Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Drayden Versus Iris: Past, Present, and Future! (762)

Quote Originally Posted by ConUxie223 View Post
    When the battle started with Excadrill vs Haxorus I was truly surprised but not disappointed, it wasnt until I saw the troll way Drayden's Druddigon won against Dragonite that I started to be a bit peeved. I mean, how the hell did Druddigon block Ice Beam without feeling a little damage? And he stopped Dragon Rush? -_- BS was full at the end of that battle and its really sad how every girl character has to have someone who they can never beat to make them look inferior and weak. I mean Excadrill didnt even beat Haxorus he tied with him. The good parts of this episode was of course the Iris flashback, the Iris on the tower and the police and stuff. The start of the battle but certainly not the end with that troll Druddigon...
    Didn't Dragonite tank tons of Ice Shards and Ice Beams? And it's twice as weak to Flying as Druddigon is.

Quote Originally Posted by justthisonepost View Post
    Didn't Dragonite tank tons of Ice Shards and Ice Beams? And it's twice as weak to Flying as Druddigon is.
    It seems to have the unreleased ability iceproof. But apparently that ability makes it extra weak to dragon to compensate.

Quote Originally Posted by SceptileTheBanana View Post
    I am amazed at how attached to Iris I am, the knowledge that she's going to leave soon makes me incredibly sad. Now I'm still iffy about Cilan.
    Not so soon... :P

When the battle started with Excadrill vs Haxorus I was truly surprised but not disappointed, it wasnt until I saw the troll way Drayden's Druddigon won against Dragonite that I started to be a bit peeved. I mean, how the hell did Druddigon block Ice Beam without feeling a little damage? And he stopped Dragon Rush? -_- BS was full at the end of that battle and its really sad how every girl character has to have someone who they can never beat to make them look inferior and weak. I mean Excadrill didnt even beat Haxorus he tied with him. The good parts of this episode was of course the Iris flashback, the Iris on the tower and the police and stuff. The start of the battle but certainly not the end with that troll Druddigon...
    How the heck does Dragonite tank Ice Beam, Ice Shard, Blizzard and Ice Fang without dropping? And Dragonite stopped Mamoswine's Take Down and ran through Blizzard. Dragonite has had more BS wins.

I don't see how someone can get mad about someone beating Dragonite and calling it BS when Dragonite has been shown to be full of it. Especially when he's versing a Dragon type raised by a Dragon Master.

Random : PokéRadar

Anyone else fine it amusing that drayden's ace is actually druddigon? If he sent that out first it could have been a clean sweep.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Anyone else fine it amusing that drayden's ace is actually druddigon? If he sent that out first it could have been a clean sweep.
    eh I doubt it...Excadrill has beaten a Druddigon before. I view this episode as Druddigon's redemption since it's been made to look like a joke up till now.

My hypocrite senses are tingling. It's alright that Dragonite can take whatever Ice attack comes it way despite being weaker to Ice then most dragons (part Flying) but when Druddigon blocks a non STAB Ice Beam, oh no, that's just plain evil.
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

I can't help but feel a little bit trolled...not only was the haxorus battle not the main event, it was also taken out way too easily considering that it's Drayden's powerhouse in the game (I know anime =/= game but still)...that part needed to be longer in my opinion...The fact that druddigon is Drayden's actual powerhouse I think was intentionally put in there to be strong in order to promote druddigon considering how crappy and unpopular it really is...I mean when it first came out, it looked like a lego lizard with weird wings and a weird head, it was one of the the easiest pokemon to take out on Drayden's (and Alder's) team, the only unova non-legendary dragon not to make OU, and probably the overall worst full-evolved dragon type being only slightly better than altaria (but even altaria gets cotton guard and dragon dance)...in short, druddigon sucks and no one really likes it so they intentionally made it strong to make it more appealing...kinda false advertising...anyways, it eventually grew on me like all dragon types do but I still wouldn't use one in competitive; however, that's besides the point...Now there were a few good points...young Iris was adorable and even though the whole "I don't fit in" archetype is reused, I still like how it was portrayed...also, I'm pretty sure fraxure used dual chop at one point...didn't look like the way I thought it would...Oh and the Iris-dragonite conflict can now be officially over...they heart-connected in battle...I think that's a pretty close connection..
    Draconic pokemon are king !!!

Pokemon Y Team:

my deviantart featuring a wide array of moemon drawn by yours truly: http://xxd17.deviantart.com/

Druddigon only took Ice Beam which means it is as good as Dragonite at being trolololice, but it didn't block Dragon Rush. It used Vice Grip to stop Dragon Rush before it even hit Druddigon. So yes the only damage Druddigon took was two thunder punches, and a Ice Beam. So yesthis battle is still realistic to me. (To people who are calling this battle BS)

EDIT: It wasn't Vice Grip, but oh well Druddigon's claws are sharp enough, and it belongs to a gym leader.
    Last edited by Alfred the Second; 9th November 2012 at 6:37 PM.

<--My tumblr
    Quote Originally Posted by EmphaticPikachu
    DRACO NO STOP. DRACO DOWN. DRACO NO FLIRTING WITH ME.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodlerama

FF.Net profile: Here!!
    \

Quote Originally Posted by Dracoflare View Post
    Druddigon only took Ice Beam which means it is as good as Dragonite at being trolololice, but it didn't block Dragon Rush. It used Vice Grip to stop Dragon Rush before it even hit Druddigon. So yes the only damage Druddigon took was two thunder punches, and a Ice Beam. So yesthis battle is still realistic to me. (To people who are calling this battle BS)
    In the game all you need is one ice beam and druddigon is done xD

Quote Originally Posted by HatersGonnaHate View Post
    In the game all you need is one ice beam and druddigon is done xD
    So is dragonite. Many STABd ice beams OHKO through MS.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    So is dragonite. Many STABd ice beams OHKO through MS.
    yeah but druddigon is a hella lot weaker than a Dragonite is and it doesn't have multiscale to help it.

yeah but druddigon is a hella lot weaker than a Dragonite is and it doesn't have multiscale to help it.
    Does it matter here?

As for this talk about Dragonite's little "ice" issues, basically it suffers from what i like to call "Swellow" syndrome, it resists an element it's normally resistant too, but is easily dispatched by other types to make up for it, simple enough.

I enjoyed this episode, it felt like a nice wrap-up to Iris's story, despite losing the match, Excadrill got some level of redemption against Haxorus and both of Iris's formerly disobedient Pokemon obeyed her completely. Overall, I think Iris had a solid arc in Best Wishes, getting a bunch of Pokemon with difficult personalities to listen to her. If her Axew evolves at the end, preferably at the same time as Scraggy, I'll be pretty much satisfied.

Now if only a certain other main character had actually gotten some development *coughashunconvincingcough*.

Quote Originally Posted by _Taidow_ View Post
    How the heck does Dragonite tank Ice Beam, Ice Shard, Blizzard and Ice Fang without dropping? And Dragonite stopped Mamoswine's Take Down and ran through Blizzard. Dragonite has had more BS wins.

I don't see how someone can get mad about someone beating Dragonite and calling it BS when Dragonite has been shown to be full of it. Especially when he's versing a Dragon type raised by a Dragon Master.
    Yes, Dragonite took Ice Beams and Ice Shards but he was inflicted with damage from all of them. Druddigon didnt even freeze which is the normal effect of Ice Beam in the anime. All I was saying was that they suddenly made Drayden's Druddigon the strongest Dragon type ever -_- and Dragonite stopped "Take Down" not Dragon Rush which is a much more powerful win... They suddenly made Dragonite seem weak even though they had they WTJC make him look strong and the TR 2-parter to make him look powerful and then out of nowhere they make him look weak compared to one Druddigon.. Now if he had fought against a Pokemon and got weakened some the fight would have looked believable but it wasnt and it looked to me like they were trying to portray Drayden as the strongest Trainer in Unova while making Iris look bad as a result.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joltik-Kid View Post
    My hypocrite senses are tingling. It's alright that Dragonite can take whatever Ice attack comes it way despite being weaker to Ice then most dragons (part Flying) but when Druddigon blocks a non STAB Ice Beam, oh no, that's just plain evil.
    How am I being a hypocrite? Dragonite is a powerful but they made him look like crap compared to Druddigon who he didnt even get one hit on. I dont really care for Dragonite but it was really dumb to see how the battle turned out.
    What happens when two diffrent people connect through an unlikely adventure?
    https://www.fanfiction.net/docs/edit.php?docid=29355246
    Pokemon-BW- Dare to live?

So how many Pokemons are there?

Silly Jack, the plural of Pokemon is Pokemon

Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    Pokemon: Filler Adventures and Pokemon: Rise of the Penguin respectivley.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFonz View Post
    Now that I think about it....that poster is a horrible advertisement
    Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    Wow, I'm just stating that I'm uncomfortable with one of the few decent pokemon on the train wreck that is Ash's Unova team getting shafted and you accuse me of impersonating an imposter?!

All I was saying was that they suddenly made Drayden's Druddigon the strongest Dragon type ever -_- and Dragonite stopped "Take Down" not Dragon Rush which is a much more powerful win... They suddenly made Dragonite seem weak even though they had they WTJC make him look strong and the TR 2-parter to make him look powerful and then out of nowhere they make him look weak compared to one Druddigon..
    It's Pokemon...it happens. Thus is it's nature. Prime example, Pikachu beat Regice...then suddenly it barely ties to an Elekid a few episodes later.

Its not one Druidigon its Drayden Druidigon, it was strong enough to beat Dragonite there is nothing unbelievable about its win.

I told you guys Druddigon rawks. u_u Now all hail me and I'll be happy.~
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

How am I being a hypocrite? Dragonite is a powerful but they made him look like crap compared to Druddigon who he didnt even get one hit on. I dont really care for Dragonite but it was really dumb to see how the battle turned out.
    You never defended Dragonite... huh, must have fooled you for someone else. My bad, but it still doesn't matter since Dragonite is known far better for that nonsense then Drayden's one time used Druddigon
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    "I already told you, I don't mind playing the bad guy every once in a while."~ Sonic the Hedgehog

Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac View Post
    i told you guys druddigon rawks. U_u now all hail me and i'll be happy.~
    all heil 00poke-maniac

Now I know exactly why Ash won't fight Drayden in the first place. Because Drayden is way overpowered. Why? Because has defeated a already overpowered Dragonite. But did Ash won against Dragonite before? Yes, in the Junior Cup but there's a diffrence.

1) In the Junior Cup Dragonite briefly obeys vs Krokorok but when Dragonite is hit by Dragon Claw, Dragonite starts to go for a rampage (weakenj Dragonite) and then Krookodile could win launching many hits.
    2) In the Drayden battle, Druddigon takes all hits from Dragonite like nothing and launches a Dragon Tail that KO Dragonite. In this, Dragonite is now fully obedient to Iris, meaning that isn't a handicap that give Drayden the win.
    I think that Pokemon is beautiful and has its charm

Serebii, Bulbagarden

Note: I decided to not post post that had cause hate to me anymore. If you see one, please PM me and I will delete the moment I'm aware and I'm online.

I need to take a break in the anime forum because these forum bored me.

Yes, Dragonite took Ice Beams and Ice Shards but he was inflicted with damage from all of them. Druddigon didnt even freeze which is the normal effect of Ice Beam in the anime. All I was saying was that they suddenly made Drayden's Druddigon the strongest Dragon type ever -_- and Dragonite stopped "Take Down" not Dragon Rush which is a much more powerful win... They suddenly made Dragonite seem weak even though they had they WTJC make him look strong and the TR 2-parter to make him look powerful and then out of nowhere they make him look weak compared to one Druddigon.. Now if he had fought against a Pokemon and got weakened some the fight would have looked believable but it wasnt and it looked to me like they were trying to portray Drayden as the strongest Trainer in Unova while making Iris look bad as a result.

Because a trained Druddigon destroying a newly captured Dragonite makes no sense at all.

That user title fits you very well, when you make posts like these. Iris lost get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac View Post
    I told you guys Druddigon rawks. u_u Now all hail me and I'll be happy.~
    Hail to 00poke_maniac!

This episode made me so teary eyed. I wanted Iris to win but the way the episode was setup really showed the future is bright for Iris. I'm so proud of Excadrill for tying with Haxorus and it looks like Iris and Dragonite are finally together. I know in the future she'll come back and beat Drayden. His experience was just too much which was my biggest fear going into this.

Love you forever, Iris<3
    A better love story than Twilight
    Last edited by BurningSociety12345543210; 10th November 2012 at 2:16 PM.

This was a good episode, or should I say, a typical Iris episode? XD

Although I found the battle between Haxorus and Excadrill rushed, the outcome was satisfying and Iris lost which is what I had hoped for. I found myself even more connected to her character after seeing what she had to go through in school. I felt so bad for her, she had no friends because she was ... well, different - I think many people can relate to that, I know I did.

Iris developing to become a gym leader is something I would like to see, but she still hasn't said 'yes' to the offer so we'll see if she accepts. Either way, I am happy with what has become of her story arc. She's grown a lot, but still has a long way to go. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    I felt so bad for her, she had no friends because she was ... well, different - I think many people can relate to that, I know I did.
    It kinda makes you wonder, now that she has two good friends she's traveling with, why she moans and groans about Ash being "childish", and Cilan being "annoying".
    Last edited by Graham Aker; 10th November 2012 at 2:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Aker View Post
    It kinda makes you wonder, now that she has two good friends she's traveling with, why she moans and groans about their antics. Ash being "childish", and Cilan being "annoying".
    Well, to be honest, she hasn't had many friends. Most of her friends were Pokémon and that girl from the village was her only true friend. And that girl is nowhere near Ash/Cilan in terms of behavior or personality (she seems shy and reserved) so it's only natural that Ash and Cilan would get different reactions out of Iris (Ash making rash/stupid decisions and Cilan being all weird and eccentric). But honestly, I think that the most of Iris's jokes were played for comedy purposes as we saw exactly how much she cheered Ash on in his battle against Roxie. ^^

Plus, friends do annoy quite a lot sometimes. xD

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast