Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Discuss Serebii's Mystery Dungeon Magnagate & The Infinite Labyrinth Discoveries

Does anyone know if there will English versions of the passwords?

Quote Originally Posted by hawkmbl View Post
    There is a nasty discovery for the NA demo...

EVERYONE IS GENDERLESS!

The partner is called a "he" a ton of times, and the main character is too. But the option to pick gender was deleted, and no genders show for any pokemon in the full version
    Wait...

Is your hero really referred to as a "he" (I didn't notice if they were)? Because I went ahead and gave my Snivy a female name, reasoning that they just wanted you "give" them a gender of your choosing through name choice...

can someone answer me about the passwords cause I want to get Oshawott

If your question hasn't been answered then chances are no one knows yet.

I also have a question. I'm playing the demo right now, and I am using the magnagate feature quite a lot. I keep running into a braviary that is sleeping, and no matter what I do it won't wake up. Anyone know why?

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Puppyshipper View Post
    can someone answer me about the passwords cause I want to get Oshawott
    Those passwords don't provide Pokemon. The only way to get the other starters is via the DLC dungeons or uncharted areas that appear rarely in post-story dungeons.

They do, however, give you one of the new flag hold items which provide beneficial effects to the Pokemon adjacent to the holder, such as immunity to certain status effects.

Quote Originally Posted by Skitzo View Post
    I also have a question. I'm playing the demo right now, and I am using the magnagate feature quite a lot. I keep running into a braviary that is sleeping, and no matter what I do it won't wake up. Anyone know why?
    If I had to guess, it might be possible that it wakes up after a certain large number of turns and starts harassing you.

I personally never bothered it, since I knew from past PMD games that disturbing sleeping Pokemon was a bad idea if the Pokemon species in question was always sleeping whenever you encountered it, since it was typically much stronger then the normal Pokemon on the floor.

EDIT: It's possible to wake it up by using attacks like Dragon Rage that cause fixed damage. However, you really don't want to, because it's strong enough to OHKO your party easily (The fact that it takes zero damage from standard attacks serves as a warning in this regard).
    Last edited by Rakurai; 8th March 2013 at 12:27 PM.
    Black 2 FC: 3654-8394-0937

3DS FC: 4511-1815-7291 (Spearow, Swanna, Doduo)

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    Those passwords don't provide Pokemon. The only way to get the other starters is via the DLC dungeons or uncharted areas that appear rarely in post-story dungeons.

They do, however, give you one of the new flag hold items which provide beneficial effects to the Pokemon adjacent to the holder, such as immunity to certain status effects.
    Yes they do it clearly says it if you look at the passwords it says it unlocks Pokemon

Serebii.net has mistakes, and that's one of them.

The only way to get more starters is by recruiting them. I know this from seeing people who used the passwords in question asking why they didn't get a Pokemon from it.

Serebii.net has mistakes, and that's one of them.

The only way to get more starters is by recruiting them. I know this from seeing people who used the passwords in question asking why they didn't get a Pokemon from it.
    so the dlc dungeons allow you to recuit them? I hope they do Tepigs dungeon soon

Tepig's dungeon was in the last set of DLC dungeons, so I think most people will probably end up recruiting it through normal methods before it's released (Which is exploring a particular post0story dungeon and hope you randomly get sent to an "uncharted area" where you can find them".

Tepig's dungeon was in the last set of DLC dungeons, so I think most people will probably end up recruiting it through normal methods before it's released (Which is exploring a particular post0story dungeon and hope you randomly get sent to an "uncharted area" where you can find them".

I guess I'll pick Tepig as my partner and get the others through dlc. they're free at first right?

Only the Pokeforest DLC dungeon is free temporarily. It's just a place where you can get tons of money.

Do you think they'll be $2.00 like the Pokeforest is after it's free?

Wait...

Is your hero really referred to as a "he" (I didn't notice if they were)? Because I went ahead and gave my Snivy a female name, reasoning that they just wanted you "give" them a gender of your choosing through name choice...
    Yes. I saw my partner say to quagsire early on "I brought him with me"

I got a team skill from a chest that isn't listed on the main site.

Team Skill: Collector
    Effect: It raises the chance of enemies carrying a Treasure Box.

team skill:
    Supereffective- your critical-hit rate is increased for supereffective moves.

Just got this mystery dungeon for chistimas, and i gave my name to my pokemon, as i always do. But im female, and its very unfair that the pokemon i turned on is treated as male.

At least your character's gender is only mentioned a grand of three times throughout the course of the story.

Still, they could've avoided mentioning it entirely like they did in the previous games.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567