Thread: First UU Team

Default First UU Team

Well this is the first UU team I ever tried on PO. So far its been doing good so I want to hear what you guys think.

Froslass
    Item: Leftovers
    Nature: Timid
    Ability: Cursed Body
    EVs: 252 hp, 4 SpD, 252 Spe
    - Spikes
    - Taunt
    - Ice Beam
    - Pain Split

Well this team started out with Porygon-Z so since I knew I needed a ghost type to support the team once I accidentally came across Froslass I knew that I can get the set to work well with the team. Originally I was gonna make a unltimate PP stalling set since it has Cursed Body, Disable, Sub, Torment, and Spite but I'll save that for a team more specialized for it someday. Froslass sets up the hazards, and has good enough speed to Taunt anything slower. The only move most fighting types can hit me with is Stone Edge and since I see most fighting types so far on PO are choiced this gives plenty of opportunities for Froslass to switch in.

Sableye
    Nature: Calm
    Ability: Prankster
    EVs: 252 HP, 120 Def, 136 SpD
    - Recover
    - Taunt
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Foul Play

Still worried about fighting types I decided to add another ghost types. Sableye can also cripple physical attackers with Will-O-Wisp also if Im predicting a Victini/Darmanitan switch in to take it I can use Foul Play to deal a large chunk of damage to them. Maybe even OHKOing. Recover is so I can heal and stall for W-O-W damage. Taunt is so I dont get taunted. Sableye usually gets alot of passive damage and forces alot of switches with this set.

Porygon-Z
    Item: Life Orb
    Nature: Naive
    Ability: Adaptability
    EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Speed, 4 SpA
    - Double Edge
    - Foul Play
    - Recover
    - Ice Beam

After doing some math I found out Max Attack Double Edge is stronger than Max Sp Att Tri attack I decided to make a gimmick set of one of my favorite pokemon. Double Edge does crazy damage to anything that doesnt resist it and a good chunk to things that do that arent defensive. Foul Play is just another gimmick. I wish I had other Dark Physical attacks but oh well. Does decent damage if its Super Effective so its mainly for ghosts. Recover is for all that recoil I take if I predict a switch so I can get some health back before I switch out. Ice Beam is mainly for Gligar,Tangrowth and other Bulky Grass types that might get in my way. It also might cause confusion if I use it first then switch to a Double Edge on their special wall. I might need to think of a better move set. I will consider opinions but Double edge stays. Return isn't as strong. All my teams have a gimmick so I didnt want to end that tradition. Only some work out to stay in the team permanently though like Mix Absol and Wallbreaker Linoone. So Im still testing its usefulness. Its going good so far but I wish it was faster. It still has some suprise value though

Swampert
    Nature: Adamant
    Ability: Torrent
    EVs: 240 HP, 252 Att, 16 Def
    - Earthquake
    - Waterfall
    - Ice Punch
    - Stealth Rock

I was originally gonna use CB Swampert but I felt giving it stealth rock couldve been a better option and Leftovers as well since its my safest switch in to Victinis and Darmanitans. EQ and Waterfall is for STAB, Ice Punch is so I can do some damage to grass types switching in before Im forced to switch out.

Shaymin
    Ability: Natural Cure
    EVs: 4 HP, 252 SpA, 252 Speed
    - Leech Seed
    - Substitute
    - Hidden Power (Ice)
    - Seed Flare

Next I needed something for Bulky Water types and other Grass types. Subseed Shaymin works great for this role. Ever since I tried Tangela in OU with Subseed and actually got results I like to put subseed if I'm making a Fire/Water/Grass core on the team. Leech seed and Substitute are self explanitory. 252 in Sp Att and not HP is so I get a higher % of my HP back which means more Subs. HP Ice is for other grass types an Flying types. Seed Flare is my main STAB move and gets rid of Bulky Waters easily.

Rotom-H
    Item: Choice Scarf
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 252 SpA, 4 SpD, 252 Speed
    - Thunderbolt
    - Volt Switch
    - Hidden Power (Ice)
    - Overheat

Seeing as I needed a Revenge Killer and a Sp Attacker and a Fire Type I decided to go with Rotom-H. T-Bolt and Volt Switch are for STAB with the Latter helping gain momentum. HP Ice for more coverage. Overheat or Steels and anything that needs to be taken out fast. Perhaps I have too much Ice coverage on this team 5/6 pokes have it xD if theres a better HP for Rotom-W please give ideas.
    Last edited by BlueDryBones1; 18th November 2012 at 7:17 PM.

looks good, with standard FWG core, ghosts, and a very original Porygon-Z, very nice The only weakness you have uncovered is Dark, so maybe add a steel type, which is always nice. Only suggestion is Destiny Bond on Froslass, other than that, great team, good luck battling C:
    Challenge the P4L League here

The Netherlands:
    ORAS Demo available at:
    - Nintendo Autumn Tour. Dates and locations found >here<
    - Using Nintendo Zone in a Game Mania store

Diancie:
    -Both stores out of codes. Way to go Nintendo ._.

I have claimed the awesome Kingdra

wrecked by scarf flygon if it switches in. only hope is to burn it with sableye, or hit it on the switch. to fix this, try jolly>timid and ice shard on froslass.

scrafty is also a threat, as drain punch+crunch+ice punch covers your entire team.

more to come, but just some things to think about.

I'm not sure what P-Z's base attack is (85?) but I highly doubt with a +SpA nature vs +Atk nature that a base 135 SpA shooting STAB TriAttacks does less damage than max attack Double-Edges but I may be wrong. The coverage on p-Z is pretty bad as well as Steel types wall it completely however as you stated, you'd like to keep DE there so that's that. It does provide a nice surprise element if indeed it does what you say it does. I think it's also too frail to make good use of recover when you start factoring in Life Orb recoil + DE recoil and is just not that fast when you compare it to other UU threats. My suggestion for it is to perhaps change the item to Choice Scarf swapping Recover for perhaps Trick and swapping Ice Beam for Fire Blast so you aren't completely walled by Steels while dealing great damage to bulky grass types and decent damage to Gligar.

Doesnt get Fire blast so maybe HP Fire is worth a try.

No no hot HP Fire...give it flamethrower for a stronger attack
    Credit to Astral Shadow!