Thread: My friend told me something weird...

Default My friend told me something weird...

she told me that there is a glitch in gen 3 that i can make pokemon be shiny and have good ivs called the r and g code, but i googled it and i couldnt find anything. Do you guys know what she was talking about?
    One does not simply walk into Sootopolis

Ummmmm.....Is it Sinnoh confirmed now?

I think, no offence, that you were typing in the wrong thing. It is the RNG- the Random Number Generator. Though I don't know how to use it, the RNG is the number that is created every battle that determines whether a Pokemon will be shiny or not. Many shiny hunters and competitive battlers like to manipulate it to get good Pokemon.
    This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Earth Wolf-Howl (formerly Warrior Scolipede)

FC: 2707-2741-9594
    Friend Safari: Sunkern, Sawsbuck, Maractus

I have claimed Pyroar!

Mind you, that's not a glitch, it's how the games run (as do various other games, such as say Fire Emblem, etc). To manipulate it involves using external programs usually to get at some specific numbers or the such, but besides that it's not a glitch, just manipulating the games in such a way to get what you want.

Anyways that's the gist, so going to close. Try the questions/help thread sticky next time please.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

Other Fics
    Unfortunately Blue | Notice: Keep Out | Turnabout Assumptions
    Song Parodies | Snapshots | Fairy Tale (new!)

Check out this Pokemon Magazine! Looking for contributors!
    Why should you? Well, Wynaut? Check the forums too!
    Current article: From RSE to ORAS - Top Ten Wanted Improvements!
    Avatar by minty-fivestar on DA, with edited background/cropping. Fic banner by cieux.