Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Drayden Versus Iris: Past, Present, and Future! (762)

Amazing episode even tough I didn't understand a single word being said XD 10/10

Definitely Iris' episodes are between the most interesting in Best Wishes, I liked the dragon battle, Druddigon and Haxorus were beastly, Drayden is very strong, Excadrill hold its own. Iris did a great job with him lol

Iris' eventual farewell will be sad ugh =(
    Last edited by RickHoenn; 8th November 2012 at 2:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Props to the writers. I was not expecting druddigon to score the win and with dragon tail nonetheless.
    Props to them kicking Iris off the show the right way (in the future)
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

What the Hell happened here? I was on the Uni (damn class schedule) I went and read on Bulba that Iris lost and was stunned!

I watched the pics on Filb and seemed to be a nice battle!
    Was surprised that Excadrill vs Hax was the first battle and I was glad that Excadrill got even in a way!
    Glad that Krimigan defeated Dragonite! The Krimigan line was shown weak during BW!

Was it said why the gym was earlier closed!? did Iris and Drayden had some interaction!? And did Ash showed signs of wanting to battle Drayden!?
    My Final B2-normal mode- team:

decent episode i guess
    i liked seeing Exadrill battle
    dragonite was okay

as far as gym battles went..not bad...there have certainly been worse...

but over all i'd say about a 6/10 for this episode maybe 7/10

Alright, I won the bet again....... I mean I'm happy for Drayden to get a win. If only Iris had trained Excadrill more in the show while she was traveling. And somehting about a gymleader? I'm glad that the writers are sticking with Iris's status in the White game, hopefully she can have time to live up to her champion status later on.

My ideal battle ever!

This episode made me so teary eyed. I wanted Iris to win but the way the episode was setup really showed the future is bright for Iris. I'm so proud of Excadrill for tying with Haxorus and it looks like Iris and Dragonite are finally together. I know in the future she'll come back and beat Drayden. His experience was just too much which was my biggest fear going into this.

Love you forever, Iris<3

Good episode, even though I knew Iris was going to lose, it gave me a surprise that Dnite vd Ddigon was the last fight.

Drayden choosing Iris to become the next gym leader eventually makes me happy since it's one of the few thing that the anime will follow from the games.

Keep this rhythm writers, I want this league to be awesome.
    IGN: Carlos
    FC: 0903-2783-6541

[CENTER]SIGNATURE SOON...[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    This episode made me so teary eyed. I wanted Iris to win but the way the episode was setup really showed the future is bright for Iris. I'm so proud of Excadrill for tying with Haxorus and it looks like Iris and Dragonite are finally together. I know in the future she'll come back and beat Drayden. His experience was just too much which was my biggest fear going into this.
    Really now... because I remember a majority (not you in particular) were saying that his experience didn't mean squat as he was a gym leader, therefore he wasn't unbeatable like a Elite 4 member.
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Words cannot describe how pressed I am right now. All that build up to the rematch and all the hype surrounding it were all for naught; Iris still lost the battle. The highlight of the episode for me was that Excadrill tied with Haxorus, which was something that I wanted to see happen. But Dragonite's battle with that Druddigon was just ridiculous. Dragonite should have won plain and simple. And did we ever find out why Drayden's Druddigon looked so small? Also, how many losses does Dragonite have now?

A great episode. Yeah I had a huge gut feeling Drayden would win because of his experience which was constantly showed throughout this episode.

Lol. Iris is such a troublemaker and the ploice and twonspeople is like "Oh her again?" when she up on the steel tower. Methinks me likes her a little more.

Drayden is a hard teacher but he should have helped her a bit more with her lack of learning.

Just like Roxie's battle, it the first match was a huge turn of events.

I mean Excalibur the Mighty vs Haxrous in the beginning was very interesting and the last match with Broken Barney vs Druddigon made it feel totally unpredictable! Kudos to that writers!

Excadrill deserved that tie and the battle was just plain epic with tension building and powerful attacks dodged and countered. Did the Mighty get OHKOed by Giga Impact? Well better than Rock Smash must kill all Exadrills thing.

Man I am glad they showcased a powerful Druddigon. Maybe it was not his final and strongest Pokemon like HAXorus who used Hax to OHKO Excalibur the Mighty with Giga Impact. Poor Broken Barney. Your disobedience was your tue powerup in the tournament but hey I love it when Dragonite and Iris synced to hit Druddigon with Double Team. Lol Druddigon tanking an Ice Beam and Dealing massive damage with Dragon Claw to him. Krok n' Roll's battle all over again.

Pretty much this episode really changed my opinion about anime Iris in a nicer way and I loved it for that.

Oh she going to be a punching bag for Ash and rookie trainers....err I mean a gym leader? Cool then she becomes a champion and gets beaten by another rookie....No i er for her and I guess that it her reward.
    Yeah..... I changed my signature....

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th Kira View Post
    Words cannot describe how pressed I am right now. All that build up to the rematch and all the hype surrounding it were all for naught; Iris still lost the battle. The highlight of the episode for me was that Excadrill tied with Haxorus, which was something that I wanted to see happen. But Dragonite's battle with that Druddigon was just ridiculous. Dragonite should have won plain and simple. And did we ever find out why Drayden's Druddigon looked so small? Also, how many losses does Dragonite have now?
    50-50

And his Name of trolololololicetypes is so fitting now.

So the writers are finally foreshadowing the female's departure ahead of time rather than at the last minute like usual. Not that it wasn't expected...but you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    Really now... because I remember a majority (not you in particular) were saying that his experience didn't mean squat as he was a gym leader, therefore he wasn't unbeatable like a Elite 4 member.
    Well that is true. He isn't unbeatable as Excadrill was able to tie with Haxorus. But I guess the writers needed to play the experience card and that is something none of us could've saw happening until we actually saw the episode. The writers could've easily had Iris own Drayden if they wanted to because he isn't unbeatable.

We all know good and well that a Dragonite is capable of beating a Druddigon.

Also, how many losses does Dragonite have now
    Just two. One to Krookodile and one here to Druddigon.

Well, for an Iris episode it wasn't as bad as the last few were at least.
    I'm glad she lost, showed us shes perfect and still needs to grow even as gym leaders they still need to.
    Looks like we know how Iris story is going to end, not going to say a word about that here.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

Interesting episode, and it pretty much confirmed what we allready knew: iris was a bit excentric, thus a loner and she'll probably end up becomming the gymleader at the end of bw.
    Did karyu actually pass out? I know it got downed pretty hard, but i never saw it unconscious. (in the screen-shots)
    Last edited by Blazicken; 8th November 2012 at 8:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blazicken View Post
    Interesting episode, and it pretty much confirmed what we allready knew: iris was a bit excentric, thus a loner and she'll probably end up becomming the gymleader at the end of bw.
    Did karyu actiually pass out? I know it got downed pretty hard, but i never saw it unconscious.
    Dragonite did get KO'd from dragon tail. If you watch the battle you'll see it.

Guess will never really know if Dragon Tail has the whole switch out effect or not... But I guess I'm shocked at how one-side Druddigon's attack set was, pretty much the starters set. (3 moves of same type + 1 normal type move)

Edit: Bulbapedia has it down that Druddigon use Flash Cannon... so maybe I'm wrong ^^;

My favorite episode from Best Wishes as a whole. It had a beautiful first half giving an insight on Iris' past yet being subtle and sweet about it. The last half was intense, although obvious, but it was the perfect way to begin saying goodbye to Iris.

More than Crustle, which therefore puts it on par with everything else that isn't Crustle, but above everything that isn't Stunfisk.. The 'fair treatment' group, you could say.

Kingler, my friend. No matter what, you will always remain my favourite Water type. You shouldn't have missed out on the Sinnoh League and I look forward to seeing you again, hopefully in the near future.

There you are, I see you in the back there!

I am amazed at how attached to Iris I am, the knowledge that she's going to leave soon makes me incredibly sad. Now I'm still iffy about Cilan.

Wow I got exactly what I wanted from this episode.

Excadrill and Haxorus draw.
    Dragonite losing to Druddigon.
    Iris losing but showed competence.
    Iris' goal being clear on becoming Gym Leader.

So I was pretty content with this episode, although I didn't expect the match-ups to be reversed. I think most of us expected Haxorus vs Excadrill being last.

So yeah this debunks the annoying theory about Iris collecting gym badges after Unova. They went the BW route with her, not the BW2 route.

Aesthetically, the gym was pretty cool. Him having the statues of the three main dragons form Unova was a nice touch. This makes me wonder if he has a Hydreigon as well, wouldn't be surprised though. Maybe in a rematch Axew/Fraxure can get a nice battle vs one.

Random : PokéRadar

I liked this episode. I wish we got a longer battle, but I honestly liked learning about Iris' back-story better. I definitely feel more connected to Iris' character after this episode, something that Iris has lacked for me. I'm glad that she's going to become gym leader too.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDragonfangirl View Post
    Well, for an Iris episode it wasn't as bad as the last few were at least.
    I'm glad she lost, showed us shes perfect and still needs to grow even as gym leaders they still need to.
    Looks like we know how Iris story is going to end, not going to say a word about that here.
    When the writers portrayed Iris as perfect? o_O

Quote Originally Posted by RickHoenn View Post
    When the writers portrayed Iris as perfect? o_O
    I think that's a typo and meant "isn't perfect", otherwise the sentence wouldn't make any sense (if something is already perfect, it doesn't need improvement). I tend to do that error too. :P
    MY MAIN FANFICS

Super Smash Bros Clash: 6 chapters, ongoing | Pokémon Best Wishes Reloaded: 3 episodes, ongoing

Self-made claimer of AntennaShipping {Meguri the Moogle (Original Character / Final Fantasy) x Captain Olimar (Pikmin)}
    and SteakShipping {Ness (MOTHER 2 / Earthbound) x Doremi (Ojamajo Doremi)}

When the battle started with Excadrill vs Haxorus I was truly surprised but not disappointed, it wasnt until I saw the troll way Drayden's Druddigon won against Dragonite that I started to be a bit peeved. I mean, how the hell did Druddigon block Ice Beam without feeling a little damage? And he stopped Dragon Rush? -_- BS was full at the end of that battle and its really sad how every girl character has to have someone who they can never beat to make them look inferior and weak. I mean Excadrill didnt even beat Haxorus he tied with him. The good parts of this episode was of course the Iris flashback, the Iris on the tower and the police and stuff. The start of the battle but certainly not the end with that troll Druddigon...
    What happens when two diffrent people connect through an unlikely adventure?
    https://www.fanfiction.net/docs/edit.php?docid=29355246
    Pokemon-BW- Dare to live?

So how many Pokemons are there?

Silly Jack, the plural of Pokemon is Pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    Pokemon: Filler Adventures and Pokemon: Rise of the Penguin respectivley.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    Now that I think about it....that poster is a horrible advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    Wow, I'm just stating that I'm uncomfortable with one of the few decent pokemon on the train wreck that is Ash's Unova team getting shafted and you accuse me of impersonating an imposter?!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast