Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: what is your favorite pokemon generation

From Generation 3 and onwards. I love Staryu, Starmie, Victreebel, and the Eeveelutions, but Kanto and Johto aren't very interesting to me.

A tie between Gen 1 and 2 (including their remakes).

These two generations are what completely defined Pokemon in it's early days.
    Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Unova Champion

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Hoenn gave me my fave pokemon but Gen IV just shines. D/P/Pt HG/SS love em all.
    My Favorite Pokemon
    Zangoose --- Moonlight_Tails --- November 22nd, 2013

I loved Gen III the most. It seemed to be the best sequel at the least, if not the best Gen to me, with an awesome array of Pokemon, designs, etc.

Spoiler:- Credits:

I have claimed Chance by UVERworld!

In order:

Kanto
    Johto
    Sinnoh
    Unova

Hoenn

mine is II. you had it all, Johto, Kanto, 16 gyms, battle tower (if you got crystal), breeding, held items. Though I do enjoy the later generations and their improvements.

Looking for: Lansat & Staraf Berries
    Have Enigma Berry and every other berry if you're willing to help out?

My favorite is Generation 3! ^_^

It's the Generation I started with, I love Torchic, I love the Hoenn Region and every Pokemon in it, it's so nostalgic, and finally, I just love the Pokemon Theme Song Unbeatable!

Quote Originally Posted by Savanny
    This place is deader than my pets I have buried in the backyard...

My favorite generation was generation III.

I loved every single pokemon designe in gen III (excluding Spidna and Tropius). I liked all of the starters, I loved the weather trio, some people did not like Brendan's design, but I did. The city's where all different so that was cool(Sinnoh has like 2 towns in a hill and surrounded by grass). I also liked the plot and the old man with the wingul... XD Butvone thing I did not like as much was the gym leaders I like better the gym leaders in Kanto Johto.

I just found it to be a great generation. It is also the generation I fell in love with Pokemon.

RAWK ON

For me it's a tie between Gen 1, 4 and 5.
    [IMG]http://i48.*******.com/sy0adu.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/2445pqo.jpg[/IMG]
    Credit goes to eeveelover824 for the team pose and SM for the userbar

I like the third gen the best, probably because those were my first Pokemon games and there's a lot of sentiment behind them.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) NEW!! 10/11 NEW!! 10/14
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Michael View Post
    A tie between Gen 1 and 2 (including their remakes).

These two generations are what completely defined Pokemon in it's early days.
    Well considering there was nothing else to define it by....

For me it'd have to go Gen 3 > Gen 4 = Gen 5 > Gen 1 > Gen 2. LeafGreen and FireRed are easily my favourites in the whole franchise and Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald are great aswell

I like 3rd and 4th gen the most <3

My xat avvie (c) me
    {~Friend Safari : GHOST : Pumpkaboo | Golurk | Lampent~}
    {~Fire Type Cloob~}{~TEF~}
    {~Total self-caught shinies: 82~} {~Most recent shiny : 2nd Shiny Treecko(MM)~}

3DS FC : 4012-3813-9306 IGN Emii(Y version)

Gen 4, I played Diamond every day, until I got Platinum, played it a whole lot more. Big after-game, good story, everything.

Gen. 4 and 5. they had the best storyline IMO.

5th Gen is best gen.

Dat storyline, characters...really rekindled my interest in Pokemon.

I would say gen 4 is my favorite on account of Soul Silver...however I didn't find pearl interesting at all. Gen 2 > Gen 5 > Gen 4 and Gen 1 (I've never played a gen 3 game, which is why its not listed)

I don't like the pokemon designs of gen 5 very much, but I really appreciate that game freak is finally trying something new.

I'd have to say Gen IV. Pokemon Diamond is the first main game I actually played through and beat on my own. I mostly played Pokemon Stadium and thought it was super fun. I played Pokemon Crystal too, but it was my older brother's and he got up to Blackthorn City. I had no idea what was going on so I just ran around defeating everything with his Kadabra and flying with his Pidgeotto. I decided to get Pokemon Diamond one day and I beat it all by myself and that's when I started getting more into Pokemon. That's why Gen IV is my favorite.

Generation II or III
    II because of the fact you can travel through two regions
    III because it was the time I started to play and watch Pokemon, Hoenn also reminds me of my birthplace, Hawai‘i [I miss it sooo much ] because Hoenn is like a tropical island.

Magikarp used splash! It's a one-hit KO!

Gen II (including remake) and III are my favorites. Gen II due to the Pokemon, mostly, and also Silver who is my favorite rival. Gen III for the Pokemon and the story.
    Current Shiny Hunt(s):
    Snorunt (MM/Female/Timid/Moody/Spikes)
    Newest Shiny:
    Sneasel - Female - Naughty - RE @ Friend Safari
    3DS FC:
    2036-7624-8150
    Fighting Safari, Mienfoo - Pancham - Breloom
    Game List:
    Crystal
    Ruby (lost) - Emerald
    FireRed - LeafGreen (lost)
    Diamond
    SoulSilver
    White - Black 2
    X

In terms of game mechanics, I would say newest is best. I don't even remember how I played without the physical-special split and reusable TMs.
    In terms of the introduced pokemon, I would go with II. 251 was a great number and the new 100 were all very creative. I wish more generation would introduce a smaller amount like that.

Generation, as in features, gameplay, etc., that would be 4th gen.

3rd gen if we're talking about the Pokemon introduced.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

I'd have to say Gen 5. Good story, good graphics (for a Pokemon game) and the introduction of Triple and rotation battles. While yeah some of the pokemon were... uncreative (didn't we already have a bear, cat and pig?), some of them were really cool (too bad Accelgor is underrated). Though White is so far my favorite in the series, White 2 is very impressive to me, even though i just beat Burgh earlier today.
    [IMG]http://i51.*******.com/11lihjr.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i51.*******.com/11lihjr.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i51.*******.com/11lihjr.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i51.*******.com/11lihjr.gif[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i43.*******.com/11i1u8j.png[/IMG]

Credit to Mew_ for the banner and pokemon player for the Growlithe Lickies.

generation 2 is my favorite that is no 1 place where all of my best memories come from not to mention it was before people went crazy over the whole EV training, etc scenario and when MOST every pokemon had a chance to shine.
    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says,
    If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father at the gates of Heaven.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
    for those of you who are interested here is my link to my youtube account: http://www.youtube.com/user/pokedigijedi

Trade shop: pokedigijedi's bounty board
    3DS FRIEND CODE: 4382-2152-1254 friend safari type: poison pokemon ariados, kakuna, and muk. please don't take too long too add me it drives me crazy and I will delete your friend code

Gen 5! IMO, some of the most epic designs and and the epicest storyline, best Gym Leaders, best region, best Elite Four, best champions, best starters, best Professor, best starting towns, Entralink, graphics, White Forest etc.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your sig if you are too.†
    I treat my Pokemon like family. Copy and Paste this in your sig if you do too.
    Animal abuse is horrible if you agree copy this into your signature (started by Tepig Rules)
    ~The right thing to guide us, is right here inside us, no-one can divide us, when the light is nearly gone~- When We Stand Together, By Nickelback.

Spoiler:- Credit:

In terms of Pokemon introduced, probably Gen III. The designs were just so cool in my opinion.

All in all, however, I have to go with Gen I. I remember playing Blue and Yellow for hours and hours on end, and if it wasn't for those games I probably wouldn't be into Pokemon as much as I am now.
    White FC: 1936-0798-9670
    White 2 FC: 4256-1519-7273
    3DS FC: 1864-9756-1181
    Friend Safari: Fighting Type
    Hariyama, Sawk, and Machoke

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast