Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Music in Pokémon that does not feel fit

Quote Originally Posted by Plus side down side View Post
    Don't get me wrong; Heartgold and Soulsilver had really cool music. But Viridian City and Saffron City sounded like straight up elevator music, which is weird when Saffron is the biggest city in Kanto.
    They did in the originals too. Kanto wasn't meant to be taken super seriously in those versions, since Johto was the primary region they focused on.
    Under Construction

Quote Originally Posted by Plus side down side View Post
    Don't get me wrong; Heartgold and Soulsilver had really cool music. But Viridian City and Saffron City sounded like straight up elevator music, which is weird when Saffron is the biggest city in Kanto.
    A lot of city themes sound like elevator music. Azalea Town, Goldenrod City, Rustboro City, Evergrande City, Jubilife City, Hearthome City, Nacrene City, Castelia City, Lacunosa Town, and Virbank City all have a sort of "elevator music" feel to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

When you battle gym leaders and Alder it sounds terrible

Colress's theme (not the battle theme because that is awesome, the theme he gets when he shows up)
    It's just a little too up beat for me, I mean, the guy is clearly psychotic and fine with it, I think he could have a slightly more sinister theme then what he got.

.: 3DS FC: 0490-5034-9209 :.
    .: DeviantART :: Graphics Thread :: Art Thread :: Art Shop :.

Happy bike music in a supposed mysterious place. Absolutely.

tumblr | egc | pc

The Rivals in BW1 and Alders them ~_~ The Rivals was too childish and not really getting me excited to battle them so >: and Alders.. it just seemed like I was battling someone else instead of Champion.. like after him The Champion came next, but we all know he is >.> OMG D:
    3DS: 1779-0094-0137

Credit to Sworn Metalhead

Cheren's and Bianca's battle theme in B/W. Specifically more towards Cheren, they should have went for another cooler sounding theme for him.
    Another is Iris' theme, while it does suit the character, I found it unfitting for a Champion theme.

Quote Originally Posted by AwakeningLeafIcarus View Post
    The Rivals in BW1 and Alders them ~_~ The Rivals was too childish and not really getting me excited to battle them so >: and Alders.. it just seemed like I was battling someone else instead of Champion.. like after him The Champion came next, but we all know he is >.> OMG D:
    Both sound awesome. Alder's theme didn't need to sound ~badass~ as the others, because he wasn't the final boss of the game (Ghetsis was).
    Bianca and Cheren's theme fit totally the characters, unlike the previous rival themes.

Haters gonna hate.

Regarding Unova music, I think the Gym Leader battle theme is pretty bad compared to Sinnoh, Kanto and Johto one... Specially Sinnoh's theme, which I consider the best in the series.

The music in Pokemon is usually pretty good, I guess when the music doesn't change to fit the tone during tense events could be one.
    IGNORE ALL MY TRADE OFFERS.

I swear, if I come back and my inbox is full of PMs, there will be hell to pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyarlathotep View Post
    Regarding Unova music, I think the Gym Leader battle theme is pretty bad compared to Sinnoh, Kanto and Johto one... Specially Sinnoh's theme, which I consider the best in the series.
    Really? I think it's the best one yet. I'd rate them like this:

Unova > GSCHGSS Kanto > RBYFRLG Kanto > Johto > Sinnoh > Hoenn
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Arceus' battle theme. It does not seem fit to be the battle music of the God of Pokemon..

Quote Originally Posted by Rhys View Post
    The music in Pokemon is usually pretty good, I guess when the music doesn't change to fit the tone during tense events could be one.
    I agree, I think sometimes it just comes down to laziness, instead of adding different music in some situations they just hope the background music will pass.
    Also I was upset that Colress, when you battle him the first few times, got just a regular battle theme and not his battle theme.

.: 3DS FC: 0490-5034-9209 :.
    .: DeviantART :: Graphics Thread :: Art Thread :: Art Shop :.

Marlon's Gym.

'Nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Blockhead View Post
    Marlon's Gym.

'Nuff said.
    If you picked Snivy or caught Mareep and kept it in your party till that point, the theme fits, cuz that gym is easy with either of them on your party.
    Welcome to the dungeon, little girl. We've got fun and games.

Forgot to mention before, but a lot of the music in FRLG didn't seem to fit - some of those remixes (the Trainer battle theme comes to mind) went way overboard. The only piece I really liked from those games that I can remember was the S.S. Anne's theme, because I'm a sucker for anything in the key of Db Major. XD

Oh, and Sinnoh's Trainer battle theme annoyed the heck out of me. It starts off fine, but towards the end of the tune... really, six bars of the same five notes, followed by another six bars of those five notes, only an octave higher? Come on, you'd think they could have come up with something that wasn't so repetitive.

Friend Safari - Bug with Butterfree/Volbeat/Vivillon - PM me for my FC!
        Spoiler:- Shiny hunting stuff:

Marlon's Gym.

'Nuff said.
    I really don't get all the hate for Marlon's Gym... It's nice and relaxing, like the type and gym themselves. Drayden's Gym, on the other hand, went totally overboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Penguin View Post
    Forgot to mention before, but a lot of the music in FRLG didn't seem to fit - some of those remixes (the Trainer battle theme comes to mind) went way overboard. The only piece I really liked from those games that I can remember was the S.S. Anne's theme, because I'm a sucker for anything in the key of Db Major. XD
    I also didn't like the change in tone for most of the FRLG music.

Quote Originally Posted by AwakeningLeafIcarus View Post
    yep.
    and i disliked the gym theme...i thought i could have been better.
    #AlphaSapphire
    I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses.
    If you have a question about my religion, or wish to discuss my religion, the Bible, or anything related to this topic, feel free to PM or VM me, take a look at the information in my profile or visit our official website.

Speaking of FRLG, the victory road music was the generic mountain music, not the intimidating music we've come to expect.nother ones that just seem off to me include: Undella Town (except Summer), the Hoenn biking theme, and I think the route 209 theme near Pastoria City.

Thank you based Turpoo

Quote Originally Posted by ansem the wise View Post
    yep.
    and i disliked the gym theme...i thought i could have been better.
    Why do people not like the Unova Gym theme? That's one of the best themes in the game, and much better than many of the other gym themes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Why do people not like the Unova Gym theme? That's one of the best themes in the game, and much better than many of the other gym themes.
    You're not alone there. I totally love the Unova gym theme. It seems to me that it strikes a balance of intensity you should feel when fighting a gym leader.

Now one that doesn't seem to fit in my opinion is Shoal Cave in Hoenn. It has a nearly ominous tone, which fits in other places like Mt. Pyre, but in a cave that's known for simply changing tides and catching Spheal, the theme doesn't seem to fit.
    AC Dream Address: 4300 2225 3013 // Secret Base Teams // Most Recent Shiny: Reshiram and Palkia

Quote Originally Posted by Flame Mistress View Post
    I really don't get all the hate for Marlon's Gym... It's nice and relaxing, like the type and gym themselves. Drayden's Gym, on the other hand, went totally overboard.
    I never said I hated it, but I agree that it doesn't fit for a final gym.

I've almost allways believed that all of themes fit in someway shape or form...So its hard and maybe impossible for me to really think of one that didn't fit. lol
    About sinnoh... Ever notice that besides route 209 and rowan's lab theme...most route theme's were Jazz like (even the game corner)? I originally didn't care for most of sinnoh's route themes... then i acutually sat down for more then two seconds after the gen switch and found out I really missed the peaceful yet happy feeling most of them tended to give me. D:

I like ALL of the gym battle themes (they are all fun to listen to, and they're NOT not catchy)...but I beleive sinnoh's was the worst, followed by Unova. (Unova only wins cause of that DAMN final pokemon music. Thats still awesome.), then kanto's, then hoenn's, then johto's is my first favorite. but that's all remixed up when it comes to the remixs. HGSS's johto gym battle theme was my fav, and still kinda is, but the orginal in 8 bit never appealed to me...lol I'd put the 8 bit original version of the johto gym theme WAAAAAAAAY in the back. lol

Alder's is the only champion theme that was sort of meh to me. lol I just... didn't like it. I mean, its not bad to listen to...but Gary's felt like he thought he was the best of the best, Lance's/Red was also pretty epic in it's own right, Hoenn had that AMAZING drum line which I can never enjoy unless I'm wearing headphones, All of cynthia's versions are really cool. the first two being mystic...and the world tournament one having that guitar replacing some strings or something...GOD I love that guitar...<3...
    Even Iris's has a good feel to it...and I liked the change to be honest...Alder's theme just kinda died on me. Which is funny considering he's one of my favorite characters D:...(I will totally end up being like him when i'm older. XD)
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

Pokemon XD/Colossuem have a few instances of this, imo. For the most part music fits (The Under, Agate, Miror B's, etc), but then you have the likes of the Shadow Lab in both games, which is a location where pokemon is made into shadow Pokemon (implied to be via torture). The music? Upbeat as all heck with its piano solo! A good song imo, just... not right for the location.

And then XD wild Pokemon battles has something more fitting of an old wild west film scene or something than a wild Pokemon battle theme. =/ Again not a bad tune, but it feels weird.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

The BBS Forums! Join in!

Tied to this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors - check it out!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut?
    Current Article: From RSE to ORAS - what has improved? We look at aspects that changed for better or worse.
    Previous Article: Dude, where's my Game Corner? Learn why you can't gamble in ORAS. =(
    Avatar: minty-fivestar on DA, edited background/cropping. Fic banner: cieux.

Marlon's Gym.
    I know, right? Ain't no one got time for that mess.

I don't like Burgh's Gym's theme either. I listened to it many times hoping that it would finally click with me, but it seems so out of place since I've always thought of Burgh as this really artsy kind of guy who's all over the place because his brain is brimming with ideas, yet his Gym's theme in B2/W2 was just boring to be quite honest. It doesn't suit Burgh.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast