Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Have you ever cried for Pokčmon anime?

That one departure,when the original trio part ways...*Sniff*.
    Brings me to tears,at this age...

No, I'm afraid not. No. But it's not about Pokémon in particular, no anime has ever made me cry, even when I was a kid.

3DS Friend Code: 3582-9622-5627

a few times yes...not bawling or anything,..but getting teary eyes and a few tears slip down my cheeks. when ash first lost in the first indigo league, when he shook and tears rolled down his cheeks.. they did to me as well. back then i did not have a computer so I did not have spoilers... cried at other times too. and I was 19 when the first movie came out..... do we really need to ask why with that one? lol

Pokemon can be very emotional at times... tears of joy,..sadness... you name it. It can really get me,.. an almost 33 year old man. :P that should tell ya how good the writers are.

pikachu;s goodbye, bye bye butterfree, the episode when Brock and ash head back to Kanto after the sinnoh league piplup and pikachu crying gets me.. and the last shot of Dawn hugging Piplup as their ship heads out gets me...the music that plays at the end of the sinnoh league saga as Ash, alone with Pikachu come to the outskirts of Pallet town and they run towards town with the "next time, a new beggning" on the bottom of ther screen, that one was more a tears of joy and how proud i was of ash for his accomplishments.. ... ,

the movies get me as well...... Lucario's sacrifice and when the tree's defense system were swallowing them all up..they let their pokemon out of their pokeballs to free them as they were beign swallowed up was a sad moment.,... Latios dying,..

the episode in johto were misty wanted that marril but it was already owned by another,.. that one ended on a sad note............tons more moments... can you hear a ralts.. max getting sad at the sick ralts and when he cries and runs over to may gets me,... May crying losing her first grand Festival..

tons more to name...
    Last edited by halloweenghost; 13th November 2012 at 3:58 AM.

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

Quote Originally Posted by Serperiority View Post
    I cried when ash was turned to stone and when ash was trying to feed dead celebi berries
    Yes. Those are sad scenes.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your sig if you are too.†

-Ash trying to release Pikachu.
    -Ash releasing Butterfree.
    -The part where Ash turns to stone didn't make me cry, but when the Pokemon are fighting made me pretty sad.
    -Celebi when she's all shriveled up and won't eat.
    -James releasing Chimecho. (By this point, I knew James was never coming back for it, so I had to say goodbye to one of my favorite Pokemon on the show.)
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.

Quote Originally Posted by Plus side down side View Post
    -Ash trying to release Pikachu.
    -Ash releasing Butterfree.
    -The part where Ash turns to stone didn't make me cry, but when the Pokemon are fighting made me pretty sad.
    -Celebi when she's all shriveled up and won't eat.
    -James releasing Chimecho. (By this point, I knew James was never coming back for it, so I had to say goodbye to one of my favorite Pokemon on the show.)

you are not thefirst to mention this but..

james will see Chimecho again... dunno why everyone says he released it.... it's just staying at his nanny and Pop Pop's. James just didn't have the time to wait for it to get better. he'll see it again.

Quote Originally Posted by halloweenghost View Post
    you are not thefirst to mention this but..

james will see Chimecho again... dunno why everyone says he released it.... it's just staying at his nanny and Pop Pop's. James just didn't have the time to wait for it to get better. he'll see it again.
    It's because whenever a character promises they will come back for their Pokemon, it usually means they aren't coming back for it. Especially with the change in Team Rocket in general. He wouldn't need to go back to it.

But I hope you're right, because I really loved Chimecho.
    even if we don't understand each other, that's not a reason to reject each other. There are two sides to any argument. Is there one point of view that has all the answers? Give it some thought.
    ^ This is the reason why I like arguing. If I come off as standoffish or overly angry in an argument, don't worry. I'm probably having the time of my life. Whether I agree with them or not, the pokemon fandom has a lot of different opinions, and I love how nobody is afraid to share them.

Movies count, right?
    I hated Lucario and the Mystery of Mew for a long while because of how much it made me cry. (now it's my favorite movie!) I love Lucario, and his death (and the flashback of how Sir Aaron died) was too much for me.. x_x

The only reason I love Pokemon is because I cried at a movie. I may tear up a bit at Pokemon Heroes or a few anime episodes, but the only movie that made me actually cry was The Rise of Darkrai, I don't know why it was that one, and not any other movie, but because of that movie I am obsessed with Pokemon.

Name: Specter
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

My signature is so empty now.

Quote Originally Posted by Plus side down side View Post
    It's because whenever a character promises they will come back for their Pokemon, it usually means they aren't coming back for it. Especially with the change in Team Rocket in general. He wouldn't need to go back to it.

But I hope you're right, because I really loved Chimecho.
    I mean even if WE, never get to see it..surely sometime in James' life he'll return to his nanny and pop pop's place...

More times than I care to admit.

-Lucario seeing Aaron's final words/dying
    -Jirachi saying goodbye to Max
    -Bulbasaur's near-death w/flashback sequence in his farewell episode
    -The original trio's final battle/goodbyes in GCYL left me a puddle.
    -Jessie and James getting destryoed defending Weezing and Arbok from the Poacher.
    -James bidding Chimecho adieu
    -'Snow Way Out' when his Pokemon agree to freeze to death with him

Oh and, of course, Bye Bye Butterfree.
    I am not worried, Harry. I am with you.

^This is my new fanfic. It's a work in progress, so please read and comment at your discretion. I hope you like it. I think you will.

Many, many thanks to Mew, who created this exceptional banner!

Harry Potter and How I Met Your Mother are currently my life.

No. I usually don't cry for anything.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Current Hunt: Cresselia

I've cried countless times while watching the Pokemon anime, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEliteEmpoleon View Post
    No. I usually don't cry for anything.
    Yes you do.

OT : Jessie and James getting destroyed by tyranitar. James leaving chimecho

Spoiler:- My tears:

Always.............

Most the movies made me cry.
    All the "Goodbye" episodes made me cry.
    There where many filler episodes that made me cry.
    I just cry when something bad happens.

.: 3DS FC: 0490-5034-9209 :.
    .: DeviantART :: Graphics Thread :: Art Thread :: Art Shop :.

Yeah of course!

Bye Bye Butterfree: Such a good scen for sure. I had maybe a 8 years long brake from the anime (started watching in begining of September this year from the begining and Im in the end of season 7 atm) but when I first saw this episode again I started crying. This scen, this song, and those emotions is so powerful and a masterpiece of work. I do wish Butterfree one day returns (saw he was in the intro of the Japanese season 10 but sitll no apperance in the show). The song played during this scene is the best song/music in the show if you ask me

Bye Bye Pikachu: Even as a child it seemed not logical at all that Pikachu would leave but I still cried because Pikachu was/is m favorite Pokemon and I never wanted him to leave

Ash turning into stone in the first movie: Also a really powerfull scene. This entire movie had many good points and learned me a lot of how people should treat and respect each other. Pikachu crying for Ash is really touching and if anyone could not see their friendship and what they meant to each other this scene was such a good way to show it. The vocie acting for Pikachu during the entire scene is really good and when Pikachu realize Ash is alive is really beautifull.

The orginial 3 goodbye: Seperate those made the show way worse if you ask me. See them leaveing each other is so sad =/
    Those were the 3 most important people/char of my childhood and I don't wanna see them leaveing each other. The song they use in the Japanese version is way better for this scene (After the cloudy weather the same one as they use for butterfrees goodbye)

Well many people maybe say I still feel this way (and cried) because I saw all those things as a child but one more thing made me cry.
    Misty giveing Togetic away: Also a really sad scene and with Misty in the focus of leaveing on of her Pokemons. Such a touching scene to see those leave each other.

No other show have made me cry this many times (only one other show/movie ever have made me cry).

Pokemon and the first seasons <3
    Last edited by ArmadaUGS; 22nd November 2012 at 4:13 AM.

I don't think I've ever had a proper cry due to this show, but I have been left feeling very upset by quite a lot of scenes actually.

- Butterfree's release
    - Pikachu's attempted release
    - When Ash's pokemon try to keep him warm
    - Charizard's, Bulbasaur's and Squirtle's releases
    - When the original trio broke up
    - Arbok and Weezing's release
    - Togetic's release
    - Chimecho's release
    - Cacnea's release

There were also a few scenes that got me a little bit, but to a lesser extent

- Victreebell's release
    - Hoenn and Sinnoh trios breaking up
    - Dustox's release
    - May and Swablu
    - Max and Ralts
    - Ambipom's and Gliscor's releases
    -
    Kanto: (x30)
    Orange Islands:
    Johto:
    Hoenn:
    Battle Frontier:
    Sinnoh:
    Unova:

WHO WILL BE NEXT?

I've only ever cried once during pokemon, during my fabourite movie: Pokemon Heroes. Latios' death was the single saddest thing I've ever seen in any movie.

All credit to SM of Daedric Design for this awesome banner!

Y Team: Talonflame, Roserade, Aegislash, Goodra, Blaziken, Greninja
    3DS Friend Code: 1160 - 9940 - 3351
    Rock Type Friend Safari: Nosepass, Onix and Barbaracle.
    I has officially claimed

There are two Pokemon moments that made me cry (maybe more, but two stick out): Ash's death in Mewtwo Strikes Back, and James's goodbye scene with Chimecho in "Sweet Baby James". Man, both had me bawling my eyes out. They still make me choke up even with repeated viewings (at least the song from SBJ doesn't do the same when I listen to the Pokemon X soundtrack).

If I'd been watching the series when it first started, I figure Pikachu's Goodbye would also have had me tearing up, but it came so early in the series, so Pikachu still being with Ash makes it not as sad. Also, Gotta Catch Ya Later didn't move me the first few times I watched it, but now it chokes me up too, even more than May/Max's and Dawn's goodbyes do.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/10
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

The last minute before Happiny evolved

Its like my special little cute baby is gone and turns into a fat dinosaur. How can you not cry at that?
    Happiny is awesome

Bands and artists I like at the moment:
    Radiohead
    Muse
    Boards Of Canada
    The Beatles
    Bjork
    Aphex Twin
    Nine Inch Nails
    Vampire Weekend
    Lady Gaga
    Gorillaz
    Brian Eno
    Coldplay

I cried when the pokemon being abandoned by their trainers (look at their eyes)
    Especially in goodbye and death episodes
    Pokemon White 2 FC: 4256 1713 3438

Pokemon White 2:
    Shiny:

Pokemon Need for Unova Dex:
    Getting

Oh yeah, I have. I cried my eyes out during the first movie when Ash tried to stop Mew and Mewtwo from fighting and ended up getting turned to stone. I was a mess when Pikeachu kept shocking Ash to try and get him to wake up and he started crying.

I also cried during Memories Are Made of Bliss. When Piplup started crying and punching Pikachu got me. Then when Pikachu started crying, I started crying.

Those are really the only times I can think of.

defiantly during the pikachus goodbye episode when ash tried to release Pikachu in the wild with the other pikachus . I may of cried a bit during the first movie when ash died and all the pokemon were crying the crying caught me crying but the pika goodbye episode is the one i cried the most even more then movie 1 everytime I watch that pika goodbye ep i still cry when i see that part in the ep with ash realseing it and the song plays showing thw flashbacks course at the end when ikach renuites with ash i then cried in happness the first time i watched the endofthat ep also if anyone wishes to see dat episode you can view it on Pikachu's YouTube which is at http://mewtwo7778youtube.webs.com

pokemon X /omega rubyfc: 5026-4433-8974(dark friend safari with vulluaby, liepard, crawdaunt or absol)
    wifi has been shut down for 4th/5th gen games

i kinda cried when ash was leaving and piplup was crying i felt so bad for piplup

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast