Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Comic Book Thread

I have to admit, when DC came out and said they were re-vamping their universe, I was excited. Call it what you want, reboot, re-vamp, brand new universe whatever, it's all the same. They had aimed to take away a significant market share from Marvel and they have succeeded in doing so.
    To be honest though, a year and a half in, specifically from a continuity perspective I am not sure if they have succeeded in that aspect. If I worked them, I would have set out a universe bible that dictated exactly what did and didn't happen, give to all of the writers scheduled to write the first story arc, and the bible would be passed on from then. It has been pretty confusing in some regards, but very fluid in others, at least in my mind.

To be honest though, I really don't see how any one can follow Marvel nowadays. Seems like every six months they are pushing out another reboot, re-numbering the issues, multiple issue crossovers and all that can get incredibly confusing. Hickman's runs on Fantastic Four, Secret Warriors and the Dan Slott run on Spider Man are about the only things of merit in my mind.
    PSN: DCCBruceWayneSAS
    3DS Friend Code: 5129-0459-2616

What's everyone's opinion on Otto-Spidey? I have one friend who LOATHES it, and another who thinks it is a good arc. I'm torn... I kind of hate the idea, but at least it's a change-up (which hopefully won't last extremely long).

Isn't it wild there are two active Spider-Man (616 and Ultimate) and NEITHER of them is Peter Parker?

Sid87's Gen 6 Igloo Shop!

FC: 3823-9867-2750

Quote Originally Posted by Sid87 View Post
    What's everyone's opinion on Otto-Spidey? I have one friend who LOATHES it, and another who thinks it is a good arc. I'm torn... I kind of hate the idea, but at least it's a change-up (which hopefully won't last extremely long).

Isn't it wild there are two active Spider-Man (616 and Ultimate) and NEITHER of them is Peter Parker?
    The times, they are a changin'.

Admittedly, I don't know how to feel about. Mostly because I've only recently started to really read comic books XD
    However, I've gotten the same mixed reactions from friends on Octavius as Spidey, though most of them really like Miles filling Parker's shoes...
    Regardless, I'm certainly interested in the whole debacle.
    My Author Profile[/Center]

Pokemon Y Friend Safari: Type is Ghost, Pokemon are Shuppet, Pumpkaboo and Spiritomb.
    3DS FC: 3566-1718-0207

Quote Originally Posted by Sid87 View Post

Spidey's has always been my favourite superhero and I am bumbed about this. No less, Venom has entertained me so much so far and how I've been hooked to Flash Thompson, I don't think I'll mind Doc Ock in Parker's body in the long run.

Speaking of Octavious, last time I checked his appearance in the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon looks aged and disgusting. I have a feeling that if they do kill off Parker it might be through Octavious' doing.

Other than that, can't wait for the Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon to end and eventually Avengers Assemble (which is also directed by Man of Action) once it starts airing. Hulk: Agents of S.M.A.S.H. worries me a tad but seing Paul Dini as the writer makes me breathe a sigh of relief.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12