Thread: my soul silver team

Default my soul silver team

So this is what I have been slowly working for for the longest time, tell me what you think :-)
    this is suppose to be in-game, but i might dabble with a battle vs. a friend or two from time to time

skarmory:
    spikes/stealth rock?
    toxic
    roar
    fly
    -start off the battle with skarmory, lay spikes, then toxic the opponents, and roar them until i get most of them in and toxic all of them, and they take entry hazards, and so i know what i'm dealing with. if i live long enough i can use fly, and use the poison to my benefit too

scizor: with choice band
    u-turn
    bullet punch
    brick break/superpower
    pursuit
    this one would kind of be a scout/physical sweeper

dragonite:
    firepunch
    outrage
    earthquake
    dragon dance

charizard:
    sunny day
    flamethrower
    solarbeam
    air slash

lugia:
    roost
    ice beam
    extra sensory
    lightscreen

spiritomb:
    sucker punch
    shadow ball
    hypnosis
    dream eater

the 2 moves separated by a "/" mean i'm not sure which one too pick, so any suggestions are more than welcome :-)
    Last edited by phantom16; 15th November 2012 at 8:42 PM.
    SS team:

in gen V I want Meloetta
        Spoiler:- What I have for trade:

Skarmory looks fine. I'm assuming fly is for traveling because there are better options (like brave bird). And just realize that spikes is next to useless for in-game. But it's fine to keep it if you're going to be doing battles with friends.

I'd give scizor a choice band instead of scarf, since bullet punch will be your main attack and it gets priority. Plus, the infamous CB/technician/STAB bullet punch will hurt....a lot. Also, pursuit is a better choice than night slash thanks to technician. And use u-turn over SD since you're choiced.

Dragonite wants either fire punch or fire blast instead of thunderpunch (depending on its nature). Then there's nothing at all that will resist its attacks. Then go with roost over wing attack. Or you could also use Dragon Dance if you'd rather have power than recovery.

And with that, I'll leave the rest to other people. I hope this helped!
    Last edited by EvilTyranitar; 8th November 2012 at 5:25 PM.
    My White 2 Team:

Thanks to the amazing Savanny for this sweet banner!

Quote Originally Posted by phantom16 View Post
    So this is what I have been slowly working for for the longest time, tell me what you think :-)
    this is suppose to be in-game, but i might dabble with a battle vs. a friend or two from time to time

skarmory:
    spikes
    toxic/roost
    roar
    fly/Brave Bird
    -start off the battle with skarmory, lay spikes, then toxic the opponents, and roar them until i get most of them in and toxic all of them, and they take entry hazards, and so i know what i'm dealing with. if i live long enough i can use fly, and use the poison to my benefit too

scizor: with choice band
    u-turn
    bullet punch
    superpower
    Pursuit/Quick Attack
    this one would kind of be a scout/physical sweeper

This Scizor has a lot more raw power. Pursuit for fleers while Quick Attack takes out weakened foes.

dragonite:
    Fire Punch
    outrage
    earthquake
    Dragon Dance

This gets unresisted coverage. Dragon+Fire+Ground covers everything. If you want, go with Fire Blast so Dragonite can easily take out Skarmory.

charizard:
    sunny day
    flamethrower/Fire Blast
    solarbeam
    air slash

Fire Blast just incase you need the extra power.

lugia:
    Roost
    ice beam
    Light Screen
    Whirlwind/Toxic

Lugia is more of a wall. Its signature move doesn't fit with its role. Ice Beam helps with Dragons, so keep that. Light Screen will help support your team as it is mainly special weak. Toxic to wear down other walls or Whirlwind to get out of a sticky situation.

spiritomb:
    shadow sneak
    Will-O-Wisp
    Sucker Punch
    Pain Split

the 2 moves separated by a "/" mean i'm not sure which one too pick, so any suggestions are more than welcome :-)
    Changes in bold.
    In order to understand my train of thoughts,
    you'll have to put yourself in my position. You can't expect me to think like you because my life ain't like yours; You know what I'm sayin?

- TI, Ready For Whatever
    Paper Trail.

Awesome team go check out my pokemon platinum team. The only thing I suggest is swords dance on your scizor thats it though you have a very well rounded team nice job!!
    Go team excadrill digging to bedrock and beyond!!!

Quote Originally Posted by excadrill798 View Post
    Awesome team go check out my pokemon platinum team. The only thing I suggest is swords dance on your scizor thats it though you have a very well rounded team nice job!!
    Choice Band Scizor is more of an immediate threat. Swords Dance has potential for the opponent to switch in a Special Attacking Fire type and OHKO him.
    you'll have to put yourself in my position. You can't expect me to think like you because my life ain't like yours; You know what I'm sayin?

- TI, Ready For Whatever
    Paper Trail.

ok, so i took some of your suggestions, but not all, but i do appreciate all the input. the revises team is now in the main post, but i have a couple more questions now.

should i switch spikes for stealth on skarmory? i think the 1 turn setup is nice, even if it doesn't hit all pokemon too hard
    I don't have a single electric attack, make room for one, or just don't worry about it?

and while appreciate the setup for spiritomb, i'm just kind of attached to his current setup, which deals much more damage than the other priority moves. will o wisp is cool, but i like the hypnosis/dream eater combo, and i don't want to get ride of his 2 STAB attacks, so i don't think i can change him too much. appreciate the input though
    SS team:

in gen V I want Meloetta
        Spoiler:- What I have for trade:

All the opponent has to do to counter your Spiritomb is send in a Dark type and your Spiritomb loses.

- TI, Ready For Whatever
    Paper Trail.

Choice sets ingame aren't viable , since they lock you into one move , and since the AI are too stupid to switch , meaning Swords Dance is better.

/facepalm Again , the AI won't switch azeem.
    I'm feelin' electric tonight
    Cruising down the coast goin' 'bout 99
    Got my bad baby by my heavenly side
    I know if I go, I'll die happy tonight

it is good team so support it.