vs Tobias's Darkrai.

-Squirtle: Major battles: vs Machamp, vs Nidorino, vs Rudy's Starmie, vs Drake's Onix, vs Drake's Dragonite, vs Macey's Quilava and Electabuzz. Finally vs Brandon's Solrock and Ninjask. He showed that he is very strong and can held its own against bigger and stronger pokemon despite he is unevolved.

And Swellow, Donphan and Glalie, maybe even Noctowl are strong pokemon that can be in that 6th slot too.

Pikachu
    Charizard
    Infernape
    Sceptile
    Torterra
    Staraptor/Swellow/Heracross (not sure)

Pokémon Link is back!

Forget all the EV, EXP or whatever formulae, the most important and fundamental equation in the world of Pokémon is the following:

Games =/= Anime

I claimed

Pikachu - much as I hate to say so.
    Snorlax - It's Snorlax for pete's sake.
    Charizard - Fought Entei; Pretty strong.
    Sceptile - Best of the starters in it's region; really got most of the shining moments, and was proven to be strong.
    Infernape - See Sceptile.

Honestly not sure about the 6th, I'd say Krookodile.

Never Give Up

Ash's Main Six

Charizard - Defeated Noland's Articuno cleanly, has held its own vs. Many notable opponents. If Blaze was activated who knows ...

Sceptile - Defeated Tobias' Darkrai - Only known pokemon to do so. The fastest of Ash's pokemon utilizing his speed and power gives Ash a significant advantage

Pikachu - Defeated Regice cleanly, tied with a fresh Latios that barrel had damage done to it prior to the battle

Infernape - Without Blaze activated, Infernape has shown the ability to take down opponents with ease

Snorlax - A competent battler who has shown to be a bit faster than other Snorlax. Has a slight speed advantage to bigger opponents

Krookodile - The newest addition to this list. Krookodile has demonstrated abilities to be a power house. By far his best Unova pokemon.
    Let there be rock

My teams

1. Charizard, Pidgeot, Alakazam, Dragonite, Snorlax and Arcanine

2 Typhlosion, Houndoom, Scisor, Tyranitar, Umbreon and Espeon

3. Sceptile, Salamence, Absol, Flygon, Metagross and Milotic

4 Infernape, Staraptor, Garchomp, Electivire, Lucario and Toxicroak

5. Samurott, Zoroark, Braviary, Krookodile, Hydreigon and Eelektross

white fc : 1592 - 4330 - 4426

The six strongest would be :

1)Pikachu(at the end of the region) : His Ace pokemon and defeated two legendaries

2)Charizard : His powerhouse pokemon who might even be his strongest pokemon so far.Defeated a legendary,a pseudo legendary and multiple other pokemons

3) Sceptile : His fastest and most agile pokemon so far .Also the only pokemon shown to have been able to defeat Darkrai who is the strongest pokemon Ash has fought officially before.

4)Infernape : A very strong pokemon even when Blaze is activated and even without Blaze is still quite strong

5)Snorlax : Although he is big he is quite fast and is ridiculously tanky. Defeated Gary's Nidoqueen and Arcanine and also defeated Harrison's Steelix and Hypno and also defeated Greta Hariyama and Medicham even with the type disadvantage

Now the six strongest pokemon is hard to find since there are a lot of candidates.

This includes Krookodile who was Ash's strongest Unova pokemon and also managed to defeat Iris's Dragonite,Glaile who was quite strong,Heracross who has been used in man important battles before and Swellow who is Ash's strongest bird pokemon. Although I do see Greninja becoming a part of the six strongest if Ash evolves Froakie

I cant wait to see this thread in 6 years, and how we will need to boot someone off the list, when Ash gets a gen 7 powerhouse.

Credit goes to Sworn Metalhead of Dćdric designs.

Quote Originally Posted by phanpycross View Post
    I cant wait to see this thread in 6 years, and how we will need to boot someone off the list, when Ash gets a gen 7 powerhouse.
    If he gets a gen 7 powerhouse.

We're probably going to have to boot the wildcard 6th spot off for Greninja (if the writers don't decide to troll us). I do wonder if a Gen 7 Pokémon would be able to boot someone off the list. Guess we'll have to wait and see

Signature Credit: The Comet
    My Tumblr

In terms of ratio's Ash has 6 Pokemon in terms of Win/Loss

As an evolved pokemon Infernape has a ratio of 3-0 in official league battles, Paul's Aggron, Ninjask and Electivire. 2 battles had the abled assistance with Blaze

Charizard with a respectable win-loss of 7-3 in official league competition

Sceptile with an impressive win-loss ratio of 6-4 in official league competition.

Snorlax a powerful league battler with a 6-2 ratio in league completion

Krookodile is an even 2-0 in the league in Unova

Pikachu is 12-4 in official league competition

Pikachu, Charizard, Sceptile, Snorlax, Infernape, Krookodile is his ideal lineup with their impressive league battles.

Infernape and Krookodile haven't gotten enough league exposure. Those two need more exposure in the pokemon leagues. Give those other guys a break and give these two a shot. Torte era though needs at least a win under his belt
    Last edited by Darkrai619; 21st May 2014 at 11:11 PM.
    Let there be rock

My teams

ScrewAttack compiled a list of OFFICIAL BATTLES (League Battles, Gym Battles, Battle Frontier, Whirl Cup) for Ash's Pokemon (not sure how accurate but it's ScrewAttack so it can be trusted)
    PS this is pre-XY
    Charizard: 11 Wins 0 Draws 6 Losses
    Win Ratio: .65
    Win + Draw Ratio: .65
    Loss Ratio: .35

Pikachu: 47 Wins 3 Draws 29 Losses
    Win Ratio: .59
    Win + Draw Ratio: ..63
    Loss Ratio: .37

Infernape: 10 Wins 0 Draws 2 Losses
    Win Ratio: .83
    Win + Draw Ratio: .83
    Loss Ratio: .17

Snorlax: 8 Wins 0 Draws 3 Losses
    Win Ratio: .73
    Win + Draw Ratio: .73
    Loss Ratio: .27

Sceptile: 8 Wins 0 Draws 10 Losses
    Win Ratio: .44
    Win + Draw Ratio: .44
    Loss Ratio: .5

Now the battle about the elusive 6th spot
    Krookodile: 3 Wins 0 Draws 1 Loss
    Win Ratio: .75
    Win + Draw Ratio: .75
    Loss Ratio: .25

Kingler: 5 Wins 0 Draws 2 Losses
    Win Ratio: .71
    Win + Draw Ratio: .71
    Loss Ratio: .29

Glalie: 4 Wins 2 Draws 1 Loss
    Win Ratio: .57
    Win + Draw Ratio: .86
    Loss Ratio: .14

Statistically speaking Ash's best team would be Infernape, Krookodile, Snorlax, Kingler, Glalie, Gible and his worst would be Pidgeot, Snivy, Torkoal, Tauros, Unfezant, Boldore
    Of course stats don't tell the whole story

Link for those interested: http://www.screwattack.com/news/comp...s-pok%C3%A9mon
    Last edited by Dark/Legendary Master; 21st May 2014 at 10:39 PM.

Signature Credit: The Comet
    My Tumblr

Pikachu, Charizard, Infernape, Sceptile, Snorlax, Glalie

Quote Originally Posted by Dark/Legendary Master View Post
    ScrewAttack compiled a list of OFFICIAL BATTLES (League Battles, Gym Battles, Battle Frontier, Whirl Cup) for Ash's Pokemon (not sure how accurate but it's ScrewAttack so it can be trusted)
    PS this is pre-XY
    Charizard: 11 Wins 0 Draws 6 Losses
    Win Ratio: .65
    Win + Draw Ratio: .65
    Loss Ratio: .35

Pikachu: 47 Wins 3 Draws 29 Losses
    Win Ratio: .59
    Win + Draw Ratio: ..63
    Loss Ratio: .37

Infernape: 10 Wins 0 Draws 2 Losses
    Win Ratio: .83
    Win + Draw Ratio: .83
    Loss Ratio: .17

Snorlax: 8 Wins 0 Draws 3 Losses
    Win Ratio: .73
    Win + Draw Ratio: .73
    Loss Ratio: .27

Sceptile: 8 Wins 0 Draws 10 Losses
    Win Ratio: .44
    Win + Draw Ratio: .44
    Loss Ratio: .5

Now the battle about the elusive 6th spot
    Krookodile: 3 Wins 0 Draws 1 Loss
    Win Ratio: .75
    Win + Draw Ratio: .75
    Loss Ratio: .25

Kingler: 5 Wins 0 Draws 2 Losses
    Win Ratio: .71
    Win + Draw Ratio: .71
    Loss Ratio: .29

Glalie: 4 Wins 2 Draws 1 Loss
    Win Ratio: .57
    Win + Draw Ratio: .86
    Loss Ratio: .14

Statistically speaking Ash's best team would be Infernape, Krookodile, Snorlax, Kingler, Glalie, Gible and his worst would be Pidgeot, Snivy, Torkoal, Tauros, Unfezant, Boldore
    Of course stats don't tell the whole story

Link for those interested: http://www.screwattack.com/news/comp...s-pok%C3%A9mon
    Thanks for the help, all I did was calculate the 5 leagues. Not the gyms and what not, but you do see what I was getting at. Stats and numbers aren't the entire story. Some are depicted to be really stronger then others. It's all about performing well in the battle provided. Their was one battle I do remember it was Ash's Torkoal vs. Registeel in the second chance battle to get the final symbol in the battle frontier and that was the best performance I've seen any body do on this show that resulted in a loss. So numbers aren't everything. They just have a represention about them that they deserve the spotlight more than others.
    Let there be rock

My teams

I'm in agreement with most people when it comes to Ash's current Top 5. Pikachu, Charizard, Sceptile, Infernape (likely a reserve though), and Snorlax. My opinion on the 6th though will probably prove to be unconventional and is based on potential hype.

I think his 6th strongest will prove to be Primeape. Remember he is still a part of Ash's roster, and he has been in training since Kanto. I don't think he has been forgotten, so he will probably be a beast when/if he comes back.

I don't think that would be necessary: instead of booting someone off, we could just mark the potential seventh Pokemon as a reserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrow-Jolteon View Post
    I don't think that would be necessary: instead of booting someone off, we could just mark the potential seventh Pokemon as a reserve.
    Infernape is the Reserve. Whatever Gen 7 powerhouse (if he gets one) would probably take his place.

Infernape has the best ration, has demonstrated the most visually powerful attacks in the entire anime, and has access to a super powered mode that can arguably be stronger than some Mega Evolutions.

How the heck are you guys considering him a reserve?
    I don't get how underappreciated Infernape is. I really don't.
    Is it because most people don't want to upset the balance of Ash's Charizard being his strongest pokemon, as both it and Infernape share the same primary type?

EDIT: My list

-Infernape
    -Charizard
    -Snorlax
    -Kingler
    -Sceptile
    -Staraptor (though I agree he and Swellow are at about the same level, with Swellow being more agile and swift and Staraptor being more physically powerful and beastly)
    Last edited by niedude; 30th May 2014 at 9:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Pikachu
    Charizard
    Snorlax
    Sceptile
    Infernape

These are by far his strongest as for the 6th they are debatable.
    Have you listed them according top power? because Pikachu isn't stronger than Charizard, Snorlax, Sceptile

Quote Originally Posted by niedude View Post
    Infernape has the best ration, has demonstrated the most visually powerful attacks in the entire anime, and has access to a super powered mode that can arguably be stronger than some Mega Evolutions.

How the heck are you guys considering him a reserve?
    I don't get how underappreciated Infernape is. I really don't.
    Is it because most people don't want to upset the balance of Ash's Charizard being his strongest pokemon, as both it and Infernape share the same primary type?

EDIT: My list

-Infernape
    -Charizard
    -Snorlax
    -Kingler
    -Sceptile
    -Staraptor (though I agree he and Swellow are at about the same level, with Swellow being more agile and swift and Staraptor being more physically powerful and beastly)
    He's a Fire-type, but it's more than that. Infernape is too reliant on Blaze. This means his base stats suffer when you compare it to Charizard and Sceptile. The reason he's as low as he is because people think the three above him can win before Infernape activates Blaze. That and they have knocked out Legendaries which Infernape has yet to do. If Infernape can improve its normal stats, then it will go higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno792 View Post
    Have you listed them according top power? because Pikachu isn't stronger than Charizard, Snorlax, Sceptile
    Pikachu is greater than Snorlax due to being Ash's Starter and knocking out Legendaries. Strength is more than simply Power (which Snorlax has a whole lot of).
    Last edited by nameman; 31st May 2014 at 5:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nameman View Post
    He's a Fire-type, but it's more than that. Infernape is too reliant on Blaze. This means his base stats suffer when you compare it to Charizard and Sceptile. The reason he's as low as he is because people think the three above him can win before Infernape activates Blaze. That and they have knocked out Legendaries which Infernape has yet to do. If Infernape can improve its normal stats, then it will go higher.

Pikachu is greater than Snorlax due to being Ash's Starter and knocking out Legendaries. Strength is more than simply Power (which Snorlax has a whole lot of).
    Pikachu has knocked out Legendaries because it had a chance to. It has taken part in much more battles than Snorlax. Snorlax is not all about power, it has experience as well as strength
    Don't forget if Pikachu has lost to the weakest of Pokemon as well.

Pikachu has knocked out Legendaries because it had a chance to. It has taken part in much more battles than Snorlax. Snorlax is not all about power, it has experience as well as strength
    Don't forget if Pikachu has lost to the weakest of Pokemon as well.
    At the beginning of a series when the writers intentionally nerf him (the nerfing's less this series). At the end of a series, he is at his peak and proves himself one of Ash's strongest.

Doesn't every Fire starter Pokémon have Blaze ability? So the whole argument that Infernape is the strongest because of Blaze is moot, because Charizard has it as well, and has never been shown having to rely or use it to win.

Quote Originally Posted by nameman View Post
    At the beginning of a series when the writers intentionally nerf him (the nerfing's less this series). At the end of a series, he is at his peak and proves himself one of Ash's strongest.
    Even though, the writers make him weak at the beginning of the series, it is still counted as canon.
    And he lost to Korrina's lucario in last episode, without even doing any damage to him. If that's what you call strong, then......

Even though, the writers make him weak at the beginning of the series, it is still counted as canon.
    And he lost to Korrina's lucario in last episode, without even doing any damage to him. If that's what you call strong, then......
    That the nerfing's less doesn't mean he's not nerfed, canon or not. Plus, this is a Lucario that will be capable of using Mega Evolution. That it is that strong naturally shouldn't be a surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by 0ddish View Post
    Doesn't every Fire starter Pokémon have Blaze ability? So the whole argument that Infernape is the strongest because of Blaze is moot, because Charizard has it as well, and has never been shown having to rely or use it to win.
    You clearly never saw DP, because that whole season focused on how Infernape's Blaze was very, very special. It was a unique form of Blaze that gave it a power up visually comparable to that of modern day Mega Evolutions.

And I really disagree with Infernape being considered inferior without Blaze. It's had plenty of battles without Blaze where it showed it's worth as a relentless and powerful pokemon, with an unending sleeve of tricks and the power to match, that becomes nigh unstopable once its true strength is unleashed.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast