Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Have you ever cried for Pokčmon anime?

A lot of times...

Number of Genwunners = 100
    Number of people accused of being a Genwunner = 100 000 000 000 000 000
    Number of people complaning about Genwunners = 100 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000

It was sad when ash released butterfree
    Pokemon W:
    Pokemon W2:

PokémonSean

I teared up when Charizard left...
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven. That which we are, we are. One equal temper of heroic hearts. Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
    Thank you FairyWitch for the banner!

I've never had a moment where I was really CRYING, but I was pretty upset when Charizard left. There was also when James lost his Victreebel. I wasn't even that upset then, but my gosh, you had to have felt sorry for the guy. xD

Off the top of my head:

"Challenge of the Samurai" -- When Ash tells Metapod he feels bad about leaving it and it's his fault
    "Bye-Bye, Butterfree" -- Ash releasing Butterfree
    "Pikachu's Goodbye" --Ash thought of leaving Pikachu
    "Gotta Catch Ya Later!" -- Departure of Misty, and splitting up of the original set of protagonists
    "At the End of the Fray!" -- The first parting of the Hoenn protagonists
    "Pasta La Vista!" -- Last time original English voice actors have played the main characters in the dub, and end of 4Kids dub era of Pokemon
    "Home is Where the Start is!" -- Departure of May and Max from the group
    "Memories are Made of Bliss!" -- Departure of Dawn and Brock from the group
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 2nd January 2013 at 2:11 AM.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

Bye Bye Butterfree - when he releases Butterfree of course
    Pikachu's Goodbye - I thought he was going to really release Pikachu.
    Pokemon the First Movie - Ash turned to stone got me sad, no tears though.
    Gotta Catch Ya Later! - My favorite trio splitting up.

Only Bye Bye Butterfree and The First Movie.

As of this post, Gotta Catch Ya Later.
    Ghirajinxaphobia (or Ghirajinxphobia) - Fear of Ghirahim being cosplayed by a Jynx

Actually... I wasn't even thinking of "Gotta Catch Ya Later" when I posted before. I didn't cry with that either... YES I DID!!!
    My freaking eyes were watering through the entire episode the first time I saw it, and to make things worse, right when I thought the episode was ending the "Who's that Pokemon" showed up and I felt like screaming, "WHAT! IT'S ONLY THE HALF-WAY POINT?!?!?!"

I've cried so many times in throughout the anime and movies...I'll name as many as I can think of right now.

Movies:
    - Pokemon: The First Movie, when Ash was turned to stone and all the Pokemon were crying.
    - Celebi: Voice of the Forest, when Celebi dies.
    - Pokemon Heroes: Latios and Latias, when Latios dies.
    - The Rise of Darkrai, when Darkrai sacrifices itself.
    - Arceus and the Jewel of Life, at Arceus's feeling of betrayal throughout the movie.

Episodes:
    - Ash Catches a Pokemon! when Caterpie gets sad because Misty doesn't like it.
    - Bye Bye Butterfree, when Ash had to release Butterfree.
    - Pikachu's Goodbye, when it looked like Pikachu would actually leave.
    - Go West Young Meowth, when Meowzie rejected him.
    - The Fourth Round Rumble, when Gary lost. He looked so crushed.
    - Charizard's Burning Ambitions, when Charizard leaves.
    - Here's Lookin' at You, Elekid, when Victreebel is traded away.
    - Gotta Catch Ya Later! when Misty leaves!!! (Brock still returns, so I don't really mind about him.)
    - A Poached Ego! when Arbok and Weezing are released.
    - Home is Where the Start Is! when May and Max leave, especially May.
    - Memories are Made of Bliss! when Dawn leaves, and Brock leaves for good.

Other:
    - The Uncut Story of Mewtwo's Origin, when all of the clones die (especially Ambertwo) and leave Mewtwo all alone.
    - If it counts, I feel like crying whenever I think about Ash never returning for Pidgeot, Jigglypuff not appearing anymore, Ash's old Pokemon never being used (especially Squirtle, Bulbasaur, and Charizard), Gary, Misty, Drew, Harley, Solidad, and Paul having hardly any appearances anymore, and the fact that all of the original 4Kids dub VAs are gone. Also when I see the Battle Frontier episodes when all of the voices are replaced, mostly May and Drew (especially Drew, that sounds nothing like him at all!)

All this makes me sound like a big crybaby, but I'm not one at all. I rarely ever cry, and Pokemon has always been a huge part of my life. I don't know what I'd do without it, so naturally I would cry in many parts of it. It's very important to me, so it always has a very large impact on me.

Bye-Bye Butterfree and Pikachu's Goodbye both had me teary-eyed. As I'm re-watching the series, I think I'll be bawling when I get to Gotta Catch Ya Later.

This sounds Whimpy but "Do I Hear a Ralts" when Max had to leave Ralts

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Hydreigon View Post
    Oh,also "Pikachu's Goodbye"

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Hydreigon View Post
    Doesn't sound wimpy to me. Actually, I forgot about this one, this made me sad too...

Off the top of head
    Misty and broke leaving
    Togepi leaving
    Last 6 episodes of the shinno region

Quote Originally Posted by munchlaxboy View Post
    Bye-Bye Butterfree and Pikachu's Goodbye both had me teary-eyed. As I'm re-watching the series, I think I'll be bawling when I get to Gotta Catch Ya Later.
    Bye-Bye Butterfree didn't have me all that upset because I'm like Misty in a sense. I don't fear bugs like she does, but whenever I see a bug I just automatically kill it. xD So for me when Ash said goodbye to Butterfree he was upset about it, and I understood, it was the first Pokemon he truly raised himself, and watch go through all the stages of evolution. Really when it came down to it though I was thinking, "It's just a stupid bug..." xD

Pikachu's Goodbye DID have me kind of upset though. When Ash thought about leaving Pikachu. ;A; That song they played when it went through the flashbacks fit just perfectly. It was a great episode! When Pikachu showed up, probably yelling in Pokemon language, "HEY! I STALKED YOU HERE!" I was just so happy to see him. xD
    This has nothing to do with the topic, but if you think about it after what happened with Electric Soldier Porygon airing Pikachu's Goodbye must have been kind of risky. Even though now we all know what went wrong in the animation. Pikachu's Goodbye was the episode after that, and we're probably really lucky the show still went so far after that...

I never cried with Pokemon but I was really sad when Arbok and Weezing left Jesse and James. I think that one was more emotional than Butterfree because not only did I have to watch 2 Pokemon that were staples for the series go but Jesse, James, and Meowth had to take a beating from a pissed off Tyranitar. If that's not sad I don't know what is.

I remember crying at Pikachu's Goodbye, the movie (every. single. time.), and when Misty left. Oh, I also think I cried during the third movie. I just felt so bad for poor Molly. Rewatching the movie wasn't any better, since the scene in the beginning with her playing with her dad wretches my heart apart (it kills me that he's about to disappear and Molly doesn't even realize it...).

Boy, this anime is really emotional.

Bye Bye Butterfree was the first ever time I genuinely cried for the Pokemon anime.
    Gotta Catch You Later because Misty was leaving. For good. Didn't cry nearly as hard as Bye Bye Butterfree, but I still shed a tear.
    Memories Are Made of Bliss when Brock and Dawn leave for good. It wasn't even Dawn so much as Brock. I adored Brock from the very first episodes. The fact that he's never coming back, it struck a chord. And here I thought I was too old for the Pokemon anime to upset me.

3DS Friend Code: 3411-1538-5543
    Friend Safari Type: Grass - Oddish, Gogoat, Sawsbuck

Never cried for pokemon, not the type of person who ever cries for tv or movies. my eyes kinda watered during pokemon 4ever movie.
    i will use these in wfi so beware!!! adding more as we speak.

I was a very stoic kid. My mom is the one who did all the crying.
    Being "too cautious" isn't going kill you anytime soon.

When Darkrai "Died"

Team rocket in BW......all that character development in past seasons down the toilet.......nuff said......

All OS release episodes (except Primeape), and Gotta Catch Ya Later. Snow Way Out, too.

Ash turning to stone in the first movie. When Pikachu goes over to him and tries to shock him back to life I cry my eyes out every time
    Shine bright like a diamond

My FC is 4785-4568-5063. I have a Dark type Friend Safari (Absol - Justified, Crawdaunt - Adaptability, Mightyena - Moxie). If you add me, send me a message with your FC. (Currently looking for Ivysaur and Eevee safaris.)

Emily101's Shiny Chaining Guide (foolproof!)

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast