Two weeks ago, roughly around midnight, an unmarked CH-148 Cyclone military transport helicopter had crashed in the outskirts of Jubilife City due to sudden engine failure. While the crash had only done minimal damage to the city itself, it was the plane's cargo that had caused the crisis that would shatter the peace.
Onboard the CH-148 were six, light-blue spherical crystals called the Cyan Stars, recovered from a remote island a few miles northwest of the Sinnoh mainland. The research team that had recovered them had confirmed they had a strong and mystical connection to Pokémon, but in a way that could be felt by humans as well. However, much about the three Cyan Stars remained a mystery. The scientists that found them were not sure how they truly functioned or how to activate them, so they were being brought back for further research.
What they didn't realize was those three crystals were activated by heat and fire. Unexpectedly, three of the six crystals were in fact shattered as a result of the fiery crash that had claimed the lives of the entire crew. When these three crystals shattered and released all of their energy out all at once, humans within a twenty mile radius that had been exposed to the transforming pulsation of the three shattered crystals had instantly turned into half human, half Pokémon hybrids called "Pokémorphs." They now have the bipedal shape of humans while having fur, tails, wings, scales, and other similar features of a single Pokémon covering their entire body. Those in the further reaches, somewhere between twenty and fifty miles from the crash, were only lightly affected. Unlike their less fortunate neighbors, these victims only had a few similarities to Pokémon, such as ears, tails, and wings, but still mostly looked human. They were later called Gijinkas to distinguish them from Pokémorphs and humans.
In total, roughly about 10,000 Sinnoh citizens were transformed because of the pulse, 3,000 ending up as Pokémorphs while the remaining 7,000 ended up as Gijinkas. It didn't take long for the crisis to be noticed, but the resulting events were unusual. The affected area was quarantined and a warning was given out that any humans that refused to evacuate the city would not be ensured their safety. Meanwhile, those affected by the pulse from the Cyan Star Crystals and were turned into Pokémorphs or Gijinkas were forbidden to leave while those that had already fled the area were being hunted down. While the media is trying to get the latest on the situation, their efforts have been forcefully silenced and only a very few reporters have been able to get anywhere near the crisis site. Jubilife City is now a forbidden city to civilians, dubbed "The Black Zone." In the meantime, the Sinnoh government has become a police state in the time of crisis, and the military and police forces have turned the region into highly regulated district. Heavily armed troops, highly regulated checkpoints, and oppressive search and seizure actions have been employed throughout the region to control and monitor the situation.
Lately, there has been some recorded evidence and eyewitness that reports the mutants are being rounded up, thrown into large, armored transports, and then taken to unknown locations, never to be seen again, all by an unknown and heavily armed paramilitary organization. However, no one in Jubilife knows who they are or exactly what they're after, but there is an obvious pursuit of the mutants. Anyone who has attempted to interfere with the operation or resist arrest has suffered the same fate.
What the Red Resistance doesn't know is that this paramilitary faction is known as G.A.T.E., an underground operation that is determined to terminate the affected victims and attempt to retrieve the crystals. And they're willing to stop at nothing to do it.
THE RED RESISTENCE - STANDING GROUND
From the Red Resistance's perspective
You are one of us. Just a local citizen of Jubilife that was affected by that strange pulse that came from that military chopper when it crashed. But it doesn't matter to us whether you're now a morph like so many others, or just a Jubilife citizen that has refused to leave and want to take the fight to these warmongers who are trying to kill the morphs.
You're one of the few that knows about the Cyan Star Crystals. You know you came across the evidence that three of them were broken and unleashed a discharge of energy, but three others remain intact and still radiate with Pokémon energy. However, something doesn't make sense about the whole situation, and we refuse to back down until you find out what this unknown military faction is doing and why Sinnoh has been stripped of its soul.
We will have to defend ourselves and the innocent Pokémorphs and Gijinkas while trying to survive. Escaping Jubilife City as a morph with the three remaining Cyan Stars at this point will be difficult with the heavily guarded perimeters and checkpoints in addition to the unknown heavily armed troops and armored military vehicles. But we have to do it. We can't let these guys get their hands on the crystals again. They need to be kept somewhere safe. But in the meantime, there's still hope if we fight back with whatever resources we can get and whatever you have, because already we feel horribly outgunned. However, the morphs themselves may already have powers and abilities that might just give us the edge. If we are to survive, they're going to need to make use of them.
We've got to figure out who these people are and why they're doing this, and if possible, acquire help through some means. We may not know all the details behind what's really going on, but somewhere in the crisis, there's a reason and a purpose for all this.
One thing is clear, however. The lives of the victims are in danger. You may be one of the only few that can help them now...
THE CYAN STAR CRYSTALS
These crystals are about the size of a grapefruit, and are perfectly spherical and indestructible save from being broken via fire to release their power. Meanwhile, they appear to be light-blue colored with mystical-like haze swirling within them. While three of them were broken as a result of the crash and have been completely emptied of their powers, three others were recovered from the wreckage, and now G.A.T.E. wants them back.
They also have the following powers:
CAN BE DISCOVERED IN TIME
- Allows the holder to understand Pokéspeech, as well as understand the thoughts and feelings of a target Pokémon.
- Allows the holder to use any Pokémon move.
- Long term exposure to the crystal can turn normal humans into Gijinkas, and then eventually into Pokémorphs.
- The remaining three crystals can also be broken by means of a high-impact incendiary explosion, which can be performed by a fully-evolved fire Pokémon's fire-based attack or by high-explosive weaponry. This will trigger an area of effect that turns those surrounding the crystal into Pokémorphs within a ten mile radius, and those between 11 and 20 miles into Gijinkas. However, if this happens, the crystal is destroyed and will no longer function.
Rules regarding the use of the crystals
- Allows the holder to progress their affected state to allow them to become fully Pokémon and revert back to their original Pokémorph form. However, they must be touching the crystal to change forms.
- Allows the holder to communicate telepathically with any Gijinka, Pokémorph, or Pokémon, individually, in groups, and/or long-range with an effectiveness that surpasses psychic Pokémon powers.
- In time, allows the holder to change their Pokémorph/Pokémon form into something else. Further in time grants access to legendary Pokémon.
ASPECTS OF THE RP
- Three characters on the Red Resistance side will be owners of one of the crystals at the RP's start and must protect them. However, these three characters must be Pokémorphs, as the only way they could have recovered them is if they were very close to the helicopter crash site when the incident happened. You are welcome to reserve one of the holders of these crystals, first come, first serve.
- If you hold one of the crystals, you must be active in the RP or you will be bunnied into losing it. I will send you a VM warning if you are running out of time. To address this, either keep active or hand the crystal to another member on your side.
- Breaking the crystal to activate the transforming pulsation effect is the only instance where you're allowed to bunny those around you into being affected by it. Humans will potentially become Pokémorphs and Gijinkas and already existing Gijinkas could become Pokémorphs. Thus, through these means, you can give G.A.T.E. a harder time keeping the situation under control by affecting them as well. Many of G.A.T.E.'s members outright fear becoming a Pokémorph or Gijinka and just want the three remaining crystals recovered as soon as possible.
- The RP will mostly take place around Jubilife City, though traveling throughout Sinnoh is perfectly acceptable. I will advise against going outside of Sinnoh, however.
- Pokémorphs can use any Level Up move that the Pokémon they are a hybrid of can use. However, they suffer from the fact that they are easily distinguished from normal humans and are recognizable on sight. Gijinkas can evade most initial scrutiny if they hide their Pokémon features with clothing, but any kind of searching at a checkpoint or during a frisk search will reveal their true nature. Unlike Pokémorphs, Gijinkas are limited to three pre-selected Level up moves of their Pokémon.
- Yes, characters on both sides that start off as humans could potentially become Pokémorphs and Gijinkas if a character holding a crystal decides to break it and unleash its effect. For G.A.T.E. operatives, this is especially bad as it means they will be disowned by the faction. For the Red Resistance, however, turning disowned G.A.T.E. operatives into mutants could be an opportunity to convince them to join the resistance and share their inside information.
- And for the same reason as above, only particular squads of elite G.A.T.E. operatives and a few armored vehicles are being sent in, just in case the crystals are broken once again. Much more of the assault work is being done by UAV drones and other remotely controlled robots and machines. As alteration, G.A.T.E. consists entirely of NPCs.
Signups don't close. If you're interested in the RP, sign up here: