Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Have you ever cried for Pokčmon anime?

Yeah, I admit to crying. "Pikachu's Goodbye", "Bye-Bye, Butterfree", and "Gotta Catch Ya Later" got to me as a kid. Heck, even the movies are sad. I still feel tears at the end of the first movie, and I still feel really sad when Latios dies in the fifth movie. Pokémon may have its many flaws, but damn it all, they had great moments.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

I'm not really as one to cry, but more choke up. I did lose a few tears at the end of Lucario and the Mystery of Mew though. Where I choked up (which I'll consider like crying just because it had an overpowering emotion) were:

-Pikachu's Goodbye (still to this day I can't watch this episode)
    -Bye Bye Butterfree
    -When Latios died
    -Stopped in the Name of Love (I hate Piplup. I hate Dawn, but heck I choked up during their scene. XD)
    -When Ash put his hand out for Chimchar back in DP (can't remember what epi)
    -Pikachu vs. Latios
    -Excadrill and Iris vs. the Dragon Buster (Right when Iris said something about that she'd no longer battle for Excadrill)
    -Joltik, Galvantula and the Chargestone Cave (Don't ask, but I got teary-eyed at little Dwebble going against TRio)

That's all I can remember...I'm sure there's a lot more. XD

Even Victreebel! I'm a failure.
    For Victreebel I cried happy tears. xD Didn't he like get married to that female Victreebel or something? XD Or did I miss something sad?
    Last edited by JennaJayfeather; 7th November 2012 at 2:39 PM.
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

Watched Pikachu's Vacation last night. When Charzard got stuck and started crying, I teared up a little bit.
    Last edited by pacman000; 7th November 2012 at 10:51 PM.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your sig if you are too.†

The saddest moment to me was when Ash had to release Butterfree.

Yes, I have.

I cried during Bye Bye Butterfree. When Ash released Butterfree, I started blubbering like a baby. My mom thought I was going crazy. I still watch that episode to this day and each time, I cry a little more.

Memories Are Made of Bliss. I was all emotional during the scene with Pikachu and Piplup crying. I honestly cannot stand Piplup but that scene always manages to make me cry.

♥ 3DS FC: 0748-3470-9720 ♥

Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac View Post
    For Victreebel I cried happy tears. xD Didn't he like get married to that female Victreebel or something? XD Or did I miss something sad?
    Yea, he married. Well sort of. I was sad, because I loved Victreebel. It became on of my favorite Grass Pokemon, because of that running gag.

Oh yeah, for sure. Aside from obvious tearjerkers like Bye bye Butterfree, Gotta catch ya later, etc, one of my recent tear shedding moments actually came from Pokemon 4ever. Not just the ending, mind you but the scene where Ash, Sammy, and Celebi were watching the Butterfree fly away in the morning sun. Its absolutely one of the most beautiful and precious moments in the anime! It got me to reflect on how much soul they put into the anime through those little moments where they would put aside all plot and just celebrate the magic and wonders of life. What happened to those times anyway?
    I am the current leader of Save Our Voice Actors, a Pokemon fan group supporting the voice actors in the anime dubbed by 4Kids (seasons 1-8). Our goal is to provide The Pokemon Company international with encouraging feedback in support of returning the main cast members. If you're interested, please visit us at facebook.com/saveourvoiceactors

^Ah, yes that is a beautiful moment. I wish they didn't change the way Butterfree evolved, though.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your sig if you are too.†

I haven't, ever.
    But you have to admit, for a part-time Nazi

He's freaking hot.

I can't cry in 10-year old animes :/

Oh yeah and for obvious reasons I have to list from movie 5;
        Spoiler:- :

There was a time when Pokemon anime wasn't so "10 year old-ish" and that was definitely one of them.
    Last edited by Bluelatios*; 7th November 2012 at 10:38 PM.
    I am the current leader of Save Our Voice Actors, a Pokemon fan group supporting the voice actors in the anime dubbed by 4Kids (seasons 1-8). Our goal is to provide The Pokemon Company international with encouraging feedback in support of returning the main cast members. If you're interested, please visit us at facebook.com/saveourvoiceactors

Oh yes. Memories of a Bliss made me cry. When Piplup was hitting Pikachu, it reminded me of Clone Pikachu slapping Ash's Pikachu in the First Movie.

Quote Originally Posted by YokoKurama View Post
    Oh yes. Memories of a Bliss made me cry. When Piplup was hitting Pikachu, it reminded me of Clone Pikachu slapping Ash's Pikachu in the First Movie.
    I remember that. T+T And I cried at movie 8 I think it was. Ash telling Pikachu "I love you." was way sadder then Movie 1 with Ash dying to me ^^;
    MMing: Espurr, 90 eggs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    Good. You can never understand the mindset of a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by SapphireIris View Post
    I remember that. T+T And I cried at movie 8 I think it was. Ash telling Pikachu "I love you." was way sadder then Movie 1 with Ash dying to me ^^;
    Oh Lucario and the Mystery of Mew? I cried there too. Maybe because everyone was eaten by white cells. xD

No, the plots and character devolepments aren't deep enough for that, IMO.

...Okay, so I felt really sad in that scene from Movie 13 where Zorua begs Zoroark to wake up, but I didn't actually cry. I think that's the single saddest moment I have ever witnessed in the anime.

Pokemon: The origin of Mewtwo was the only thing that had me close to making me cry, pretty sad it was cut out of the Pokemon The First Movie back in the 90's.
    Pokemon Black 2 Team:

(Jormungandr)(Skoll)(Niohoggr)(Sleipnir)(Hel)(Fimbulvetr)

Trip lost against Cilan made me cry
    Current Fandom : Tokyo Ghoul, Pokemon Best Wishes, Kagerou Project/Mekakucity Actors, Free!, Danganronpa, DRAMAtical Murder
    The Fujoshi~ That's basic. Don't make mess Trip =w= :v, I love Ken Kaneki, too bad he :"""(

Oh yes.
    - Pikachu's Goobye
    - Bye Bye Butterfree
    - First movie when Ash turned into stone
    - Charizard's burning ambition

Banner made by me.(With my epic paint skills)
    Current Status Sarefan:

• Badges: 8
    • Exploring Kalos, catching more pokémon.
    • Training with Kyael
    "A Pokémon is just as strong as his trainer" -- Sarefan

Wow, I wasn't expecting so many people in this post :O
    Anyway, I think I'm gonna rewatch all the episodes starting from the no.1 in order to see all this sad moments, which will remind me of my childhood

Bye Bye Buttefree, it's the only TV episode I've cried at in a long time.

I could watch Pokemon to this day and still cry. The ones that really get me though are when Ash or one of the other characters has to say goodbye to their human in Pokemon friends. The moments that still get to me are when Piplup is upset over leaving and "Tears After the Cloudy Weather" plays, when Ash says goodbye to Brock, when Ash regrets that he traded Butterfree and that montage plays, when Butterfree leaves, Dustox leaving, Cacnea leaving and I am sure there are more.

I cried when ash was turned to stone and when ash was trying to feed dead celebi berries
    To always have confidence, to always believe, to always be ready and willing. This is what it means to be... Serperior.

My Heartgold team:

I'll admit, I cried when Misty was forced to leave. When Pidgeot & Butterfree left. And when Celebi died. Togetic's departure was very abrupt for me too.

I cried as soon as I saw what they did to Ash.

I agree with some of the above and another that no one mentioned yet is on Pokemon movie 12 when Ash was begging for Arceus not to die while holding the Jewel of Life to him as he is slowly erased from existance. Also, it is the fact thatyou see Arceus slowly being drowned in Silver Water and dying a slow and painful way and saved in a knick of time by Damos just as the Original One's life was about to end.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast