Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Discuss Serebii's Mystery Dungeon Magnagate & The Infinite Labyrinth Discoveries

Default Discuss Serebii's Mystery Dungeon Magnagate & The Infinite Labyrinth Discoveries

Use this thread to discuss everything discovered

Discovery Thread: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...6#post15337236

EDIT: Nevermind. I'll just look at the info pages as they're completed to avoid story spoilers.

In any case, I'm curious as to whether or not the Pokemon in Magnagates are recruitable.

I'm guessing that as per usual, all of the Pokemon that I want won't be recruitable until the postgame.
    Last edited by Rakurai; 21st November 2012 at 10:30 PM.

Good to know that you can finally get some moves leveled up now. I found that keeping seeds on a constant basis was excruciating in the previous PMD games.

The Magnagates seem okay, but I find it hard to keep the 3DS camera facing one spot, unless you can play freely as soon as you have the Magnagate thing activated. I'm assuming it's more like the polar opposite of Zero Isle, only you don't have your levels depleted to one.
    Ardent user of anything Rock, Steel, Ground, or Fire
    3DS FC: 4296-3229-5439
    Credit to Mochi10 for the userbar/Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner

These "outdoor areas" seem promising. I'm liking how they are changing up the dungeons in this game.
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

How are the monster houses? Can you really recruit all 549 pokemon and most importantly do pokemon evolve normally and how soon can you change leaders?

My question is similar to PQ's. But, who was that Dewott, Servine, and Pignite in the trailer? Do you recruit them earlier than usual or your Pokemon can evolve earlier now?

Edit: Now I know. xD I got too excited.
    Last edited by Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama; 22nd November 2012 at 5:03 AM.

Leveling up your moves sounds good.
    And all the Pokemon on your team get experience? YES.
    Looks like this game will be a change for the better.
    Ah, yes, I probably just said something stupid there, didn't I? Not surprising, I've been called an idiot on multiple occasions, although I do consider myself to be more intelligent than most...

Loving what's been revealed so far.

Are the starters in the real game the same as the demo? (Just the 5)
    Love that you're able to go back and try the Magnagate dungeons after completing them. The whole idea sounds like it will add a lot of replay value to the game.

.:l Shiny Ditto l:.
    .:l LoL l:.

Thanks to Lil Crickee for the Awesome Chaos

Quote Originally Posted by shiny ditto View Post
    Loving what's been revealed so far.

Are the starters in the real game the same as the demo? (Just the 5)
    Love that you're able to go back and try the Magnagate dungeons after completing them. The whole idea sounds like it will add a lot of replay value to the game.
    Yeah, I think it is just the 5, considering the demo is pretty much just the beginning of the game.
    Ah, yes, I probably just said something stupid there, didn't I? Not surprising, I've been called an idiot on multiple occasions, although I do consider myself to be more intelligent than most...

Yeah the starters are just those five, we have known that for a while.

Speaking of starters, we know that Pikachu gets Fake Out and Oshawott gets Assurance. Do you know what the other 3 get?

I love how Axew is a starter. It's a shame I won't be able to play as Riolu (Until I recruit one that is) but Axew is a great Pokemon too. It's definitely the best starter in this game. It gets Dragon Rage at Level 10 which is a great move early in the game. Then it gets some great moves later on like Slash, Dragon Claw, Dragon Dance and so on. And it has the Rivalry and Mold Breaker abilities.

I'm definitely having Axew as the starter. And a Female Oshawott is my partner.
    Last edited by Aura Flare Riolu; 22nd November 2012 at 10:16 AM.

Spoiler:- ΩRαS Shinies:

Axew has Focus Energy, Snivy has Pursuit, and Tepig has Covet.

No clue why they decided on giving Tepig another normal type move with an additional effect of very limited use.

I'm a little surprised that there is a page for the dungeons already...

But the theme seems to be rock eh?

In 2 it was Water, in 1 Grass, and now Land. Trio much?

Anyway, I'm glad they opted for caves at the start, as I was looking forward to having a Joltik anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    I'm a little surprised that there is a page for the dungeons already...

But the theme seems to be rock eh?

In 2 it was Water, in 1 Grass, and now Land. Trio much?

Anyway, I'm glad they opted for caves at the start, as I was looking forward to having a Joltik anyway.
    Well the demo is the first hour of the game and I needed to get the framework ready so I figured I may as well

Just wondering but how did you buy the game, Serebii? Through the eshop or got it shipped?

Edit: just checked the main site. Turns out eshop has it.
    Last edited by *IZ*; 22nd November 2012 at 6:52 PM.
    3DS Friendcode: 5198-2496-8383

I'm curious as to whether the 138 Pokemon that are recruitable during the storyline is counting the evolved forms of Pokemon, or they're all unevolved ones.

EDIT: Interestingly, Bagon is available in one of the first dungeons. Guess they're not being so reserved about offering dragon type Pokemon to recruit this time around. Now I just hope Gible and Deino aren't postgame only...
    Last edited by Rakurai; 22nd November 2012 at 8:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    I'm curious as to whether the 138 Pokemon that are recruitable during the storyline is counting the evolved forms of Pokemon, or they're all unevolved ones.

EDIT: Interestingly, Bagon is available in one of the first dungeons. Guess they're not being so reserved about offering dragon type Pokemon to recruit this time around. Now I just hope Gible and Deino aren't postgame only...
    Maybe they made the storyline easier compared to previous PMDs. The dungeons seem shorter, fewer pokes to deal with, less variety in dungeons and you have more dragons on your side.
    FC (White): 1248-9416-2795
    3DS FC: 1633-4254-1939
    Friend Safari: (Rock) Dwebble, Macargo, Barbaracle
    PM me if you want a battle or trade

Quote Originally Posted by Endless View Post
    What? You don't feel the testosterone rush through your veins when you look at Machamp's large, manly pecs?

Or it could just be that the story is a lot longer the previous games, and the difficulty curve isn't as steep as a result.

or more incentive to buy DLC

I'm disappointed I won't be able to use the old team of Charmander and Chikorita, but I guess Oshawott and Tepig will have to do. Still looking forward to this game though.
    SoulSilver BQ

Wonderful Banner by Golden Jet!!!!!
    Chapter 9 is up!! (Still Shocking!)

Quote Originally Posted by EonDragonFTW View Post
    Maybe they made the storyline easier compared to previous PMDs. The dungeons seem shorter, fewer pokes to deal with, less variety in dungeons and you have more dragons on your side.
    I highly doubt a lot of this. First of the dungeons seem shorter because we've only seen the few beginning ones. And since we have only seen a few early dungeons, I don't think we can judge the variety yet.

Speaking of the story so far, I'm glad Kyurem isn't the bad guy. But I wonder who is? And what about the infinite labyrinth? Has that even been mentioned yet?
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

The obvious villain suspect is Hydreigon, though I'm hoping it isn't, just so I'll be surprised.

I'm guessing that Salamence, Purugly, and Toxicroak are the usual band of thugs that have shown up in every other PMD title and don't have any particular goal in mind other then to make things miserable for the heroes and others just because.

Kyurem not being the villain completely threw me off. Hmm, the gang might be the villains like Rakurai said. I wonder who will be the final boss?

Maybe Ho-oh and Lugia could be the villains? It's a stretch, but we know they show up eventually.

Maybe its Genesect

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast