Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Video Games --> Anime

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Yeah, Nintendo games have never made good story material.
    I bet the Earthbound fans would go crazy after hearing that one.
    ...and a toilet seat cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard Champion#06 View Post
    I bet the Earthbound fans would go crazy after hearing that one.
    Scratch what I said about Star Fox, also don't rage at me, I'm a gameplay person, not a story person and I found Earthbound to be very bland and boring.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    also don't rage at me
    <_<

<____________<

No rage here. Hell, I haven't even played more than 10 minutes of Earthbound.
    ...and a toilet seat cover.

Dude. The Pokémon Mystery Dungeon games had GREAT stories. The anime adaptations were kinda iffy, though, since they just did short chunks. Super Paper Mario had a good story, too.

Somebody mentioned Ace Attorney earlier. An anime adaptation might be interesting, even if the only things it could really add are animation and voice acting. The problem is, I can't see myself watching it subbed. I thought the English localisation was fantastic, and I really liked the quirky characters that were shaped by the English dialogue. So unless there was a dub, I don't think it would gel with me.
    100% of information in signatures on this forum involving percentages is false. If you feel as cheated by this atrocity as I do, don't you dare copy this into your signature.
    Hold on... if this percentage was correct at the time of print, that means the actual percentage of false information is less than 100% if this signature is included. Which means that... no! I've become a slave to the system!!

Quote Originally Posted by TotalPotato View Post
    Somebody mentioned Ace Attorney earlier. An anime adaptation might be interesting, even if the only things it could really add are animation and voice acting. The problem is, I can't see myself watching it subbed. I thought the English localisation was fantastic, and I really liked the quirky characters that were shaped by the English dialogue. So unless there was a dub, I don't think it would gel with me.
    There are the name changes to take into consideration too...

Let's get 4kids to dub it!

Jokes and impossibility aside, there are the upcoming games to take into consideration, I hope things work out well.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

I had no idea this thread was actually being continued. on the topic of whether or not Light Novels counted as Video games turned into anime, If there is a controller stuck to the pages, then it counts.

Quote Originally Posted by TotalPotato View Post
    Dude. The Pokémon Mystery Dungeon games had GREAT stories. The anime adaptations were kinda iffy, though, since they just did short chunks.
    I disliked the anime version of Sky, it barely had anything going for it, and the American voice actors weren't any good at all. The ones for the next mystery dungeon games, however, have bad Japanese voice actors, so i cannot wait to see what america will do with it.

Now that I think of it, the Ni No Kuni game coming for the PS3 would have a great Anime adaption even though its already half-anime. Any anime Adaption from a video game would be great if Studio Ghibli Adapted it, but that may not happen.
    Last edited by Autis-misc; 13th November 2012 at 4:33 AM.
    And you questioned my sanity. My Anime List

Quote Originally Posted by Excitable Boy View Post
    if Arceus is the Alpha Pokemon

wouldn't Mega Arceus be

the O-Mega Pokemon

And no mentions of Professor Layton....? ;__; It already has a movie (and another one in the near future iirc), and the games already hold anime-esque cutscenes. I don't think it could hold up as a long-running anime series though. 12 (give or take) episodes would probably work if it was turned into a short anime series, which is possible.
    ヽ( ´¬`)ノ

Quote Originally Posted by Yuppirox View Post
    And no mentions of Professor Layton....? ;__; It already has a movie (and another one in the near future iirc), and the games already hold anime-esque cutscenes. I don't think it could hold up as a long-running anime series though. 12 (give or take) episodes would probably work if it was turned into a short anime series, which is possible.
    And then there are the puzzles to incorporate into the episodes. Solving puzzles yourself is nice, but watching others solve them is... meh. A Professor Layton anime would be awesome, but practically impossible.

I would totally watch an Ace Attorney adaptation, dub or not.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12