Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Lost City of Alph - Find the Unown!

Default The Lost City of Alph - Find the Unown!

The Lost City of Alph
    Find the Unown!

POKéMON TRAINERS WANTED!

For the past several days the ancient Isle of Talas has experienced a bizarre series of unexplained psychic events finally resulting in the largest sandstorm ever recorded in the land's history which has unearthed the remains of an ancient city inhabited by what scientists believe to be the rarely ever sighted Unown Pokémon.

Very protective of their ruined city, the Unown are making it difficult for archaeologists and scientists alike to access the area to study the Pokémon themselves or the inscriptions left behind by an ancient race of humans who appear to have lived in harmony with these mysterious Pokémon.

Most disturbingly, another psychic sandstorm, even larger than the one that has unearthed these ancient ruins, is on its way and expected to bury the city within 24 hours. Leaders of the academic world are calling upon Pokémon trainers in the vicinity to help capture all forms of Unown before the city is lost forever!

"Must... catch... Unown!"

"Slow down, Meat Sack!" came the command from the Shuppet who was doing her best to keep up with her excited trainer.

"As if!" Keith called back. "They need trainers to catch Unown, and that's just what I plan to do, Myrtle! And what's more, you're gonna help me. You're a Ghost-type, that gives you a nice little type advantage."

"Re-mem-ber, you are run-ning low on Po-ke Balls," Myrtle warned her trainer.

"Yeah, I know, but I'll be happy to catch even just one Unown," Keith stated as he continued towards the lost city of Alph. "Besides, once my order goes through at the Pokemart, I'll have 10 more beamed right into my bag, plus a Premier Ball. We only got twenty four hours to do this, Myrtle, let's make the most of it!"

Myrtle rolled her eyes, but the Shuppet followed her trainer anyway.
    Last edited by Missingno. Master; 5th November 2012 at 3:45 PM.

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 5 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    The Lost City of Alph
    Find the Unown!

POKéMON TRAINERS WANTED!

For the past several days the ancient Isle of Talas has experienced a bizarre series of unexplained psychic events finally resulting in the largest sandstorm ever recorded in the land's history which has unearthed the remains of an ancient city inhabited by what scientists believe to be the rarely ever sighted Unown Pokémon.

Very protective of their ruined city, the Unown are making it difficult for archaeologists and scientists alike to access the area to study the Pokémon themselves or the inscriptions left behind by an ancient race of humans who appear to have lived in harmony with these mysterious Pokémon.

Most disturbingly, another psychic sandstorm, even larger than the one that has unearthed these ancient ruins, is on its way and expected to bury the city within 24 hours. Leaders of the academic world are calling upon Pokémon trainers in the vicinity to help capture all forms of Unown before the city is lost forever!
    Karmas grunted as the sand buffeted his skin, he should have worn some more protective clothing and not just a shirt and pair of shorts. Beside him Acorn, his shiny Nuzleaf, trudged along, not too happy that she was picked to come along.

"Stop moping," said Karmas, looking back at his pokemon "You know why you were picked to come along, you're a Dark type pokemon and since we are going to be facing Psychic type pokemon it seemed like the logical conclusion. That and I really need to get you some adventuring experience."

Acorn still wasn't happy about it, Karmas had actually told her that they were going to go and see some interesting glyphs. She didn't know that he meant going and trying to catch an Unown! And she wasn't too fond of the 24 hour time limit either.

The Lost City of Alph
    Find the Unown!

POKéMON TRAINERS WANTED!

Marcelo had read a sign at a nearby Pokemon Centre that they urgently needed trainers to come to the Lost City of Alph and help catch all of the Unowns withing 24 hours. As interesting as it did sound, it was also a great way for Marcelo to get his first capture and also for him to help researchers prevent the valuable knowledge from getting buried forever. His interest in archaeology even made him want to get into the research, but that would be a little too far-fetched at the moment, but helping the researchers out sounded good enough.

Marcelo and Broly hurried towards the location which was right according to the map that Marcelo had opened up in his hands as he rode the Arcanine. "Seems like we're almost there, Broly", he said as Broly continued on his path, with both of them looking around for the researchers to help them get started right away. "We have no time to waste..."
    Last edited by takkupanda; 5th November 2012 at 5:42 PM. Reason: Quoted opening post
    PASBL
    TL2, 10W-3L-0T, 27 KO, 64 TP, 31.25 SP, B- Grade Ref

Fizzy Bubbles

Cable Club Trading List

"Um, so I took a left turn over here and then... huh? What is this place? I'm pretty sure this wasn't in the map..."

It was purely sheer luck that Connor, who's known to have extremely bad navigational skills, had managed to arrive at the Lost City of Alph. For one, he did not know that the City was going to bury within 24 hours. Two, he also did not know that many trainers had come to this place to catch Unown. To him, it was just another beautiful looking place to take pictures of. Little did he know how so many people have gathered today to attempt to find and catch the elusive Unown.

"Well Gaspard, what do you make of this place?" he looked at his long-time partner who was on his shoulder. The Aipom's mouth was wide open speechless at the sight, as it looks like he was just as mesmerized at the place as his Trainer. "Heh, pretty isn't it? I have to agree with you on that one... Oh! That over there... that looks like it could make a good photo! Now hold on..." and thus Connor had his camera ready to take a picture of the site.

The Lost City of Alph
    Find the Unown!

POKéMON TRAINERS WANTED!

I'm finally getting somewhere in the world.

Levin Sanders had arrived on Talas the day before, having received a formal request - by official letter no less - to join a number of select Trainers and help deal with largely-unexplained phenomena attributed to the elusive Unown. He had left the Hotel in the early morning and was now arriving at the predetermiend rendez-vous point from where the expedition would march toward the newly-revealed Unown Ruins.

Holding the precious letter in his hand, he skimmed through it one more time - not that he didn't know the words by heart already, but because it made him feel appreciated. After all, if he had been chosen to take part in the expedition, it had to mean his accomplishments as a Pokemon Trainer were finally being noticed.

He retrieved the Silk Scarf from his Backpack and wrapped around his neck, covering his mouth as well. If they were going head-first into a sandstorm, no harm done in being prepared. And then there was the matter of who to bring along... The choice seemed natural; he'd have to rely on a Pokemon who could endure the sandstorm and simultaneously be able to detect the Psychic-Types they'd be hunting. As such...

- Zion, come on out!

The Beldum materialized from its PokeBall and hovered around Levin, perhaps curious about why its Trainer was wearing an item intended for Pokemon. He smiled; Zion's curiosity and Psychic proficiency would be a huge help for this mission. Or so he hoped.

- Get ready my friend; we're going on an adventure.
    Last edited by MarbleZone; 5th November 2012 at 5:40 PM.

The Lost City of Alph
    Find the Unown!

POKéMON TRAINERS WANTED!

Lass El stood standing in awe at the ruins before her. A desert? What had she done to wind up in a desert of all places? Sure, it could be called a 'sea' of sand, but that didn't change the fact that she was way out of her element. Especially not in runners, she was practically certain she was going to leave here with half a desert in her shoes. Stupid, stupid.

But... she was here, why not make the most of it? She may be lazy at times, but exploration was simply delightful. What was that the archaeologists had said? Rarely sighted pokemon? Bah, she couldn't remember. That was what she got for running off at the first sign of adventure. Who knows, she could come out of this encounter with something nice! A rare pokemon to call her own, now that appealed to her very much.

Not much else to do at the moment, the young trainer called upon her spearow. Even if the bird lacked the courage to fly higher than a few feet, her keen eyes would surely be useful in an expedition.

"Hey Sparow! I've kinda gotten us dragged into an acheoloy-mabob thing! you excited?"

Sparow stared blankly at El, possibly wondering if her trainer had gon insane.

"Yeah, my thoughts exactly, but let's make the most of this huh? C'mon, let's get going. The faster we wrap this up, the faster we can go somewhere I don't need to wear goggles just to see." At that, she adjusted the pair upon her head. They were old and tight, from the time when she wasn't afraid of diving headlong into a river. Cursing how difficult movement was because of the sand, she moved towards the ancient buildings, companion on her shoulder.

Just call me LASL - Bubbleata Deets

"Well, they're not technically Cryptdis, but they are mysterious Pokemon.
    Besides, the flier called for all trainers in the area, and we happen to be around.
    It would be rude not to help."

"Prrrt!" Mint, Alli's affectionate little Eevee, was sorting the items in Alli's backpack as Alli went over her map.
    "I think we're about in the right place," said Alli, turning the map over. Mint had pulled out some Rare Candies that had been lost in the bottom of her trainer's backpack. She now dropped into a small marble bag with the others. Putting one paw on it, she pulled the cords with her mouth, shutting the bag up tight before replacing it in the backpack. "I would of brought Pluto along, but you know how he gets about treasure. He would to lead us right to that mysterious city and wouldn't at all be interested in capturing Unown." Mint nodded in agreement before sorting more items into the side pocket of Alli's backpack. She then leaned up on her hind legs in order to see what items were left to sort. Peaking inside the bag, she saw a Thunderstone, which he turned up her nose at. In doing so, something else in the bag caught her eye, and she reached inside and fished it out. "Huh? Whatcha got there?" Mint held up the Gracidea proudly. "Oh, you do like flowers, don't you?" Alli pet her Eevee, and scratched her behind he ear.

"Kyu!"
    "Well here!" Alli took the flower and tied it to the top of her backpack.
    "We'll keep it out, for good luck!"
    "Kyuuu!" Mint mewed loudly in approval.
    "Now lets go stop those Unown the best we can!"
    Mint nodded seriously in response,
    and the two travels headed out towards the lost city.

Last edited by allishinca; 27th August 2013 at 5:41 PM.

A young woman with messy, tangled hair and mismatched, oversized clothes shambles towards the ruins, her eyes wide and lifeless. Zombie-like and terrifying, the trainer lurches forward in an erratic, uncoordinate fashion, a Banette sitting on her shoulder, looking rather irritated. The left arm of the trainer's trenchcoat seems to be dotted with red, suggesting an injury of some sort.

"No, no... This will not do... Dread-ful-ly ob-vi-ous. They will fig-ure out that she is not act-ing of her own vo-li-tion with-in se-conds. I be-lieve a more... com-plete pos-ses-sion is in order." The Banette suddenly phases into the trainer's body, which jolts the trainer horrifically; however, her appearance and movement begins to dramatically improve, and life seems to return to the trainer's eyes, though a wicked grin has formed on her face. Her hair darkens from a pale lavender to a jet black, and her posture dramatically changes from a meek, introverted stance to a more seductive pose.

"Much bet-ter," the trainer then says, in perfect imitation of the Banette's speech, before laughing hysterically. As she laughs, the shadowy figure of a Duskull materializes from the trainer's shadow, the ghostly being's red eye blinking with an odd mix of sadness and mischief. The Duskull, who is known to normally speak in human language at the bar, seems to prefer speaking in her native Duskull language when speaking to the possessed young woman.

Here, for the blood... Minerva, why are you doing this? The Duskull sighs as she offers a clean, better-fitting black trenchcoat and some bandages to the trainer.

"My dear, you DO NOT have the right to cri-ti-cize me. Lit-tle Ma-ry would be in tears if she missed this re-search op-por-tu-ni-ty be-cause she was dy-ing." The trainer sticks her tongue out at the Duskull, but accepts her gifts. When she takes off the jacket in order to bandage the arm and put on a new coat, it becomes obvious that the tiny specks of blood were hints at a much larger, more terrible injury.

"Ugh, this sand is hor-ri-fic. It's cak-ing in-to the blood... grooooss. Hope-ful-ly by the time the hos-pi-tal re-al-izes we put a man-ne-quin in her bed, we will get this mess cleaned out. Dis-gus-ting." The trainer clears her throat, glaring at Liliana, who makes a face every time the trainer stutters. She does not seem to be able to stay mad at the little Duskull for long, however. "It's a habit easily broken, Liliana. Either way, if any... friend of Marion's decides to approach us, tell them that the doctors said I was well enough to take a stroll."

A stroll in the super-dangerous ruins? I am certain Keith is not going to believe tha-

"You are NOT mentioning that name while I am here, unless it is to warn me. I have HAD IT with thinking about that man, do you hear me? I've had it." Liliana grins as her trainer rants and raves.

Just as long as you don't kill him. I would hate to see Peeves' reaction if his beloved trainer was dead... Liliana looks forlorn for a moment, though a smile does creep back up into her expression. Then again, I have a feeling that you're not keeping him alive solely to keep me and Peeves happy. I know you, Min... Minerva merely shakes her head (er, Marion's head) in response and moves on, admiring the ruins of the ancient city as she closes in on The Lost City of Alph.

"I have simp-ly... er, simply decided that it is not worth upsetting Mari- myself. Not worth upsetting myself!"
    Last edited by Marion Ette; 5th November 2012 at 4:24 PM.

[FB || PASBL]

The Lost City of Alph
    Find the Unown!

POKéMON TRAINERS WANTED!

A young man in his 20's was racing after his dark green reptilian companion, his pack fully supplied of the necessities to combat the harsh climate that was the desert,

"My second time in the desert...,"
    *huff*
    "And...,"
    *gulp*
    "I never seem to learn my lesson about using too much energy in this type of cilmate...,"
    *huff*
    Tired and Sweaty, Hallow arrived in the sandy oasis of Tales once again, the scorching sun beating down on him, feeling the beads of sweat begin to come off his body making the white light shirt he was wearing stick to him,

"I still can't believe we made it..., just before that last plane took off...,"
    "Lar!,"
    "And you still haven't explained why you have brought us here?,"
    "Lar, Lar, Lar!,"
    "Yea you told me that already," Hallow recalled, "You had a dream about a sandstorm unearthing an ancient civilization," Hallow laughed, "but you aren't psychic,"
    "LAR!,"
    Hallow took a moment to catch his breath, thinking, Could it be that you had a psychic connection to an Unown or is it because of your innate nature to sand...?
    All the while his Larvitar continued to move ahead of her trainer,
    "Will you just hold on, your more energetic today then ever before,"
    "LAR!, LAR!, LAR!,"
    "So I heard, but to capture all the Unown...,"
    Suddenly realizing his own competitive spirit rising from inside himself Hallow began to run faster, catching up to Athena he grabbed her by the hand tossing her to his back as to not lose another moment,
    This was much more then a romance for adventure but also a chance to get closer to the rock-type to show it that he was in fact a trustworthy trainer,
    "Well come on now, we cant lose!,"
    "Lar!,"

[Stats.]
    Last edited by Takeo; 10th November 2012 at 5:47 AM.

The Lost City of Alph
    Find the Unown!

POKéMON TRAINERS WANTED!

A place of archaeological significance that could be explored? Bill did not even need any other reason to go to this place. But there are several Pokemon, Unown to be precise, that were threatening to forever bury this find. The trainer at first wondered if there was some sort of significance behind it. However, if they weren't stopped, then the answer to what they were protecting or isolating from the rest of the world would be lost forever, and Bill wouldn't have that. That isn't including the other archaeologists and scientists still inside the ruins themselves, which just strengthened his own resolve for combating the Unown. Not to mention that he wanted to revisit Talas anyways, so this was the perfect opportunity for him. He brought with him several Pokemon, including Savage, his Carvanha, and Gold, his Totodile both of whom would easily be able to combat the Unown. Although all of them were inside their Pokeballs for now.

There wasn't enough water outside to put his fish Pokemon in, and Bill very much doubted that the inside would fare much better. Even so, he could luck out and end up finding a place like that. Holding the two Pokeballs in his hand, Bill said, "Alright, guys, let's show those Unown what happens when you mess with us." True they didn't directly mess with him, but that was beside the point. He was ready to go.

Cyber's PC
    Credit to PikaPal_Lyra for the Banner

3DS Friend Code: 2320-7298-6586

The Lost City of Alph
    Find the Unown!

POKéMON TRAINERS WANTED!

Kairne enters the ruins with a chill running down his spine. Sensitive to spiritual currents as he was, he could tell something big was going on. Still, he had made a commitment, and he'd be damned if he was going to duck out. As he enjoyed the warmth of the sand running between his bare toes, he thought back to exactly why he had agreed to this expedition.

An associate of his, a doctor and collector or rare artifacts, who had quite a liking for unusual occurrences at even more unusual ruins. He had been intrigued when he had heard tell of the bizarre happenings at the ruins on the Isle of Talas, but he was booked for quite awhile, and could not himself sojourn there. Kairne was an acquaintance he had met a few times before on-site at research excavations, and he entrusted Kairne to go in his place, expense paid by the good doctor. Kairne couldn't very well say no to such a generous offer, and so he packed up his necessities and left on a boat, set sail for Talas.

Anita, Kairne's Foongus, prodded him, shaking him out of this haze of reminiscence. Looking ahead, Kairne could hear whispers from other people about a Pokemon called Unown. Kairne was mildly bemused, and started wondering if maybe he would get to see an Unown again, in person this time. That would be nice, he thought to himself.

He looked up at the ruins with wonder. No matter how many times he saw ruins such as these, he never lost the sense of awe they resonated. Shielding his eyes from the sandstorm, he shook off the ethereal chills he'd been getting and walked right up to them. This will be a great learning experience, he thought to himself, adjusting his cap.

The Lost City of Alph
    Find the Unown!

POKéMON TRAINERS WANTED!

An urgent message was received and Balmund made absolute haste to the Ancient City of Alph, lest the psychic sandstorm buried the whole city in less than 24 hours. He was no researcher, but Balmund understood what was needed of him, and the dragon trainer intended to make use of all his might to quell the Unown by all means, and thus provide a much necessary window of opportunity for archaeologists to do their work proper. Though the conditions would hardly be ideal for flight, Balmund soared on atop of his trusted Aerodactyl, Kurthnaga, and, while the prehistoric Pokémon favored clear and warm skies more than anything, Balmund was confident that, out of all his Pokémon, it would be Kurth who would be most capable of handling the job. He himself was ready for the conditions he was bound to meet, donning an appropriate outfit for the occasion and protecting himself with eye goggles, a scarf over his mouth and nose and a makeshift turban over his head.

"Onwards Kurth!" Balmund encouraged the Rock-type, "Whatever this menace is, we have to stop it." Kurthnaga roared loudly in approval at the prospect of inevitable battle, and in the process, made his presence known to all, friend or foe, as his warcry boomed across the sky.
    Last edited by Balmund; 5th November 2012 at 7:30 PM.

The Lost City of Alph
    Find the Unown!

POKéMON TRAINERS WANTED!

Stacey stood on the hill over looking her destination taking deep needy breaths. She had received the call for help many days ago and had prepared accordingly but she was so excited to see these mysterious creatures she had ran all the way from the port. She was sweaty and tired but had a large smile on her face. She could hear the pounding of paws behind her and looked over her shoulder to see her Urasaring Madeline catch up to her running on all fours after having scouted the area to make sure it was safe. Stacey insisted there was no need but Maddie's protective nature prevented her from relaxing until she had checked herself. Maddie came to a stop by her trainer's side and stood to full height which was 4 inches taller than Stacey. She had a fine sheen of sweat on her fur and she adjusted her flower behind her ear before turning to Stacey and nodding before smiling. An odd sight for an Ursaring but she was inanely pleasant and disliked to frown all the time.

"All clear then" Stacey said knowing the answer and Maddie rolled her eyes and grunted a yes back.

"Good, well then we've been asked to help find and capture Unown before another Psychic Sandstorm hits their city. We only have 24 hours, not long really" Maddie grunts out a reply that sounded gruff alongside her smile, she could see how excited her trainer was and was sure that although she truly wanted to help she wanted to see and capture her own Unown more.

"Well then ... race you ..." Stacey said before running down the hill as Maddie roared with laughter and took off after the woman. She soon caught up to her over taking her and running in a circle around her. Stacey pouted, she was no match for her bear's speed and Maddie ducked under Stacey from behind lifting her up onto her back. Stacey shrieked with laughter and held on tight to her fur as she gave her a swift lift to the city.

~Stace and Imp. A Perfect Pair~
    FB : PC : DT

The Lost City of Alph
    Find the Unown!

POKéMON TRAINERS WANTED!

While Shadow had never journeyed to the region of Talas, oddly enough he felt a strange sort of affinity for it - as though there was some psycho-magnetic force drawing him to it. The present enigmatic phenomena likewise intrigued him, and with one of the mystical species under his Trainership he certainly felt compelled to investigate this new occurrence. Rumours had existed about what might happen if all the species of Unown were united together - would it be boon or bane? Would it even matter? Next to him, Doldrum curled a string around the scientist's wrist, both captivated and nervous at what was to come.

Along with the throng of Trainers invited to journey into the ruins, Shadow prepared to plumb the monumental depths.
    PASBL Standings: Level 5, B+ Ref, 84-22-10, 247 KOs, 492.5 TP, 0 SP
    Badges: Biohazard, Reffing
    Don't Go Clone This Mon FB Datafile

The Lost City of Alph
    Find the Unown!

POKéMON TRAINERS WANTED!

"Surus, we're going on an Unown Hunt!" Cele yelled to his young Phanpy, who scratched his head with his trunk confusingly. Cele had received a call that a Psychic Sandstorm had occured on the Isle of Talas, unearthing an ancient city. Trainers were needed to help catch all the territorial Unown. Cele had once been to the Isle of Talas, and visited the Sphinx. He had failed horribly on the opening question, and left in shame. Now he was about to make his triumphant return, alongside Surus.

Cele's ferry had just hit shore. "Whew, I need Soren to evolve into Noctowl soon so he can fly me everywhere instead." Cele chuckled to himself after the long ride - Surus had even fallen asleep! "Surus, buddy. Wake up, we're here." Cele said as he stroked the Phanpy he carried in his arms. "Phanpy?" the sleepy Long Nose Pokemon grumbled as he leaped out of Cele's arms. "Okay, I lied. We aren't there yet. But we almost are..." Cele admitted. "Phan." Surus replied as if to say "It's okay." And with that, Cele and Surus headed towards the Lost City of Alph.
    The Artist Formerly Known as Celebii151

Spoiler:- PASBL Record:

The Lost City of Alph
    Find the Unown!

POKéMON TRAINERS WANTED!

The last time Alice Hope had visited Talas, things were a lot different to this. The sun had been high in the sky, roasting the citizens, and she had been in a frenzied state to reclaim her stolen Pokemon and deal with some of the criminal activity around the town. It was daunting to be recalled back there, and understandably, her Pichu hadn’t been too happy about it. That was why she was clutching Swinub in her arms instead, thankful for the warmth his furry body provided her hands. Nighttimes in November were chilly, even in the desert.

“I won’t lose you this time, I promise.” She told her wintery piggy, whose icy type complimented her outfit completely. Rather than the holiday or party get-up she was best known for, the eighteen year old was adorned in a draped, tunnel-neck jumper, which was white all the way down to the elbow, where a baby blue, indigo, white and grey formed patterns across the piece of clothing. Two soft, snowy bobble details hung from the neck, a the pieces a contrast to the black sleeve cuffs and hem. Her tight denim jeans were basic design, but the high-top sneakers she wore were grey animal print.

“Swine, swine.” Swinub replied optimistically, leaping from her grasp to the ground. Secretly, Alice was relieved. Being a ground-type made him a heavy little lump, as loving as he was, and from the ground he could make better use of his sensitive nose. He could pick out distinctive scents and try to trace the Unown that way, and of course, a Pokemon would probably be more attuned to psychic energy than a human being, especially one like her. “Swinub~!”

“Let me know if you pick up on anything interesting.” She urged him, adjusting the strap of the woolen and leather bag across her body, blue gaze searching their natural, sandy surroundings in case she spotted a clue in the dark. The sandstorms had left things in quite a state, and Alice had goggles handy just in case. The Unown had always just been myths and fairy tale lore until now, although there were supposedly events in Johto’s Greenfield, too. This was probably her scariest adventure yet – more so than a pack of jumping, bloodthirsty Houndoom or a fantastic labyrinth. The Unown were capable of anything, and humans didn't know much about them.

“I hope I’m up for this...”

((Stats.))

The Lost City of Alph
    Find the Unown!

POKéMON TRAINERS WANTED!

I cannot believe this is happening. It's been written and said all over the news about an ancient city that got unburied by the strongest sandstorm ever happened in Talas, and supposedly that place is home to Unown. Best of all, the scientists there are asking help from trainers to help uncover its mysteries. I, being one who adores exploring ruins above all else and have a thing with psychic Pokemon (and dark-typed ones too), I couldn't pass that opportunity for the world.

"Alright," I finally able to say between a few sand-filled coughs despite the light scarf covering my mouth, "we're finally here. Thanks to help me out showing the way, Himiko and Max!" I first look over my Espeon, "I knew your newly found powers will come in handy, even after just recently being evolved! As for you," I look over my fateful companion since the start of my Pokémon journey, "your Poochyena nose always knows, no matter the weather!"

"'Speee," Himiko wags her tail joyfully.

Max simply and proudly barks.

"As for that map, I really think that Pokémon Center needs to update their documentation..." I look in distrust at the ripped and swashed map in my hand, which helped me only finding the general spot of the place. "Anyhow, I wonder what we'll find in there, other than Unowns that is," I ponder aloud while staring at the grand entrance of the ruins, "Maybe find why the city was buried in the first place? How the Unown lived back then? Actually capture some Unowns? ....Anything that would help those scientists out?" I shrug. "I dunno, but I can't wait to find out! Okie dokes, lets go in."

I walk closer to the the lost city of Alph, Himiko and Max both following right beside me.
    Last edited by OkikuMew; 6th November 2012 at 3:40 AM. Reason: Making my post slightly better, and adding one more Pokémon into the mix.

The Lost City of Alph
    Find the Unown!

POKéMON TRAINERS WANTED!

It was perhaps a little ironic. His adventures started with a strange tomb in the desert, yet here Alex was once more, gazing into the depths of this city which had emerged from a mighty sandstorm, and with it the rumours of the unknown, and Unown. Naturally, he had opted to venture within the sands of the city, wondering what lay in store for him. Not alone, of course, for there was also an ally of his with him and others in orbs.

"Despite the previous day's surprise, this coat blends well," a Lunatone chimed to him, the rocky exterior and eye bright orange, as though it were forged from unfired terracotta. With but a shrug, Alex and Nuhoko travelled down into the depths of the city's entrance, in search of adventure.

I reject your Nyancats and replace it with my own.
    FB

Default Walking in the desert sand....

The Lost City of Alph
    Find the Unown!

POKéMON TRAINERS WANTED!

'The sand has picked up considerably. I hope it is not too late for me to get into that city.' Blaze thought as he walked across the desert, moving quickly and quietly through sands dunes and the like as he moved across the desert. By his side of Surgei, his Yanmega. He had heard rumors about Unown here, and what better Pokemon to face them then a Bug type.

"Blaze, I really do not like it here. It is way to hot here for my tastes. Plus all this sand. But, if it is to learn a little more about something, I am all for it."

"I know Surgei, it ain't peachy keen. But, this is the discovery of the century. I want to be in on this you know."

"I do too. But, I think someone like Lemon Drop might be better suited for something like this."

"I choose you because you are the strongest against the Unown. Your Signal Beam is killer dude!"

"I never though you would be one to overdue it on the type advantage thing."

"Never hurts to be safe, is it?"

"Nope, not really. Come on, let's do some recon."

Stats

The Lost City of Alph
    Find the Unown!

POKéMON TRAINERS WANTED!

Melissa trudged through the sand, her faithful starter peeking out from where he hid inside her windbreaker and her second-longest partner walking alongside her. The moment she'd heard about the ruins and the urgent need for Pokemon trainers, she'd decided this was somewhere she had to visit. After all, how often did ruins like these pop up out of the blue and give her an opportunity for an adventure outside of the normal zones? Not to say she didn't appreciate having the other places to go, but she knew they'd still be there, while this one had a time limit placed upon it; it made the possible adventure that much more exciting. Besides, this gave her a good opportunity to adventure with Mar, her Aron, who, although he was her second-longest party member, she hadn't really had a chance to adventure with yet.

She glanced at said Aron as he walked alongside her through the sand. He didn't seem to be having as much trouble finding his footing as she did, but she could tell he wasn't very happy about all the sand everywhere. Turning to look ahead, she grinned at the sight of the approaching ruins.

"We're almost there, Wildfire, Mar," she told her Cyndaquil and Aron, respectively. Though it was an unnecessary observation, they both made noises of agreement. They too were interested to see what the ruins had to offer. "Hopefully, we'll stumble across some of those Unown before we have to leave." She shaded her eyes as she looked at the ruins, before grinning down at her Aron. "C'mon, Mar. Let's go find some living hieroglyphics." And she took off towards the ruins with her Aron following after a moment of surprise. She couldn't wait to see what she'd find.

The Lost City of Alph
    Find the Unown!

POKéMON TRAINERS WANTED!

Scott came Flying in, dangling by the leg of his Togetic, Angela. Deciding this was a good way to test her newfound wings since evolving after many trips to the Beauty Salon. He had no idea how such a small Pokemon could carry a young adult male and his bag, as it seemed to defy the laws of physics. However, he thought it better not to question it, if it meant having an easy means of transportation. Even if the only thing keeping him from plummeting down to earth, was his sweaty palm hanging on to a Togetic's tiny foot.

Due to Angela's Serene Grace, she was still a smooth flyer, despite the extra weight, and not having all that much experience flying. So the trip was relatively turbulence free. Even if it was rather frightening for Scott being up that high. The boy look relieved when they reached their destination, Scott pointed out a safe place to land. Angela nodded, and made her descent.

Once they landed, Scott let go of Angela's foot, dusted himself off, and caught his breath. "Let's never do that again!" Regretting his means of getting here.

"Toge..." Angela said as she smiled and rubbed the back of her head, looking a little embarrassed.

After Scott calmed down a bit, he took a look around. "Anyway, here it is, the city of Alph. Huh, all I see is a bunch of sand..." He decided to come here after getting his hands on a flyer that requested the aid of Pokemon Trainers. And since he was a Pokemon Trainer, he had to lend his assistance. It wouldn't seem right if he didn't. Of course he didn't bother to read the whole, flyer, so he had no idea what to do next. "Come on, lets move." And with that, he and his Pokemon moved foward. Hoping to find... well, they didn't really know.
    Last edited by Monster Guy; 6th November 2012 at 2:45 PM.
    Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner

RPer's profile, 3DS Friend Code, and Nintendo Network ID

The Lost City of Alph
    Find the Unown!

POKéMON TRAINERS WANTED!

This will all be worth the trouble.

He kept repeating that to himself, each step clumsily taken through the hot sands of the talas'sian deserts, each step robbing him of energy. He was never too fond of the hot temperatures; still, once he had heard of the appearance of the elusive Unown, almost legendary in its nature, he couldn't just miss the opportunity (of a lifetime?) of, at least, observe one with his own eyes. Gathering knowledge of the alphabetic pokemon would certainly prove useful in the future - in what way, he could not precise.

Still, walking through the desert wasn't the easiest task to perfom - even more so when his companion pokemon wasn't supporting him at all. Gósth, like most Haunter, was a prankster one; just the fact he could levitate and didn't have to touch the bloody hot sand was annoying enough, but no, that wasn't enough - no, he had to show off a tad more. Besides phasing through him several times, the juggling of his body-free hands were the most annoying, trying to make his trainer trip and performing many other shenanigans.

He was the ideal pokemon to use on the Lost City of Alph though - his use of Hypnosis could prove vital in case they spotted a Unown. The type advantage would also prove advantageous, he hoped. So, he gulped down what seemed to him the very last bit of saliva he had in his body, and continued marching forward, hoping to reach the ruins in time.

This will all be worth the trouble.

The Lost City of Alph
    Find the Unown!

POKéMON TRAINERS WANTED!

At the time the news broke that a huge sandstorm uncovered ruins that were inhabited by the pokemon Unown, Alex was doing some research of his own in the biggest library on the island. Research was important, but the stories were that soon an even bigger sandstorm would strike. There was a limited amount of time to get there, so in the name of researchers everywhere, he headed out into the desert. He had been around long enough to know to buy supplies before heading out. Fortunately, the majority of his pokemon resisted sandstorms, so they wouldn't have much of a problem. It would be a good change to show off some his newer team members.

The Unown were an interesting species. Practically useless when on their own, but their powers grow exponentally when in groups. There are even some theories that they have connections to the legendary pokemon. Whatever the case, they were rare and this would be one of the few times when he could study them, maybe even catch them. Who knew what he could discover from the Unown? This was a once in a lifetime chance, there was no way he wasn't getting in on the action.
    I have clamed... the mighty Thor. Oh wait it's Throh *Facepalm*
    Fizzy Bubbles
    PASBL Stats
    My fanfic: Island of New Sundai

The Lost City of Alph
    Find the Unown!

POKéMON TRAINERS WANTED!

Pokémon Trainers wanted to explore the lost city of Alph. Joshua knew of ruins that existed in Johto, Sinnoh and Kanto that were similar. A new civilisation dedicated to the Unown - this was a huge discovery! And now he had a chance to participate in the excavation. With Steven the Munna by his side (he figured that he would be a useful weapon against the Psychic-type Unown in the ruins), Joshua had landed on the Isle of Talas earlier that morning. Plane tickets were so costly though. Still, soon he'd have two badass Flying Pokémon ready to cart him about at the very least.

The aftermath of the psychic sandstorm that had unearthed the city was obvious, as a stray gust whipped up some nasty sand and grit into Joshua's eyes. Jo, feel power here. More psychic. Strong psychic.

"Yes, I know. Time to explore this place is running thin before another sandstorm - we'd better be quick my friend."

Not just sand... Feel Pokémon too. Lots Pokémon.

"Ah, the Unown themselves. Such strange Pokémon... This is a golden opportunity Steven. Let's go!" he yelled excitedly, brushing the sand out of his eyes and racing ahead into the city. The Munna let out a small sigh and followed as quickly as he could.
    Originally Posted by scytherdude30
    no no no you need an empoleon as your powerhouse da listen to me man I AM THE BOMB
    Quote Originally Posted by Zincspider View Post
    Yes, someone is getting 'killed'... HOORAY FOR CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!....
    Fizzy Bubbles Profile.
    Fizzy Bubbles PC.
    My Soundcloud.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast