Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Near Death Experiences

Default Near Death Experiences

In volume 4 of Special's DPPt arc, Platinum actually has a near death experience when she sinks in the Great Marsh's bog before being rescued by Chimler. It made me realize how everyone in this series seems to brush off death as if it was nothing. No real trauma or whatever. I wouldn't be surprised if they did that whole "walking away from the explosion and not turning back" thing. What's up with that?

You got that right! The Legend of Korra is returning on October 3rd! Mark your calendars!

Well, when you set out on a journey with creatures whose powers range from shooting fireballs to summoning meteors, you kind of expect their to be some danger involved...

This is Turtwig. He was the most under-appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

Yes, as Pokemon are dangerous and there are always risks posed to a trainer, I'm sure in any Pokemon universe humanity as a whole is slightly more desensitized to the possibility of injury or death.

Also, adrenaline can override any sense of reason. It's possible that Platinum never stopped to think "Wow, I almost died!" or maybe she did and we never see it. A Near-Death Experience and the emotional fallout can provide a chance to expand (or even change) a character's personality, and having Platinum go through that would have been interesting.
    First Sequence
    Boots bitten: 4

And let's not forget when Red was frozen. Though that might not count.

Silver is near to death in almost all of his appearances Lol , like in the new volume, Arceus attack hit Silver and Morty pretty hard
    Hi! I'm Mexican, and I'm trying to learn more English, so if you found a mistake in my post, tell me! I want to be better!

Quote Originally Posted by Flintoff Cypress View Post
    Yes, as Pokemon are dangerous and there are always risks posed to a trainer, I'm sure in any Pokemon universe humanity as a whole is slightly more desensitized to the possibility of injury or death.
    Except for the anime, where nothing will happen to you even when you are sent flying for miles. xD

In the GSC-arc, there was also the thing with Gold and Silver only kept alive by Entei's flames after their battle against the red Gyarados at the Lake of Rage. Near death experiences seem to be something very "normal" in the Adventures-universe. Well, of course some emotinal reaction from a character after a near death experience would be very interesting, but I guess there's just not enough space for things like that. After all, Adventures has to follow the storyline of the games and an emotional fallout would just put the pace to a pause.
    Sorry for my bad English...

Ruby got clawed in the head by a Salamance, and nearly drowned.

Sapphire and Flannery were seconds away from drowning before Sapphire let our water in the cable car.

Green would have died by Koga's Golbat's attack if it wasn't for his pendant.

Red was electrocuted by who knows how many times by Surge, and nearly left for dead on multiple occasions, also being frozen in ice for a while.

Gold and Silver were barely kept alive after the red Gyarados, as someone mentioned.

Crystal fell from the upper part of the bell tower and was barely caught by her Hitmonchan.

Platinum drowning in mud in the Great Marsh, as well as almost freezing to death en route to Snowpoint.

Koga was almost crushed by falling stones before getting help from Bruno.

Marge/Courtney, Norman and Steven died, but were brought back to life by Celebi.

Wallace was thrown around like a rag doll by Archie's Tentacruel.

Winona was almost crushed to death by the same tentacruel.

Wattson would have drowned if Sapphire's Wailord hadn't fished him up.

Amber and Tabitha almost drowned in the submarine.

A bunch of gym leaders and Green might have died if Red didn't stop the Magnet Train.

And there's probably more but that's all I can think of off the top of my head.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

Quote Originally Posted by DarkRecon View Post
    Ruby got clawed in the head by a Salamance, and nearly drowned.

Sapphire and Flannery were seconds away from drowning before Sapphire let our water in the cable car.

Green would have died by Koga's Golbat's attack if it wasn't for his pendant.

Red was electrocuted by who knows how many times by Surge, and nearly left for dead on multiple occasions, also being frozen in ice for a while.

Gold and Silver were barely kept alive after the red Gyarados, as someone mentioned.

Crystal fell from the upper part of the bell tower and was barely caught by her Hitmonchan.

Platinum drowning in mud in the Great Marsh, as well as almost freezing to death en route to Snowpoint.

Koga was almost crushed by falling stones before getting help from Bruno.

Marge/Courtney, Norman and Steven died, but were brought back to life by Celebi.

Wallace was thrown around like a rag doll by Archie's Tentacruel.

Winona was almost crushed to death by the same tentacruel.

Wattson would have drowned if Sapphire's Wailord hadn't fished him up.

Amber and Tabitha almost drowned in the submarine.

A bunch of gym leaders and Green might have died if Red didn't stop the Magnet Train.

And there's probably more but that's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Courtney is almost burned to death by Ruby lol

Ruby and Norman almost both death fell to the stone cone from a height.

White fortunate to fall from Ferris wheel is only concussion.

And Gold and Silver is very exaggerated just rely Entei's flame to maintain life three-week unconscious, a week is more reasonable lol

Oh and let's not forget how Archie murdered Maxie in cold blood to obtain the Guile Hideout armour
    Last edited by gamer_legend; 18th November 2012 at 9:37 PM. Reason: Spoiler tags don't work on here.
    - My Sig was too Tall, so a Mod fixed it -

Quote Originally Posted by gamer_legend View Post
    Oh and let's not forget how Archie murdered Maxie in cold blood to obtain the Guile Hideout armour
    Well that was an actual death, we're talking near-death, slightly different.
        Spoiler:- Want my Friend Code?:

Quote Originally Posted by DarkRecon View Post
    Well that was an actual death, we're talking near-death, slightly different.
    I think he meant they have the mood will die the moment, then they fight begins...... (I guess)

I'm surprised Silver and Giovanni nearly burning alive and Red almost dying from a crashing airship haven't been mentioned yet.

Also, would the Dexholders being petrified count as a near-death experience? I mean, just imagine what would've happened to them if their statues broke as they stayed like that. Brrr...

Also, would the Dexholders being petrified count as a near-death experience? I mean, just imagine what would've happened to them if their statues broke as they stayed like that. Brrr...
    Even worse: They were conscious and aware* while petrified. I can't even imagine what THAT would feel like.

* = At least Silver was. It's vague on whether or not the other four were.
    First Sequence
    Boots bitten: 4

Even worse: They were conscious and aware* while petrified. I can't even imagine what THAT would feel like.

I can say that, for being petrified for so long, they my might have gotten over it after sitting there for thinking about "Oh no! I'm petrified! And stuck here...For a long...time......What now?Well I'm petrified......"

IE, The surprise and scaredness of being petrified may have died down after a while. xD
    When refering to learning..."In other words, groups are not where ideas are born. Groups are where ideas are evaluated."
    My eyes! (my eyes!) are filled with curiosity! You think! (You think!) that you have power over me! In this life! (This life!) There’s no room for you and me! So turn around and face the day with me!
    Such a sexy song. Urgh.

I think this is probably similar to person was unconscious but able to feel bedside cries him.

Oh jeez, I forgot about that! Yikes, talk about horrifying....

As for the other four, I'm pretty sure Yellow can be an exception to this, since she was asleep and all. Red was clueless too, so he's out. Green and Blue were too focused on Guile and the rampaging Pokemon to bring it up...so yea. Let's just hope they were lucky and not conscious during all that so I can sleep easier at night.

Poor Silver though. I don't know what I should feel sorry for; his statue breaking, or him going through 2 months as a lifeless observer thinking that he would stay like that forever if not for Prof. Oak knowing about Jirachi. Crap, it's like standing between a rock and a hard place. Either way, you're screwed.
    Last edited by Kimchu; 19th November 2012 at 9:20 PM.

It's not a real near death experience but Lance vs Yellow comes to mind. That poor girl probably saw the angel of death at least three times in that battle with how overly powered Lance's Dragons were and he could heal them as well. Only through plot armor did Yellow make it out of that fight alive. That's one example of plot armor Ill take.
    Parena or Serecham both equal Serena+Pancham!

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    It's not a real near death experience but Lance vs Yellow comes to mind. That poor girl probably saw the angel of death at least three times in that battle with how overly powered Lance's Dragons were and he could heal them as well. Only through plot armor did Yellow make it out of that fight alive. That's one example of plot armor Ill take.
    Don't forget the Lava she could've fallen in.

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    Don't forget the Lava she could've fallen in.
    Oh I didn't. That was one of those deaths she could of had in the battle.

My personal favourite near death experience was probably when Carr after killing his co-pilot attempted to blow up the airship killing everyone in it using Forettress.
    - My Sig was too Tall, so a Mod fixed it -

Red could've been a Victribel's feast in the Safari Zone in a matter of seconds and Crystal could've been suffocated by Ditto... My god, Hidenori Kusaka's pretty sadistic when you think about it.

Lol death by Ditto. It just wanted to give her a hug with it's entire rubbery body. I wonder if that's how Ditto's breed XD

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    I wonder if that's how Ditto's breed XD
    Ugh, I don't want to find out.

Quote Originally Posted by matt0044 View Post
    Ugh, I don't want to find out.
    Me neither.

Green (Guy) could have easily died by Dream Eater if he hadn't been able to communicate psychicly with Golduck or whatever he did........
    "It's not who I am inside, but what I do that defines me."- Batman. Started by GreatGonzales

Or in FRLG arc when Red told Mewtwo to attack Deoxys while it was holding Red. That really was a suicide move of Red if Mewtwo had hit him too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast