Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Lost City of Alph - Find the Unown!

Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post

King Ghidorah: Approaching the Lost City with your cranky Kingler you're greeted by Professor Spencer Hale who hands you a small satchel containing 12 Pokéballs. "Please use these Pokéballs to catch as many Unown as you can," he pleads. "I'm hoping that between us all we are able to catch one of each kind to gather a complete record of these Pokémon. Remember, we don't have much time before the sandstorm reaches us so please be quick!" Soon after you're searching the ruins for signs of the mysterious Pokémon when an Unown L appears glowing with psychic energy, and it's not looking at all pleased to see you...
    ”I'm hoping that between us all we are able to catch one of each kind to gather a complete record of these Pokémon. Remember, we don't have much time before the sandstorm reaches us so please be quick!"

Those words resonated with Hugo as he searched the ruins. He was excited what they might encounter. Unown were very mysterious creatures, and that was about the extent of his understanding about them. But to be fair, that was a consensus among many trainers.

Kingler trailed behind him. At first he was eager to explore, finally realizing that all of this meandering with Hugo wasn’t in vain, and would pay off in an adventure. After a few minutes of searching, however, Kingler was beginning to lose interest.

“Come on, man,” beckoned Hugo to has massive crab friend. “We’ve only been here for a little bit. We’ll find something soo—“

And almost as if on cue, suddenly an Unown L rapidly rises up in front of them.

“Oh! Hey there buddy! You’re pretty neat. Why don’t you just come along with me…”

Hugo reached down for one of the Pokeballs Professor Hale had given him. Unown was small. Couldn’t possibly be looking for a fight…could it?

Suddenly, the Symbol Pokemon furrows his massive eye into an angry stare and begins brightly glowing with energy.

“Oh…crap….” Said Hugo, slowly backing up. He jumped after colliding with something behind him, only to find that it was Kingler, a smirk across his massive face. If Unown wanted to fight, Kingler was more than ready for the challenge. Hugo glanced at the angry Unown, noticing that it was glowing brighter and brighter, ready to fire off at any second.

In one swift movement, Hugo leapt over Kingler, crouching behind the Pincer Pokemon for protection. Real brave, Hugo. Way to go.

“Kingler, use Protect!” Hugo instructed. Hugo knew very little about Unown, other than they were prone to using Hidden Power. It made it slightly easier, though not much, to try and strategize.

“Okay, one power for another. Follow up with AncientPower, Kingler! And then blast it with Icy Wind!

MarbleZone: Proud and excited to have been asked to take part in the expedition to record the goings on of the mysterious Unown, you tuck your letter of invitation away safely before calling Zion out to accompany you on your trek out into the Talasian desert. Several hours later you're one of the first few to arrive at the makeshift campsite erected by the scientific community eager to uncover the mysteries of the ruined city. Soon after you're greeted by Professor Spencer Hale who hands you a small satchel containing 12 Pokéballs. "Please use these Pokéballs to catch as many Unown as you can," he pleads. "I'm hoping that between us all we are able to catch one of each kind to gather a complete record of these Pokémon. Remember, we don't have much time before the sandstorm reaches us so please be quick!" Before long you're entering the corridors of the ancient site and it doesn't take long before a mysterious Unown I appears before you, practically vibrating with ground energy...
    The campsite looked, admittedly, somewhat shabby. He'd expected more from official League business, but it was understandable - why invest any more than necessary in a handful of structures that would most likely be wiped by the next sandstorm?

Levin looked around. He'd been one of the first "recruits" to arrive, but a number of workers were already on the scene, staff assigned to a number of less meaningful duties - it was he, and whoever else came along, that would be the heroes. Fitting, and well deserved.

Zion wasted no time in snooping around, hovering away from Levin to focus its attention on two men carrying heavy-looking crates, possibly supplies; then it floated close to a young worker, probably younger than Levin, and watched silently as he tried to set up a tent, struggling with the pole knots.

Shortly afterwards, a number of other trainers had arrived as well, most obnoxiously loud and excited to go on a dangerous trip. A fair number of them even seemed to have wandered into the campsite by mistake, which made him question just how prestigious it really was having been chosen for this... They were then met by the apparent authority figure on the site, who introduced himself as Professor Spencer Hale. Not what he had come to expect of the regular Pokemon Professor, who in his mind was little more than the calm, friendly person that handed snotty 10-year-olds their first (rare and undeserved) Pokemon and PokeDex... This guy, on the other hand, offered nothing more than a bunch of empty Pokeballs and heartfelt plead for the assembled to capture as many of the mysterious Unown as possible. Stingy.

Levin collected the 12 Pokeballs and whistled. Zion returned to him almost immediately, and its expression - or lack thereof - didn't really give away whether it was upset for not being allowed to explore the campsite further, or excited that they were about to resume the adventure. Its single red eye remained fixed on its Trainer, much like it always was, conveying absolutely no emotion.

After everyone finished their preparations, the expedition was finally ready to brave the ruins. The blonde Trainer ran his eyes through those who would be taking part in the campaign with him, and it was quite the colorful lot of characters indeed. But more so than the people, it was their Pokemon partners that Levin was truly interested in. The only noteworthy ones were an Arcanine, Ursaring, Larvitar and Aerodactyl - those were rare sights to behold, and certainly a testament to their Trainers' worth. The rest didn't impress him so much, but he'd learned by now that, more often than not, the Pokemon doesn't make the Trainer. Still, he couldn't shake off the feeling that many of them - perhaps himself included - might not be entirely up to the task ahead of them... Oh well, we'll see. We most definitely will see.

Braving forth they entered the ruins, and it was not long after that the group decided to spread to cover more ground at once - after all, this was still a race against time. Appreciating not having to endure a number of strangers holding him down, Levin proceeded deep into the long-lost corridors of the Unown Ruins. The walls, sure enough, were periodically engraved with images of said Pokemon, forming long lines of text that he couldn't decipher. On more than one occasion he was forced to stop and urge Zion to stop gazing at the writings... Could it understand them?

- I wonder if you're scared, Zion. Excited, maybe? Are you even feeling anything at all? I know I shouldn't expect a lot of moral support from you, but I wish I knew you better sometimes... Am I providing what you need to be happy? Can you be happy?...

He wasn't a very philosophical person. Careful and rational as he was, he didn't really enjoy dwelling too long on the metaphysical aspect of things. But in the loneliness of the ruins and the impending sense of doom that this hunt had instilled in him, Zion was the only one there that he could talk to, even if it never answered back. He could have chosen somebody else, but he felt like he owed it to the silent Steel-Type, considering its insatiable thirst for knowledge - after all, that was pretty much the only thing Levin knew for certain about Zion.

After a while of wandering aimlessly, the Beldum suddenly stopped and gazed into the distance. Levin stopped as well, not knowing what had prompted his partner to halt so abruptly, until he saw it. Floating towards them was one of their twenty eight targets: a Unown I!

Instinctively reaching for an empty Pokeball in his belt [1/12], the first thought that crossed his mind was battling. And if he'd chosen any other Pokemon to adventure with, no doubt that would've been their first thought as well... But not Zion. Floating towards the Unown, the Steel-Type moved until it was mere inches away from it. Then, as they stood quite literally eye-to-eye, a moment of silence followed, until the Beldum backed away again and turned to Levin. Taken aback by its apparent interest in establishing communication rather than fighting, Levin didn't quite know what to do. The fact that the walls around them were shaking and vibrating ever-so-slightly, as if a very small earthquake was taking place, made him worry for the Unown's Hidden Power type. But the two Pokemon's brief interaction did make him question his initial approach... what if it wasn't a hostile Pokemon?

- We... we don't mean to harm you. - That wasn't entirely true, as their only goal was to capture it, but still. He slowly reached for his backpack and retrieved a small box, from which he pulled a Unown I Trading Card. - See, I even have a picture of you! I think you're a wonderful and mysterious Pokemon... And there is so much you and my Beldum could share with each other! It's clearly taken an interest in you... Would you mind joining us? You know, coming along? It must get boring in this lonely, forsaken ruin...

He felt like an idiot for talking to an expressionless floating eye. Then again, wasn't talking to Zion the exact same thing? For all he knew, it was worth a shot... Besides, would yell orders at his Beldum even help, when all it could do was Take Down? Zion would fight back if the Unown became aggressive, at least of that Levin was sure.
    Last edited by MarbleZone; 11th November 2012 at 11:37 PM.

Marion Ette: Approaching the ancient City of Alph which is now laying exposed and helpless upon the vast desert plains, open to the probing eyes of humans for the first time in aeons, you definitely know you're not feeling quite like yourself. If the ruins had conscious thought they'd probably be feeling rather violated by the intrusion of trainers, researchers and the like, in much the same way you are by your own Pokémon. Soon greeted by Professor Spencer Hale, he hands you a small satchel containing 12 Pokéballs. "Please use these Pokéballs to catch as many Unown as you can," he pleads. "I'm hoping that between us all we are able to catch one of each kind to gather a complete record of these Pokémon. Remember, we don't have much time before the sandstorm reaches us so please be quick!" Sweeping past the over-excited researcher, you enter the confines of the first chamber leading into the main part of the ruins, and while walking along one of the inner corridors find yourself confronted by an Unown ? who seems a little wary about what's going on with you. It's vibrating with fighting energy and doesn't appear to be going anywhere...
    "Marion"approaches the ruins with her Duskull, and is soon greeted by the famous Professor Hale. While Marion would have been completely ecstatic to meet such a well-known professor and likely would have engaged him in conversation about the wondrous mysteries surrounding the ruins, Minerva was not one to be starstruck by academics. The excited researcher gives her a satchel of 12 Pokeballs, which the trainer takes with a bow and a quick "Thank you." The researcher, despite his rather irritating excess of energy, cannot help but make Minerva smile with Marion's mouth... After all, Marion often got this way herself when she was faced with the opportunity to learn something new. How terribly Minerva's trainer would have wanted to process the sight of the natural habitat of the Unown with her own visual cortex, but at least her eyes would be the ones registering all the sights and sounds of the ruins.

Minerva immediately becomes aware of a familiar presence, and Marion's body tenses up with a myriad of emotions... Liliana calls out happily to the trainer that approaches her, while Marion clenches her fists and grits her teeth with pent-up rage. Of course he would be here... He would not have been able to resist the call either, would he? She could visualize the trademark hat, the passion for poison, the vague scent of something toxic... If he had reacted with rage, it would have been comforting. If he had angrily asked about Marion, or called her some five or four-letter word, or even hit her... That would have been perfect. Wonderful. It would sit well in her dark, grudge-filled heart to know there was a mutual viciousness between them... but it was not so. She sensed his sadness. She could taste it: bittersweet, cool, yet burning, on the tip of her tongue, then seeping into her throat. There was a desperation, a desire, a deep regret... His words match the very emotions she senses from him, and they are full of apology. If it had been anger, she could have laughed... She could have cast him away. She cannot cast him away now, and it fills her with every kind of feeling that she wishes she could never feel again. She does not turn around, for fear of what their eyes would communicate to one another. She tries to maintain a mocking, sarcastic tone, but there is a tinge of something eating away at her normally cynical disposition. Her voice is soft, yet distinctly biting.

"You are apologizing to me, when I tried to kill you? Have you lost your mind, you silly man?"

Liliana grins, and gives Keith a hug. "Keith! We miss you! Minerva miss you, too."

"I will not miss a second time," Minerva hisses.

Thankfully for Minerva and unfortunately for Liliana, Myrtle is quick to use her psychic abilities to drag Keith away, presumably for his own safety. Marion's shoulders slump as her body releases from tension, but she looks oddly even more dead than when she was first being shambled into the ruins. Liliana pats her on the shoulder, and she soon revives in the comforting presence of the Duskull. Making it clear that she will say no more on the subject by an emotional gaze toward Liliana, the pair realize that they are running on a time limit and quickly head into the ruins.

Minerva and Liliana enter the first chamber, admiring the carvings on the walls and the architecture within, though both Minerva and Liliana cannot help but feel a presence within the ruins, watching them... The two exchange glances, but remain silent, not wanting to scare the presence away. As the possessed trainer and little Duskull get closer to the presence, the aura of a dedicated fighter becomes stronger and stronger. The essence of fighting energy could undoubtedly be sensed... Was there a fighting Pokemon running around the ruins?

Soon, the answer to their question makes itself known, in the form of a question mark Unown. The little punctuation mark seems wary of the pair, though Minerva is having a difficult time telling if it is the result of the possession or simply because of the nature of a questioning Pokemon. She imagined a question mark would be the first Pokemon to find things questionable...

Though Minerva certainly had a sadistic streak within her, she tended to have a soft spot for Pokemon. She silently orders Liliana to hold position, and gently extends Marion's hand to the Unown, a small smile on her face. She speaks in Banette language, so that the Unown can understand more clearly.

I will not lie to you, fighting spirit... I am not all that I appear to be. I made a horrible mistake, and now my trainer is very sick, but she wanted to meet you. Oh, I know how much she wants to meet you. She is full of questions, and I know you would love her. I did the best I could to bring her here, in hopes that you may come with us to see the world. Will you come? It can be cruel outside of these ruins, yes, I had told you I would not lie... but the world outside can also be overwhelmingly beautiful.

The little Duskull chimes in: But if you first must fight us, then I will not hold back!

Minerva reaches Marion's hand into the satchel, picking up and showing a Pokeball to the Unown. What do you say?
    Last edited by Marion Ette; 11th November 2012 at 7:31 PM. Reason: Incorporating Keith's reaction to "Marion"

[FB || PASBL]

Son_of_Shadows: Due to your mode of transport you'd arrived at the ruins of the Lost City of Alph later than you would have liked but you can see there are still many on their way and are relieved that at least you're not the last. Munna trudges along beside you, taking in the sights with awe, barely able to believe he's seeing what he's seeing when out of nowhere Professor Spencer Hale greets you with a small satchel containing 12 Pokéballs. "Please use these Pokéballs to catch as many Unown as you can," he pleads. "I'm hoping that between us all we are able to catch one of each kind to gather a complete record of these Pokémon. Remember, we don't have much time before the sandstorm reaches us so please be quick!" Shortly afterward you're standing in a room filled with hieroglyphs when you see an Unown Y hovering in the shadows, brimming with grass energy...

They'd arrived in... Well, reasonable enough time at least. They'd beaten at least 25% of the crowd, maybe as much as a third. But, the gentleman who greeted him didn't seem to appreciate this as much as Joshua had been expecting. Professor Hale here was the man who had placed the advertisement for trainers, and simply thrust a satchel of Pokéballs at him. A quick count made him realise he'd just acquired 12 free balls. Well, this was already going swimmingly. Free stuff was never unwelcome. The mission was simple: Capture as many Unown as he could. They wanted to try and capture one of every single kind, and with so many trainers on the job, the only problem was the rather limited time.

Steven concurred. Feel power... Rising. Sand...

"I know. We'll just have to move fast before we get buried alive."

... That could happen?! Maybe this bad idea.

"C'mon Steven, where's your sense of adventure?"

Somewhere safer than here.

"Don't make me drag you." Fortunately, he didn't have to, and it was off with the pair of them, heading deeper into the ruined city. Joshua couldn't help but wonder what kind of civilisation this had been. One dedicated to the strange hieroglyph Pokémon known as the Unown and their hidden powers. Were the Unown gods? Did they work and live alongside the people? What had happened to the city? Perhaps collecting all the Unown would reveal the answer. Joshua and Steven entered a small chamber, with a hieroglyphic message on the wall.

"I can't read this... Steven, think you can interpret at all?" Joshua resorted to trying to blow and wipe dust off the wall, but Steven was silent. "Steven? Buddy?"

Sense something... Something here...

"Be on guard..."

Feel pow-er... Grass pow-er...

"A Grass Pokémon?"

No... Shadows! There in shadows! They both turned to the corner at once, only to see a letter Y flying at them. Joshua had found his first Unown. But what did Steven mean by Grass power? Unown were Psychic Pokémon, right?

"Alright Steven, you know what to do! Hit him with your Hypnosis, then follow up with your Shadow Ball and Signal Beam attacks!"
    Originally Posted by scytherdude30
    no no no you need an empoleon as your powerhouse da listen to me man I AM THE BOMB
    Quote Originally Posted by Zincspider View Post
    Yes, someone is getting 'killed'... HOORAY FOR CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!....
    Fizzy Bubbles Profile.
    Fizzy Bubbles PC.
    My Soundcloud.

Myrrh: Despite having recently been pumpkinized, thankfully only colour-wise, Volts is in high spirits and is raring to go, beating you to the campsite set up by the scientific community on the outskirts of the newly unearthed Lost City of Alph and it is here that you are greeted by Professor Spencer Hale who hands you a small satchel containing 12 Pokéballs. "Please use these Pokéballs to catch as many Unown as you can," he pleads. "I'm hoping that between us all we are able to catch one of each kind to gather a complete record of these Pokémon. Remember, we don't have much time before the sandstorm reaches us so please be quick!" Not needing to be told twice you waste no time in entering the Lost City and are pleasantly surprised to encounter an Unown D within minutes. The mysterious Pokémon is charged with normal energy but doesn't appear to be as happy to see you as you are to see it...

Myrrh reaches the science campsite shortly after Volts does. They are quickly greeted by one Professor Spencer Hale and is given a satchel of twelve Pokeballs. Myrrh thanks him after the professor explains the dire situation they are all in. Myrrh and Volts then started to make their way to the Lost City.

"Hey Volts, you're not still worried about your color are you? I don't think you should, I mean, the professor back there didn't even notice your coloration. That's good right? But then again, for a scientist to not even take notice or an interest in such a color abnormality, that doesn't sound all too good either...." Volts stopped walking, and Myrrh didn't know why, for he was looking at his orange friend the whole time. Then he quickly realized his use of the word "abnormality".

"Ah, I'm sorry! I didn't mean it like-" Myrrh cut his sentence short as he finally took notice of what Volts did: and Unown . "Great, an interruption. Hm, since there are likely going to be many of you here, let's try this Volts. I'm gonna go ahead and try to catch this thing right off the bat. Now, D over there will likely escape the Pokeball or I might miss with the Pokeball altogether. If it tries to float away, try hitting it with a Pursuit. If it attacks, use Quick Attack. Okay, I better throw one of the twelve Pokeballs I got earlier as hard as I can. Hrrrr YAHHHH!"

Myrrh threw the Pokeball as hard as he could at the Unown. It seems like he really is going to wing it during his short time here....

Charminions: Eager to put your escape behind you, you concentrate on what is in front of you, and right now that happens to be the newly unveiled Lost City of Alph where many Unown are said to reside. Rumour has it this place won't last long so you want to ensure you at least have the opportunity to try and catch one of these Pokémon before they disappear. Approaching the outskirts of the city you're greeted by Professor Spencer Hale who hands you a small satchel containing 12 Pokéballs. "Please use these Pokéballs to catch as many Unown as you can," he pleads. "I'm hoping that between us all we are able to catch one of each kind to gather a complete record of these Pokémon. Remember, we don't have much time before the sandstorm reaches us so please be quick!" Very soon afterward Apollo stops dead in his tracks as you're walking along one of the many corridors located in the ruins when an Unown H appears, staring him straight in the eye and brimming with fighting energy...
    Charm and Apollo walk into the town when a man starts to approach them. He welcomes the duo and tells them he's Professor Spencer Hale, before handing Charm 12 Pokeballs. "Please use these Pokéballs to catch as many Unown as you can," he instructs. "I'm hoping that between us all we are able to catch one of each kind to gather a complete record of these Pokémon. Remember, we don't have much time before the sandstorm reaches us so please be quick!"

"Alright, Professor. We'll do our best. Thanks for the Pokeballs," Charm replies before the duo takes off into the ruins. Looking across the many corridors, Charm wonders how big the ruins actually are, and how many Unowns could possibly live here. In the midst of his awe, Apollo wanders off a little to the side before he caws in surprise.

"Apollo?" Charm runs toward his comrade and stops beside him when they see a dark shaded figure in front of them. The figure moves forward and Charm could make out that it's an Unown. One with an H shape he presumes. What's more, the Unown is eminating an aura that immediately alerted Apollo.

"It has to have the power of Fighting-types hidden within him," Charm realized. Apollo could certainly discern other Pokemon's fighting power, being a fighting-type himself, and Charm has spent nearly his whole life with Apollo, so he's gotten familiar with it as well.

"So this is our first target, eh?" Charm grins, trying to contain his excitement. "Let's show him how a real fighting-type battles. Apollo, start off by boosting your attack power with a Swords Dance. Then Crush your Claw into him and follow up with a Night Slash.

Treepandaone: The land is abuzz with news of the mysterious appearance of the Lost City of Alph in the Talasian desert. Overrun with Unown which is what most had, until now, considered to be a mythical Pokémon, they are making it difficult for the scientific community to get in there and do their jobs which is where you come in. Always eager to help, and admittedly quite curious about the site as well, you arrive at the outskirts of the lost city and are soon greeted by Professor Spencer Hale who hands you a small satchel containing 12 Pokéballs. "Please use these Pokéballs to catch as many Unown as you can," he pleads. "I'm hoping that between us all we are able to catch one of each kind to gather a complete record of these Pokémon. Remember, we don't have much time before the sandstorm reaches us so please be quick!" Soon afterwards you're entering a large chamber inside of the city where you come across an Unown S crackling with electric energy who doesn't appear at all happy to see you...
    Mystery certainly surrounded what Matthew could only describe as a scientific oddity; the discovery of such a rare and historic site to be destined to destruction within 24 hours was problematic but Matthew couldn't help the lure of danger and the opportunities that presented themselves in situations such as this. After what seemed like an eternity walking in the scorching desert with the illusion of the Lost City ahead of him Matthew finally ran up the final dune, standing tall at the top, throwing his hands in the air while his Shieldon stood proud beside him

Matthew's satisfaction, however, lasted just a few seconds as he spotted the group of trainers culminating at the mouth of the Lost City; friends from the Fizzy Bubbles region having already beaten him by some margin in the race to help out the scientists. Slowly removing his hands back to his side Matthew began the short descent, noticing the how impressive the Lost City looked from the outside.

“To see a Lost City before the majority”, he mused, his neck cranked towards the sky as he looked at the old stone buildings scattered around the city “I wonder how come nobody found this before”

A nudge from Shieldon broke Matthew from his daydream. Looking around Matthew was greeted with the presence of Spencer Hale, a well renowned professor. Eagerly shaking his hand Matthew nodded at his instructions, agreeing that for scientific purposes a captured index of all Unown types would greatly increase the knowledge about the once thought as mythical Pokémon. Matthew looked down at his Shieldon, its determined attitude far different from its usual relaxed nature confirming that it was ready for the challenge ahead.

Accepting the satchel of 12 Pokéballs Matthew dumped it in his bag, groaning a little that he had carried so many in his backpack when they were giving them out here. Taking a final look around outside, Matthew headed into the lost city before standing in the center, wondering where to go.

“So many places to explore, so little time” he complained, scratching his neck as he spotted trainers heading off in different directions in front of him. “I guess we'll go this way”

Spotting a section in where nobody was going Matthew sprinted towards a chamber entrance, looking back at the surprised Shieldon's scramble on the stone floor before finding its footing and running to catch up. With a big smile on his face, Matthew found himself being beaten by a hair by his Shieldon as they turned the corner both skidding to a halt as they saw the Pokémon in front of them.

“Uh... hello?” He said, the crackle of the Unown's electric power resonating within the chamber's walls. “Any chance I can capture you for science?”

He knew the answer but held the Pokéball in his hand just in case. Jumping in front of him, Shieldon looked to be the first line of protection, growling at the Unown as a warning. Crouching down, Matthew whispered his orders into his Pokémon's ears, giving it a quick thumbs up for encouragement. As eager as the Shieldon was to protect him, it was the small Pokémon's first battle.

“Give it time to decide if it's being friendly but if it shows no signs hit it with a Flash Cannon. Then follow it up with a Secret Power. Finish by upping your speed with a Rock Polish.”

Balmund: Always happy to lend a helping hand whenever and wherever it is needed, you waste no time in making your way to the newly unearthed City of Alph. Knowing how important it is to study the past to gain a better insight into the present and future, if there is anything you can do to help the scientific community perform their important roles then you'll do it. Kurthnaga swoops in low over the site, the meer sight of your prehistoric Pokémon causing many heads to turn. Landing upon the outskirts of the city you're greeted by Professor Spencer Hale who hands you a small satchel containing 12 Pokéballs. "Please use these Pokéballs to catch as many Unown as you can," he pleads. "I'm hoping that between us all we are able to catch one of each kind to gather a complete record of these Pokémon. Remember, we don't have much time before the sandstorm reaches us so please be quick!" Shortly afterwards you enter the ancient halls of the lost city, awestruck by the multitude of symblos on the walls, then as you enter an inner chamber find yourself confronted by an Unown W brimming with ghost energy...
    Upon hearing the Professor's explanation, Balmund secures the Pokéballs and nods in understanding before making way into the ruins. He proceeds to temporarily recall his trusted prehistoric behemoth back to his Pokéball before venturing back within the mysterious walls. Powerful as Kurthnaga may be, fighting within the confines was hardly ideal for the Flying-type. Instead however, he proceeds to call forth his equally reliable companion, his Scizor, Zelgius. Having been previously mentored by a Ghost-type specialist, Zel was very used to the odd atmospheric pressure produced by spiritual and psychic entities. Bursting out of his Pokéball, the Scizor quickly and calmly scans his surroundings before turning to his trainer. "Keep an eye open Zel, we're on a hunting mission." Balmund instructed, to which the Bug-type merely replied with a swift nod.

It wasn't long before they found themselves within the ancient halls of the lost city, saturated from wall to wall with a vast array of odd archaic symbols. The dragon tamer seems to almost gasp as he beholds them in an awestruck fashion. He's snapped back to reality however, as his companion subtly warns him of company ahead. They had found their mark. Before them floated an Unown shaped as a W which seemed to emanate a energy reminiscent of Ghost Pokémon. Balmund could bet this wasn't the only Unown in this room, after all, the walls had eyes... hundreds of them, but this wasn't time to be overly cautious. On the contrary, the best defense if often a fierce offense, and Balmund fully intended to deal with this Unown as fast as possible before moving on to whatever other threat layed ahead.

"Quick Zel, blast forth with your Ominous Wind. Then proceed to swiftly chase after it in hot Pursuit before unleashing a barrage of Fury Cutters!" Balmund commanded without hesitation, already taking hold of one of his Pokéballs [1/12]. If he were to throw one to a staggered and overwhelmed opponent, it could just be enough to guarantee an early capture. As the Scizor engaged in combat, so too would his trainer try and position himself to flank the Unown with a well placed shot. Hopefully, all of that practice back at home would pay off right now.
    Last edited by Balmund; 12th November 2012 at 2:57 AM.

Shadowshocker: The scientist within is drawing you toward the site of the newly unveiled Lost City of Alph where the rarely seen Unown, said to live in an alternate dimension, have reportedly been seen in droves in recent days. Clearly something is going on here, and you certainly don't want to be missing it. Upon arrival at the makeshift campsite on the outskirts of the lost city you're greeted by Professor Spencer Hale who hands you a small satchel containing 12 Pokéballs. "Please use these Pokéballs to catch as many Unown as you can," he pleads. "I'm hoping that between us all we are able to catch one of each kind to gather a complete record of these Pokémon. Remember, we don't have much time before the sandstorm reaches us so please be quick!" Happy to help you're soon walking into a chamber inside of the lost city, amazed by the inscriptions on the walls when a strange humming noise catches your attention. Turning your head to find the source you find yourself eye to eye with an Unown N oozing poison energy...
    Alongside the other Trainers that had begun streaming into the discarded ruins, Shadow gripped the dozen of orbs that were passed to him for duties. The mission was to collect as many of the mysterious Symbol Pokemon before the location was lost to sands of time; literally and figuratively. Most of the others already had their partners out, though the scientist rationalised that the right comrade to call upon depended on the Unown's unique Hidden Power abilities. Calling out anyone at the present juncture was likely premature.

It didn't take long for people to start meeting Unown, as well as a few unexpected encounters with protective Pokemon of the Dark variety, but soon Shadow was staring down a specimen of his own eye to eye. Somehow, waves of energy coming off the N-shaped creature began to make Shadow slightly nauseous... allowing him to identify its hidden alignment. "Durin, battle stations!" commanded Shadow, releasing the thorny pod out of his pink containment orb. True to his nature the Ferroseed merely fell to the ground with a solid thud before gazing inscrutably back at the enigmatic glyph. Shadow fingered one of the provided PokeBalls before issuing his orders.

"Bring that symbol down with your Gravity, then explode Seed Bomb all over it."
    PASBL Standings: Level 5, B+ Ref, 84-22-10, 247 KOs, 492.5 TP, 0 SP
    Badges: Biohazard, Reffing
    Don't Go Clone This Mon FB Datafile

myahoo: Yearning to experience something outside the realm of normal, it appears you've found the right place. The ancient ruins of the Lost City of Alph are spread out before you upon the desert sand while the scientific community as well as tourists and trainers are flocking to the area in the hope of witnessing the mysterious Unown Pokémon for themselves. Just outside the city's parameters you're greeted by Professor Spencer Hale who hands you a small satchel containing 12 Pokéballs. "Please use these Pokéballs to catch as many Unown as you can," he pleads. "I'm hoping that between us all we are able to catch one of each kind to gather a complete record of these Pokémon. Remember, we don't have much time before the sandstorm reaches us so please be quick!" Eager for your chance to encounter one of these rare entities you enter the ruins and within moments are confronted by an Unown M who doesn't appear to want you to go any further. It's crackling with Ice energy, and appears hell-bent on using it if necessary...
    "Wow. A lot of people must've been interested in coming to this place," Melissa commented as she scanned the crowd, Wildfire nodding agreement as he looked around. She thought she might have recognized a handful of the trainers arriving as some she'd spotted in the Bar during her short excursion there, but she quickly moved on; they were under a time limit, after all, and she could consider returning to the establishment once this adventure was complete.

She searched out a professor, who briefly introduced himself and handed her a satchel with the instructions to catch as many Unown as she could. With a smile and a nod, she entered the ruins, shifting her Cyndaquil up to his usual perch on her left shoulder and checking to make sure her Aron hadn't gotten lost in the crowd. Opening the satchel, she counted twelve Pokeballs and raised an eyebrow. "Is it even possible to find twelve Unown before the sandstorm hits?" she wondered aloud, closing the satchel and slipping it onto her back. Wildfire shrugged, while Mar made a noncommittal sound. They didn't have any idea, either.

The trio began walking further into the city, glancing around at the ruins around them and waiting expectantly for an Unown to find them. From what they'd heard on the news, the Unown would confront the archaeologists and scientists studying the ruins on their own, so they didn't go out of their way to search out the Pokemon. After all, these Pokemon were already super protective of their home; no need to get them angry on top of that.

It wasn't long before an Unown confronted them, crackling Ice energy surrounding the floating Symbol Pokemon and standing in their way. Wildfire shifted slightly on Melissa's shoulder and then flared his flames, careful not to burn his friend, but also warning the Unown not to mess with them, ice being weak to fire and all that. Mar glanced up at Melissa, figuring she'd want to jump straight into a fight, and he was quickly proved right when she met his gaze with a smirk, before turning back to the Unown.

"Sorry, little guy, we're not gonna stop for you," she told the Pokemon who obviously didn't want them to go any further. "We wanna see what these ruins are all about. Mar! You're up, buddy. We'll start off with a Shadow Claw, followed by a Headbutt and we'll finish off with Metal Claw." Not to mention grab a few Unown, while we're here, Melissa added silently, as her Aron stepped up to do battle.

fishyfool: With your pumpkin coloured Lunatone in tow you head for the newly unearthed ruins of the ancient city of Alph hoping to uncover the mysteries of the Unown. Greeted by Professor Spencer Hale who hands you a small satchel containing 12 Pokéballs, you look to the man with interest. "Please use these Pokéballs to catch as many Unown as you can," he pleads. "I'm hoping that between us all we are able to catch one of each kind to gather a complete record of these Pokémon. Remember, we don't have much time before the sandstorm reaches us so please be quick!" Soon after you're venturing along one of the many corridors when an Unown P appears, shimmering with ghost energy...

Upon his arrival at the site, Alex found Nuhoko heading for a small campsite where numerous trainers seemed to enter and leave in a stream, their pokemon following suit. Joining the queue, he found himself before a rather exasperated man who hands him a satchel with a dozen pokeballs.

"I'm Professor Spencer Hale, sorry to keep the introductions short, but there's not much time until the sandstorm is upon us, so be quick!"

Hurried out of the tent, Alex shrugs before turning to his pumpkin toned moon rock, and nudges him.

"I believe a little guidance could work. I shall lead?" Nodding, Alex tailed the Lunatone down some corridors in the ruins for some time, until the Meteorite stopped before him. Turning, the trainer found numerous sigils in the walls, but noticed Nuhoko staring down one in particular, which seemed to be peeling from the walls. Within seconds, a creature in the form of the letter P had appeared, thin wisps of a spectral energy floating around it.

"Unown, huh? Let's give Har..." he started before he realised with some distress that his Aipom's ball was absent. In fact, he had only brought one normal type, Harpe having been dropped off for some time in the daycare. The problem, unsurprisingly, was what normal type it was. Giving a groan, he turned towards the rock type, expectant of him to battle. Nuhoko shook himself.

"The energy from that icon is less than pleasant to me."

Frowning, Alex gave a sigh before plucking out the shadow ball and giving it a fling, knowing that trouble was only on the horizon as the orb burst open, revealing a Zangoose as purple as the energy floating around the P. Giving a yawn, Totsuka realised she was out, looked at the psychic pokemon before her, looked round at Nuhoko who gave as good a shrug as a Lunatone could, turned to face Alex who appeared crestfallen, then promptly palmed her feline face at the absurd situation.

"Lemme get this straight...your surefire answer to this is me..." the shadow pokemon sighed as the Lunatone translated. Giving a sheepish nod, Alex whispered a small apology, to which the Zangoose only palmed her face again.

"Could you perhaps swords dance then slash him, before trying to disable whatever offensive measure it has?"

Giving a grunt, the Cat ferret pokemon turned to face the Unown. She was reluctant to fight at best, and lazy at worst, yet Alex knew the symbol was likely unable to do anything back.

I reject your Nyancats and replace it with my own.
    FB

Dark Searchman: Swooping low over the recently unearthed City of Alph you're amazed by its size, not having expected it to be such a large site. A person could get lost in there so it's probably a good thing that many of the structures are already semi collapsed. At least you can't get lost in the maze of corridors winding throughout the city. You've barely had time to stretch after landing on the outskirts of the ruins when you're greeted by Professor Spencer Hale who hands you a small satchel containing 12 Pokéballs. "Please use these Pokéballs to catch as many Unown as you can," he pleads. "I'm hoping that between us all we are able to catch one of each kind to gather a complete record of these Pokémon. Remember, we don't have much time before the sandstorm reaches us so please be quick!" Soon after you enter one of the many chambers dotting the city when you hear a low growl coming from a shadowy corner. Wondering what it could be you take a step closer, as does the Absol whose eyes are glowing deep red. It doesn't want you here and it appears the Disaster Pokémon will do what it needs to do to ensure you leave this place post haste...

Now that Hyrem and Icarus were flying in at a lower altitude, they could now see just how vast these ruins were. "Whoa, this is huge!" Hyrem said in awe. The size of the ancient city exceeded his expectations by far. He then realized how easy it would be to get lost but was thankful some of the paths looked collapsed so it would be a little easier to navigate. "Icarus, let's land there, where the other trainers are!" he ordered his Skarmory. No sooner did they land and Hyrem dismounted before they were greeted by Prof. Spencer Hale. He quickly hands each trainer a bag with 12 Pokeballs inside it before explaining the mission: "Please use these Pokéballs to catch as many Unown as you can. I'm hoping that between us all we are able to catch one of each kind to gather a complete record of these Pokémon. Remember, we don't have much time before the sandstorm reaches us so please be quick!"

Oh yeah, I almost forgot about that... Hyrem thought. Yeah, that was one catch to this story I forgot to tell you kids about: there was supposed to be a sandstorm, even bigger than the one that uncovered this place, that was going to come and bury these ruins in 24 hours, and anybody that was stuck inside... best of luck to them! So anyway Hyrem would have to keep the clock on his mind and hope he got a good number of Unown before he had to leave.

So! Hyrem and Icarus begin by going inside what was probably an ancient building of some sort. A few steps in and-

"Solllll..." they could hear a low, threatening growl from deep inside a dark corner.

"Wh-what is that?" Hyrem asked with worry. "Who's there?"

"Skarrr..." Icarus gave out a low growl of his own, warning the mysterious figure of what would happen if it tried anything against his trainer.

But as Hyrem approached, so did the white-furred catlike creature with a black face, horn, claws, and tail, its glowing red eyes giving off a menacing gaze. "Whoa, I... don't think that's an Unown..." the trainer postulated, and indeed Dexelle, his Pokedex, proved it:

Absol, the Disaster Pokemon. A Pokemon that can live for 100 years on average, it rarely leaves its mountainous habitat unless it senses an impending catastrophe with its sensitive horn, in which case it warns the surrounding civilizations. However, this behavior has brought on myths that it is the harbinger of these disasters when it is simply warning everyone of such phenomena.

Hyrem then had a glint of awe in his eyes. "Wow, now that is an awesome Pokemon," he then said. "I know Prof. Hale wanted us to use these Pokeballs to catch Unown, but I figured that'd be all I'd see! I don't think he'd mind if I made an exception... So, you ready for this, Icarus?"

"Skarrr!" cawed Icarus, stomping his foot on the ground as he went into a battle stance.

"Cool, let's synch up and battle then!" Hyrem called out. "Let's start out with a Taunt to keep Absol from using some of its tricks; maybe we can gain an advantage by forcing it to attack! Follow things up with a Leer to lower its defense, then a Peck to get some damage going!" Hopefully, his attempt to catch this Absol wouldn't be the disaster it may be warning them about!

Claim: 12 Pokeballs for use in this campaign
    Last edited by Dark Searchman; 12th November 2012 at 4:49 AM.

Mon1010: Making what would have to be one of the most awkward entrances any trainer has seen in quite some time, many eyes turn to you as you attempt to have your Togetic fly you into the site. Some smile, some frown, some outright laugh, while others look like they want to report you to the police for Pokémon cruelty, but regardless of your means of transportation, you've arrived at your intended destination and have wisely decided that another mode of transport will be more appropriate in the future. Met by Professor Spencer Hale who greets you with a small satchel, you look to the man with interest. "Please use these Pokéballs to catch as many Unown as you can," he pleads. "I'm hoping that between us all, we are able to catch one of each kind to gather a complete record of these Pokémon. Remember, we don't have much time before the Sandstorm reaches us so please be quick!" Not wasting another moment you enter the city in search of adventure when an Unown K glowing with Bug energy appears before you, unwilling to allow you to pass any further.
    As Scott continued onwards, he felt like the eyes of every trainer in the area was on him. They all saw his entrance into the site. The reaction of a young man flying in on a small Pokémon was mixed. Some had a good laugh about it, while others looked disappointed, some even looked outright horrified. Scott just walked on by, and did his best to ignore it. After all, there were adventures to be had, there was no time to be preoccupied with the opinions of others.

Soon, he was greeted by a man named Professor Spencer Hale. After handing Scott a satchel containg 12 Pokéballs. Afterward, Professor Hale explained that Scott, along with the other trainer's that were here, were to catch Unowns, because they wanted a record of all the different kinds. He was also told to be quick about it, because there was a sandstorm approaching.

"Unown's huh? That shouldn't be too hard." After thanking Professor Hale, Scott and Angela wasted no time entering the city. Immediately, an Unown K got in the way.

"Look at that, I just set foot in here, and one of these things show up. Well, since you look like a persistent little fella, I guess we'll have to battle you then." Upon hearing the word battle, she immediately flew in front of the symbol Pokémon. Being more comfortable with battles after evolving, than she was as a Togepi. She also didn't consider this Unown to be a particularly tough opponent.

Unlike his Pokémon, Scott knew better than to underestimate his foe. After all, the biggest challenges often came from unexpected places. "Careful Angela. We don't know what this thing is capable of. I wouldn't underestimate it if I were you."

"Togetiic" Angela answered calmly while flicking her wrist. Then, she turned to face her opponent.

"Alright then, let's get this started. First Plot something Nasty to boost your attacking power, then give it a Sweet Kiss. to disorient it a bit. Afterwards, follow that up with a Flamethrower
    Last edited by Monster Guy; 12th November 2012 at 3:10 AM.

gmoyes: Luckily you'd not been too far from the centre of what is currently the world news hot spot when word was released regarding the recently unveiled Lost City of Alph. Unown are by far one of the most rarely seen Pokémon, so rare that many still believe them to be myth. It appears, however, that Unown are not only real, but they've suddenly appeared in large numbers and there's no way you're going to allow the opportunity to study these Pokémon up close pass you by. It isn't long before you reach the makeshift campsite set up by Pokémon professors, researchers, and journalists on the outskirts of the ancient city and it is here that you meet Professor Spencer Hale who hands you a small satchel containing 12 Pokéballs. "Please use these Pokéballs to catch as many Unown as you can," he pleads. "I'm hoping that between us all we are able to catch one of each kind to gather a complete record of these Pokémon. Remember, we don't have much time before the sandstorm reaches us so please be quick!" Soon after you're examining an inscription on a wall of one of the temples when an Unown L containing a mass of bug energy appears to want you to take a hike...

After trecking across the sand, Alex finally got to the camp outside of the ruined city. "I have got to get a easier mod of transport," he muttered to himself panting. He paused for a moment to catch his breath and looked over the old city. He was amazed that all of this was buried under sand for Arceus knows how long and it will be covered up again way too soon. The good thing was that there were a couple dozen trainers here to explore everything. Who knew what could be discovered here?

When Alex got down to the camp, he could see plenty of other trainers of all ages and skill levels that had already made their way into the city. Then he saw the scientist that seemed in charge and was starstruck. Of course the world renowned expert on Unown would be here. He immediately went over to him and shook his hand. "Professor Hale! Great to make your aquaintance! I'm a fan of your work on the Legendary Pokemon. I expect a great report on your findings here." The scientist looked at Alex a little stunned and then held out a bag and said a line that sounded as if he said it dozens of times, and judging by all the trainers, he probably did. Alex took the bag from the professor andslung it over his shoulder and gave a nod of thanks. "I hope you do well with your research. I look forward to reading your results. Thanks for the pokeballs." With that, he headed into the city.

Alex started wandering around the city, every once in a while he would pause to take a picture of the Unown script carved into the walls. As he looked at one particular wall, he got the feeling he was being watched. He turned around and his eyes met the one belonging to and Unown L. The wild pokemon surrounded itself with a green/yellow energy ready to attack. From his studies on pokemon aura, he reconized the typing of the Hidden Power as Bug. He quickly reached into his pocket and pulled out a pokeball and released the pokemon it contained. "Kilo, let's go!" The gear pokemon appeared in a flash and its twin gears locked its sights on the psychic type. Alex smirked. The bug typed attack wouldn't do much against steel types. They could catch it without much trouble.

"Ok Kilo, ram it with a Flame Charge and then trap it with a Vicegrip. Then unleash a Thunderbolt into it." As he issued orders, Alex shrugged the bag full of pokeballs off his shoulder a pulled one out and prepared to throw it. He watched his Klink as its gears spun together to build up energy to attack. This shouldn't be much trouble.
    I have clamed... the mighty Thor. Oh wait it's Throh *Facepalm*
    Fizzy Bubbles
    PASBL Stats
    My fanfic: Island of New Sundai

"Oh, ok. So 24 hours before the next one... is that what they are saying? Ok then... I better get going... yes love you too mum... bye." Henry finally got off the phone with his mum after discussing the very random psychic sandstorm that has occurred in the Isle of Talas. His mum was feeding him information on the events over the past few days and Henry decides he wants to go and investigate these strange occurrences.

As the boy closes in on the city, he thinks about who he should be taking with him on his adventure. He decides relatively quickly that the most logical thing to do would be bringing both his Houndour, Blaze, a dark-type that could deal with the many Unown around the area. Blaze also is dealing with the recoloring that he got from the Haunted Mirror, he hasn't been the same since the event. Henry also decides that having someone else with a type advantage over these Unown would be a smart idea as back up so he brings along Jeremy, his Heracross.

Once Henry arrives at the Lost City of Alph, he let's out Blaze to give him a quick briefing.

"Ok buddy, here we are! You understand what we are here for yeah?" The Houndour gives back a nod but he seems quite upset still.

"Come on man, you don't look that bad..." Blaze continues to mope around, much to his trainers distress.

"Well, we are here now and you are going to be very important in this adventure if any Unown do in fact show up. Ok? So change your attitude or we aren't going to get anywhere." Henry can only hope his Houndour will get over this problem, otherwise this isn't going to be a fun adventure...

OOC: Thanks guys for letting Arc take some extra's that missed the event

uhhhhh: While wandering the great open desert plains of the Talas desert you find yourself stumbling across the ruins of an ancient city, completely oblivious to the fact that trainers from across the globe are descending upon the site in droves. Being one of the first few to arrive you find it's pretty quiet when out of nowhere one of the researchers from the campsite on the outskirts of the city approaches you, explaining what is happening whilst handing you a satchel containing 12 Pokéballs. "Please use these Pokéballs to catch as many Unown as you can," the professor pleads. "I'm hoping that between us all we are able to catch one of each kind to gather a complete record of these Pokémon. Remember, we don't have much time before the sandstorm reaches us so please be quick!" You're not sure what he means by "sandstorm" and very little else made sense either, but he did just give away 12 Pokéballs so you take the satchel without another thought. Heading into the ruins only a few minutes pass before you're confronted by an Unown D bristling with bug energy...

The Satchel and Pokéballs provided are for use in this event only and CANNOT be added to your inventory
    Connor and Gaspard had continued to wander around the lost city looking for the right places to take a good picture of. As soon as Connor had taken yet another photo, Gaspard pointed at something to get Connor's attention. "Aipo-aipo?" "Hm, what is it buddy? Oh?" Connor then turned around to see a researcher rushing towards him. The researcher had hastily explained to the photographer about everything that's going on right now though the latter barely caught on with what he was saying. Before Connor could even speak and ask a question, the researcher had forced onto his hands a stachel containing twelve Pokeballs. "Please use these Pokéballs to catch as many Unown as you can," the researcher pleads. "Wait a seco-" Connor was interrupted once more by the researcher, "I'm hoping that between us all we are able to catch one of each kind to gather a complete record of these Pokémon. Remember, we don't have much time before the sandstorm reaches us so please be quick!" the researcher had then ran off.

"Hey wait! Geez... I didn't even get to say anything. He didn't even introduce himself!" he scratched his head as he looked at the stachel he was holding. "Well, I'm not exactly running short on Pokeballs anyway. I mean, I do have practically a hundred of them with me, but... hmm... that guy mentioned something about a sandstorm right? Are they rushing because of that? Not to mention there's also something about catching Unown... I didn't quite get the rest though... what do you think Gaspard?" he asked the Aipom on his shoulder who just shrugged, apparently he too barely understood what the researcher had said. Connor sighed, "Well, whatever. The guy wants us to catch Unown and I don't think he would harm them, so... I suppose it wouldn't hurt to help them out. What do you say?" Gaspard grinned and let out a loud "Aipom!" in agreement with Connor's decision and thus the duo headed off once more with a new objective in the ruins: to catch Unown.

A few minutes later, the duo had spotted one of their targets: an Unown D. "Ah! There's one of them!" Connor exclaims as he scanned the symbol Pokemon with his Pokedex.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokedex
    Unown, the Symbol Pokemon. When alone, nothing happens. However, if there are two or more, an odd power is said to emerge.
    Connor had looked around to see if there were any other Unown around. "Nope, there's no other Unown around here... just this little guy." The photographer then spoke to the Unown, "You know... to be honest, I'd rather take a photograph of you than to catch you. Really! I'm really sorry for what I'm about to do to you though. Nothing personal, okay?" he told him, "Alright Gaspard, seems like those researchers are in a hurry. Let's make this quick okay? Two Shadow Claws right from the get-go! Let's take it out in a few hits!" he then picked out one of the Pokeballs (1/12) from the stachel and got himself ready to throw it towards the Unown D. Should the sack of balls run out, he could always resort to using his own hundred Pokeballs anyway. Basically he wasn't going to run out of any Pokeballs anytime soon.

takkupanda: Riding your Arcanine into the makeshift campsite set up by Pokémon professors, researchers, and journalists upon the outskirts of the recently unveiled City of Alph, you're brimming with excitement at the prospect of capturing your first Pokémon. The fact your first capture could end up being such a rare Pokémon is just icing on the proverbial cake! Greeted by Professor Spencer Hale, a prominent Pokémon Researcher, he hands you a small satchel containing 12 Pokéballs. "Please use these Pokéballs to catch as many Unown as you can," he pleads. "I'm hoping that between us all we are able to catch one of each kind to gather a complete record of these Pokémon. Remember, we don't have much time before the sandstorm reaches us so please be quick!" Not wasting any time you head into the ruins and within minutes find yourself confronted with a rather intimidating looking Pawniard. Definitely not what you'd expected to see, but interesting nonetheless...

The Satchel and Pokéballs provided are for use in this event only and CANNOT be added to your inventory
    As Marcelo and Broly approached the campsite, they looked around and found a famous Pokemon Researcher named Prof. Spencer Hale. Without wasting any time, Prof. Hale handed them a satchel with 12 Pokeballs and asked them to go, look for and capture as many Unown as possible in the limited time they had. Taking the Satchel quickly, Marcelo mounted onto the Arcanine and after saying, "Thanks a lot, Professor Hale! We'll try to make the most of this opportunity! You can count on us!", they set off onto a trail which led them into the ruins.

"Exciting, isn't it?" Marcelo said to Broly and Broly barked in agreement as they went on and soon spotted something interesting. It wasn't quite what they were hoping for though and instead of seeing an Unown, they had come across a somewhat intimidating Pawniard. Marcelo pulled out his Pokedex to decide what to do with this Pokemon.

Pawniard, the Sharp Blade Pokemon. Pawniard's entire body is made of blades which it uses to inflict damage on its opponent.
    "Hmm.. looks interesting and quite rare, I guess", Marcelo wondered out loud. "Even though we might not have time for this, we have to do something about it and seeing as it looks ready for battle, what do you say, we try and capture it? We're here to get our first capture anyway! And I don't think it will take long!". Broly nodded in agreement as he took a few steps closer to the Pawniard and got ready for battle. Marcelo dismounted and stepped back and adjusted his hat and got ready.

"Alright, then. Let's do this!" Marcelo exclaimed. "Broly! Start away with a Flamethrower. Then get close to it with a Flame Wheel. Then finish it up with a Double Kick! You can do it, Broly!"
    Last edited by takkupanda; 16th November 2012 at 2:09 PM. Reason: Fixed typo
    PASBL
    TL2, 10W-3L-0T, 27 KO, 64 TP, 31.25 SP, B- Grade Ref

Fizzy Bubbles

Cable Club Trading List

Coolz8: Eager to help the scientific community with their research, and happy to try and catch one of these mysterious Pokémon for yourself, you set off into the Talasian desert in search of the Lost City of Alph which luckily isn't too hard to find at the moment with all of the hype currently surrounding the site. People can bee seen flying in on their Flying Pokémon, or by helicopter, or by walking or trekking across the hot desert sand. With everyone descending upon the site it's not too hard to spot. Upon arrival you're greeted by Professor Spencer Hale who hands you a small satchel containing 12 Pokéballs. "Please use these Pokéballs to catch as many Unown as you can," he pleads. "I'm hoping that between us all we are able to catch one of each kind to gather a complete record of these Pokémon. Remember, we don't have much time before the sandstorm reaches us so please be quick!" Soon after you find yourself walking along one of the maze of corridors within the city limits when an Unown N appears, glowing with bug energy and determined to keep you out...

A windy day rasped over the horizon, and Frinth gave his own reply to a dreaded disturbance which got him down on his knees.

He felt something out of place when he got hold of those pokeballs. A disturbance delivered a blurred package to his vision, but he forced out a phrase, a few words to give his blessing, a show of gratitude to the elderly man who came by to deliver such needed goods on a tedious journey, knowing how the others probably existed in other inconvenient locations.

“Thank You, this is very much appreciated.” was what he mouthed out.

The Lost City seemed vast to him, and he ingested any particle that may have floated around into his respiratory channels.

Frinth could no longer hold his stance, and after one signal sent from his consciousness, his posture fluttered away and left him for collapse. His place on the path wavered and alarmed his partner on the way. There he lay, unresponsive, which forced Trick to pick up all the items that fell from his satchel. It wasn’t too much of a burden, as only twelve metallic balls were held within. But Trick dragged him along, which brought Frinth back leaping on his ankle, recovering a position which may have been interpreted as aggressive. “I’m sorry, Trick… I just didn’t feel well at that point… We may be approaching something of peculiar origin.”

After a few steps, they come across a dark figure materializing into what humans may perceive. A letter from their alphabet, the letter N.

An Unown floated in midair, resembling the letter mentioned, pulsing with green energy. Grass? No… It’s too dull…. A Bug-type, then… Frinth thought.

“Trick, we won’t have time for anything creative. Let’s stick to classics for now.”
    “Sigh… I just pulled you along here… And you still expect me to kill this thingo…”
    “I’m sorry.”
    “Darn… What may your orders be?”

”Here we go…”

“Trick! Blind it with Flash! Head on in with Absorb! Pound its back when you’ve finished.

Food Guy: Feeling in surprisingly good spirits despite your walk through the desert, you're even more impressed to see that you're only the second trainer to have reached the makeshift camp set up on the outskirts of the Lost City of Alph. Pleased with this as you're hoping it means you'll have a better chance at catching more Unown than the straggling trainers, you're trying to warm Acorn up to the adventure without a great deal of luck. First glyphs, then Unown, and to top it off a 24 hour time limit! Your little Nuzleaf is not impressed :/ Soon distracted from your thoughts by Professor Spencer Hale who greets you with a small satchel containing 12 Pokéballs, you look to the man with interest. "Please use these Pokéballs to catch as many Unown as you can," he pleads. "I'm hoping that between us all we are able to catch one of each kind to gather a complete record of these Pokémon. Remember, we don't have much time before the sandstorm reaches us so please be quick!" Before long you're entering what was once a person's home, an Unown Z hovering in the corner glowing with fighting energy...

"Please use these Pokéballs to catch as many Unown as you can. 'm hoping that between us all we are able to catch one of each kind to gather a complete record of these Pokémon. Remember, we don't have much time before the sandstorm reaches us so please be quick!"

Karmas nodded and grabbed the balls and satchel, he was going to help. And who knew, there might be a chance or something to actually keep the Unown that he ended up catching. That was always a plus. By his side, Acorn looked at the pleading professor, she thought it was a little pathetic how eager he seemed. That said though, she was very interesting in these Unown.

Deciding that she was eager to go, and she wanted to go now, Acorn grabbed a hold of Karmas' arm and started pulling him along. Soon the pair found themselves in the ruins of an old house, and to their surprise there was an Unown Z floating in the corner. Karmas pulled out his pokedex and opened it. After a couple of steps he took a step back.

"Hey Acorn," he started, "It appears that we might be at a slight disadvantage. The dex says that this Unown has a Fighting type Hidden Power. Which puts you at disadvantage. Do you want to fight it?"

Acorn looked at her trainer and nodded her head, she wasn't going to be perturbed by some fighting type fueled punk pokemon.

"Okay then, use Fake Out, then use a Razor Leaf, and then hit it with a Nature Power!" ordered Karmas.

In the midst of the mysterious island lies an excavation site of unparalleled importance. A forgotten city lies within wreckage as time continues to weather the majesty. A Professor has set up an expedition and has been looking for trainers extraordinaire to accompany him in his task to uncover the secrets of the ruins of Alph...

A lad suddenly materializes in front of the entrance to the Lost City of Alph with his companion Ralts right beside him. The debris has been cleared up by the early adventurers eager to wrestle 'em up a good time. He checks his bag to see if he left anything behind before continuing his work.

"Oh, I hope we aren't too late to join in?" the boy asks. He looks around with his Ralts for the Professor who's heading the expedition. "Well, I guess they already went inside... I guess it's safe to go in already, right Kara?" he asks. The Ralts replies with a nod. "It's better late than never... I hope I still know how to adventure right!"

The Lost City of Alph
    Find the Unown!

POKéMON TRAINERS WANTED!

For the past several days the ancient Isle of Talas has experienced a bizarre series of unexplained psychic events finally resulting in the largest sandstorm ever recorded in the land's history which has unearthed the remains of an ancient city inhabited by what scientists believe to be the rarely ever sighted Unown Pokémon.

Very protective of their ruined city, the Unown are making it difficult for archaeologists and scientists alike to access the area to study the Pokémon themselves or the inscriptions left behind by an ancient race of humans who appear to have lived in harmony with these mysterious Pokémon.

Most disturbingly, another psychic sandstorm, even larger than the one that has unearthed these ancient ruins, is on its way and expected to bury the city within 24 hours. Leaders of the academic world are calling upon Pokémon trainers in the vicinity to help capture all forms of Unown before the city is lost forever!
    "Unown huh? Well I suppose I should do all that I can to help." Big says. "Are you sure it is ok to force all of them out of their home though? It doesn't seem right" This came from the horsea he had in his arms. "Don't worry Queendra I think we are just getting one of each forme so that scientists can study them. The government wouldn't allow a mass capture like that after what happened to the dratini in the Kanto safari zone." Big reassures her. "Oh ok! I guess that is ok!" She says cheerfully. "Let's go help people then!" She hopped out of his arms and started off hopping towards some ruins. As the trainer followed he let the Heracross known as Hercules out of his Pokeball. The bug type immediately salutes his trainer. "I told you that this isn't necessary." "Yessir!" He says without dropping the salute. Big sighs. "Alright. You have the type advantage on unowns so you will probably be doing the fighting ok?" "Yessir!" The Heracross says again. "Come on guys!" Queendra yells back. "I can barely hop on land and I'm way ahead of you. Lets get a move on!" Big grins and runs towards his pokemon.
    PASBL stats
    FB stats
    Virtuadopt clicks

Interested in the PASBL (Pokemon Anime Style Battle League)? Read our Getting Started thread! Got a question? Go to our Q/A thread.

Anyone may ref for me

John's Knight: Dry desert heat is unpleasant at the best of times, but when your mischievous partner in crime is doing everything in his power to trip you up every step of the way just for a laugh then this kind of trek doesn't end up being as enjoyable as it otherwise could be. Finally reaching the recently unearthed Lost City of Alph you breathe a sigh of relief, glad for the shade that its chambers, hallways, and temples will provide. Soon greeted by Professor Spencer Hale who hands you a small satchel containing 12 Pokéballs, you look to the man with interest. "Please use these Pokéballs to catch as many Unown as you can," he pleads. "I'm hoping that between us all we are able to catch one of each kind to gather a complete record of these Pokémon. Remember, we don't have much time before the sandstorm reaches us so please be quick!" Soon afterward you're walking along a long corridor when an appears before you radiating dragon energy and it doesn't appear all too happy to see you...

John couldn't help but smile once Professor Hale gave him a satchel with 12 Pokéballs. This had to be a sign of his luck - he had forgotten his own free Pokéballs at home! Fate was certainly suggesting today was his day, as he thanked Professor for his gift and concern, and continued forward, deep into the ruins of Alph, with Gósth at his side, still smiling mischievously.

Soon enough they found what they were looking for - a mysterious creature appeared in front of them, seemingly looking like an " O ", an eye in the center of its figure. He didn't need a Pokédex for this - he knew that was an Unown. Keeping in check his awe at it for a while, he tried to quickly think of a strategy, before it could escape or prove harder to manage than they though.

"Gósth" he turned to his pokemon, whose smile faded somewhat at the sight of the pokemon, and especially when it began radiating its hidden energy - although they couldn't both be sure, but they had spent enough time near Legend the Dragonite to feel its true dragon nature. "We have to be quick on this. The type of its Hidden Power doesn't appear to be type-advantageous, but don't underestimate it nonetheless. First, let's prevent its escape with your MEANest LOOK. Then, poison it with a TOXIC attack, and finish it with a SHADOW PUNCH."

Gósth nodded in acknowledgment, his grin returning to his face. This was certainly special - besides being his first battle ever, it's against the 'legendary' Unown. "Good luck" the trainer wished, hoping for the results of this battle to be 'legendary' as well.

jolteonjak: Torkoal is feeling quite at home out here in the desert and as you gather with many other trainers who have flocked to the area you hope your fiery sidekick is up for the job. That said, you're not exactly sure what it is you're up against but are quietly confident you'll get by no matter what is thrown at you. The newly unveiled Lost City of Alph is an amazing sight to behold, very much larger than you had expected, it's no wonder the scientific community is calling for Pokémon trainers to help. Approaching the site you're greeted by Professor Spencer Hale who hands you a small satchel containing 12 Pokéballs. "Please use these Pokéballs to catch as many Unown as you can," he pleads. "I'm hoping that between us all we are able to catch one of each kind to gather a complete record of these Pokémon. Remember, we don't have much time before the sandstorm reaches us so please be quick!" Soon after you're walking through the ruins of an ancient arena within the lost city when a Sigilyph suddenly swoops down from above. It appears rather protective of its territory and doesn't seem to think you should be here. Oh dear...

“Please use these Pokeballs to catch as many Unown as you can,” Chad listened to Professor Spencer Hale as he was handed a pouch containing some Pokeballs. “I’m hoping that between us all we are able to catch one of each kind to gather a complete record of these Pokémon.” Chad counted the contents of the pouch to find there were twelve Pokeballs within it. “Remember, we don’t have much time before the sandstorm reaches us so please be quick!”

“You can count on us Professor,” Chad replied confidently. He looked down at Torkoal who seemed to be saluting the Professor by puffing himself up straight.

The pair ran off towards the ancient city. When they got within the city’s limits they began to search more carefully. “My parents have often told me,” Chad spoke softly to Torkoal as they investigated the area, “to look but don’t touch. Humans’ hands are oily, and those oils could damage these ruins.” Chad and Torkoal kept walking. “Oh look Torkoal, this must be some ancient arena.” They enter the field of the arena. “Imagine all the tournaments that must have been held here.”

“Torkoal,” Torkoal nodded in acknowledgement.

All of a sudden Chad turned up to the sky to see something soaring towards them. “What the hell is that?!” he cried out.

“Koal Torkoal Tor Tor Torkoal,” Torkoal replied.

“Are you telling me that’s a Pokémon,” Chad asked surprised. Torkoal nodded. Having never seen something like that before he instinctively reached for his Pokedex to scan it:

Sigilyph the Avianoid Pokémon. Sigilyph are the guardians of an ancient city. They use their psychic power to attack enemies that invade their territory.
    “Sigilyph, huh?” Chad thought for a brief moment. “Why have I never heard of them?” Chad looked back at Sigilyph who was getting even closer. “It’s guarding this arena, and we’re invading its territory. However, we do have a mission to complete. I don’t see any signs of anyone nearby. We could discover something important if we could really search hard here.”

“I know what kind of firepower you have Torkoal. Your previous trainer trained you very well. Fire a Flame Burst towards it as a warning shot. Your goal here is not to injure it; just scare it off. If it retaliates, set up a screen with your Smog.”

Stats
    OOC: Claiming a sachel of 12 Pokeballs to only be used in the campaign.

Stark: Dusty is in his element way out here in the desert and is loving every second of it which is a far cry from your own feelings on the matter. Your attire hasn't exactly done you any favours as you're well aware that a little foresight will have better prepared you in the comfort stakes at least but you're here now, with the ruins just ahead. Surprised by just how large the site appears to be you head on over where you're greeted by Professor Spencer Hale who hands you a small satchel containing 12 Pokéballs. "Please use these Pokéballs to catch as many Unown as you can," he pleads. "I'm hoping that between us all we are able to catch one of each kind to gather a complete record of these Pokémon. Remember, we don't have much time before the sandstorm reaches us so please be quick!" While your interest is more in protecting those you've come to care for in Talas than in aiding the professor or anyone else for that matter, you take what he has offered and enter the city limits, wondering if anything residing here really is a threat or if those descending upon the site are the real enemy. Your thoughts are soon interrupted, however, when an Unown H appears, bristling with bug energy, and apparently set on halting your progress...

"Hmmm...." Stark stared at the floating letter pokemon for a moment. This was the first time he had ever seen an unown in person. He had heard of them, but never seen one. his mind flashed back only a few minutes to the brief conversation he had with Professor Hale. Okay, conversation might be exaggerating the actual exchange. Hale basically threw a satchel full of pokeballs at him and whooshed him off into the ruins. Stark had barely enough time to nod at the man before his attention was on another trainer. Regardless, it only helped to demonstrate how urgent everything was. If these pokemon weren't contained within the next 24 hours, who knew what could happen?

Regardless, it hadn't taken Stark long to find an Unown and now here he was staring it in the face. Or at least what he thought was a face. It difficult to tell with some of the stranger looking pokemon. The trainer bit his lip for a second before pulling out his old Kanto styled pokedex to scan the creature. "Because different types of Unown exist, it is said that they must have a variety of abilities," the synthesized voice of his scanner stated. With another look Stark could see that this particular Unown was the letter 'H' and seemed to be teeming with bug energy.

The trainer looked down at his partner for a second to see the tiny sandshrew gazing almost absentmindedly at the floating creature. Stark ran through the options in his mind for a minute. He could try to communicate with the creature. They were supposed to be psychic after all. Then again, given the aggressive stance it seemed to have with Stark's presence there, perhaps capturing it was the best option. at least that way they could try to learn more from it in a safer environment.

"Alright Dusty. As much as I would like to just spend time talking to this thing, we are here for a reason and I say we power through as best we can to accomplish this task before it's too late. Are you with me?" Stark nodded at his partner only to see the little ground type squeak as he took an attack stance with one of his sharply clawed arms pointed outward. Smiling, Stark narrowed his eyes and looked back toward the Unown and let loose his plan of attack, "Alright then Dusty! Let's do this! Use Night Slash and follow it up with X-Scissor!" With any luck the type advantages of those moves would give them an early advantage against the unown H.
    Last edited by Stark; 15th November 2012 at 7:03 AM.

Plight of Leon: With Yanmega your reluctant sidekick for this adventure you arrive at the makeshift campsite set up by Pokémon professors, researchers, and journalists, all of whom are after answers they most likely will not be able to find with such a short frame of time to work with. Going from the growing number of trainers you can see arriving in repsonse to the bulletin, however, then perhaps they'll at least be able to find some of them. You're soon greeted by Professor Spencer Hale who hands you a small satchel containing 12 Pokéballs. "Please use these Pokéballs to catch as many Unown as you can," he pleads. "I'm hoping that between us all we are able to catch one of each kind to gather a complete record of these Pokémon. Remember, we don't have much time before the sandstorm reaches us so please be quick!" Shortly afterwards you're studying the inscriptions on one of the temple walls when and Unown O appears radiating rock energy and it doesn't look at all pleased to see you...
    Blaze looked at the Professor in awe as he was given 12 Pokeballs to catch Unown. He imagined what his team would be like with twelve different Unown in it. 'Probably something like alphabet soup. Too bad I don't like soup all too much, or that would actually be appealing. to some people.' Blaze picked up the satchel with the Pokeballs, and swung it over his shoulders.

"You know, I'm not sure if it quite goes with my outfit? What do you think Surgei?"

"Is that a legitimate question?"

"No, of coruse not." Blaze said as he laughed out loud to himself. Surgei was not as amused.

"Come on Blaze. We don't have time for jokes that I really do not understand very well. We need to get to those ruins, before the sandstorm kicks up again and buries it in sand."

"You got it Surgei. Let's go!" Blaze yelled as he ran towards the ruins, Surgei quite able to keep pace behind him.

Blaze got to the ruins in about half an hour, give or take a couple of minutes, and looked at it with a inquisitive stare. While he did not have the dream of being a scientist anymore, his love of observation and research never dimmed down in the slightest. It was how the rumors said it was, a city. He could see multiple building inside, and not too mention that the walls were also somewhat high. Not too high mind you, but high enough too gets Blaze's curiousity going. 'Why are the walls a little bit higher than what you would find in a normal city? Must be something about ancient cultures or something like that.' Blaze turned his head towards Surgei, who was intently looking at the ruins.

"What do you think Surgei? Do you think that these ruins may hold something special inside?"

"Well, Blaze, let me tell you something. I talk about strategy and military warfare simply because that is all I know. I was a simple boy who lived with parents who worked in the factories of Stalingrad. I didn't learn about things like architecture or art. I don't have much appreciation for those things. But the somewhat high walls don't seem to have any purpose from what I can see here. They would be too low to block arrows but too high for anything else. It does seem odd...but it might have something to do with the Unown."

"You have seen Unown before Surgei?"

"Actually, I haven't. I don't have a clue what they look like to be honest. I have not even heard a rumor about them."

"I've heard things, about towns turning to crystal and legendary Pokemon, but I too am nost sure on what an Unown looks like. We might be in for a big surprise."

"We are not going to get anything done just talking about it. Let's go explore the ruins."

"For sure Surgei."

They walked into the ruins, Blaze taking a look at one the walls that was closest. It was in surprisingly good shape considering that it was out in the middle of the desert, with the sandblasting winds to contend with. The walls was covered in runes. From top to bottom. They were all inscribed into the stone, and, interestingly enough, were in the shape of letters from the modern alphabet. With eyes. :<

"How interesting.....this must have been some sort of message board of some kind. The runes seems to make out some kind of words that I think I can translate. The runes are not too different from our alphabet." Blaze said as he leaned in closer to the wall. The looked for a break in the words that might signify some sort of sentence. He found a slight gap, and began to read off the runes.

"WELCOME TO THE LOST CITY OF ALPH. WE HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR YOOOOOOOOOOU!"

"What in the world does that mean Blaze? I don't have a clue."

"Hmmmm....this can't be right. It must be some sort of prank. Grab my camera out of my backpack, we need to take a picture of this."

Surgei fiddles with the zipper on Blaze's backpack, having a little bit of trouble with it because he does not have hands of much sort nor opposable thumbs. He unzipped Blaze's bookbag, and grabbed a camera from it, with a cotton thread and an extra long shutter button so that Surgei could use it if he needed to. Surgei hands it to Blaze, who grabs it and points it at the inscription. He clicks a picture, and as the film comes out of the camera, Blaze takes it(being one of those awesome as hell Polaroid cameras) and looks at the picture. The picture gradually comes into focus, and Blaze notices that one of the Os in YOOOOOOOOOOOOU was glowing a bright blue color.

"What in the world? Do you see that too Surgei?"

"That is not all that I see Blaze..."

Blaze looked ahead and saw that one of the letters in the wall had acutally come off, as was in the solid plane. It looked like an O, and Blaze could sense that it was at home with the rocks, with large amounts of rock energy radiating from it. Blaze took his Pokebex out of his pocket, and pointed it at the letter.

Unown: the Symbol Pokemon

When alone, nothing happens. However, if there are two or more, an odd power is said to emerge. Unown is of the Psychic type, and its highest stats are in the Attack and Special Attack stat.
    "Well, it seems that we have met the Unown. It does not seem very kind to our prescence Blaze, just look at the look in its eye."

Blaze could see very well. It eye was in one of those focused/determined looks that one gets when looking at an enemy. Blaze was thinking about what to do.

"Alright Surgei, I am sure that you want to go and fight this Unown, but, that Rock energy is going to be too much for you. I am going to have to switch you out, at least for this battle."

"No Blaze. I came into this knowing full well that there was going to be battles that were going to be difficullt to win, but I knew that I need to try my hardest. Let's show this Unown that just because he has a puny rock attack, that he can't beat me easily!"

"I like the sound of that. So, let's give him the roller coaster ride of his life! Start out with a Signal Beam for starters. That should get his cherry popped! Then, give him a Secret Power, try to fish for an accuracy drop since we are in a sandy area!"

http://forums.upnetwork.net/showthre...413#post302413

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast