Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 181

Thread: It's not THAT Bad

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    dere in the sheets
    Posts
    9,116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shen Sorein View Post
    So I do feel the bad rap the game's gotten is a little undeserved. Everyone wanted it to be another FFVII or something, with the same overused styles and fallbacks: airships, open-world maps, experience and leveling up, and a 'go at your own pace' thing. This one dared to be different, and I am one of the few ones proud to applaud it for this. It was entertaining, sexy to look at with those graphics, and fun to keep going back into.
    This is where I disagree. I've never even played a FF game before(I was a Tales and DQ kid) so I had no prior version to compare it to. I didn't want a FFVII(I have no idea what the hell it's even about), I just wanted JRPG, which I personally feel I didn't get. It doesn't help that better jrps of this gen get overlooked for this crap.(Lost Odyssey, Tales of Vesperia and Eternal Sonata).

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    'MURICA
    Posts
    361

    Default

    Games in general. One time I was buying a game for my Lil bro as a birthday present, and in the checkout line, a lady and her son was behind me, the lady said "Another person wasting money on a video game." I turned around, and said "HA thats funny, cause I know I have money to buy these things, and I dont waste it on drugs like your skinny *** probably does." I Then collected my things, and walked out. Like a bouse.
    Btw, I was buying Pokemon black. I mean seriously? Games aint that bad.
    White friend code: 0347 5916 2191
    Black 2 friend code: 0820 1802 1694

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Wherever you want it baby
    Posts
    277

    Default

    I do not get why many Kirby fans dislike Amazing Mirror. Besides the dumb Ai, the game was fantastic. It is actually my favorite Kirby game of all time. Yes, even more than Super Star. Though I do have yet to play Return to Dream Land, so my opinion might change if I play that.
    My FC is 1506 8504 1063

    Pokemon Black team: The sixth spot is for whatever I feel like using at the time.


    Looking for:

    Pm me If you have any of these and I'll see if we can work something out.

    My favorite Pokemon:

    Shinies:


    A man once told me I can't have my cake and eat it too. I then proceeded to eat not only my cake but his as well.

    What if the stickers are the only things made in China?

  4. #54
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Miami
    Posts
    5,130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ImAnOKIE12 View Post
    I turned around, and said "HA thats funny, cause I know I have money to buy these things, and I dont waste it on drugs like your skinny *** probably does." I Then collected my things, and walked out. Like a bouse
    Why do you enjoy lying on the Internet?

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Where the wind blows
    Posts
    4,694

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ImAnOKIE12 View Post
    I Then collected my things, and walked out. Like a bouse.
    How does one walk out like a piece of Women clothing?


    "Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

    You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

    twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

  6. #56

    Default

    Arc Rise Fantasia. Just some of the VA is bad, but the RPG in its core is pretty good and the story IS complicated yet addicting (every single faction, be it government or religious, is connected in some ways).

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    corn country
    Posts
    3,918

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Savvao View Post
    Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman/Colonel

    Though I would admit it was my first MMBN game. But I had fun playing this game. The story did suck and the music was awesome. I was very addicted to the battle system and it's missions. I can see why people hated it because it was basically the same thing since the last 4 games. Although I can't argue because I didn't play neither of them. But I think having a team was clever.

    Btw I owned the Team Protoman one. Oh I wish I could find it again.

    I probably sold it. :3
    Battle Network 5 was great. The story was lame, yes, but there've always been a lot of holes in the games' plots. It's difficult for me to choose a version, because each one has pretty cool Navis. (ProtoMan has NapalmMan, Colonel has KnightMan. Just as examples.)

    Quote Originally Posted by Shen Sorein View Post
    <snip>
    I think you're taking this a little too seriously.
    3DS FC: 3926-4256-2399
    Ingame name: Coatlicue

    The usual links

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    330

    Default

    E.T. for the Atari 2600 isn't as bad as (almost) everyone says, it just needs some polish. A lot of polish.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your sig if you are too.†

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Far from human
    Posts
    1,507

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    I partially disagree. While those other things are it's strong points, I still enjoy the gameplay. Riding your horse around the massive world and fighting gigantic monsters is fuggin' exhilarating.
    Well, yeah, but I mean, the gameplay wasn't meant to be the focus of the game. It was still good, though.

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Angel Land, Skyworld
    Posts
    504

    Default

    I don't really understand all the hate on Final Fantasy XIII either. I think the battle system is awesome and the game is great ^_^. I'm currently trying to max out my Crystarium levels in post game and get the Platinum. And the story does make sense, if you've read the database entries which fills you in bit by bit as you go through each chapter. People compare it to other FF Games too much when it tried something different that worked. I loved Final Fantasy VIII as well, even though most people seem to hate that too |D. The Junction system was tricky to use but could be great if tweaked/ redone for another game.

    Shadow the Hedgehog's alright too. I'm not just saying that because I love Shadow though; the story was pretty bad and it isn't as good gameplay wise as Adventure 1 + 2, but it isn't unplayable either. Some of the levels are really fun and the Hero/Dark/Neutral mission choices and multiple endings were kind of cool~

    Phantom Hourglass is really underrated IMO. It has improved ship travelling than Wind Waker and some great items/weapons, plus LINEBECK.
    ~Graoo!~



    ~Mightyena lover and Shiny Hunter~

    [Pokemon Y Friend Safari: Fire--- Magmar, Larvesta and Braxien]

  11. #61
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    5,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pacman000 View Post
    E.T. for the Atari 2600 isn't as bad as (almost) everyone says, it just needs some polish. A lot of polish.
    Most videogames based off of movies have turned out to be sh#t either way, then again this game technically was the first to do so.
    3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122

    Baking Soda, I got Baking Soda!


  12. #62
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    180

    Default

    StarFox Adventures

    Yeah, I said it. I enjoy it more than most SF games actually.

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Terra
    Posts
    1,890

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shen Sorein View Post
    So I do feel the bad rap the game's gotten is a little undeserved. Everyone wanted it to be another FFVII or something, with the same overused styles and fallbacks: airships, open-world maps, experience and leveling up, and a 'go at your own pace' thing. This one dared to be different, and I am one of the few ones proud to applaud it for this. It was entertaining, sexy to look at with those graphics, and fun to keep going back into.
    So explain all the praise IX and X get even though they didn't try to just be another VII. Get a better excuse and come back. Changing up the system isn't always a good thing, it's worked in the past, doesn't mean it's going to work every time. I'm not saying XIII is a bad game, the latter half is actually quite good but that still doesn't save it from having a horrible start.

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    6,080

    Default

    Holy...4 pages in 2 days?! Wow, that's got to be a new record. Anyways, looks like the newest Paper Mario title has been getting hit and miss reception. We'll see what happens Sunday.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    United Kingdom & Ireland
    Posts
    1,618

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Holy...4 pages in 2 days?!
    There must be like 20 of us sitting here, looking at OVGD waiting for a decent thread to appear. I'm surely not the only one doing that, considering this just happened
    Last.fm | Steam ID
    Nostalgia

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Where the wind blows
    Posts
    4,694

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ambri View Post
    Shadow the Hedgehog's alright too. I'm not just saying that because I love Shadow though; the story was pretty bad and it isn't as good gameplay wise as Adventure 1 + 2, but it isn't unplayable either. Some of the levels are really fun and the Hero/Dark/Neutral mission choices and multiple endings were kind of cool~
    -gun aiming homes on enemies regardless if you are on the good side or bad side.
    -Aliens will attack you even if you are on their side.
    -Having to replay the first level many times just to get the final ending.
    -The story borders on fanfic level.
    -The gameplay is really slow for a character who is meant to be fast.
    - Shadow's attack are pitifully weak so not using a gun isn't fun.
    - Chaos control is useless if you are doing the good side mission, since most of them require you to find a certain item or kill a number of enemies.
    - The Super Shadow boss is badly done and take painfully long.
    -ONLY one ending is canon which you have to unlock by getting all the other endings, thus making the game a complete waste of time.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ambri View Post
    Phantom Hourglass is really underrated IMO. It has improved ship travelling than Wind Waker and some great items/weapons, plus LINEBECK.
    For some strange reason people seem to think that the touch screen control is the reason why the DS Zelda games suck. Those people are wrong.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBattleFrontierAsh1 View Post
    Most videogames based off of movies have turned out to be sh#t either way, then again this game technically was the first to do so.
    Well to be fair the Atari ET was made in 6 weeks so it was bound to play badly.

    Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Anyways, looks like the newest Paper Mario title has been getting hit and miss reception.
    Wells that what happens when you remove gaining experiences from battles, it makes the turn base battle really pointless and boring.

    Hence why I am not buying the game.


    "Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

    Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

    You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

    twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    10,289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shen Sorein View Post
    WOw, this is honestly...disappointing. My favorite game of all time (you freakin' heard me) is that despised by people like these? Makes me sad.
    What do you mean "people like these"? >_>

    Quote Originally Posted by ImAnOKIE12 View Post
    Games in general. One time I was buying a game for my Lil bro as a birthday present, and in the checkout line, a lady and her son was behind me, the lady said "Another person wasting money on a video game." I turned around, and said "HA thats funny, cause I know I have money to buy these things, and I dont waste it on drugs like your skinny *** probably does." I Then collected my things, and walked out. Like a bouse.
    Btw, I was buying Pokemon black. I mean seriously? Games aint that bad.
    Way to stick it to the man, we all believe your story and are impressed.

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Sniping losers from my yard
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    This is where I disagree. I've never even played a FF game before(I was a Tales and DQ kid) so I had no prior version to compare it to. I didn't want a FFVII(I have no idea what the hell it's even about), I just wanted JRPG, which I personally feel I didn't get. It doesn't help that better jrps of this gen get overlooked for this crap.(Lost Odyssey, Tales of Vesperia and Eternal Sonata).
    Oh believe me, I know how you feel. The game that held my fave game spot prior to FFXIII was Dragon Quest VIII, and that was a fantaaaaastic game. Storyline, graphics, humor, it had me hooked. Still does, matter of fact.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cenobitic View Post
    I think you're taking this a little too seriously.
    I don't mess around when I support something =3

    Quote Originally Posted by Ampy View Post
    So explain all the praise IX and X get even though they didn't try to just be another VII. Get a better excuse and come back. Changing up the system isn't always a good thing, it's worked in the past, doesn't mean it's going to work every time. I'm not saying XIII is a bad game, the latter half is actually quite good but that still doesn't save it from having a horrible start.
    Did I ever say that every other FF game was shite compared to this game? I think you're taking the reasons I like the game out of context.

    And no, changing up the system isn't always good. But THIS was, it was faster, it used physics rather than a dice-roll mechanic for hit or miss, and it made things feel more fluid. Once more, not my favorite battle system, but damn near close.

    One of the few complaints I had about this game was how long it took you to be able to switch up characters' line-up and the set Paradigms in the first few chapters, but that is a minor complaint for me. The game challenged you to learn to use the set Paradigms and characters it gave you, and then once everyone came together, it said, "Alright, I held your hand. YOU try and do better." And y'know what? The Boss immediately after that was a huge spike in difficulty, making you really have to think. And I LIKED that.

    Also, one thing I WOULD like to point out, is that this is my opinion, guys. I may take why this game is my favorite so seriously, but please don't think I'm gonna condemn anyone that doesn't like the game. I might make counter-arguments on why I disagree with something, but I won't think any lesser of someone for valid reasons to dislike FFXIII. It's the stupid comments and reasons I really don't like.

    One last thing: explain to me how FFXIII was "merely trying to be another FFVII," please. And let's not say "female Cloud, token black guy with guns, hurr durr" etc. Be reasonable in your explanation. There's no grudge between the main character and the villain, there's no "SUDDEN GOOD GUY DEATH OMG" moment like Aeris' to shock the audience (it uses different death shock and other shock moments to great effect), and other things. The only things you can really say are that a group of good guys need to save the world from the machinations of something that isn't human, and they very nearly succeed, the falling planetoid in the ending resembles the falling Meteor plot device, and the final boss has a song with an epic chorus line. Beyond those similarities with the two, the similarities they share are shared by pretty much all Final Fantasy games.

    But hey, on the subject of FFIX, at least the Final boss isn't a Giant Space Flea From Outer Space (look that up on TVTropes.com) or, with FFX, a Final Battle you can't possible lose. At least that we can agree on, eh? (Again, people, FFIX and FFX are good, even great games, but saying "These games are great for all the reasons this game sucks" is kiiinda ignorant.)

    Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    What do you mean "people like these"? >_>
    Sorry if what I said was thought to mean something else. By "people like these," I simply meant, "people like these two." As in people. No stereotypes or anything I was making fun of, honestly.
    Click the banner to check out my Pokémon fanfic, Reflections!

    Thanks to Comexback from PE2K for the banner!

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Terra
    Posts
    1,890

    Default

    Not even gonna bother quoting you. Sorry if you misread but nowhere in my post did I say that XIII was merely just another VII. Infact, you're the one that brought VII up in the first place by saying that people just wanted another VII and that's why they complained about XIII. I never said that IX and X are great for all the reasons that XIII fails; stop putting words in my mouth, I only mentioned those two to show that your claim that the only reason people complain about XIII because it wasn't another VII is ridiculous.
    Last edited by Ampy; 8th November 2012 at 9:06 AM.

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Angel Land, Skyworld
    Posts
    504

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blaze boy View Post
    -gun aiming homes on enemies regardless if you are on the good side or bad side.
    -Aliens will attack you even if you are on their side.
    -Having to replay the first level many times just to get the final ending.
    -The story borders on fanfic level.
    -The gameplay is really slow for a character who is meant to be fast.
    - Shadow's attack are pitifully weak so not using a gun isn't fun.
    - Chaos control is useless if you are doing the good side mission, since most of them require you to find a certain item or kill a number of enemies.
    - The Super Shadow boss is badly done and take painfully long.
    -ONLY one ending is canon which you have to unlock by getting all the other endings, thus making the game a complete waste of time.
    Okay, granted, a lot of these are valid points. I wouldn't say the gameplay is slow though; if anything Shadow moves too fast so you end up slipping and sliding all over the place when you move even a little bit XD. You can get around gun homing by changing your aim so you're facing one enemy at a time, it only doesn't work if you're using weapons that bounce around a lot like the Omochao Gun. Without weapons, Homing Attack is alright most of the time as well.

    Chaos Control is still really useful for Neutral missions, and on some Hero missions you can use it to skip further ahead to checkpoints and then go back to earlier ones if you've missed anything. I don't see how having multiple endings to unlock is a bad thing: if anything it gives you a reason to see all the different endings and then see what the true ending is after. Plus you can vary up the paths to get there- switching from Hero -> Neutral -> Dark each mission can be fun~

    Eh, maybe it's cause I'm not taking it so seriously when I'm playing it XD everyone knows its cutscenes and dialogue are a goldmine for hilarious quotes like "Where's that damn FOURTH Chaos Emerald!" and "You know what they say, the more the merrier!". Westopolis, Glyphic Canyon, Circus Park, Lost Impact and Sky Troops are levels I like playing~ And the one thing this game does have that's really good is the music ^_^.

    Speaking of Paper Mario, Super Paper Mario seems to get a lot of hate for not being purely an RPG like PM1 and TTYD, when its actually a great game.
    ~Graoo!~



    ~Mightyena lover and Shiny Hunter~

    [Pokemon Y Friend Safari: Fire--- Magmar, Larvesta and Braxien]

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    .....In America
    Posts
    231

    Default

    YuGiOh: The Falsebound kingdom.

    I'm serious.
    I have claimed Alduin, the mighty dragon! He shall one day return to bring forth the end of time, and fulfill the prophecy of the world eater.

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Oxford, England
    Posts
    3,097

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ambri View Post
    And the one thing this game does have that's really good is the music ^_^.
    That's a bit of a moot point when it comes to sonic games. Most people can name a few bad sonic games, but I challenge anyone to name two sonic games with bad music.

    Shadow was enjoyable when I was 12, and I admit it does have several good features (e.g. first game where player 2 can control tails since sonic adventure), but I think it's whole core concept is flawed, and its pretty hard to recover from that.
    Will-Powered Spriter

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    In your mind
    Posts
    4,288

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBattleFrontierAsh1 View Post
    Sonic Rush Adventure.
    Yeah I said it!
    That game was certainly awesome. It's a favorite among platforming DS titles go.

    I do think that people are entitled to like whatever they like even if most people don't like it.

    I see why people hate Sonic 06, and there is plenty of good reasons for that. That doesn't mean I can't have minimal enjoyment from it.

    Hoenn has disappointed.

    P.S. I get tired of complaints from great games.
    3DS friend code: 2148-8189-4401 (Rock Type) Nosepass/Pupitar/Barbaracle
    Dream Code: 5400-2204-6955

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Sniping losers from my yard
    Posts
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ampy View Post
    Not even gonna bother quoting you. Sorry if you misread but nowhere in my post did I say that XIII was merely just another VII. Infact, you're the one that brought VII up in the first place by saying that people just wanted another VII and that's why they complained about XIII. I never said that IX and X are great for all the reasons that XIII fails; stop putting words in my mouth, I only mentioned those two to show that your claim that the only reason people complain about XIII because it wasn't another VII is ridiculous.
    Well, my apologies. You said in the first sentence of your reply, "So explain all the praise IX and X get even though they didn't try to just be another VII." I thought that implied that XIII was just trying to be a VII clone. And again, my assumptions were that your arguments were like all the other incomplete and not-thought-about complaints people have made that I have heard.

    I did not mean to sound like an ***, though that's exactly what I did, and for that I sincerely apologize. I guess I used your comment to just throw down my counter-arguments to some pet peeves I've had with the 'raving fans' and all...
    Click the banner to check out my Pokémon fanfic, Reflections!

    Thanks to Comexback from PE2K for the banner!

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    L.A. County, California
    Posts
    1,165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GreatGonzales View Post
    YuGiOh: The Falsebound kingdom.

    I'm serious.
    I liked this too. Probably the biggest gripe I have with it is that one pretty much needs a guide to know where all the recruit-able monsters are. Battles get kinda bland at times too though, but not that big of a deal.



Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •