Thread: My first BW2 OU team

Default My first BW2 OU team

After many years, I decided to play Pokémon again, and I like a lot the competitive side. Anyway, I'm kinda new to the BW2 competitive play, and... following various online guides, I built my first team. I know pretty much the basic stuff of a competitive team, but I'd like some tips from experts. Hoping I could get some help here. Thanks in advance to any rater. Though, I'd like to change Gengar and Dugtrio, because I don't use them that much. About the first Pokémon that I send out of battle... It depends. If there are setuppers (except Deoxys-D), I'm going to use Breloom, if not, then I'm going to use Registeel.

Registeel @ leftovers
    Ability: Clear body
    EVs: 252 HP, 252 attack
    Nature: Careful
    Moves:
    Thunderpunch
    Earthquake
    Stealth Rock
    Toxic

Overview: Even though there are better tanks, I choosed Registeel, because It's one of my favourite Pokémon.
    Strategy: Thunderpunch against any flying Pokémon (except Landorus), earthquake against Magnezone. Stealth rock/toxic if the foe is switching

Gyarados @ Leftovers
    Ability: Intimidate
    EVs: 56 HP, 248 attack, 204 speed
    Nature: Adamant
    Moves:
    Aqua tail
    Earthquake
    Stone Edge
    Dragon Dance

Overview: Gyarados probably is one of the most dangerous Pokémon in the entire metagame in my opinion. Thanks to its wonderful types, It's able to block any ground, water, steel and fire attack. It's the perfect counter against Heatran in my opinion.
    Strategy:Aqua tail is probably the strongest physical water move, which is able to take down many Pokémon without problems. Earthquake... Well, it helps a lot against steel Pokémon... Stone edge... Well, I use it against flying and bug Pokémon, and as last... Dragon Dance. I use it principally when I'm sure that the foe is going to switch Pokémon (for example... Heatran).

Heatran @ Choice scarf
    Ability: Flash Fire
    EVs: 252 Special Attack, 252 Speed
    Nature: Modest
    Moves:
    Fire blast
    Hidden Power Ice
    Earth power
    Flash Cannon
    Overview:
    Well... Hum. Heatran is a quite used Pokémon in OU metagames, because of its ability to block a lot of attacks and... Well... W/e. Mine is a revengekiller. Mostly.
    Strategy:What's to say about it, It's a hit'n switch Pokémon. Which needs to be switched every time I kill a foe Pokémon. Fire blast is its STAB move, so I can take down a lot of Pokémon without problems. HP ice helps me a lot against Dragon Pokémons (especially Salamence and Hydreigon). Earth power... Well, dunno. And Flash Cannon helps me against Pokémon like Tyranitar and such, in cases I haven't got more choices.

Dugtrio @ Choice band
    Ability
    : Arena Trap
    EVs: 252 Attack, 252 speed
    Nature: Jolly
    Moves:

Earthquake
    Stone Edge
    Sucker Punch
    Shadow Claw
    Overview: I dunno what to say about it, considering that I use it rarely.
    Strategy:None so far, It's the least used Pokémon in my team. I use it only if the foe is about to use thunder, volt switch and such.

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
    Ability: Poison heal
    EVs: 252 attack, 252 speed
    Nature: Adamant
    Moves:
    Spore
    Focus punch
    Stone edge
    Substitute
    Overview:Breloom is a pretty underated Pokémon, even though It's a great counter against slower Pokémon.
    Strategy:Breloom is a great counter against setuppers, due to the "hide'n bite" tactic. Nothing much to say here. Spore, substitute, focus punch. Repeat over and over. Except when the other Pokémon has Magic bounce.

Gengar @ Leftovers
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 252 attack, 252 speed
    Nature: Timid
    Moves:
    Thunderbolt
    Hidden power ice,
    Shadow ball
    Substitute
    Overview:Gengar is probably the best variant of Starmie and Alakazam. I put it in my team principally because it blocks any earth and fighting move (alongside with Gyarados).
    Strategy: Substitute when I'm PRETTY sure that my foe is going to switch, HP ice to take down grass and ground Pokémon in cases Gyarados and Heatran are K.O. Thunderbolt against flying and water, shadow ball... Well, obviously against Psychic Pokémon. Though, I don't use Gengar that much, even if sometimes it reveals itself useful.

Anyone here? ;_;

About Gayrados, yesh he is pretty strong but a 4x Weakness to Electric and with Rain team so popular right now, quite a few team run a Zapdos, so yeah just noticed that I'll give an in-depth RMT tomorrow.
    THIS IS FOR MY NINTENDO 3DS HANDHELD SYSTEM 2664-2984-6619
    THIS IS FOR MY POKEMON WHITE VIDEO GAME Mike-0218-6703-3716

Not much wrong here in my opinion. For Heatran I wouldn't have Flash Cannon in there. Steel isn't a very good offensive type and you don't want to be locked into it, and Earth Power can deal with Tyranitar just fine. I would go for an Air Balloon set instead that keeps Heatran away from Ground moves. If you ran Air Balloon instead you could replace Flash Cannon with Will-o-Wisp(physical sweepers will hate having their attack halved) which is useful for Tyranitar since it makes its Earthquake much weaker.

Heatran
    Air Balloon
        Spoiler:- Button:

Taken from Smogon

Spoiler:- Wild Future: