Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Discuss Serebii's Mystery Dungeon Magnagate & The Infinite Labyrinth Discoveries

If it is 144 Pokemon, they downgraded from the Explorers of time/darkness/sky.
    3DS Friendcode: 5198-2496-8383

I can't help but wonder what the incentive for clearing the 99 floor dungeons is this time around, seeing as seemingly none of the legendary Pokemon reside within them this time.

Well, let's hope someone finds a Pokemon outside of that list as counter example...

Either that or dlc, etc.

Oh and thanks for spoiler tagging all of the plot stuff guys, I'm really grateful this thread can be that kind of discussion place. Although I caved and peeked at the final boss and I have to say WHOA.

It actually does resemble the crystalline entity :P

But their doing this again? Dark Rust was enough, why not an actual Pokémon instead of some random thing that happens to be alive.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    But their doing this again? Dark Rust was enough, why not an actual Pokémon instead of some random thing that happens to be alive.
    Gonna spoiler just incase-
        Spoiler:- hoopla:
    To right the countless wrongs of our day, we shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise. What a wonderful world such would be...

Maybe, but I doubt you'd be able to recruit it.

Which would mean that there is one creature I can't recruit, which means I can't 100% the game.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    Maybe, but I doubt you'd be able to recruit it.

Which would mean that there is one creature I can't recruit, which means I can't 100% the game.
    Considering it's not meant to be recruited, that indicates that you can 100% the game

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    Considering it's not meant to be recruited, that indicates that you can 100% the game
    Hey Serebii, by any chance, let us know if there is something special happening after you complete the 99 Floor Dungeon. Hopefully a special Boss Battle :P.

And maybe if somebody would try to recruit all Possible Pokemon to see if something special won't happen then.

Okay so it's been a LONG time since I've been here so I figured I'd bring this up. Not sure if anyone here has asked this but what are the available starters and partners? I know that Pikachu, the Gen V starters and Axew are available starters but what about the rest?
    Last edited by Ore-sama; 26th November 2012 at 7:10 AM.
    Hello friends!!! Ore-sama is here!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ore-sama View Post
    Okay so it's been a LONG time since I've been here so I figured I'd bring this up. Not sure if anyone here has asked this but what are the available starters and partners? I know that Pikachu, the Gen V starters and Axew are available starters but what about the rest?
    Fully evolved ones are available in the dungeons. Others in DLC dungeons

At least something is shiny in here.

Think it'd be an idea after WiiWare Mystery Dungeons.

Now how about putting those in 3D Pro...
    Last edited by lolipiece; 26th November 2012 at 4:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    Fully evolved ones are available in the dungeons. Others in DLC dungeons
    I didn't mean by that. I was asking what are the available starters and partners for this game. As in in story mode or something. Not talking about the Magnagate dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Ore-sama View Post
    I didn't mean by that. I was asking what are the available starters and partners for this game. As in in story mode or something. Not talking about the Magnagate dungeons.
    Try looking at the site or something.

It's Pikachu, Axew, Tepig, Snivy, and Oshawott.

That's not even obscure or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    Try looking at the site or something.

It's Pikachu, Axew, Tepig, Snivy, and Oshawott.

That's not even obscure or anything.
    I know that. I'm asking if there are more available default starters other than the ones listed or not.

Those are the only five starters...

It's been said multiple times.

Someone can confirm me if there is gonna be the others starters, like in a dlc or something? But i talking about charmander or other like this

Quote Originally Posted by Andresalejo View Post
    Someone can confirm me if there is gonna be the others starters, like in a dlc or something? But i talking about charmander or other like this
    There will NEVER be any new starters.

Pokémon which are starters in other games MAY be added to the game at a later point, but there is no evidence to support that

Yea they didn't even bother putting other starters in the game. xD They seemed lazier. I am disappointed in Chunsoft

I honestly think it was more data limitations then it was laziness as to why they didn't include more Pokemon, both in regards to starters and the total number available.

Having all 649 Pokemon, let alone having to animate all of them would likely have taken up a ton of a space, probably more then could fit on a one GB cartridge when coupled with all of the other parts of the game.

That said, I think they'd either need to start using two GB cartridges or go back to sprites if they ever wanted to include all of the Pokemon in a PMD game now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    I honestly think it was more data limitations then it was laziness as to why they didn't include more Pokemon, both in regards to starters and the total number available.

Having all 649 Pokemon, let alone having to animate all of them would likely have taken up a ton of a space, probably more then could fit on a one GB cartridge when coupled with all of the other parts of the game.

That said, I think they'd either need to start using two GB cartridges or go back to sprites if they ever wanted to include all of the Pokemon in a PMD game now.
    But 144 is just way too little, considering that the other PMD games had every Pokemon. From all the Pokemon to 144.

Wow. That's pretty cool how the legendaries become shiny in new missions. I wonder, does that mean Zekrom and Reshiram become shiny after they've been defeated a few times too? Not that it'd matter...but it would be sort of cool to see/fight them in their shiny forms.

Made by Zabi. Thanks. : D

Quote Originally Posted by *IZ* View Post
    But 144 is just way too little, considering that the other PMD games had every Pokemon. From all the Pokemon to 144.
    Like Rakurai said, it was probably the data usage that caused this limitation. Most likely because of the new features being added on to the game and all the mechanics being re-established in a 3-D environment.

However, I also feel that 144 is far too small. Another lacking diversity in gameplay experience aside from the fact that you can only be 5 pokemon in this one. If they could just go up to at least 160, I'd be happy.
    Ardent user of anything Rock, Steel, Ground, or Fire
    3DS FC: 4296-3229-5439
    Credit to Mochi10 for the userbar/Sworn Metalhead for the awesome banner

Personally, I'd rather they have stuck with the sprites if it meant allowing all 649 Pokemon it.

Though I imagine it was probably easier to use existing models then to draw new high resolution sprites for 649 Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    Personally, I'd rather they have stuck with the sprites if it meant allowing all 649 Pokemon it.

Though I imagine it was probably easier to use existing models then to draw new high resolution sprites for 649 Pokemon.
    A lot of the emotion and action in this game couldn't really work with sprites anyway

That is one big plus of 3d models.

I'll probably end up getting the game regardless of the lack of Pokemon. I'm still kind of disappointed that I won't be able to create my dream team of Pokemon, though, due to all of them other then Hydreigon being absent.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast