Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Get A Job, Ya Bum!

I work as a Lab Technician at an International Coal Mining company. I spend my days doing quality control during my 12 hour days/nights for 4 days. It's really taxing and labour heavy since every 6 hours I carry 20lbs of coal up 4 flights of stairs and then crush/pulverize them and go back down to burn them in ovens... but that's my job. I constantly am covered in coal dust that I can't scrub off, keep getting told my life is being cut short for working nights and the amount of coal I'm inhaling, and get sick quite easily from sharing a bus with 50 other people but I do enjoy it. Our laboratory has a cat and my crew is exceptional and I get a fair bit of exercise running up the stairs 20 times a night. Plus I get 4 days off and can go buy whatever I wish which really helps when a special limited edition of a game comes out because I NEED IT.

Other than that.. before moving to the laboratory, every summer I worked at this coal mine as an assistant in the office before going back to school.

Before THAT I worked at Blockbuster which wasn't a bad job... other than the bad pay... but it was only part-time. I did have fun keeping up with a lot of films and games that came in early. It was always nice having an opinion about a movie so you can tell a person what you think of it and have them judge whether they wanted to rent it. Made me feel like I mattered sometimes.

I currently do the part-time at Wendy's.

F*ck. Yes.

But I plan to be a firefighter sometime in my life.

I've got an alright job, I work at Meijer (for those who don't know the store its a super center like Wal-Mart). Its not terrible since I've been bumped up to from my original position as a cashier. I've been there about 6 months roughly, and I love the people I work with. I currently hold 2 different positions depending on the days I work and the shifts they need. My primary job is that of a Supervisor, I basically walk around overlooking all of the front end dealing with cashier problems, customer complaints, getting returns back to where they belong and I run breaks. Any other day I work at the Service Desk, which is usually an absurd amount of fun. I like Desk days better simply because I get to ******** the entire day and mess around with friends, when I'm supervising I have to deal with all kinds of stupid problems and 90% of the time the customer blames me when they don't get there way. I also deal with a moron for a Store Manager who undermines my authority at every turn and thinks he is god's gift to the world. All in all its a pretty cush job but it has its quirks just like everything else.
    Some rules are made with all intentions to break
    And she defends it with a warped rationale
    But I've seen what happened to the wicked and proud
    When they decided to take on the throne for the crown

Facebook | Last.fm | Backloggery

I work at Michael's. It's an arts and crafts store.

I don't mind working there, I enjoy most of the people I work with and I actually know a fair amount of random trivia related to the amount of stuff I work with (i.e. adhesives, fine art related materials, wires, and where to buy certain items that we don't have that are commonly asked for...). However I am in need of a new job, for the hours I get are unreliable and with hobbylobby (a bigger crafts store) opening up RIGHT.NEXT.DOOR, they are going to potentially get worse when spring rolls around.

That being said I've had a few interviews. I had a promising interview at a security company, but it fizzled out to someone who had more experience (the only things I gots is customa service!), and I tried an interview at a telecommunications company but she basically told me flat out she refused to even complete the interview because I told her I was currently taking college classes. o_o Ah well!

Quote Originally Posted by dinosaurus View Post
    Do you have a job? Where do you work? Where have you worked before? What do you like about your job, what don't you?
    Where would you like to work?
    I currently don't have a job, but I'm hoping to find one soon.

My most recent job was being a graduate teacher's assistant. I had to come in and offer help to students having difficulty with the material. Also had to grade homework- that kind of sucked. My first semester, there were about 20 students- in the second, there was about 40, so grading time went up a lot. Also, had to try and deal with the possibility of people directly copying from the answer book. I took that possibility more seriously then my teacher did, and I was kind of annoyed when he'd just let stuff like that slip by.

Before that I worked at a title insurance company. I had to scan a lot of papers, do a lot of send out documents, and basically whatever else they wanted me to. The main thing I didn't like about the job was that the company did a lot of business overseas, and was slowly cutting away at the staff, which eventually was what ended my time there.

Right now, if I had a choice, I'd like to work at an engineering company, or at least somewhere where I can use my education, although I'm probably going to have to settle for something different.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandi. View Post
    It's much better than Hellmark haha.
    Oh, I thought you meant the kind of card shop where people buy pokemon, Yu-gi-oh,etc. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Akemi View Post
    ...and I tried an interview at a telecommunications company but she basically told me flat out she refused to even complete the interview because I told her I was currently taking college classes. o_o Ah well!
    Geez, that's harsh. I'd been pissed.
    I'm looking for a Serperior named Serpedera. It'll be at lvl 98 or above. If you happen to have such a pokemon please PM me.

Pretendeavors (Goals I have that don't really mean anything) Updated 10-04-13

Voltorb Flip, Level 8 Victories: 16
    White Geonet: All countries completed!!! (130), 505 Trade Locations (of 513)
    The Last Ten: Locations
    Arunachel Pradesh, India * Dadra & Nager Hall, India * Formosa, Argentina ()
    Henan, China * Himachal Pradesh, India * Lakshadweep, India
    Lubusz, Poland * Madhya Pradesh, India * Shaanxi, China () * Sikkim, India

Pokeathlon Pokedex: 493/493- COMPLETED!!! (01-05-13)

I have a job working with kids with ADD, and ADHD, and occasionally other things, I only get to work there for 3 hours every Saturday though, I need a better paying job soon, cause I'm a senior in high school don't make much, and haven't saved squat

3DS XL FC for Pokemon Y 2595-0724-5772 IGN SmeargleRocks
    Shiny Number 1268

I can offer gen6 cloning services, I will only clone what I don't have as glitch cloning can take awhile and be stressful

Self caught shinies on Y 24
    first successfull (and accidental) MM Shelmet timid 31/1/19/31/31/31 4:25 pm EST 4/14/14
    Shiny XD Gale of Darkness Zubat caught September 17th 2012 @ 4:24 pm EST cave PokeSpot

FUC* ALL HACKERS!!!
    ALL Gen6 6IV Event pokemon are hacked

Work at Dixieline lumber, i hate it because i deal with stupid customers all damn day, I've also worked at Taco Bell and a medical equipment shipping center. Trying to get a new job where I don't have to deal with idiots, mostly something along the lines of stocker or wharehouse worker.

It was interesting reading some of the jobs people do here. There were some I was going to reply to but I read them so long ago that I forget which ones.

Anybody have to work on Black Friday? I did here in Canada so I don't think it was as insane as it would be in the U.S. but it was still pretty damn busy.

I work as a desk jockey that files and fills out forms for a very, very small company most mondays through wednesday. Most of the people at my job are tolerable, particularly my Boss, of whom I regard with respect, because he took night classes to understand my conditions (And by no means did he have to.)

Otherwise, I hate my job with the fiery passion of a thousand stars. It stands as a megalithic memorial in attest to my failure as a writer, and had I the time and capability, I would work anywhere else - be anything else.

Creating sentience is simple. Accepting it, however, is harder than it looks.

I work as a Customer Service Representative at Northwestern Mutual. Sometimes the customers are stupid but you also get to talk to a lot of great people too. Started in April and there will basically be training on and off until June. Should also be getting a promotion and a raise at the end of February so that's all good too. The pay is also amazing.

I do find it amusing though with everyone complaining about how their job isn't "fun", well for most people work isn't fun, it's called life lol

I currently work in a warehouse, it's not too bad but half the people there would hang you for any kind of loving gaze from the management.

I also have to use a voice operated headset which sucks big time but oh well ŁŁŁ

Thinking of quitting one of my jobs; the amount of bs we have to deal with and work we have to do =/= an adequate wage.

I currently work at kfc, and i can tell you one thing! IT SUCKS! i'm the cook so i'm always constantly hearing "corey's where's the chicken" seriously! cant help it that i'm slow :S

Anyways it pays well, just got $480 for 26 hours.. "not bad"
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Advance/AmourShipper ~ I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig

Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunrise ~
    Grooveshark | Tumblr | BulbaGarden | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

I currently work as a receptionist for a community center. I don't work enough hours and I desperately need another job. Preferably one that actually requires a college degree and pays (slightly) more than minimum wage.
    Alpha SapphireL

I'm an entrepreneur, its not going too well.

Quote Originally Posted by HoennDreamer View Post
    I currently work at kfc, and i can tell you one thing! IT SUCKS! i'm the cook so i'm always constantly hearing "corey's where's the chicken" seriously! cant help it that i'm slow :S

Anyways it pays well, just got $480 for 26 hours.. "not bad"
    How does this work because there is no way in hell that KFC pays you roughly $18.45/hr to work as a cook. Adding to fact that you said you were slow at it, I doubt you'd have gotten any type of raise.

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    How does this work because there is no way in hell that KFC pays you roughly $18.45/hr to work as a cook. Adding to fact that you said you were slow at it, I doubt you'd have gotten any type of raise.
    I get $16.50 for it, but i got a little extra for working overtime last week, which is pretty sweeet

Plus i'm australian, so our wages are pretty inflated.
    Latest AmourShipping AMV
    Proud Advance/AmourShipper ~ I would Also like to thank Larvitarr from tumblr who created this sig

Isn't everything we do in life a way to be loved a little more? ~ Before Sunrise ~
    Grooveshark | Tumblr | BulbaGarden | MyAnimeList | PSNProfiles | Youtube | Last.FM

^ Wow, your prices must be ridiculously inflated if you get paid that much. ._.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorocario View Post
    I'm an entrepreneur, its not going too well.
    Uh oh, what is your product/business?

I get $16.50 for it, but i got a little extra for working overtime last week, which is pretty sweeet

Plus i'm australian, so our wages are pretty inflated.
    Ah, makes sense. Is the cost of living way higher there?

Quote Originally Posted by Jb View Post
    Ah, makes sense. Is the cost of living way higher there?
    Yep, way higher infact, nearly everything we have here is half the price in america D:
    Latest AmourShipping AMV

Yep, I do have a job (:

I work in a school as a substitute aide. It's not an everyday job (I only work when they need me) but it's something, right?

I've had a seasonal summer job as a lifeguard at boy scout camp. i was also a kayaking instructor and taught the lifesaving merit badges. most other stories are nsfw

I've worked atttt:
    -a sport's bar nobody cares about
    -McDonald's
    -a preschool/daycare
    -another restaurant nobody cares about
    -Sport's Authority
    -Steak n' Shake

All between the ages of 16-18. I just quit my last one a month ago and I swore to myself, NEVER AGAIN FAST FOOD.

Currently working the same job I've had for about a year and a half at a large retail store. Retail during the holidays is a horrendous sight. u___u
    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/k4dpxc.gif[/IMG]
    the dancing that captivated my heart;
    your selfishly nice gestures, the breathtaking sexiness you have
    those flashing gestures ;;; it makes me lose my breath -- x . x . x

Yep, way higher infact, nearly everything we have here is half the price in america D:
    that's alot of chicken! and I thought we were inflated here

Quote Originally Posted by Caelesti View Post
    Currently working the same job I've had for about a year and a half at a large retail store. Retail during the holidays is a horrendous sight. u___u
    I do grocery store stuff and can't wait to get out of it. Holiday time with no holiday pay and even angrier customers than usual. I say no more
    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/291z3g7.jpg[/IMG]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast