Thread: Your Pokemon is paralyzed! It can't move!

Default Your Pokemon is paralyzed! It can't move!

I based this team off of Jirachi. I thought of the ParaFlinch set it has been running for generations and thought of a partner for it to hit those Pokemon immune to Body Slam. That Pokemon was Dragonite, who has great synergy with Rachi.

Dragonite is a great Parashuffler, however, it needs hazards to operate properly. I decided to run the usual route and use Ferrothorn to lay these hazards. Then, who compliments Ferrothorn better than Jelicent, who also functions as a spinblocker.

Now I wanted more offensive presence as well as a way to beat the usual spinners besides the unreliable spinblocking. I decided on ScarfStarmie with Trick to beat the usual spinners.

Now the team needs something to destroy huge offensive presences that threaten the team. I have tried SD Breloom, but even with great defensive typing, it has lackluster defensive stats. So I went with Choice Band Breloom.

@ Leftovers
    Trait: Multiscale
    EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 Def
    Careful Nature
    - Substitute
    - Roost
    - Dragon Tail
    - Thunder Wave

The main paralyzer. Great defensive stats, defensive ability, and a great support movepool. SubRoost has great stalling as well as turn Dragonite into an wonderful Multiscale abuser. Dragon Tail takes care of Taunt as well as phase. Thunder Wave paralyzes most of the team. But yeah, Cloyster hurts. But I got enough team members who wall it.

@ Leftovers
    Trait: Serene Grace
    EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spd
    Jolly Nature
    - Substitute
    - Body Slam
    - Iron Head
    - Fire Punch

The center of the team. Rachi. Haxes out paralyzed opponents with Iron Head. Substitute is great with stalling out opponents for that full paralysis to take over. Fire Punch is great to hit everything that resists the other 2 attacks. Chandelure, Jellicent, and Heatran are the only OU viable Pokemon that resist this combo.

@ Leftovers
    Trait: Iron Barbs
    EVs: 88 Def / 252 HP / 168 SDef
    Relaxed Nature
    IVs: 0 Spd
    - Leech Seed
    - Spikes
    - Stealth Rock
    - Gyro Ball

The hazard setter. Great defensive typing. Gyro Ball has amazing power for it. Ferrothorn is actually tied for the slowest fully evolved Pokemon with Escavalier. The hazards it sets helps Dragonite shuffle easier and it is a great physical wall to complement both Jellicent and my specially defensive Dragonite. Leech Seed is a standard for extra healing and is commonly used when a switch is expected to force even more switches.

@ Leftovers
    Trait: Water Absorb
    EVs: 216 Def / 248 HP / 40 Spd
    Bold Nature
    - Scald
    - Toxic
    - Recover
    - Ice Beam

Part Dos of my secondary core. It spinblocks for the team and takes Fire moves aimed at Ferrothorn and Jirachi. Takes Fighting moves aimed Ferrothorn and can even take Ice moves aimed at Jellicent. Scald is a great STAB move for Jellicent. It burns opponents and complements Jelli's great Special Defense and low defense stats. Those who are immune to burns are hit super-effectively by the attack. Ice Beam hits troublesome offensive dragons. Taunt had little use in this team.

@ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
    Timid Nature
    - Psyshock
    - Thunderbolt
    - Trick
    - Hydro Pump

My anti-spinner Pokemon. Let's take a look at the only spinners in OU: Cloyster, Starmie, Tentacruel, Forretress, and Donphan. Cloyster is always running the Shell Smash set but is destroyed by Thunderbolt anyway. Starmie is outspeed and hit with Thunderbolt. Tentacruel causes the most problems of all. Psyshock hits the lower defensive stat. If I suspect a Bold set, Thunderbolt hits hard. Forretress is hit hard by both Hydro Pump and Thunderbolt. Donphan is hit by Hydro Pump. Trick incapacitates all of these except for problems caused by once again..........Tentacruel. Black Sludge is annoying. Ice Beam was originally over Psyshock, but Tentacruel walled it too much.

@ Choice Band
    Trait: Technician
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
    Adamant Nature
    - Bullet Seed
    - Mach Punch
    - Stone Edge
    - Low Sweep

Breloom has bad defensive stats. Choice Band set is great for it. Bullet Seed and Mach Punch are great options for STAB moves. Low Sweep is a clean up move for slower opponents. Stone Edge hits those annoying Gengars on the switch. It provides a lot of offensive presence and revenge kills offensive threats to the team.
    Last edited by jeffdavid102; 8th November 2012 at 7:17 PM.

252 +6 Atk Choice Band Pure Power Victini (+Atk)Critical V-create vs 0 HP/0 -6 Def Dry Skin Paras (-Def) : 103470436.36% - 121729963.64% (Guaranteed OHKO)

You Don't Say? I had no idea that a Choice Band Adamant Victini with maximum attack EVs and IVs that was baton passed +6 in attack and Skill Swapped Pure Power OHKO's Hasty Dry Skin Lvl 1 Paras with no defense EVs or IVs and -6 in defense under sun with a critical hit V-Create.

You need to be careful facing offensive Slowbro with Ice Beam and Flamethrower. Scarf Genesect with U-turn, Flamethrower, Ice Beam and Thunderbolt is another major threat unless you can get paralysis on it. Jellicent covers well against the Slowbro though, unless of course it carries Toxic.

And Technician Breloom is illegal.

I'll give a full rate later, but that's what I can think of off of the top of my head.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss
    This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Warrior Scolipede
    Originally posted by razorrozar7
    Jesus said, "Love thy neighbor." He didn't say, "Love thy neighbor as long as they are straight, white, Christian, morally responsible individuals."
    Officially claimed Aht from Radiant Historia.

Grammar: It's the difference between knowing your sh*t, and knowing you're sh*t.

Quote Originally Posted by Moog2 View Post
    You need to be careful facing offensive Slowbro with Ice Beam and Flamethrower. Scarf Genesect with U-turn, Flamethrower, Ice Beam and Thunderbolt is another major threat unless you can get paralysis on it. Jellicent covers well against the Slowbro though, unless of course it carries Toxic.

And Technician Breloom is illegal.

I'll give a full rate later, but that's what I can think of off of the top of my head.
    I will think about that, but TechniLoom has not been banned. It was released in BW2.

252 +6 Atk Choice Band Pure Power Victini (+Atk)Critical V-create vs 0 HP/0 -6 Def Dry Skin Paras (-Def) : 103470436.36% - 121729963.64% (Guaranteed OHKO)

You Don't Say? I had no idea that a Choice Band Adamant Victini with maximum attack EVs and IVs that was baton passed +6 in attack and Skill Swapped Pure Power OHKO's Hasty Dry Skin Lvl 1 Paras with no defense EVs or IVs and -6 in defense under sun with a critical hit V-Create.

TechniLoom is a Hidden Grotto pokemon

rock polish genesect is the biggest threat to your team, OHKOing everyone if dntes multi scale is broken, rival technilooms hurt this team, as well as garchomp and terrakion

RP Genesect takes a dent of damage from Breloom and many run enough speed to pass Scarf Terrakion after a RP. Starmie has outsped many with a speed stat of 541 after the scarf. Modest Genesect with max speed after RP is at 594. Scarf Terrakion sits at 519, so I think most players run 260 speed on Gene and dump the rest into HP. But otherwise, yeah, RP Genesect really hurts a lot. I just hope it doesn't get a SpAtk boost

Any ideas on how to change that?

Quote Originally Posted by jeffdavid102 View Post
    RP Genesect takes a dent of damage from Breloom and many run enough speed to pass Scarf Terrakion after a RP. Starmie has outsped many with a speed stat of 541 after the scarf. Modest Genesect with max speed after RP is at 594. Scarf Terrakion sits at 519, so I think most players run 260 speed on Gene and dump the rest into HP. But otherwise, yeah, RP Genesect really hurts a lot. I just hope it doesn't get a SpAtk boost

Any ideas on how to change that?

That's a bit off man, Rock Polish Loses it's point without max speed investment due to it's inability to counter +100 scarfers and Dragon Dancers due to it's rage inducing base 99 speed.
    Even without Download boost it will wreak major havok all over the place... and unless you have breloom waiting for Genesect it'll always ohko it it with ice beam without exception... boosted or not...
    The best yo can do is dent him a bit with a Techniloom Mach Punch as a parting gift.

To reliably check Genesect I suggest changing Jirachi into a Physical Choice Scarf-Trick Variant as it will survive any of gene's attack in most cases and reliably OHKO with fire Punch, Though You'll have to be careful when it gets a rock polish in. It is even great for Crippling Stallers Hazarders and set-up sweepers with trick Dragonite will thank you. And you already have a STAB Iron head for them hax. Plus it's always fun killing that Random Salamence with that fast Ice Punch and forcing a ragequit. :P

Jirachi@Choice Scarf
    Ability: Serene Grace
    252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Iron Head
    Fire Punch
    Ice Punch/ThunderPunch/U-Turn
    Trick.

Slot 3 depends on basically what gives you most trouble...
    Dragons?/Brelooms?/ Ground types?/ Sun teams? (venasaur/dugtrio)? Ice Punch
    Crap like Gyarados and Tornadus? Thunder Punch
    Reliable Escape? U-Turn
    Last edited by Soul_Fly; 9th November 2012 at 6:56 PM.

First off, that's not off. The speed investment I said outspeeds Scarf Terrakion after a RP, who is A BASE 108 SPEED POKEMON! So it still outspeeds base 100s.

I have seen ScarfRachi used really well many times and it does work well, so I will consider it. But Salamence is also a base 100, so Jirachi speed ties with it. Of course it is fun to outspeed and kill a Salamence, but you really have to look out for a Fire Blast or Earthquake.

well if your trying for a team to just parahax everything i suggest carrying water pulse on your jirachi too. when a pokemon paralyzed and confused it gets frustrating its either going to punch itself in the face or be paralyzed most of the time.
    Shinies:
    Chandelure-4 and a half hour search in celestial tower.
    Zigzagoon-Most random encounter... i was looking for a normal wingull/swellow and sort of stumbled upon it
    Psyduck-Sort of just training a venesaur against some golduck and a pretty blue psyduck came along (Now a Golduck)
    Ekans-1 hour After a blue psyduck i was walking from vermilion city to lavender town and stumbled into the grass (purely by accident) and found a nice golden ekans. (Now an Arbok)
    Gyarados- yes... the shiny everyone has.
    Volbeat- Another one i sort of stumbled on... training a snorlax above the resort area
    Vileplume-Traded from the GTS.
    Soul Silver Team:
    B/W Team