Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Drayden Versus Iris: Past, Present, and Future! (762)

A good Iris episode no doubt.

-Battles, Doryuuzu and Kairyu was rushed but at least the wanted results happened with Doryuuzu typing and showing improvement against Ononokusu. Kairyu VS. Crimgan showed Kairyu and Iris mended trust and Kairyu's trust toward humans in-general. Iris losing was good and what I wanted and I look forward to how she's going to develop in her new Gym Leader goal alongside her Dragon Master goal.

-Iris' past, so when attending Souryuu Academy she was friendless? Very relatable moment and showed how Iris being different contrasted to the usual norm of the other kids of Souryuu. I thought the scene where she was in the fountain splashing and playing with the Koaruhi was pretty cute and a nice likened moment back to when she was at the village and played in the stream. That flashback to her dorm room and her looking at pictures of Shobu and Doryuuzu was precious, it must have been really tough for her at that time, again that a moment I think a lot of people can relate to. I liked the scene where she was pushing Ononodo too hard just like with Doryuuzu.

-Music during the flashback to Doryuuzu being Rock Smashed was surprisingly good, seemed like a new piece and fit the nostalgic aura they were trying to portray quite nicely.

-Shaga getting serious when Kairyu came out to play was great and his Crimgan being treated like a real powerhouse as well as finishing the battle with Dragon Tail.

Overall, Iris being offered a scholarship to becoming the Souryuu Leader was expected, but I couldn't be happier. It ties into the game and shows how Iris' development eventually lead up to this.

Quote Originally Posted by ConUxie223 View Post
    How am I being a hypocrite? Dragonite is a powerful but they made him look like crap compared to Druddigon who he didnt even get one hit on. I dont really care for Dragonite but it was really dumb to see how the battle turned out.
    I'm glad that they did that so that it makes it seem like it's so unstoppable in which it doesn't still need any proper training. We already have a Charizard somewhere, Dragonite still can use some more help.

My ideal battle ever!

Why is there complaint about Dragonite vs Druddigon? Drayden was experienced and all his Pokemon were well conditioned. Because there is no such thing as stats and levels in the anime but experience and conditioning, Druddigon was stronger than Dragonite naturally by experience and training and THAT ALL DRAGONS ARE PSEUDO LEGENDARY BECAUSE THEY HYPE THEM ALL UP TO BE AS SUCH.

Also Broken Barney was strong because of his disobedience. Hell Look at Ash's Charizard, Dawn's Mamoswine, Misty's Gyarados, and Bianca's Escaliver kind of. All mighty and powerful with the ability to OHKO all who oppose them until they get their behinds kicked hard. Now Broken Barney is just a regular powerhouse like Zeustle.

Now that Iris has full control over Broken Barney, all those powers he showed to have are gone. Reminds me of this rule
    140. Law of NPC Relativity (Magus Rule)
    Characters can accomplish superhuman physical feats, defeat enemies with one hand tied behind their back and use incredible abilities -- until they join your party and you can control them. Then these wonderful powers all vanish, along with most of their hit points.
    Yeah..... I changed my signature....

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Aker View Post
    It kinda makes you wonder, now that she has two good friends she's traveling with, why she moans and groans about Ash being "childish", and Cilan being "annoying".
    Probably because Ash and Cilan are dudes and not girls. I think Iris feels more connected with friends who are girls seeing as how her relationship with Shobu is really strong and she even got along great with Dawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Aker View Post
    It kinda makes you wonder, now that she has two good friends she's traveling with
    It's almost like Ash is traveling with social rejects now xD (both Iris and Dento are a bit weird. Which I find awesome, though I don't know why people found Iris so weird. I was always catching bugs and things when I was younger. Granted, never climbed trees much (my parents said I'd break a bone or something lol)

I like how it had Iris seem a bit weird, because we all are in a way. We all know Iris secretly relishes her traveling companions. That much is obvious. =P She'd cheered for Ash during the gym battle, and told Dento that his "annoyingness" was what made traveling fun. So while she is a bit rude/blunt, it doesn't make her a bad person.
    3DS Friend Code: 1306-5187-6204

OH MY GOD.

I just watched the battle between Iris and drayden...GEZZ. .___________.

Iris is like I've got this! Dragon Rush!
    Dragonite gains altitude and does so*

Drayden: Stop it! (Or something.)
    Druggion litterally grabs dragonite by the neck before he slams into druggion (Those claws look like they're gonna ****ing choke dragonite, I'm not shitting you.)
    Drayden: fling it into the sky!
    Sruggion throws dragonite by the neck into the air.

Drayden: Dragon tail!

Druggieon jumps up spinning to gain momentum, and slams dragonite back into the ground.

I found the neck grab to freaken brutal .___.;;;

I give the episode a high grade just because of that baddassery. xD
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

After checking Bulbapedia, I just realized that the US will be getting this episode in one month! That's pretty exciting. :3

Currently writing: The Missing Link!
    Chapters posted: 8
    Please read and review. I'll be eternally grateful.

Really enjoyed this episode, and well spaced overall. It was good to learn more about Iris' endeavors from Drayden's Academy and what not. Opelucid city didn't strike me as interesting as I had anticipated. Guess the animators we're torn on what it should look like. At least the gym looked cool; just like the one in the anime exactly.

Glad to see Excadrill got a draw with Haxorus; that's some progress.

Dragonite fought well against Druddigon, but I knew he would lose.

Drayden's such an amazing character, although he is intimidating. Yet he's not as hot headed as some people like Prof. Rowan. Drayden's very calm yet orderly strict.

It was awesome to hear that Iris' has the possibility of becoming Gym Leader of Opelucid City, but again, I'm not surprised.

Having these two episodes focus on Iris was just what we needed. Now it's onward to the Pokemon League.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

It's a neat episode. It was tough for Iris to fit in at school. The battle was neat, even though Iris lost, she did her best.

When Iris said that she wanted to think about her happy place, I thought she was going insane.

Then the next shot has her on top of a tower, to which then I said, "Oh dear god, she's contemplating suicide!"

Yet again, another Iris' focused episode gives her a whole lot of character development. Hey, Cilan, when will you develop like that?

...Also, Drayden sounds a bit like Dr. Eggman.

Tea time during war is serious business, you know.
    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Hyrule Warriors (Hard)

Chapter 219: An Alien Friend in Need - Complete!

wow ... so now we finally find out why iris never wanted to come back here.... never saw this side of her..... i like her more now hahah and drayden is a great character!

Well, this episode is good! I really liked finding out about Iris's past, kind of feel bad for her now...

So this was kind of like a two parter, sort of following on from the last episode and on their way from the Village of Dragons to Opelucid City. Actually, the city looks normal.
    Haha, Iris is climbing a tower. It looks like Iris went to an academy but then set out on a journey afterwards. Man, those days over there must of been tough... :/

After, both Ash and Cilan learn of Iris's past they then set out to the Opelucid Gym! Wow, too bad Iris lost to Drayden but I didn't mind although I did hope Excadrill wins...
    I liked the gym battle, the gym battle was good. Oh and yay! Iris's gets to chose to become gym leader of the gym, sooner or later! She proved she's stronger. :O

Yay, now they head off to the Unova League! Anyway, its a pretty good episode to finish off all of Iris's development but a little sad past.

Ash: Now I choose you!
    Electro Ball!

-Pikachu: PikaPika-Chu-Pi!-

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post

's because mike pollock is the english voice of dr. eggman. he's also voiced charon from team galactic as well
    Pokemon White rotational teams pokes in trainingWhite Fc: 4556 7172 3697 BP: 15

credit goes to luxraymaster for the awesome team pose

Your signature contained too many images and was too tall. Please read the signature rules before you update it again.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post

Same voice actor, Mike Pollock.

EDIT: Ninja'd
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

This was a decent episode. I felt the beginning was a bit slow, but it only picked up a bit when it came to Iris' and Drayden's battle.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

I didn't care for the battle, it was boring IMO until Dragonite and Druddigon were sent out.

So the main bulk of the episode was further explaining Iris' past and the more that is revealed, the more interesting Iris becomes. What I found the most intriguing was Iris' maturity, at a reasonably young age she made the decision to leave the academy. Most of us wouldn't have dreamed of doing that because of the repercussions which may have occured. However, when she is slightly older Iris seems to have lost a little maturity but this may have been because of the journey she has been on.

Finally, I would like to touch on Drayden and the battle. The battle was exciting albeit slightly short but I found Iris' move choices made sense. Drayden is a very reserved character and it runs true with the nature of his position in the academy. He shows no emotion because he cannot show bias towards his students and this is the best way to make hard but clear decisions and maintain his strict attitude.

Anyway, onto the next one!
    Loves every part of pokemon, loves the movies, the anime and every game, so you could call me fan lol.

Apparently i'm a...

Favourite Pokemon: but i like them all

Very nice episode showing off Iris's past, I can relate to her starting at a new school and trying to make friends. The battle between Iris and Drayden was very exciting not surprising Drayden in very tough and knows how to handle Dragon Pokemon weaknesses, but I still want to see an Ash vs. Drayden episode. Very good episode and Iris really looks cute in her school uniform.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

Quote Originally Posted by BurningSociety12345543210 View Post
    I didn't care for the battle, it was boring IMO until Dragonite and Druddigon were sent out.
    What you didn't like Chibi iris going to school?

This was an interesting episode. We learned more about Iris' past and also learned that Iris was going to eventually become the Opelucid City gym leader if she wanted to. The battle was okay. I give it a 6.5/10
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

Great episode. It was great to see more of Iris's backstory, and cleared up the reason why she didn't want to go there in the first place. The battle between Iris and Drayden was great, too. The Elder, Drayden, and Martha all knew Iris had trouble, but knew she had potential to meeting her goals.

Nice to see the flashbacks to Iris's past, and her experience with overworking her borrowed fraxure reminds me of how she work excadril until it became traumatized in a prior flashback. It makes a lot of sense now. Good gym battle too.

7/10
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) NEW!! 10/11 NEW!! 10/14 NEW!! 10/18 NEW!! 10/19 NEW!! 10/22
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

This was a good episode. I was disappointed Iris lost.

Default Drayden Versus Iris: Past, Present and Future!

After the events in the Village of Dragons, Iris and the others finally reached Opelucid City. It's really dumb when Iris climbed to the top of the radio tower like a little kid. It's weird when Ash and Cilan apologizing to Officer Jenny for Iris' mistake. It wasn't their fault to begin with....so why whould they apologize?

Iris explained why she's too nervous to face Drayden and we got her backstory. The defeat Iris had when using Fraxture.... didn't seem that bad as she's making it out to be.

The battle between Iris and Drayden wasn't as good as I was expecting. Exacdrill vs. Haxourus was rushed and it ended with a tie. Then there's Dragonite vs. Druddigon......well, after Iris caught Dragonite, it was shown as an overpowered Pokémon, but here Druddigon was even more overpowered. It's weird how it blocked Dragonite's Ice Beam, but after watching Dragonite taking strong Ice-type moves in the Junior cup.....it's didn't surprise me. Even though I didn't like the battle, I'm glad Drayden's Druddigon kicked Iris' Dragonite's butt. That overpowered Pokémon really annoyed me in the Junior Cup episodes.

Drayden offering Iris to become the Opelucid city gym leader wasn't satisfying. None of Iris' battles made her look like a gym leader, and this battle didn't do either. Oh well, at least it brought her one step closer to her goal of becoming a Dragon Master.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234