Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Awakening Signatures/Banners

Default Awakening Signatures/Banners

Well, Hello ^_^ i have been doing this not for long so this might be beginners XD I feel like I am improving, but I have yet to see awesomeness from moi :P

I wanted to show off the banners I have done ever since I started trying out digital art. so here it will be :3 I will be updating this when I finish a few :P

Spoiler:- Pokemon Banners:

Spoiler:- ExBan Pokemon non Pokemon:

Spoiler:- Non-Pokemon Banners:

I will post more when I has time.. and improve XP
    Last edited by Archangel Armada; 20th December 2012 at 7:24 AM.
    3DS: 1779-0094-0137

Credit to Sworn Metalhead

Really good, Leaf! Keep it up!
    Nintendo Network ID: MetalVictini

yeah you doing awesome those banners are so epic!!!

banner made by Lucina Archealis (I don't think I spelt that right OTL)
    ^U^ I LOVE Crona from soul eater!
    owner of the silver fan club
    VM me and such if you wanna play some SSBB! im always up for a challange!

I love them Leaf!

Quote Originally Posted by Ghirahim
    You have awoken an anguish that will burn for eons...

Quote Originally Posted by MetalVictini View Post
    Really good, Leaf! Keep it up!
    Quote Originally Posted by colorless-winter View Post
    yeah you doing awesome those banners are so epic!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by SapphireBlueEyes7799 View Post
    I love them Leaf!
    Yay thank youz :P

New one XP

nice job awakning...keep up the good work sweetie with your banners...prinicess zelda one is not that bad...

Quote Originally Posted by Eeveelover824 View Post
    nice job awakning...keep up the good work sweetie with your banners...prinicess zelda one is not that bad...
    Thanks ^_^ It was actually supposed to be animated, but I can't work on frames and such yet <.> so.. I just left one of those things for background XP ^_^

New ones from a few days ago <.> or week >.>

Nice, very nice!

Keep practicing, get better, you could start animating....

They're not bad, but the text is plain and solid and that makes it seem as if you made them on Paint (I know you didn't). Try adding effects to them. Gradients, outlines, glows, etc.

This is a glow.

This is an outline.

This is outlined text with a shine effect.

Look up tutorials online for glows; that's what I did when I started making text.

Quote Originally Posted by PikaPika677 View Post
    They're not bad, but the text is plain and solid and that makes it seem as if you made them on Paint (I know you didn't). Try adding effects to them. Gradients, outlines, glows, etc.

This is a glow.

This is an outline.

This is outlined text with a shine effect.

Look up tutorials online for glows; that's what I did when I started making text.
    I did do it on paint >.> Naw I am kidding XP

Well I will try to do that. Definitely! ^_^ and those look awesome!

for the glow,outline, and outline with gradient you can do with gimp and photoshop....depending on your version of photoshop you have filters,effects, and layer styles to do this stuff...if gimp im not sure where its located but its possible to do it there too...my version of photoshop doesn't have much so i can't do some gradient text, and etc...hope that helps...its not just paint that can do it...

Did you use photoshop or gimp? It would look better if you could make the glow and the colours of the banners fit together right now it looks so weird.
    Also try not to use reality against 2D it would look very weird too unless you are skilled enough to make them blend together. Also instead of dumping images inside it would be better if you put some brushes designs on it and photoshop brushes can be found all around the web.

♥ Neko Hanekawa ♥

Banner & Userbar done by me =D

i do agree it the brushes and stuff for a cool background effect but i see no problem for him right now...he still learning right now how to use gimp but later he needs to download some more brushes from the site which are located on the main site to get better...for the glow effect its just the matter of rendering and the brightness and contrast of the level of the banner...i do agree it looks a bit strange but im sure with more practice he will get there...

Quote Originally Posted by Blackacer View Post
    Did you use photoshop or gimp? It would look better if you could make the glow and the colours of the banners fit together right now it looks so weird.
    Also try not to use reality against 2D it would look very weird too unless you are skilled enough to make them blend together. Also instead of dumping images inside it would be better if you put some brushes designs on it and photoshop brushes can be found all around the web.
    Naw I use gimp <.> I am still a bit new at it XP but eh. And yes I did look for brushes and found a few. I haven't used them yet though <.>' Probably soon though ^_^ and I will try to not over use images.. dump <.> Xp

i do agree it the brushes and stuff for a cool background effect but i see no problem for him right now...he still learning right now how to use gimp but later he needs to download some more brushes from the site which are located on the main site to get better...for the glow effect its just the matter of rendering and the brightness and contrast of the level of the banner...i do agree it looks a bit strange but im sure with more practice he will get there...
    Okie well I tried making what you guys recommended and so I made a quick banner and tried finding the commands that change the logo wording <.> (So new XD) Anyways, I did found them yay and tried using one I guess found likable <.> >.>

So this is another one <.> an experiment of sorts with the wording. <.>

I guess you can judge the wording, Its.. neon glow <.>

Quote Originally Posted by AwakeningLeafIcarus View Post
    Naw I use gimp <.> I am still a bit new at it XP but eh. And yes I did look for brushes and found a few. I haven't used them yet though <.>' Probably soon though ^_^ and I will try to not over use images.. dump <.> Xp

Okie well I tried making what you guys recommended and so I made a quick banner and tried finding the commands that change the logo wording <.> (So new XD) Anyways, I did found them yay and tried using one I guess found likable <.> >.>

the text is getting better as well as the banner is getting crisper but still the rendering and the bottom of the banner looks a bit strange with that gaint glow at the bottom of the banner...try giving more of a background effect as well with brushes to the banner...right now the black is way too plain for the banner....hope that helps...i see black butler...i know someone that likes that anime...

the text is getting better as well as the banner is getting crisper but still the rendering and the bottom of the banner looks a bit strange with that gaint glow at the bottom of the banner...try giving more of a background effect as well with brushes to the banner...right now the black is way too plain for the banner....hope that helps...i see black butler...i know someone that likes that anime...
    I am re-watching it actually XP ^_^

Well that giant glow is actually the gradient.. <.> I guess I need a bit of better manipulation with it >.< the whole back ground is just one gradient so i will see if I can experiment with that next for a while. ^_^

really? i see, well you need to try making the gradient more colorful and blend better..not just black and red i think it is? but anyway try getting a light and contrast through the gradient to make it look more as a gradient...for example this banner....i used a rainbow gradient to make it look more art like like a rainbow...sometimes you need to make custom gradients to make them look better...the ones on gimp are so generic and boring...you need to make gradients to make the banners look more colorful...sometimes you need to gradient map overlays to make it look better as well but thats a different story

were just focusing on the banners gradient not the banner itself for now as the start so you can see how rendering is started...as you can see you can see all the colors...megenta,yellow,cyan, and etc...through the images...i hope that make sense...im a bit sleep since its late...so if i said something wrong sorry....

also another way to making a render is using brushes try taking a middle color then making it light on one side and the other side darker...its hard to explain try watching a youtube video on gimp to help you out...i watched a few and helped me out alot how to make smudge banners but of course how old my photoshop is i didn't have all the functions :/ and on top of it im a horrible explainer XD one tip though you don't always use gradients in banners...sometimes brushes are the way to go...depending on the type of banner...try working on the background stuff first before going into rendering and etc...

edit: also the first sentence sorry it sounded to me kinda mean...i wasn't trying too...hope you don't take it the wrong way...
    Last edited by FairyWitch; 14th November 2012 at 6:41 AM.

really? i see, well you need to try making the gradient more colorful and blend better..not just black and red i think it is? but anyway try getting a light and contrast through the gradient to make it look more as a gradient...for example this banner....i used a rainbow gradient to make it look more art like like a rainbow...sometimes you need to make custom gradients to make them look better...the ones on gimp are so generic and boring...you need to make gradients to make the banners look more colorful...sometimes you need to gradient map overlays to make it look better as well but thats a different story

were just focusing on the banners gradient not the banner itself for now as the start so you can see how rendering is started...as you can see you can see all the colors...megenta,yellow,cyan, and etc...through the images...i hope that make sense...im a bit sleep since its late...so if i said something wrong sorry....

also another way to making a render is using brushes try taking a middle color then making it light on one side and the other side darker...its hard to explain try watching a youtube video on gimp to help you out...i watched a few and helped me out alot how to make smudge banners but of course how old my photoshop is i didn't have all the functions :/ and on top of it im a horrible explainer XD one tip though you don't always use gradients in banners...sometimes brushes are the way to go...depending on the type of banner...try working on the background stuff first before going into rendering and etc...
    Ah well thank youz ^_^ I will actually watch more videos on how to do so :P I need visual learner guide >.<

Ah well thank youz ^_^ I will actually watch more videos on how to do so :P I need visual learner guide >.<
    no problem i always here to help...if you need anything just vm me

New <.> XP

Haha cool I use GIMP too! I can teach you to make glows and outlines; they're not hard.

Spoiler:- To make an outline:

After a bit of practice glows and outlines, they should be a snap! I listed twelve steps but it'll seem like 3 once you get used to it.

[Edit]
    I see that your latest banner

has the glow effect already applied to it. If you're comfortable with what you're doing now, you can disregard my guide. You can always come back here if you want to do my kind of glows!
    Last edited by PikaPika677; 17th November 2012 at 5:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PikaPika677 View Post
    Haha cool I use GIMP too! I can teach you to make glows and outlines; they're not hard.

Spoiler:- To make an outline:

After a bit of practice glows and outlines, they should be a snap! I listed twelve steps but it'll seem like 3 once you get used to it.

[Edit]
    I see that your latest banner

has the glow effect already applied to it. If you're comfortable with what you're doing now, you can disregard my guide. You can always come back here if you want to do my kind of glows!
    Well I am comfortable with how I am doing so far, but I would still love receiving advice from anyone ^_^ Just getting a few more skills to improve and get the skills a bit more broad

And I will definitely try to use the guide you just gave me :3 Thanks ^_^

For naow XP

Last edited by Archangel Armada; 18th November 2012 at 8:48 AM.

Icarus you're getting so much better at your art!! I love the last one with Joltik!

~Credits to myself~

Quote Originally Posted by Skamory7 View Post
    Icarus you're getting so much better at your art!! I love the last one with Joltik!
    Thank youz! ^_^ I try <.>'

New one because I was pretty much bored >.> VERY BORED.

Well haven't had time to make banners >.> But I did one yesterday for the Code Lyoko ^_^ Here:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast