Thread: The Desolation of Smaug-Hobbit part 2

Default The Desolation of Smaug-Hobbit part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qq3UmifZaqM

The new trailer for the second part of the Hobbit is out. Thoughts?

"What good is it for a man to gain the world, yet forfeit his soul?"

Looks good I have to say. Still baffles me why Legolas is in this movie though.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

Quote Originally Posted by Hankka View Post
    i'm fine with it. Its a prequel to LOTR. Legolas was likely still in the woodland realm in mirkwood at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWatersGreatGuardian View Post
    i'm fine with it. Its a prequel to LOTR. Legolas was likely still in the woodland realm in mirkwood at that time.
    I guess that's true, it's just weird seeing him in this film when he wasn't mentioned in the book.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner!

I guess that's true, it's just weird seeing him in this film when he wasn't mentioned in the book.
    A lot of people who watch LOTR and the Hobbit did not read the book I would imagine. So of course they are going to put recognizable characters in the prequels to tie it to LOTR. Its not terribly lore breaking to have legolas imo. Now Azog is another story. He was DEAD before the events of the Hobbit. His son Blog was the Orc leader

Fan service, maybe? Anyway, even if he wasn't mentioned in the book, his age verifies that he was alive at the time of the Hobbit, and they do travel through Mirkwood where he and his father lives.
    Why's there a female Elf called Tauriel who appears nowhere in Tolkien's writing? Why is Radaghast in the films? Why are Galadriel and Saruman? Because Peter Jackson is doing his best to tie the Hobbit Trilogy in with the Lord of the Rings. When the Hobbit was written, the Lord of the Rings wasn't even planned, so Jackson is using the appendices from the Lord of the Rings to embellish.
    (By the way, Tauriel is there to give us a pretty face to look at.)
    Friend code: 5257-9947-2315. PM me so I can add you too. Safari contains Phanpy, Marowak and Palpitoad.

Current Y team (champions)

Current X team (6th gym badge won)