Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you feel obliged to support canon ships?

No, I support what I want. I'm a huge PokeShipper and don't support any rival shippings of it, and if any rival shipping would become canon, I'd still remain a PokeShipper.

However, I mostly do like shippings that are hinted at in the anime. From the seven Pokemon shippings I truly consider myself a supporter of, four (Poke-, Luck-, Handyman- and ContestShipping) are very strongly hinted at in the anime:
    - Ash x Misty
    - Ash's Pikachu x Misty's Togetic
    - Brock x Lucy
    - Tracey x Daisy
    - Drew x May
    - Zoey x Dawn
    - Cilan x Iris

However, I support these shippings because I genuinely like them, not because four from the seven are hinted at by the writers. Yes, those hints convinced me, but if I'd see the hints and not genuinely like it, I wouldn't support it.

i support canon ships whatever happens at the end either ending together or not

Only if I like 'em. If Sasuke and Sakura turned out to be canon, I'd be kinda peeved. I don't really care if they're canon or not but it's kinda influential, y'know?
    ~Let's all find Sasukeeeee~
    Name: Hime
    Currently playing: Drawn to Life
    Next up: Drawn to Life: The Next Chapter
    Favourite Pokémon: Pancham

No, there's canon ships that i didn't support, Like Hikari X Manaka (Nagi no asukara), i think you should ship whatever you want
    The World is mine ♥

"Love You Mama, Love You May"

AdvanceShipping PokéShipping WishfulShipping SequelShipping

I'll support them but only if I really like them. I know a lot of people shipped Franticshipping from the manga and that's a canon ship they confessed but I never really got into it, tbh. But then again, that's just me.

I'm a Cavaliershipper but even if Gary and Dawn didn't end up with each other, I'd still remain a Cavaliershipper.

No. I do tend to support canon ships, because I need interaction and chemistry to get into one... and naturally authors tend to put the most interaction and chemistry into the canon ship. Also, it really bums me out when something I ship gets trumped by something else becoming canon; I know the characters aren't real, but the emotional side of my brain will not be convinced that this is true. I'll try to like the canon ship to increase my enjoyment of whatever the work is... but it's not like I feel obligated.
    These are my fanfics. Read them. Or not, whatever.
    Pokemon Generations: Satsumi's Journey (Chapter 1 Now Up!)
    My Fanfiction.net Profile

This is my Tumblr. Read it if you are so inclined.
    The Philosophy of Shipping (shipdr.tumblr.com)

I usually at least find the canon ship cute. I can't think of one franchise where I loathed a canon ship (though none of my NOTPs have ever really become canon). That said, they aren't always my OTP. I generally ship based on interactions (or headcanon interactions in things like the Pokémon games), which usually involves the canon OTP for obvious reasons but not always. Sometimes I find a character's interactions with a non-canon partner more endearing.

Did anybody outside of Japan support Matt X Sora? Sometimes the canon pairing sucks.
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven. That which we are, we are. One equal temper of heroic hearts. Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
    Thank you FairyWitch for the banner!

Not really, I mean most shippings defy any sort of logic, so I don't really feel the need to constrain myself to ones that are cannon.
    To lack fear is stupidity, to face it is bravery.

nope. I was a hard shipper of Seddie in iCarly, and Creddie turned out to be canon, but still didn't ship. I also don't ship starfire and robin in teentitans either. I don't ship alot of canon ships
    ☠Two street thug sisters and Death The Kid☠

Hell no, excuse my language. But I don't ever feel like I've got to support only canon shippings. I mean all of my major shippings I support are in Pokémon. And would the writers ever make a ship canon? Nope, so I don't feel like I have to. I only support ships I find cute, interesting, or have good chemistry.

I used to believe that you HAD to ship canon ships. But back then I was younger, dumber, didn't care much about shipping nor know what it was, and I wasn't in this fandom. (Hey, I was only 5, 6, or 7-ish!)
    Need to complete the Pokedex!

Anna the Pokémon Breeder and hopefully future Coordinator

Planned ORAS Team:

I never really cared if ships are canon or not. If they are, good for me, but if they aren't, I just imagine headcanons where they end together.

I've never felt like I had to support canon ships. There are a few ships I support that are canon (and only one of them I absolutely love, the others I'm just like "Yeah, they're cute" ), but the majority of my favorite ships are all non-canon and will probably stay that way unfortunately. I can hope though!
    Favorite Pokemon Ever: Ho-Oh
    Because of a holographic Ho-Oh card I got a long time ago when I was sick. Made my day better .
    I have officially claimed Ho-Oh and Trevor!
    Shiny Pokemon:
    Dragalge,NoivernClauncer
    KlefkiDelphox x2PumpkabooDedenne
    Most Recent Shiny(not counting events):

I've never felt like I had to support canon ships, tbh. Sure, there are some ships that I like that are canon but majority of the ones that I do support aren't. If I like the two characters together, I'll ship them together. If I don't, then I won't.

Credit | Author's Profile | Multi-Shipper ☆ Drew fan | Status: Inactive

I don't feel obligated to ship canon ships, though normally I do just because of how the story unfolds and how the characters in the ship have interacted or if the context is there. I don't mind it. If I like it, I like it.

In-game Name: Monica
    3DS Friend Code: 5026-4978-3429

Thank you PopPrincess_Lyra for the awesome ResistanceShipping banner!

In the name of every deity to ever have or will have existed somewhere in our world, NO!

In fact, 02's Canon Shipping (Sorato) is probably the one I'm the most opposed to; mainly because of the whole Taiora VS Sorato dispute. It's not that big of a freaking deal...
    If anyone wants to contact me, they can do so at the following sites, under the corresponding name.

Deviantart; XadhoomFanboy.
    Pojo; Xadhoom.
    FF.Net; Zero.Slash.One.
    Serebii Forums; Xadhoom.
    Youtube; Xadhoom Xado.
    MangaFox; Xadhoom.

I swear I didn't mean to kill that thread! Or the other one! Or any of the twenty-fifty threads I've killed. It was pure luck!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12